C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by wishes »

Yep, it was Heather & Drew.. they have a newborn baby girl.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

japaluvr wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Did anyone else see Cullen and Katie's friend in the background holding the newborn? I think (if i'm not mistaken) that is Hadley and Anders' dad.. i can picture him and his wife clearly in my head (they have been in vlogs for years and years now..) and i'm pretty sure that's their kids. Anyway, maybe they had a 3rd? Congrats to them! Has Katie ever given any update with David and Dezi and their twins?
I haven't watched the party vlog, but I was hoping Dessi's family would come! Their twin girls are SO CUTE. I also thought that was Hadley's parents too. I'm stalking FB now to see.
I didn't see Dessi's family, but i will say that i wasn't paying a ton of attention to the party part of the vlog (i was doing my nails at the same time lol) but now i want to go back and watch to see if i see them! I want to see the twins!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

japaluvr wrote:Yep, it was Heather & Drew.. they have a newborn baby girl.
Heather and Drew! Yes! I could not think of their names. Good for them! They always seemed like good people. :love2:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Even if social blade was a correct estimate (which it’s not) C&K are making just $74k a year. My husband makes twice that, and we aren’t living the country club lifestyle that C&K are.... granted we make very different and more guarded financial decisions as well. My guess is that they have some major debt going on. Any reasonable adult would have returned to work at least part time by now to help out, but C&K are acting like children insisting on making this YT thing work. Trouble is, they aren’t willing to put in the work needed to transform their channel. Instead they have actually shown a side of theirselves that has undoubtedly turned people away.

They suck at parenting, and suck at pet ownership. They are lazy af, and extremely entitled. As we are learning from Cullen’s podcast as well, rules don’t always apply and he thinks that’s hilarious. The vlogs are inconsistent, and even when a vlog is promised, Cullen will fail to upload without a word said. The more purchases they make, the less happy they seem. They need to get out more and actually do something. Not just stay within their country club bubble! Now they are openly liking homophobic comments? Are they trying to turn away more viewers? Targetballing gave them their start, but they lack the consistency and drive for it to be a thing now. Plus all the golf course behaviour.... they are entitlement at its worst, and it’s obvious with every vlog. They are even worse than B&M, because they are imposing their entitlement on others.

I just don’t see how they are getting by. I don’t even think Katie’s dad has the money to be supporting them. If he is though, then it’s absurd for him to be supporting his 30+ year old daughter who has a perfectly good degree but is just too lazy to work and her lazy ass husband. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

HelloSweetie wrote:Even if social blade was a correct estimate (which it’s not) C&K are making just $74k a year. My husband makes twice that, and we aren’t living the country club lifestyle that C&K are.... granted we make very different and more guarded financial decisions as well. My guess is that they have some major debt going on. Any reasonable adult would have returned to work at least part time by now to help out, but C&K are acting like children insisting on making this YT thing work. Trouble is, they aren’t willing to put in the work needed to transform their channel. Instead they have actually shown a side of theirselves that has undoubtedly turned people away.

They suck at parenting, and suck at pet ownership. They are lazy af, and extremely entitled. As we are learning from Cullen’s podcast as well, rules don’t always apply and he thinks that’s hilarious. The vlogs are inconsistent, and even when a vlog is promised, Cullen will fail to upload without a word said. The more purchases they make, the less happy they seem. They need to get out more and actually do something. Not just stay within their country club bubble! Now they are openly liking homophobic comments? Are they trying to turn away more viewers? Targetballing gave them their start, but they lack the consistency and drive for it to be a thing now. Plus all the golf course behaviour.... they are entitlement at its worst, and it’s obvious with every vlog. They are even worse than B&M, because they are imposing their entitlement on others.

I just don’t see how they are getting by. I don’t even think Katie’s dad has the money to be supporting them. If he is though, then it’s absurd for him to be supporting his 30+ year old daughter who has a perfectly good degree but is just too lazy to work and her lazy ass husband. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

They must have absolutely no savings at all, with thousands of dollars in credit card debt. My husband also makes twice that and we don't live as extravagantly as they do. Granted, we're in a Chicago suburb so the cost of living is a bit different, but it's easy to tell they are living WAY outside their means.

