Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen and Katie: Shifty eyes and constant lies | Part #25

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PirateWench8 wrote:
Creative74 wrote:
Boymomma123 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 am Her Instagram stories about how she has been putting her foot down and telling the kids that what is on their plates is what they are having makes me laugh. Just last week they had pizza every day because Gaines "wanted" it. She acts like she has been doing this for a year and people just continue to flock to her for advice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hey Katie- Here's a thought. Why don't you use that same theory and mentality and just cook ONE meal that the entire family sits down and eats together.
She thinks she's going the right thing by telling the kids, "Here's what's for dinner. It is what it is".... but she should be doing that with the family as a whole and only cooking one time. I can't imagine the amount of time they waste fixing 3 separate dinners- one for the kids, one for Katie, and one for Cullen. They're all eating different stuff!
I’m always telling the family that what I place on the table is what everyone is eating. I’m not a damn short order cook! You eat or you go without. It’s amazing my kids eat everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it's hilarious that she acts like that's such a revelation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Boymomma123 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 am Her Instagram stories about how she has been putting her foot down and telling the kids that what is on their plates is what they are having makes me laugh. Just last week they had pizza every day because Gaines "wanted" it. She acts like she has been doing this for a year and people just continue to flock to her for advice.

"...getting upset...."

Thanks Katie for revealing Gaines got a melt down every time you tried to let her eat something she didn't want.

In the hair cutting video today, when you think your dislike faded away and thought 'it's not all that bad and everything will be okay', there she is again with seeking attention "hello!", when not being responded by Cullen, she boldly calls "hello Cullen". Luckily they didn't put her on camera in the center of attention, but too bold to my taste calling her dad Cullen like that to demand she would be in view of the camera.
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

She definitely reads here then. Hey Katie, take it one step further and make one meal for the entire family and you all eat together at a normal time. You will be surprised at what your kids will eat when they watch you eating the same thing.
blondeusa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blondeusa »

lovingthisforum wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:46 am

"...getting upset...."

Thanks Katie for revealing Gaines got a melt down every time you tried to let her eat something she didn't want.

In the hair cutting video today, when you think your dislike faded away and thought 'it's not all that bad and everything will be okay', there she is again with seeking attention "hello!", when not being responded by Cullen, she boldly calls "hello Cullen". Luckily they didn't put her on camera in the center of attention, but too bold to my taste calling her dad Cullen like that to demand she would be in view of the camera.
I can't get over that she put two tiny pieces of chicken on Gaines' plate and they were still there in the end. They were tiny, make that girl eat them. For goodness sakes its the same thing thats inside a chicken nugget

Edited to add: Katie keeps mentioning these foods Gaines used to like and now won't eat. How about you give her a plate of ONLY those things- Say chicken, broccoli and eggs. And thats it. No strawberries. No cheese noodles. She will learn to like those foods again real quick.
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

blondeusa wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:52 pm

"...getting upset...."

I can't get over that she put two tiny pieces of chicken on Gaines' plate and they were still there in the end. They were tiny, make that girl eat them. For goodness sakes its the same thing thats inside a chicken nugget

Edited to add: Katie keeps mentioning these foods Gaines used to like and now won't eat. How about you give her a plate of ONLY those things- Say chicken, broccoli and eggs. And thats it. No strawberries. No cheese noodles. She will learn to like those foods again real quick.
And tell her she gets nothing until that is what she eats. Stop letting them snack all day. Fill them with protein, follow a schedule. Take control of the situation.
scamartist
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scamartist »

"...getting upset...."

My first post! As a nutritionI professional, I like what Katie is doing with smaller portions and allowing the children to choose how much they want of the foods that she offers. I love that the children aren’t allowed to place a mealtime “order” anymore, as if they were at a restaurant, but it’s great for them to have some input into what they eat rather than being forced. Children are inexperienced eaters and it takes trial and error for them to learn their bodies’ cues. Being able to choose what they want from what is offered at the meal and how much of each item is perfect. Sometimes my kids pick around at food too... food that they like. I do the same thing too sometimes! I am so glad no one is forcing me to eat anything that I don’t want to anymore!

