auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... da81fa.png[/img]

Look at Katie’s comment on this Instagram post. People are discounting her feelings in the comments. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

auntasaurus19 wrote:
Look at Katie’s comment on this Instagram post. People are discounting her feelings in the comments. Image

Feelings about what? Maybe if she didn't live her entire life through social media, she wouldn't feel like people were attacking her all the time.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ducklings4 wrote:You don’t have to dip into a trust. A trust has income. They may get monthly or quarterly distributions from the trust. It does not mean she is dipping in to it. I have set up trusts for all for of my kids. It’s not a huge trust, but it will help them purchase a house they might not have been able to without it. They still all have jobs. They can’t sit back and and eat bon bons all day.

I understand how trusts work. We have one for our kids. (It isn’t so they can grow to be lazy adults who don’t contribute to society though). I also understand expenses and income and fail to see how Grand Doc managed to pay for all the luxuries they have, pay for his daughters’ schooling, their weddings, and still build up hefty enough trusts for the girls to live off. Exactly how big do you think this trust is for them to be benefitting off the interest?

Not sure why people find it hard to believe that they are living outside their means when Cullen himself said he was anxious about the purchases they’d made. He certainly felt they had money issues.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by chloe6124 »

crew96 wrote:
chloe6124 wrote:
crew96 wrote:Also, to put it in perspective Jay & Kelley’s mortgage amount is under 300k. So their monthly payment is probably 2200/m or less.

Ours is for 367k. With taxes and insurance it’s 2300.

Interesting. Do you have low property taxes? We put a lot down on our second house and brought our loan amount to 253 and pay 1850 w/ taxes and insurance. When we looked at loan amounts of around 290 it was 2200 Image - We have really high property taxes. Adds over $600/m to our payment.

But we also live in a country club community and that can be very expensive some months based on how often we go to events or the pool - knowing that we wants to keep our mortgage low! There are 500k-600k homes in our neighborhood but just seemed silly for us. CC dues are no joke! And then when there is a capital call you need an extra couple grand just to pull out of nowhere.

I live in Indiana. We have some of the lowest property taxes in the country. On a loan that is 367k and appraised at 459k our property taxes are just over 3300 a year. We didn’t put any additional money down because when we sold our house we paid off our land we were building on. We live in the country on 2.7 acres not in a housing addition. C&k live in Alabama so property taxes are probably super low there also.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

chloe6124 wrote: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Indiana. We have some of the lowest property taxes in the country. On a loan that is 367k and appraised at 459k our property taxes are just over 3300 a year. We didn’t put any additional money down because when we sold our house we paid off our land we were building on. We live in the country on 2.7 acres not in a housing addition. C&k live in Alabama so property taxes are probably super low there also.

Super jealous. our property taxes are just under $10k a year in a Chicago suburb. My husband and I were toying with moving across the boarder to Indiana a few years ago.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
chloe6124 wrote: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super jealous. our property taxes are just under $10k a year in a Chicago suburb. My husband and I were toying with moving across the boarder to Indiana a few years ago.
My sister lives in Deer Park Illinois. Yes we are shocked at how high their taxes are. You can defintly afford more home when property taxes are lower.

Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

The reason they get crap views is because it's actual real life vlogs not fake scripted bullshit like daily bumps
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Em1899 wrote:The reason they get crap views is because it's actual real life vlogs not fake scripted bullshit like daily bumps
I agree with you. The problem with the reality of real life is it becomes routine and eventually their vlogs are reruns. I love watching the kids develop so I keep watching them. I don’t see that level of development in daily Bumps because we don’t see the “real” Ollie. We do see Finns development, but they hide it.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Em1899 wrote:The reason they get crap views is because it's actual real life vlogs not fake scripted bullshit like daily bumps
I don’t think so. Their vlogs that have been about real life generally do really well (talking about marriage issues, the kids development, family life). I think their problem is more that they’re stagnant. Most of their vlogs are only the camera on the kids (Gaines really) playing. And while that’s real life and it’s nice to see it makes for boring vlogs day in and day out, and there is more they could show. If they went full out genuine daily vlogging and showed how they clean, cook, engage with the kids, go for family walks, etc I think they would do really well. That’s why people loved daily vlogging to begin with. It was literally a glimpse into someone’s day to day life.
But Cullen has gotten lazy. It’s easier to plunk the camera in front of Gaines for 10 minutes and call it a day.
Not to mention they’re inconsistent with their uploads, even when they get on twitter and promise a video they don’t deliver. People get annoyed by that. To be successful you do have to treat YouTube like a job. Add to that their recent political stance, and just general rudeness it’s no wonder they can’t retain an audience.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
I don’t think so. Their vlogs that have been about real life generally do really well (talking about marriage issues, the kids development, family life). I think their problem is more that they’re stagnant. Most of their vlogs are only the camera on the kids (Gaines really) playing. And while that’s real life and it’s nice to see it makes for boring vlogs day in and day out, and there is more they could show. If they went full out genuine daily vlogging and showed how they clean, cook, engage with the kids, go for family walks, etc I think they would do really well. That’s why people loved daily vlogging to begin with. It was literally a glimpse into someone’s day to day life.
But Cullen has gotten lazy. It’s easier to plunk the camera in front of Gaines for 10 minutes and call it a day.
Not to mention they’re inconsistent with their uploads, even when they get on twitter and promise a video they don’t deliver. People get annoyed by that. To be successful you do have to treat YouTube like a job. Add to that their recent political stance, and just general rudeness it’s no wonder they can’t retain an audience.
This ^ I like watching vlogs about REAL life. I don’t relate to them riding around in a golf cart or giving their kids new toys every other day. Clean with me, cooking like they did in the old house, juggling YT work with kids’ schedules. Not dropping their kids off at yet another day of MDO or Grand Dolly Day while they sit on their asses and then phone in a video of Gaines playing with slime for 7 minutes.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

askeptichere wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
This ^ I like watching vlogs about REAL life. I don’t relate to them riding around in a golf cart or giving their kids new toys every other day. Clean with me, cooking like they did in the old house, juggling YT work with kids’ schedules. Not dropping their kids off at yet another day of MDO or Grand Dolly Day while they sit on their asses and then phone in a video of Gaines playing with slime for 7 minutes.

Exactly. We all miss the vlogs they used to do. It’s fair to say their channel isn’t growing like DB’s because they don’t make the kid videos, but the lost views and channel regression are all the result of K&C’s laziness.

Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

Their probably just sick of doing it already, they started vlogging in 2011
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Em1899 wrote:Their probably just sick of doing it already, they started vlogging in 2011
Then they should go get real jobs
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

Think they are going to Ollie’s bday party this weekend?

Punkincookie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Punkincookie »

tnchk1187 wrote:Think they are going to Ollie’s bday party this weekend?

That would be a super shock. I wonder if Kelsey and Corbin was invited

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
pitbullmommy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pitbullmommy »

lmmomSD wrote:Of course they got Gaines an unbirthday present. Katie said they did it growing up. No wonder she is so self absorbed.
ImageImage

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I think that is just about the stupidest concept I’ve ever heard. Spoiled brats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

Vlog for today is just the kids drawing pictures.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Someone yesterday was mentioning how their old house might of been paid off when they sold it. If I remember the house they are in now was contingent on them selling the old house.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Gosh this article on the type of financing they got for their house is scary. I bet they end up losing this house. If they are only paying interest that is even scarier. What if they are supposed to secure financing after so long and can’t. This article is a eye opener.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pu ... rtgage.asp

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

chloe6124 wrote:Gosh this article on the type of financing they got for their house is scary. I bet they end up losing this house. If they are only paying interest that is even scarier. What if they are supposed to secure financing after so long and can’t. This article is a eye opener.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pu ... rtgage.asp

Wait, so they’re basically renting this house from the previous owner until the loan is paid in full? Someone explain this to me in layman’s terms.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”