What's their plans for when the kids need to go to college? They've already been grooming them to be Alabama students. Retirement? A huge health crisis? It stresses me out just thinking about it. They must assume (or maybe have been told as much) that Grand Doc has a large chunk of money waiting for them when he and Dolly pass away. Just the sale of Doc and Dolly's houses will give both Kelly and Katie several hundred thousand dollars. I hope that whatever Doc and Dolly have planned, that they've made it clear that Brooks and Gaines get a certain amount not to be touched by C&K. They'd spend those kids' inheritance in a snap.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Hi all,
So i watched today's vlog- first one in weeks and I'm not sure what to make of them and their situation.

Katie seems like she's dead inside...more so than Cullen. A light inside of her has gone out for sure.

As for the money situation- In today's vlog they were buying clothes and also mentioned a trip next weekend. there were new outfits for the kids also. Is there any chance their house payments etc are less than we thought? If their money problems are as bad as we think then surely the cracks would be really starting to show by now right? Its over a year now since they bought the new house and suburban. Thoughts?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

irishmiss wrote:Hi all,
So i watched today's vlog- first one in weeks and I'm not sure what to make of them and their situation.

Katie seems like she's dead inside...more so than Cullen. A light inside of her has gone out for sure.

As for the money situation- In today's vlog they were buying clothes and also mentioned a trip next weekend. there were new outfits for the kids also. Is there any chance their house payments etc are less than we thought? If their money problems are as bad as we think then surely the cracks would be really starting to show by now right? Its over a year now since they bought the new house and suburban. Thoughts?
There has to be more money than just the YT money (at least by social blade standards). How or where they are getting the money has been thrown around for ages, but there has to be more money coming in than just YT. Katie used to be the budget queen, and frozen pizza was a luxury. She knows how to cut back if she needed too. Now weather she would at this point is up to discussion, but i don't think they are as hard up for money as some do. Like i said, idk how or where the money is coming from, but i just can't see YT being their only source of "income" in that house. It just doesn't add up financially. Could just be piling up credit card debit, but Katie seemed good with money back in the day, hopefully she has kept at least some of that mentality.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Either they’re drowning in debt, or Dolly and Doc gave them a loan or bought their house for them. No way a bank would give them a loan for almost $400K with how much they make per year and how much their income can fluctuate.

Who buys a home that’s worth 7x what their annual income is? No way they owned their previous home outright unless it was a gift from her parents. Even if they got the whole 300k out of that sale, they still owe $350k, plus $70k for the new Suburban.

I don’t think we’ll ever know their financial situation. We’ve speculated before about this. Some people think they’re living above their means and are drowning in debt, others think Katie has a trust fund that she dipped into. I tend to lean toward debt with the way Cullen said the house and car were giving him anxiety. I can’t see how they’d still be afloat without Katie’s family’s help though.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

askeptichere wrote:

Either they’re drowning in debt, or Dolly and Doc gave them a loan or bought their house for them. No way a bank would give them a loan for almost $400K with how much they make per year and how much their income can fluctuate.

Who buys a home that’s worth 7x what their annual income is? No way they owned their previous home outright unless it was a gift from her parents. Even if they got the whole 300k out of that sale, they still owe $350k, plus $70k for the new Suburban.

I don’t think we’ll ever know their financial situation. We’ve speculated before about this. Some people think they’re living above their means and are drowning in debt, others think Katie has a trust fund that she dipped into. I tend to lean toward debt with the way Cullen said the house and car were giving him anxiety. I can’t see how they’d still be afloat without Katie’s family’s help though.

I’m surprised that people think they couldn’t possibly be living beyond their means or taking on debt. I know tons of the “keeping up with the joneses” types who need to project a certain image. It really isn’t that uncommon, especially in circles like C&K’s. Even IF they did get help from Katie’s parents though, they are still showing that they are bad with money because no one needs to spend as wastefully as they do. People that are good with their money save a lot for the future. An inheritance is not a guarantee, and shame on C&K if that is their retirement plan. Grandolly or GD could live to be in their 90s! They both are arguably in better shape and health than Katie is ffs.