It’s normal for kids to have phases of what they like and don’t like, and in the grand scheme, it’s not worth arguing about. No human has to enjoy or eat every single food to be healthy. This has been studied over and over, and keeping mealtimes enjoyable is important. There is a lot of fear based info out there to try to have parents force certain foods, but it’s unnecessary as things have a way of working out. It can take a person 20+ years to develop healthy balance too, so there will be phases that require a lot of patience and steadiness in sticking to the plan, avoiding arguing about food and feeling confident that young ones are learning how food feels and works in their bodies. It isn’t easy, but it works.

I would like to see them eat together. Participating in family meals is one of the greatest predictors of healthy adult eaters and it helps build connection and conversational skills.
mollybaby
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mollybaby »

April budget vlog...
I’m more appalled by these two and I didn’t think that would be possible. They are back to thinking they have money now that they have received mortgage “relief” and don’t have to pay school tuition for April/May.

Since they are taking advantage of relief meant to help those impacted by the virus., they are putting their mortgage payments into their personal savings account for now. They are blaming the fact that now that their kids are home, they can’t produce as much content as before and therefore, they are entitled to this assistance.

They are spending the money they will save on May tuition to pay their life insurance plans and some will go towards lawn and pet care. In her words, this is a blessing.

They’ve now hired a “yard guy” because they are just sooo busy with the kids being home, they can’t do it themselves. Other justifications: Katie gets stung by wasps, Cullen gets poison ivy, their lawnmower is broken, weed treatment costs as much as the “yard guy.”

Katie did this month’s budget without Cullen because like she keeps repeating, they are just so busy with the kids being home, she doesn’t have the brain capacity to sit down and think straight.

Monthly expenses:
$80 fun category (she admits this is for alcohol)
$1000 groceries (she purposely increased this)
$69 every 3 weeks (!!!) for mosquito treatment
$?? Yard maintenance
$30 miscellaneous (probably more alcohol)
$50 eating out
$50 car maintenance
$20 Brookes birthday
$20 Gaines birthday
$20 Christmas
$200 pet envelope (they are NOT taking proper care of their pets whatsoever)

Can’t pay their mortgage, too busy to get their work done, too busy to do their own lawn, but they sure find time to drink $80 worth of alcohol in April.

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

scamartist wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:46 am "...getting upset...."

My first post! As a nutritionI professional, I like what Katie is doing with smaller portions and allowing the children to choose how much they want of the foods that she offers. I love that the children aren’t allowed to place a mealtime “order” anymore, as if they were at a restaurant, but it’s great for them to have some input into what they eat rather than being forced. Children are inexperienced eaters and it takes trial and error for them to learn their bodies’ cues. Being able to choose what they want from what is offered at the meal and how much of each item is perfect. Sometimes my kids pick around at food too... food that they like. I do the same thing too sometimes! I am so glad no one is forcing me to eat anything that I don’t want to anymore!

It’s normal for kids to have phases of what they like and don’t like, and in the grand scheme, it’s not worth arguing about. No human has to enjoy or eat every single food to be healthy. This has been studied over and over, and keeping mealtimes enjoyable is important. There is a lot of fear based info out there to try to have parents force certain foods, but it’s unnecessary as things have a way of working out. It can take a person 20+ years to develop healthy balance too, so there will be phases that require a lot of patience and steadiness in sticking to the plan, avoiding arguing about food and feeling confident that young ones are learning how food feels and works in their bodies. It isn’t easy, but it works.

I would like to see them eat together. Participating in family meals is one of the greatest predictors of healthy adult eaters and it helps build connection and conversational skills.
Hi Katie!

scamartist
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scamartist »

Romeoxsavexme wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:09 pm
scamartist wrote:

Hi Katie!

Omg i love it. 😂 I can see why you’d say that... truly, I’m not a fan of these two, but this topic is my soapbox. I couldn’t help myself. My husband told me I’m not allowed to talk about these two with him anymore so i finally got up the nerve to post. Haha! Maybe it can help someone else!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, with the kids out of school, they are "too busy" to do yard work, and besides, Cullen gets poison ivy?
Cullen: leaves of 3, let them be. There, that's taken care of.
WHAT do they do with themselves all day? Why do so many vloggers say this exact same thing? We all have 24 hours in the day. Lots of people have their kids at home, actually home school them, keep their houses clean, do their _real_ jobs (not filming themselves and answering a few emails). And these two are "too busy". They said the same when the kids were still in full time daycare. I get that approving comments probably takes a lot of time, but I can't believe that she is as inundated with emails as she claims.
I'm a terrible housekeeper. Always have been. I hate cleaning bathrooms and mopping floors. But I still get them done. I'd be lying if I said my house looks good. But it's sanitary at least!
I just don't understand how they can look at the camera and say "We're too busy".
Bryan and Missy say the same. No wonder they're friends.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I wish I could be as delusional as these two are when it comes to money. My husband works 50+ hours a week and still finds time to mow our lawn. Last weekend we picked up sticks in our backyard as a family. The two year old was not much help but my 4 year old was. Get those kids outside and do yardwork as a family.

