Cullen and Katie: Boozing and bamboozling | Part #26

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Boozing and bamboozling | Part #26

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

And not only pajamas but Gaines had a new swimsuit as well which looked expensive. A new swimsuit is the last thing she needs. But everything for outer appearance and fairy tail for Katie.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

lovingthisforum wrote:And not only pajamas but Gaines had a new swimsuit as well which looked expensive. A new swimsuit is the last thing she needs. But everything for outer appearance and fairy tail for Katie.
She has had a different swimsuit on basically every time they show her on Instagram all summer. My kids have a few swim trunks so I understand having an extra one but Katie seems to think they need 10 each. I guess it goes hand in hand with her inability to keep up with laundry. I guess if you can't manage to run a load of laundry every other day you have to have 3x they amount of clothes as everyone else.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Katie justifying everything she buys is precisely what addicts do!
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

It seems like they haven't hit "rock bottom" with their debt problems. I think they are spending their mortgage money on clothes, eating out and treats (and more). What's going to happen when the house doesn't sell and they are 5-6-7 mortgage payments behind and have no savings?

They are just so foolish. I really hope her parent's aren't planning to bail them out...again. They were handed so many lucky breaks in life
(paid tuition, free rent, lots of perks, etc.) and they screwed up.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:03 am
Boymomma123 wrote:Now Katie is sharing on her stories about some $150 vacuum she just bought!

Obviously, if you NEED a vacuum buy a vacuum but if I remember correctly that home has a built in central vac system or whatever you call it?

This woman can't ever quit spending money it is insane!

It isn’t wasteful if you really NEED it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps some self-reflection about their previous spending habits and debt vlogs prompted Katie to explain on IG why she purchased this vacuum at forty dollars? Was this purchase necessary, who knows. But they are in debt so any purchase that is nonessential should be questioned and they just don't understand needs vs. wants. I have a Oreck with this type of vacuum head and it isn't my favorite.
Are they moving into the beach house?
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:56 pm
lovingthisforum wrote:And not only pajamas but Gaines had a new swimsuit as well which looked expensive. A new swimsuit is the last thing she needs. But everything for outer appearance and fairy tail for Katie.
She has had a different swimsuit on basically every time they show her on Instagram all summer. My kids have a few swim trunks so I understand having an extra one but Katie seems to think they need 10 each. I guess it goes hand in hand with her inability to keep up with laundry. I guess if you can't manage to run a load of laundry every other day you have to have 3x they amount of clothes as everyone else.

This is probably her biggest shopping problem is how she buys in quanities. She looks at the item that she perceives are at a lower cost and/or on sale and justifies the multiple purchases of the same type of clothing or shoes or other items. I don't think it has to do with laundry, but a possible compulsive bargin/shopping issue. I imagine her closest are getting filled up again after she spent time earlier decluttering them. I think for a while she was using her grocery store purchases as meeting her needs for shopping, but that doesn't seem to be enough anymore. I feel they could be heading for some tougher times if the house doesn't sell soon and/or her parents don't help them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

K&C’s mess and their actions just go to show for me that “rock bottom” can be different for everyone. I would have gone into crisis mode as soon as I couldn’t pay all my bills in a month and had things going to creditors. For Katie its pretty apparent that she’s comfortable with her denial, and deep into multiple addictions (alcohol, shopping, etc). Rock bottom for Katie likely means being stripped of everything she has that helps play into her illusion. Doc and Dolly will never let them fall that far. They should though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

The vacuum was only $40 and she was buying to replace the old vacuum at the beach house that she said wasn’t working well anymore. I feel like replacing things as needed while they are staying there free of charge is the right thing to do. This is always our been our “policy” for our family lake house. If things run out or you find something that is needing replaced you just do it yourself.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Spend it all!! Rack that debt up! You can't have a higher bankruptcy number than your friends if you don't par-tay like it's 1999.. but only, it's the year 2020 (- 21 years later) with your family of 4.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Aussiegal2017
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aussiegal2017 »

How can they afford to live on one youtube video a week !!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

Aussiegal2017 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:42 pm How can they afford to live on one youtube video a week !!!

