Don't Tell Mom Podcast.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Don't Tell Mom Podcast.

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Playsinrain wrote:I don't think it's fair to judge people for their wasted youth and college antics, but then some of those things probably shouldn't be talked about so that everyone in the entire world could find out about them. Cullen is still immature, but i don't think that makes him a shit person.
It was more than just teenage antics. He caused a teacher to break an arm or leg (he can't remember). He laughs at all the illegal stuff he did. He obviously never learned ANYTHING from all the shit he did well into his 20s. He was drinking while driving the golf cart just last fall. He's an irresponsible jerk! I'd love to know why he was FIRED twice.

Brittany passed out and crashed head-on into a tree and then committed hit-and-run.

If you haven't listened to the podcasts, you really can't understand how awful they are.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I don't think it's fair to judge people for their wasted youth and college antics, but then some of those things probably shouldn't be talked about so that everyone in the entire world could find out about them. Cullen is still immature, but i don't think that makes him a shit person.
It was more than just teenage antics. He caused a teacher to break an arm or leg (he can't remember). He laughs at all the illegal stuff he did. He obviously never learned ANYTHING from all the shit he did well into his 20s. He was drinking while driving the golf cart just last fall. He's an irresponsible jerk! I'd love to know why he was FIRED twice.
I haven't listened to any of the stories so i have no idea to what degree his stunts were. It's really not ok if he caused someone to be injured like that, i'm not condoning that sort of behavior. We are also just speculating that he was drinking booze while on the golf cart. There is no proof of that. Idk about both jobs, but the last one he had was a lay off when two companies merged. Like i said, i don't think he perfect and he's very immature still, but i would hate to be judged as an adult for the stupid, illegal and dangerous things i did in my teens and 20's. But then again, i'm not dumping all those stories on the internet for everyone to hear either.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
I haven't listened to any of the stories so i have no idea to what degree his stunts were. It's really not ok if he caused someone to be injured like that, i'm not condoning that sort of behavior. We are also just speculating that he was drinking booze while on the golf cart. There is no proof of that. Idk about both jobs, but the last one he had was a lay off when two companies merged. Like i said, i don't think he perfect and he's very immature still, but i would hate to be judged as an adult for the stupid, illegal and dangerous things i did in my teens and 20's. But then again, i'm not dumping all those stories on the internet for everyone to hear either.
Cullen is proud of the things he did as a even though. He doesn’t want to be judged for them, he’s bragging about them like they are funny. I half expect him to tell a “boys will be boys” frat boy story at the are they are going! Not sure what image he’s trying to achieve, but it’s pretty clear he is talking about these stories as though they were some of his best times.

I know you identify with Cullen because of your husband, but we aren’t talking about judging your husband here. It’s Cullen, and I think you’d feel differently if it were Bryan telling these same stories and laughing about it. I doubt you’d argue that he shouldn’t be judged.

Listen to the podcasts at least before you are quick to defend him. It isn’t even what they are saying half the time, but how they are saying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Does your husband brag publicly about the "stunts" he pulled though? That's my problem with them. He and Britany both are laughing about breaking the law instead of saying that these things were mistakes that they wouldn't repeat if they had to do over. And Cullen still often behaves as though the rules don't apply to him. And apparently can't go out and have a good time without getting wasted. There's nothing wrong with getting a buzz on once in a while, but every time they show themselves out at games or "date night", he's wasted.
Most people I know did things when they were younger that they wouldn't want to be judged on today. But we're not doing podcasts about them and acting like we're proud of it. People grow up and get their act together. Cullen is still trapped in the mindset of his teens and early twenties. Instead of going out and getting a job, he's desperately clinging to a failing channel. To use an extreme example, John McCain said that he distinguished himself at the Naval Academy by having more demerits than anyone else. And whether or not you agree with his politics, you have to admit that he's made something of his life. And most people learn to have fun without alcohol once in a while.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Has it been explained how Brittany had so much money before she went to prison? I guess she was making $$$$ selling drugs, but she was traveling all over the world on extended vacations without any signs of a job. Then she moved to Denver and lived in an expensive part of town.

Even now, when she RARELY works, she seems to have a TON of $$$ to spend and they do travel a lot. Does Cory really make that much money as a pipe welder?

She sort of seems like a con-artist to me. They type of person who uses people and gets away with all sorts of shit and never feels bad about it. I don't even think going to prison changed her attitude.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

ewokfan11 wrote:Has it been explained how Brittany had so much money before she went to prison? I guess she was making $$$$ selling drugs, but she was traveling all over the world on extended vacations without any signs of a job. Then she moved to Denver and lived in an expensive part of town.

Even now, when she RARELY works, she seems to have a TON of $$$ to spend and they do travel a lot. Does Cory really make that much money as a pipe welder?

She sort of seems like a con-artist to me. They type of person who uses people and gets away with all sorts of shit and never feels bad about it. I don't even think going to prison changed her attitude.
Welders and other blue collar workers like electricians and plumbers can make big bucks. They're in high demand, and people pay top dollar for experienced workers. My husband is an electrician and makes almost double what some of our friends make in office jobs that require a 4+ year college degree. I wouldn't doubt Corey makes a good amount of money. I don't watch Brittany's channel so I don't see how much she spends though.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

You know what’d be worth listening to and MIGHT help their YT careers? Sharing these stories and then doing a pay it forward sort of thing. Making right of some of the wrongs — of course some things can’t be fixed, but maybe donate or volunteer somewhere that would bring awareness to some of the stupid things they’ve done, like distracted and/or drunk driving.

Although that would require maturity, humility, and growing up. All of which Cullen seems to not have done.
Houstoss
Discord name: biverbbbarton

Unread post by Houstoss »

Last night, I attempted to listen to the podcast while doing the dishes. Frankly, I found it quite dull, and I can't recall anything noteworthy from their conversation. If they aim to retain listeners or gain subscribers, they should enhance their preparation.

Without injecting some intriguing topics into their discussions, I predict this podcast will only last two months at most.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”