They are so lazy it is like inconceivable at this point. I have heard some very bad things about the mortgage deferral programs. Deferring my mortgage would be the last thing I would do. I would make other cuts before making that decision. The mortgage company will get their money one way or another.

kristieanne87
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kristieanne87 »

They are so full of excuses.
Their kids are old enough go help, and engage in a HEALTHY activity while K & C are doing lawn work.
My husband and I both work in our yard and we have 2 kids.
(My youngest is 4 months old, so if he is fussy it is near impossible for me to help like I would like, but I still stay outside for family time)
Give the kids each a bucket and have them race to see who can fill it first with sticks.
A bubble lawn mower is great entertainment.
Sometimes I'll just walk around the yard babywearing my youngest while walking with my oldest talking about leaves, sticks, and rocks that he finds, filling bird feeders, etc.....then when Dad needs a yard bag or something I'll get it for him.
Also, my oldest blows the sidewalks after we are all done.

It's not how we used to do the yard work (edge and trim bushes a lot less often now) but we are still fully capable of doing our own lawn WITH 2 kids in tow.

I can't stand when parents are filled with excuses because of their kids, act like Adults and readjust your life.
It slows things down, it changes things...but it is possible to involve your kids in these things, and most important it TEACHES your kids!
Boymomma123 wrote:I wish I could be as delusional as these two are when it comes to money. My husband works 50+ hours a week and still finds time to mow our lawn. Last weekend we picked up sticks in our backyard as a family. The two year old was not much help but my 4 year old was. Get those kids outside and do yardwork as a family.

They are so lazy it is like inconceivable at this point. I have heard some very bad things about the mortgage deferral programs. Deferring my mortgage would be the last thing I would do. I would make other cuts before making that decision. The mortgage company will get their money one way or another.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

We purchased life insurance when we became parents and it was not expensive, so I'm curious how they are saying that they are redirexting the $1,300 or so they were spending on private kindergarten and daycare towards their life insurance premiums. Correct me if that figure is way off from what they shared in the past. We pay about $223 a YEAR for life insurance on both of us. That does not add up.

Frankly I'm surprised they aren't expected to continue school tuition payments. How is the school supposed to pay their staff and cover their expenses? The teachers are still sending activities and getting on Zoom with the kids! I wouldn't be surprised if the school asked for continued tuition from parents and Katie and Colin either balked at that or pretended that they were financially impacted by the pandemic.

A LAWN GUY. For two people who are up to their eyeballs in debt and can't pay their mortgage. At lest the lawn guy gets some work. He's probably a better steward of that money than Katie and Cullen, so I'll support it. But seriously, I see so many people in my neighborhood (where houses are generally more expensive than Katie and Cullen's) doing yardwork right now.

And $1,000 in groceries for the month of April sounds steep when the government is asking people not to go to the store unless absolutely necessary. And they filmed all of those massive grocery hauls not too long ago that were supposed to last?

Yes got to love the irony of no time to work but plenty of time to consume $80 worth of alcohol.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread Coming Tomorrow morning

Go and suggest some titles for the new thread.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I don't see how anyone can actually support them and take them seriously with this whole debt journey. They will never get out of debt because they are so unwilling to make changes. I think they have convinced themselves or at least Katie has convinced Cullen that their spending habits got them into this mess. When in reality they are still over spending and paying for yard guys and housekeepers got them into debt in the past.

