C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm coming to the realization that their HOA must not be enforced at all. I've seen other kids and families out on the course in the vlogs as well. When it snowed last winter the whole damn neighborhood was out there sledding and that can REALLY tear the greens up big time. I have also never seen anyone actually playing golf out there. Just bc it's not enforced doesn't mean they should be out there on the green (i don't think them being on the golf cart track/paved area is a big deal, as long as they aren't in the way) but as much as we see them do, that is against the HOA's rules, they must be super lax. Jay and Bennett get out there and goof around too.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Playsinrain wrote:I'm coming to the realization that their HOA must not be enforced at all. I've seen other kids and families out on the course in the vlogs as well. When it snowed last winter the whole damn neighborhood was out there sledding and that can REALLY tear the greens up big time. I have also never seen anyone actually playing golf out there. Just bc it's not enforced doesn't mean they should be out there on the green (i don't think them being on the golf cart track/paved area is a big deal, as long as they aren't in the way) but as much as we see them do, that is against the HOA's rules, they must be super lax. Jay and Bennett get out there and goof around too.
Didn't someone recently find a newsletter from their HOA reminding residents to stay off of the course, and that it's not to be used for personal recreation? Just because the HOA doesn't have people on patrol all the time doesn't mean they can't be ADULTS and follow rules set by their own community. Even if the entire neighborhood was out there playing a pickup game of soccer, I'd still stay off to teach my kids that you don't trespass on private property. What if random people started walking around C&K's yard and using their hot tub? They'd be all over that. I don't see a difference. Both are private property. If they want to be on the course, pay for a round, or buy a membership (which I'm sure is way out of Cullen's price range.)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I'm coming to the realization that their HOA must not be enforced at all. I've seen other kids and families out on the course in the vlogs as well. When it snowed last winter the whole damn neighborhood was out there sledding and that can REALLY tear the greens up big time. I have also never seen anyone actually playing golf out there. Just bc it's not enforced doesn't mean they should be out there on the green (i don't think them being on the golf cart track/paved area is a big deal, as long as they aren't in the way) but as much as we see them do, that is against the HOA's rules, they must be super lax. Jay and Bennett get out there and goof around too.
Didn't someone recently find a newsletter from their HOA reminding residents to stay off of the course, and that it's not to be used for personal recreation? Just because the HOA doesn't have people on patrol all the time doesn't mean they can't be ADULTS and follow rules set by their own community. Even if the entire neighborhood was out there playing a pickup game of soccer, I'd still stay off to teach my kids that you don't trespass on private property. What if random people started walking around C&K's yard and using their hot tub? They'd be all over that. I don't see a difference. Both are private property. If they want to be on the course, pay for a round, or buy a membership (which I'm sure is way out of Cullen's price range.)
Wasn't that letter from like years or something? Like i said in my post, it doesn't mean that they SHOULD be out there doing anything, i'm just saying they obviously don't have people enforcing these bylaws.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Katie looks like she has lost weight. Good for her.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeah it was me who found the newsletter and it was from years ago. The HOA website hasn't been updated in several years so it is possible that there was a change in the members or the neighborhood and the rules aren't really being enforced anymore. I just found it interesting that there was a point made about it in the past. Jay and Kelly lived there then but I can see them as the type to ignore the rules if "everyone else is" and no one is getting called out.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Yeah it was me who found the newsletter and it was from years ago. The HOA website hasn't been updated in several years so it is possible that there was a change in the members or the neighborhood and the rules aren't really being enforced anymore. I just found it interesting that there was a point made about it in the past. Jay and Kelly lived there then but I can see them as the type to ignore the rules if "everyone else is" and no one is getting called out.
that's what i thought. Something must have changed in the HOA leadership or something bc they seem very lax in upholding the bylaws.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Yeah it was me who found the newsletter and it was from years ago. The HOA website hasn't been updated in several years so it is possible that there was a change in the members or the neighborhood and the rules aren't really being enforced anymore. I just found it interesting that there was a point made about it in the past. Jay and Kelly lived there then but I can see them as the type to ignore the rules if "everyone else is" and no one is getting called out.
that's what i thought. Something must have changed in the HOA leadership or something bc they seem very lax in upholding the bylaws.
My bestfriend is the president of their strata council (same as HOA). They can fine and send out warnings, but they can’t make people listen.

I’m sorry, but I doubt the HOA is just being lax about dogs running and crapping all over a golf course. The members of the country club 100% would care about that. Even IF the HOA is being lax with enforcement (which I doubt), the country club would absolutely be bothered by the abuse of their golf course.

C&Kare low class opportunists with zero manners and respect for others. I don’t care if everyone else is doing it. Are they 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
My bestfriend is the president of their strata council (same as HOA). They can fine and send out warnings, but they can’t make people listen.

I’m sorry, but I doubt the HOA is just being lax about dogs running and crapping all over a golf course. The members of the country club 100% would care about that. Even IF the HOA is being lax with enforcement (which I doubt), the country club would absolutely be bothered by the abuse of their golf course.

C&Kare low class opportunists with zero manners and respect for others. I don’t care if everyone else is doing it. Are they 12?

Even if they have that mentality, i highly doubt that if they were getting fined every time they were out there that they would continue doing it. Or they at least wouldnt be showing it on the vlog where it would be easliy found by members and used as "evidence". Like i said, i don't agree with them being out there, and it is against the bylaws (unless they have dropped the hoa completely and just haven't updated the website recently? Who knows..) all i'm stating is that whoever is running the HOA is doing a piss poor job at it if they are able to get away with this stuff without consequence.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that their house backs on to a rarely used practice green.
I’ve seen some pretty beat up practice greens in otherwise well kept courses.
Maybe the club is smart enough to have the shittiest practice green border the neighbourhood, and that’s why the bylaws aren’t strictly enforced?
I honestly can’t think of another explanation.
:roll:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I looked again and their website was updated randomly in 2017, it's their newsletter that hasn't been published since 2016, at least not publicly. Their Facebook has sporadic updates as well. It seems like it used to be very well maintained and updated, which is why I wondered if there was some sort of change.

