C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Baconsgirl

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Well I wish them the best of luck. If this brings him happiness then I think it’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Cullen went to community college and Britney was doing shady stuff and never went to college. I don't see what they have to talk about.

I listen to lots of podcasts, and I really don't think they know what they are getting into. It's not as easy as people think it is. I bet they do fewer than five podcast episodes and quit because they run out of things to talk about.

Could he be just copying some other YTers because he's desperate? Will they actually admit Britney was in prison????

Listening to them ramble about their party days back in the 1990s doesn't sound like interesting content AT ALL!
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I don’t think they can do a podcast without slipping up and mentioning her time in prison. Honestly i would listen to her prison stories lol. That would be more interesting than their party days.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

While I am glad that they are pursuing a secondary source of revenue, I definitely feel they are missing the mark. Katie is the one that should be starting a podcast! A lot of busy mom listen to self-help podcasts as they chase their kids around and would probably love to hear from a relatable mother with a psychology background. Sure we know she isn't all that relatable or smart, but the audience likely wouldn't.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

HelloSweetie wrote:While I am glad that they are pursuing a secondary source of revenue, I definitely feel they are missing the mark. Katie is the one that should be starting a podcast! A lot of busy mom listen to self-help podcasts as they chase their kids around and would probably love to hear from a relatable mother with a psychology background. Sure we know she isn't all that relatable or smart, but the audience likely wouldn't.
But that would mean Princess Katie having to unlazy herself sometime in the next half century. And we all, they all and ya'll know that isn't gawn happen.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Baconsgirl wrote:Well I wish them the best of luck. If this brings him happiness then I think it’s great.
Relying on something that brings you happiness is one thing but if it doesn't bring in a paycheck too he's missing the mark completely. That's what hobbies are for. He's already admitted being stressed about money so he really needs to hope this second venture will yield $$$.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I'm not all that familiar with podcasts, only really listened to a few episodes of Young House Love (DIYers) but they usually have an ad in the middle of the episode and the ones I download to listen are free. How will Cullen & his sister make money off of this, especially in the beginning?

Podcasts are boring, in my opinion. I don't see this venture lasting long. They're known for starting something and stopping.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

japaluvr wrote:I'm not all that familiar with podcasts, only really listened to a few episodes of Young House Love (DIYers) but they usually have an ad in the middle of the episode and the ones I download to listen are free. How will Cullen & his sister make money off of this, especially in the beginning?

Podcasts are boring, in my opinion. I don't see this venture lasting long. They're known for starting something and stopping.
Podcasts rely on sponsorships. A company will give them an ad to read and promote during, so the podcast will have one or maybe two ad reads. If they choose to do a video podcast they can also put it up on YouTube and run ads on it there.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
japaluvr wrote:I'm not all that familiar with podcasts, only really listened to a few episodes of Young House Love (DIYers) but they usually have an ad in the middle of the episode and the ones I download to listen are free. How will Cullen & his sister make money off of this, especially in the beginning?

Podcasts rely on sponsorships. A company will give them an ad to read and promote during, so the podcast will have one or maybe two ad reads. If they choose to do a video podcast they can also put it up on YouTube and run ads on it there.
Thank you. They haven't done much sponsorships lately, so makes me wonder where they'll be getting all these sponsors for their podcast. Did they say how often they'd be doing a podcast?
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Baconsgirl wrote:Well I wish them the best of luck. If this brings him happiness then I think it’s great.

Same.. I'm glad he's doing something to occupy himself. We all talk about them doing a whole lot of nothing, so starting something like this will be great. Even if it's more like a hobby. i think if he does this right, it could be entertaining. Hearing stories from him and Katie, his sister, Kelly and Jay... plus the way he broke it down on twitter, i dont think it's going to be all stories of things that happened in the past. If they bring in guests and do this well i can see giving it a listen. I've never listened to a podcast before.. so ...
I would also like to hear some stories from Britney... i'm sure she has some interesting tales.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

They don't have the viewer base to make a successful podcast. They barely break 20K views on their daily vlogs. What makes them think people are going to take the extra step of downloading a podcast? Or are they making a separate YT channel to post the episodes on?