Mickey123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mickey123 »

To be honest I don't think they are in any kind of financial crisis. I think they are making plenty off their Youtube channel and possibly bailed out by their family members. In the beginning, they might have been, but they look way too relaxed lately. She's throwing around money like it's no big deal now. Nobody in a million years that is facing the kind of crisis they were would spend the way they do. So somehow things are looking up for them and they are just using this for views. Now I might be wrong and she's seriously out of touch with reality. We will know in a few months if the house is foreclosed and they have nothing, but I don't see that.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

I homeschool my 3 kids. 2, 4 and 6 while running a full time photography business. My husband works 60+ weeks in the Air Force and is often gone. Guess what? We get ALL the house work done and all the yard work done ourselves. I cook 3 meals a day and my kids eat HEALTHY home cooked meals. We ALL sit down at the table and eat together. They eat what I make or they don’t eat at all. It’s that simple. I don’t freaking understand these goons.

ALL FULL OF EXCUSES.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Mickey123 wrote:To be honest I don't think they are in any kind of financial crisis. I think they are making plenty off their Youtube channel and possibly bailed out by their family members. In the beginning, they might have been, but they look way too relaxed lately. She's throwing around money like it's no big deal now. Nobody in a million years that is facing the kind of crisis they were would spend the way they do. So somehow things are looking up for them and they are just using this for views. Now I might be wrong and she's seriously out of touch with reality. We will know in a few months if the house is foreclosed and they have nothing, but I don't see that.
Liked this accidentally. I believe that they are in as bad debt as they say. But I think Katie believes deep down that her parents will bail them out if it comes to them losing the home. And she is so spoiled and entitled that she actually believes the rationalizations she comes up with.
I also believe that they are using every method that creditors are offering for help in the pandemic to avoid paying their bills. Which really bugs me, because those deals were drawn up with people in mind who generally pay their bills but can't because they are laid off or not working as many hours, or for some other reason CAN'T, because of Covid-19, not because they just don't want to pay for now, and want to spend money on booze and ice cream instead.

Mickey123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mickey123 »

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:47 am
Mickey123 wrote:To be honest I don't think they are in any kind of financial crisis. I think they are making plenty off their Youtube channel and possibly bailed out by their family members. In the beginning, they might have been, but they look way too relaxed lately. She's throwing around money like it's no big deal now. Nobody in a million years that is facing the kind of crisis they were would spend the way they do. So somehow things are looking up for them and they are just using this for views. Now I might be wrong and she's seriously out of touch with reality. We will know in a few months if the house is foreclosed and they have nothing, but I don't see that.
Liked this accidentally. I believe that they are in as bad debt as they say. But I think Katie believes deep down that her parents will bail them out if it comes to them losing the home. And she is so spoiled and entitled that she actually believes the rationalizations she comes up with.
I also believe that they are using every method that creditors are offering for help in the pandemic to avoid paying their bills. Which really bugs me, because those deals were drawn up with people in mind who generally pay their bills but can't because they are laid off or not working as many hours, or for some other reason CAN'T, because of Covid-19, not because they just don't want to pay for now, and want to spend money on booze and ice cream instead.

It's really sad for the children who will eventually be affected by all this no matter the outcome. I couldn't believe they'd were spending that kind of money on junk food groceries and booze. If they are using covid-19 methods they are in for a rude awaking when the creditors come looking for their money when this all ends. I totally agree with you if they are using this pandemic that's a problem.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

They are using the mortgage money like its a free spending spree. She claims the mortgage company puts the three payments missed on the end of the loan. She has said a few times that they have to pay a few people that they owe money to. I have a feeling Katies parents already bailed them out of foreclosure. Maybe got them up to date on mortgage payments and thats why the distance between katie and her family last summer regarding no vacation at the parents Florida home. Cullen claims the lawn mower is broke, and having a lawn man come cut the lawn, weed and cut bushes would be the same price as replacing the lawnmower. How about looking on the marketplace, I'm sure he could find one cheap. They are looking for excuses to take the easy way in life. And $1,000 for food, plus she says they have an extra $150 for milk and extras they might run out of. Katie also said they are not keeping money in the house because of the covid-19 situation, people may do things. They are keeping everything in the bank and paying with their debit card. She said they will keep a card with their spending in the envelopes , but they have to keep track because this is what got them in trouble. If she so great at finances, why is this a problem? They will never change their ways. Also, get rid of the fish tank, $200 a month for a salt water tank is ridiculous especially when you are in $80,000 in debt.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”