I don’t think Katie was ever good with money though. It’s just that the YT “friends” they were trying to keep up with at the time were actually behind them financially. Now they’ve seen those vloggers fly past then and no longer looking up to them. That has to hurt.

crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

Okay. So I’m not sure if this was discussed last year when they bought the new house. But - they did put 20% down on their McMansion. However, they financed an insane amount (over 500k) and got another 55k loan to be used for construction/updates, I’m assuming.

They got a purchase money mortgage which seems to be if you can’t qualify for a traditional mortgage. Yikes!! I’m sure the interest rate is insane. This is just from a quick google search. Their mortgage payment is likely over 4K a month!

Also, social blade says they make pennies. But sponsorships are where the real money lies. So I’m sure it’s fine. One sponsorship a month probably pays the mortgage.

crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

Also, to put it in perspective Jay & Kelley’s mortgage amount is under 300k. So their monthly payment is probably 2200/m or less.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

crew96 wrote:Okay. So I’m not sure if this was discussed last year when they bought the new house. But - they did put 20% down on their McMansion. However, they financed an insane amount (over 500k) and got another 55k loan to be used for construction/updates, I’m assuming.

They got a purchase money mortgage which seems to be if you can’t qualify for a traditional mortgage. Yikes!! I’m sure the interest rate is insane. This is just from a quick google search. Their mortgage payment is likely over 4K a month!

Also, social blade says they make pennies. But sponsorships are where the real money lies. So I’m sure it’s fine. One sponsorship a month probably pays the mortgage.

How did you find the documents?
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
crew96 wrote:Okay. So I’m not sure if this was discussed last year when they bought the new house. But - they did put 20% down on their McMansion. However, they financed an insane amount (over 500k) and got another 55k loan to be used for construction/updates, I’m assuming.

Their local county recorder’s website.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Social Blade does matter in a round about way though because a sponsor isn’t going to just sponsor anyone.... it’s about NUMBERS, and C&K have bad ones. They are small potatoes, becoming smaller and smaller by the second. Even E&J are having to branch out into other things (podcasts and Bollie) and they once received a free vehicle for a year. C&K are much smaller than E&J are.

Shane Dawson and Bunny get millions of views a month, and both have said how the sponsors aren’t paying like they once did.

Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

Does any one believe the elf on the shelf nonsense they every christmas?
Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

Does any one believe the elf on the shelf nonsense they every christmas?
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:

Wow. Basically they got a house that was out of the price range they could get a loan for. So they get the mortgage through the seller. That sounds ridiculous. Sounds like what they call a land contract when buying a house.

These two are the poster children of how youtube has ruined their marriage. I remember the first video I saw of them was the puppy parking lot rescue. I thought they were so sweet. They have to have income from some other resource. Cullen needs to go get a job that is outside the house.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

crew96 wrote:Also, to put it in perspective Jay & Kelley’s mortgage amount is under 300k. So their monthly payment is probably 2200/m or less.

Ours is for 367k. With taxes and insurance it’s 2300.

crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

chloe6124 wrote:
crew96 wrote:Also, to put it in perspective Jay & Kelley’s mortgage amount is under 300k. So their monthly payment is probably 2200/m or less.

Ours is for 367k. With taxes and insurance it’s 2300.

Interesting. Do you have low property taxes? We put a lot down on our second house and brought our loan amount to 253 and pay 1850 w/ taxes and insurance. When we looked at loan amounts of around 290 it was 2200 :( - We have really high property taxes. Adds over $600/m to our payment.

But we also live in a country club community and that can be very expensive some months based on how often we go to events or the pool - knowing that we wants to keep our mortgage low! There are 500k-600k homes in our neighborhood but just seemed silly for us. CC dues are no joke! And then when there is a capital call you need an extra couple grand just to pull out of nowhere.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

You don’t have to dip into a trust. A trust has income. They may get monthly or quarterly distributions from the trust. It does not mean she is dipping in to it. I have set up trusts for all for of my kids. It’s not a huge trust, but it will help them purchase a house they might not have been able to without it. They still all have jobs. They can’t sit back and and eat bon bons all day.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”