I can hardly listen to Cullen ramble on in the vlogs, and I will not listen to Brittany for any length of time. I definitely will not listen to them both re-live their "glory days" on a podcast. I have friends who constantly talk about their shenanigans from high school, and it gets old fast. No one cares about what happened to you in HS or college except for the people that experienced it with you. They'll be laughing uncontrollably about what happened that one time 15-20 years ago, and everyone listening will maybe give a small chuckle, but then shrug their shoulders or roll their eyes thinking "move on."
MotherNature2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MotherNature2 »

lmmomSD wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Cullen can hardly form coherent sentences on the vlog. How on Earth will anyone have any idea what he's talking about on a podcast? They're in their 30's. High School and College was a long time ago for them. I doubt they will be very relatable to current high schoolers and college students. I agree that it sounds like it'll be an immediate flop.
And Britany basically yells. I don't think I have seen much of her sober. I haven't watched her vlogs because I am just not interested, but all I have seen of her (except for the one vlog where she watched the kids) has been in the background of C&K's vlogs going "Whoo!" or the like, or telling slurred stories about Bama games of the past.
And no, I don't think that high school and college students of today will find much to relate to. Cullen didn't even go to a four year college. Did Britney go to college? He's ostensibly an adult with responsibilities. Why is he trying to relive his college days? Wishing he didn't have the "burdens" of being a husband and father? Britney is rushing towards those responsibilities as fast as she can. I would actually be interested in a podcast with Cullen talking honestly about what he would do differently, and maybe giving Britney some advice about taking time to enjoy just being a couple with Corey. I know C&K didn't rush into having kids, but they sure piled on the expenses once they did!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Not sure how Brittany landed a decent guy like she did.. she’s obnoxiously loud
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MotherNature2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Cullen can hardly form coherent sentences on the vlog. How on Earth will anyone have any idea what he's talking about on a podcast? They're in their 30's. High School and College was a long time ago for them. I doubt they will be very relatable to current high schoolers and college students. I agree that it sounds like it'll be an immediate flop.
And Britany basically yells. I don't think I have seen much of her sober. I haven't watched her vlogs because I am just not interested, but all I have seen of her (except for the one vlog where she watched the kids) has been in the background of C&K's vlogs going "Whoo!" or the like, or telling slurred stories about Bama games of the past.
And no, I don't think that high school and college students of today will find much to relate to. Cullen didn't even go to a four year college. Did Britney go to college? He's ostensibly an adult with responsibilities. Why is he trying to relive his college days? Wishing he didn't have the "burdens" of being a husband and father? Britney is rushing towards those responsibilities as fast as she can. I would actually be interested in a podcast with Cullen talking honestly about what he would do differently, and maybe giving Britney some advice about taking time to enjoy just being a couple with Corey. I know C&K didn't rush into having kids, but they sure piled on the expenses once they did!

Different strokes for different folks.. you may not like her but it's clear Corey loves her. I'm a loudmouth too, but that doesn't mean i didn't or couldn't land a great man..
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MotherNature2 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

He's loud and obnoxious too. He was the one talking about "all my ho's" at Christmas. Except for the woodworking, his social media is mostly party pics. Which is fine, but you do have to grow up sometime. Preferably before you start having kids.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:

Same.. I'm glad he's doing something to occupy himself. We all talk about them doing a whole lot of nothing, so starting something like this will be great. Even if it's more like a hobby. i think if he does this right, it could be entertaining. Hearing stories from him and Katie, his sister, Kelly and Jay... plus the way he broke it down on twitter, i dont think it's going to be all stories of things that happened in the past. If they bring in guests and do this well i can see giving it a listen. I've never listened to a podcast before.. so ...
I would also like to hear some stories from Britney... i'm sure she has some interesting tales.

I agree, this new thing might not be something Im interested in, but at least he's trying to widen his fan ($$) base.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I listen to A LOT of podcasts. Actually, I watch very little TV and YT these days and mostly listen to podcasts. Being a YT fan I'm prob more likely than most to give C&K's podcast a try. Thing is, if it's just them joking around telling stories illustrating that they peaked in high school, it will have to be really funny to hold my interest. The thing about podcasts is that they are great for entertaining yourself while getting things done, but they can also be really great for falling asleep to. Podcasts aren't the next way to make easy money. The market is already flooded, and you need to actually work and hustle to get sponsors. It's fine that Cullen wants to start a hobby and all, but if they are in a position where they need to bring in more revenue, the podcast isn't going to do that right away. It's probably going to take 2-3 podcasts just to cover the cost of the equipment.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I listen to A LOT of podcasts. Actually, I watch very little TV and YT these days and mostly listen to podcasts. Being a YT fan I'm prob more likely than most to give C&K's podcast a try. Thing is, if it's just them joking around telling stories illustrating that they peaked in high school, it will have to be really funny to hold my interest. The thing about podcasts is that they are great for entertaining yourself while getting things done, but they can also be really great for falling asleep to. Podcasts aren't the next way to make easy money. The market is already flooded, and you need to actually work and hustle to get sponsors. It's fine that Cullen wants to start a hobby and all, but if they are in a position where they need to bring in more revenue, the podcast isn't going to do that right away. It's probably going to take 2-3 podcasts just to cover the cost of the equipment.

