Unread post by ba1006 »

It's up now
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Katie refuses to own ANYTHING. She has excuse after excuse on why it’s not her fault they’re in debt. Cullen even brought up all the late night Etsy purchases and she has an excuse for that!
Well sorry Katie, everyone goes through sh!t, we don’t all turn to Etsy and blow thousands of dollars.
I had hopes that this “series” would be worth watching but I can’t stand Katie on her high horse.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

They will never change, all of these excuses as to why what they are doing is real work. They are so condescending it is driving me insane. They read here on a regular basis that is blindingly obvious. We know you get paid REAL money for yt/social media Katie. But you said it yourself it is not consistent and can vary. Bottom line you cannot count on yt money for ever. They will never change until they lose everything and maybe not even then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boymomma123 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:15 pm They will never change, all of these excuses as to why what they are doing is real work. They are so condescending it is driving me insane. They read here on a regular basis that is blindingly obvious. We know you get paid REAL money for yt/social media Katie. But you said it yourself it is not consistent and can vary. Bottom line you cannot count on yt money for ever. They will never change until they lose everything and maybe not even then.

Not even then. It will be someone else’s fault that they’ve lost everything.
Katie needs to change. Cullen needs help, for sure, but he at least seems willing to admit he screwed up and wants to fix it. Katie can’t admit to screwing up anything and has alllllll the answers. Which are clearly working SO great.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Katie needs to step way down off of her high horse because girlfriend didn't even know you had to pay taxes on income from yt. They keep saying "they don't teach you that in school". How do two grown adults not know that any income is subject to taxes. My mother makes crafts and sells her items at craft shows and claims her money made on her taxes. I don't think I can even make it through this whole video. They have an excuse for everything and own up to nothing. Their lives are a train wreck, they keep mentioning their business and being creative. Their content is a joke all Katie does is spout common sense that everyone knows on her podcast. All of her self help bs is simply stuff she stole from real authors and podcast creators.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Unread post by chloe6124 »

She sure uses pregnancy a lot as a excuse. Glad to see they are thinking about selling the car. They should be able to get enough for it when they sell it to pay it off and buy a reasonable car with cash. They get rid of that car and get the house sold that will be a huge amount of their debt. Which is why they probably feel they don’t need side jobs. They get those two debts out of the way they are probably fine. Get the car and house sold and they won’t be swimming in debt.

BTW deducting haircuts as a business expense sounds like fraud to me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

chloe6124 wrote:She sure uses pregnancy a lot as a excuse. Glad to see they are thinking about selling the car. They should be able to get enough for it when they sell it to pay it off and buy a reasonable car with cash. They get rid of that car and get the house sold that will be a huge amount of their debt. Which is why they probably feel they don’t need side jobs. They get those two debts out of the way they are probably fine. Get the car and house sold and they won’t be swimming in debt.

BTW deducting haircuts as a business expense sounds like fraud to me lol.

So does buying iPads for family members.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Since when can you write off dinners and haircuts as business expenses? She's a smart woman and didn't realize they had to pay taxes on YouTube income? I suppose they thought they could write off the mortgage payments too because they work from home. I don't own a Suburban but that sounds like a lot of money for one. What is this business they're running? Did they ever say?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

You can write off meals, portion of your home expenses, portion of your mortgage interest, the vehicle expense (portion for business vs personal use), the cost of things relating to conferences and such (clothing, hair, travel, ect) and because they’re using so much of what they buy in vlogs they can write off a portion of that as well. Not entire amounts, but a portion.
I’m an accountant in Canada and would and have wrote off most of what they talked about.
BUT writing off does not equal free. They still had to spend that money and it sounds like they didn’t have it to spend.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cullen has a lot of items listed for sale on facebook again including the ride on unicorn they got for free.

staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

ba1006 wrote:Since when can you write off dinners and haircuts as business expenses? She's a smart woman and didn't realize they had to pay taxes on YouTube income? I suppose they thought they could write off the mortgage payments too because they work from home. I don't own a Suburban but that sounds like a lot of money for one. What is this business they're running? Did they ever say?
Those would be legitimate business expenses and can be used as tax deductions. It doesn't make them free, it just makes them cheaper essentially. iPads for family members... Not so much.

The business is YouTube/social media.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I’m not sure why they thought it was a good idea to go out and spend $10000 just for the tax write off. You can’t write off the entire amount for these items. Just the depreciation. I hope they realize they have to pay taxes on the sale of those items as they unload them. I don’t know why I’m shocked that they didn’t have more than $7000 in the bank when they both decided to stay home. It seems like their budget changed based on how much money they were bringing in for the month. That makes no sense at all. Their living expenses should be same month to month. It seems like they were hellbent on not paying any taxes at all, but all of those big purchases weren’t needed. Like they said, they could write off a portion of just about everyting they buy. It doesn’t seem like they were pulling in millions of dollars so the tax burden shouldn’t have been that much. Even so, buying vlogging cameras and iPads is just a bad idea. Those items will not retain much resale value. It makes no sense to me that they didn’t lease the car. They could have taken the entire lease payment as a deduction. I hope they found new accountants.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

wishes wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:58 am Their listing is back up on Zillow with better updated pictures at $620k.

sidenote: I didn't know you could paint over wallpaper (Gaines' bathroom).... lol. Would have saved me so much time in the past had I done that!
can i be a pain and ask someone to dm the listing?
apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
wishes wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:58 am Their listing is back up on Zillow with better updated pictures at $620k.

sidenote: I didn't know you could paint over wallpaper (Gaines' bathroom).... lol. Would have saved me so much time in the past had I done that!
can i be a pain and ask someone to dm the listing?
Idk how to dm, but google Cullen and Katie house for sale.

apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

So, about the video today..... wow, what a joke!
What is their upload schedule?
I don’t see how it took them DAYS to upload that video. They didn’t make time for it, they didn’t make a plan for what they would discuss, they barely covered anything, they were all over the place and contradicting themselves, it clearly needed minimal editing, It ended abruptly when Katie realize she had kids to pick up. For two people who argue so defensively that this is a real job, they sure as heck don’t treat it like one. Guess viewers can wait a few more days (or longer) to get the story.....or another small part of it.

LittleRus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LittleRus »

I was having such a hard time following them. A few things:
1. What was the certified letter from the IRS? Did they even talk about that?

2. I am self employed and write off business expenses but wtf. That doesn’t mean I go on a shopping spree of ipads with a credit card at the end of the year.

3. I still think they are missing the point about getting “real” jobs- where is this youtube job taking them in the next 5-10 years. Unless it is sustainable, they should be exploring their options of career paths that are more stable , with benefits, etc

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

The certified letter was a new bill from the IRS that they weren’t aware of.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Katie being done with pregnancy and breastfeeding makes sense with her losing weight so quickly. She is back on stimulants for her ADHD.

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread Ladies...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”