I think they are living off the mortgage payments they aren't paying...and haven't for 5+ months. I think the payments were about $3600, so they could likely live off of that a month. It's going to bite them in the ass when they have to pay all the money back.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

I think Doc and Dolly gave them a credit card to use while they are at the beach mansion.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Catface2 wrote:I think Doc and Dolly gave them a credit card to use while they are at the beach mansion.
If her parents did then shame on them. After my husband’s brother’s widow went through all of her late husband’s money she came to us for a handout. My husband was ready to give her the money and I said no way. I will take her shopping for stuff for the baby, but we will not give her money to spend on what she wants. Please note she had 4 DUI’s before she had to serve time. My hard earn money was not going to support that. She turned down our offer and said we were horrible people to anyone who would listen to her. We were never allowed to see our nephew again.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

rosie_dalia wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:01 pm
Aussiegal2017 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:42 pm How can they afford to live on one youtube video a week !!!

I think they are living off the mortgage payments they aren't paying...and haven't for 5+ months. I think the payments were about $3600, so they could likely live off of that a month. It's going to bite them in the ass when they have to pay all the money back.
Exactly what struggles is Katie talking about. They are staying in a beautiful area of Florida at a free beach house eating shrimp and lobster.
They continue to eat out and spend their days lounging at the pool and beach with an extremely flexible work schedule.
They are like watching a car crash. They've likely had an open house while away and if the house doesn't sell soon--->price reduction that will not help their situation with deferring mortgage loan payments.
Does she not understand why her parents or Cullen's mom live the way they do....her dad I believe is still working as as a physician and her mom is a retired principal. They have more control than she wants us to believe, but it would require significant changes in their lives and hard work.

Katie's IG

We would pack up and move tomorrow if we could. It’s hard not to have control of that decision for our own future due to the struggles we’ve had with selling our house. But we’re trusting that there’s a bigger plan in the overall process!

So, we’re learning from each struggle and having gratitude for each blessing along the way.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I hate when she goes on about how stressful their life is. I imagine it is, but SO much of it is self induced!
Why is it so hard for them to even make a believable attempt to live within their means, or try to increase their income?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

lmmomSD wrote:I hate when she goes on about how stressful their life is. I imagine it is, but SO much of it is self induced!
Why is it so hard for them to even make a believable attempt to live within their means, or try to increase their income?

This is exactly my whole perspective with all of their "stress". Obviously, almost everyone has stress in their lives regardless of their income or other circumstances. These two claim stress about situations they could resolve by making better choices.

Their whole thought process revolves around justifying wants as needs.

They could have a whole kitchen filled with food and spend their last $50 on chick fil a instead of paying a bill and Katie would justify it. That is the root of all of their "stress" they bring it on themselves.

They use excuses for every single thing and it drives me nuts because their are people who lost their jobs and are unable to find another and they have the audacity to sit in paradise ( for free) and complain.

They are sitting at the beach and can't even manage to film for 10 minutes and post a vlog. I don't understand how you get that lazy. I know people actually struggling because of the pandemic and they are hustling 3 and 4 side jobs to pay their bills. Poor Gaines and Brooks have terrible role models in both of their lazy parents.

They could be doing door dash, instacart or even uber. I am so over all of these worthless family vloggers.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I have said Cullen could do Uber and Lyft from the beginning. They have that Suburban and it's good for extra $$ and airport runs. But then Katie would be alone with the kids (horrors!) And it would interfere with their drinking.
They're so selfish, I just can't deal with it.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"House Hunting in Florida". What a joke. I wonder if the realtor taking them to look has a clue that there is no way they will qualify. I think it's really rude to waste their time like that. The realtor is putting effort and time into looking up houses and making arrangements and taking them around, and once again they are being selfish.

Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

"House Hunting in Florida"... Seriously? They drove around looking at freaking mansions and they acted like they were all hopped up on drugs talking about these houses! Do they really think they can afford to move there? They are crazy.
Katie gets another "meal in a box" thing, now claiming that she's going to go Keto. <eye roll> Do these lazy people REALLY need a boxed dinner service? They have more than enough time on their hands to go grocery shopping and cook for the entire family.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So they didn't even go in? Just drove around looking at places they can't afford?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”