I think with this and the "revamping" of Katie's channel (although.... how long has it been since they uploaded last?) is a good way to eventually start bringing in a little extra cash. I don't think either venture is going to be a huge monetary success but every little bit helps and i enjoy the fact that they are at least looking like they are getting some work ethic back. I've said it before, but after the months of the both of them (Cullen especially) slugging through life like getting out of bed was a chore it's nice to see Cullen (and Katie if she would get to putting out regular content like she said she was) putting forth effort in something that he's excited about and working to try and drum up a little extra income for their household. Even if it turns out that it's more hobby than money maker, i hope he sticks with it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I listen to A LOT of podcasts. Actually, I watch very little TV and YT these days and mostly listen to podcasts. Being a YT fan I'm prob more likely than most to give C&K's podcast a try. Thing is, if it's just them joking around telling stories illustrating that they peaked in high school, it will have to be really funny to hold my interest. The thing about podcasts is that they are great for entertaining yourself while getting things done, but they can also be really great for falling asleep to. Podcasts aren't the next way to make easy money. The market is already flooded, and you need to actually work and hustle to get sponsors. It's fine that Cullen wants to start a hobby and all, but if they are in a position where they need to bring in more revenue, the podcast isn't going to do that right away. It's probably going to take 2-3 podcasts just to cover the cost of the equipment.

I think with this and the "revamping" of Katie's channel (although.... how long has it been since they uploaded last?) is a good way to eventually start bringing in a little extra cash. I don't think either venture is going to be a huge monetary success but every little bit helps and i enjoy the fact that they are at least looking like they are getting some work ethic back. I've said it before, but after the months of the both of them (Cullen especially) slugging through life like getting out of bed was a chore it's nice to see Cullen (and Katie if she would get to putting out regular content like she said she was) putting forth effort in something that he's excited about and working to try and drum up a little extra income for their household. Even if it turns out that it's more hobby than money maker, i hope he sticks with it.
YT has changed and the money isn't what it used to he. YTers like DB that are living these lavish lifestyles are selling an image they cannot sustain and even they know it. One of the oldest and still most successful YTers is Shane Dawson (13 million subscribers) and he has a nice life and all, but has also repeatedly said he can't afford to be wasteful after the "adpocalypse". He does still spend lavishly from time to time, but for the most part appears to be sensible. The days of YT bringing in the major sponsors is over. C&K are grasping at straws at this point. They don't have what the younger generation is looking for, and aren't mature enough to appeal to an older audience. I'm not going to pat them on the back for continuing to pursue something unrealistic because at least they are stepping it up a bit. They both need to get their hustle on and actually start WORKING. I don't see this new venture as that at all, and I don't see Katie actually putting a solid effort into her channel either. They can't even get it up to walk their dogs ffs. They are lazy AF, they will be just as lazy with any self-guided business at this point. They need to do something harder in order to change their lives. A 20 hour a week job for both of them would probably do more to help their marriage, finances, energy level and mental health than Katie's channel and podcasting ever will.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Sorry but they don't have the audience for a podcast. No one who isn't already a fan is going to care about listening to Cullen and Brittany talk. They've got such a small audience already, take away a percentage of people who don't care for or have time for podcasts and that number gets even smaller. It's cool if he wants to do it even without earning a ton from it, but I think Cullen needs a job, not a hobby.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

YT has changed and the money isn't what it used to he. YTers like DB that are living these lavish lifestyles are selling an image they cannot sustain and even they know it. One of the oldest and still most successful YTers is Shane Dawson (13 million subscribers) and he has a nice life and all, but has also repeatedly said he can't afford to be wasteful after the "adpocalypse". He does still spend lavishly from time to time, but for the most part appears to be sensible. The days of YT bringing in the major sponsors is over. C&K are grasping at straws at this point. They don't have what the younger generation is looking for, and aren't mature enough to appeal to an older audience. I'm not going to pat them on the back for continuing to pursue something unrealistic because at least they are stepping it up a bit. They both need to get their hustle on and actually start WORKING. I don't see this new venture as that at all, and I don't see Katie actually putting a solid effort into her channel either. They can't even get it up to walk their dogs ffs. They are lazy AF, they will be just as lazy with any self-guided business at this point. They need to do something harder in order to change their lives. A 20 hour a week job for both of them would probably do more to help their marriage, finances, energy level and mental health than Katie's channel and podcasting ever will.

Yeah i didn't mean to come across as saying this would be something that "saved" them. I agree they both would benefit from a part time job. At least they are trying SOMETHING at this point. If this doesn't take off the way they expect (bc it's probably not) hopefully it will lead to one of them deciding that working outside the home is something they need to pursue. I guess what i'm trying to say is at least they are becoming open to new ideas when it comes to bringing income in. Even if the podcasts are just an extension of the vlogs, at least its something. Maybe break the boring daily cycle they are in.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”