Edited to add that I won't be giving out the neighborhood name or website. If you know their address it's easy as hell to find out, but if you don't then you're shit outta luck. There's literally a map on the site and I wouldn't feel right exposing them like that.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: that's what i thought. Something must have changed in the HOA leadership or something bc they seem very lax in upholding the bylaws.

Even if they have that mentality, i highly doubt that if they were getting fined every time they were out there that they would continue doing it. Or they at least wouldnt be showing it on the vlog where it would be easliy found by members and used as "evidence". Like i said, i don't agree with them being out there, and it is against the bylaws (unless they have dropped the hoa completely and just haven't updated the website recently? Who knows..) all i'm stating is that whoever is running the HOA is doing a piss poor job at it if they are able to get away with this stuff without consequence.
I should have been more clear. The HOA can issue fines, but can’t exactly make them pay them.

Some people literally don’t care if they get a bill and have no guilt at all in just ignoring it knowing there’s no way to enforce it.

Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

Vlog recap
Brooks Birthday party
Gaines plays with slime
Brooks gets more presents
They go in the hot tub
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Theirmom wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Couple of things-- Katie and Brooks were going down a water slide in two different slides, and she was holding his hand. She could have so easily dislocated his shoulder! He was twisting around, and she was pulling on his arm. They should have gone down together like on the other water slides.
You should NEVER ride with a child on your lap on a slide. SO many kids end up with broken legs doing this. Bad breaks, too.
https://www.scarymommy.com/playground-s ... own-slide/
https://www.littlethings.com/slide-phot ... a593ed.jpg[/img]
Does this apply to waterslides too? Because I wasn't talking about regular slides-- they were at the water park with Brooks and going down the waterslides with him except for the one where she was holding his hand and he was twisting around like crazy.
Not arguing with you, just curious.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Poor Brooks. That party just screamed thrown together and last minute planned! And what was with Ninja Turtles? Brooks probably has never even seen Ninja Turtles! And a cupcake cake from the grocery store? When Gaines has her birthday in a couple of months, you better believe she will have a bakery cake, custom designed.
The music on the vlog was so very annoying!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Some people literally don’t care if they get a bill and have no guilt at all in just ignoring it knowing there’s no way to enforce it.

Yeah, until they get foreclosed on because they haven't paid HOA fines.

It's happened before.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

crowmtmom78 wrote:Poor Brooks. That party just screamed thrown together and last minute planned! And what was with Ninja Turtles? Brooks probably has never even seen Ninja Turtles! And a cupcake cake from the grocery store? When Gaines has her birthday in a couple of months, you better believe she will have a bakery cake, custom designed.
The music on the vlog was so very annoying!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When they were buying presents for Brooks, Gaines suggested Ninja Turtles, and this was one of the times Cullen "corrected" her that she chose something she would like and questioned if she thought Brooks would like that. I guess they went with it anyway. You're right, it's quite unpersonal. Maybe they don't know what Brooks likes, I don't either by watching their vlogs. I know he is 'physical' and think gymnastics would be good for him, but of course Katie is too lazy to bring him and drive him to a different class than Gaines. Months ago she told that in the nearby future this would be a problem, and I expected then Brooks would be sacrificed.

In the vlog before they showed Gaines got 1 present explicitly, her non-birthday present. But actually in the store she already got her whishes satisfied and got a present, because the first scene when they were in the store and after she was being told to pick something for Brooks, Gaines shouted enthusiastically that she wanted that mermaid cushion, pointing her finger where they should go. This was the first time Cullen "corrected" her, but in the scene after, and after that, and after, the cushion was in the cart anywayssss...

On Gaines' birthday they invited an actrice who played a mermaid, or which figure was it again?

I haven't watched the birthday vlog yet, was the rest of the family there? Because I guess the kids of Kelley are busy with cousin camp.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

I lived on a golf course growing up and we all sled on it! I didn’t know it wasn’t ok. I never went on the course other than to golf and sled, though.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I assumed the birthday cupcakes were from Publix. They do great cakes. They were displayed in the shape of a two. My son’s wedding cake was from there.
I think the theme was for Cullen. He has always liked TNMT. The JK Today kids were there for the party.
My only problem with the whole vlog was Gaines started opening the presents by the end. She should have been told to back off. My older brother was a jerk at everyone’s birthday. Basically he ruined all family birthdays because the attention was not on him.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I don’t remember exactly what happened at Gaines’ 2nd birthday, but I do know that it was at the same jump place and was Minnie themed. Can they not figure out anywhere new to have a birthday? I do think they go more all out for parties at their own home every other year, and that was last year when Gaines got the fancy cake and Ariel came and read a story. They really screwed themselves having both kids’ out of the home parties on the same year. So next year Katie is going to freak out over how stressful it is to throw 2 at home parties 2 months apart.

I also questioned the ninja turtles theme. Last year his theme was balls, so they must not have any idea what Brooks is into. Obviously sharks would have been a better choice since he was so excited about all the shark presents. But maybe the jump place didn’t have a shark costume for the kids to dance with. They easily could have done the party at the community pool. I think Brooks would have liked that so much more.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Yeah, until they get foreclosed on because they haven't paid HOA fines.

It's happened before.
I was just going to say this. The HOA can put liens on your home just like any other debtor. Fines and fees like that aren't something you can just ignore. They can foreclose on your home and will report those unpaid dues or fines to credit bureaus.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”