Cullen and Katie's Southern Cooking

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen and Katie's Southern Cooking

Unread post by Toodles123 »

As requested here it is. Discuss anything food related here.

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie's Southern Cooking

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

"Katie's southern cooking" lol she will be the next youtuber to come out with a cook book that no one asked for. Filled with cream cheese and mini corn dogs with a side of almonds!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PinkTuTu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PinkTuTu »

I will be forever haunted by her cheeseburger soup with almonds floating in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goodgirl
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Goodgirl »

I try to imagine what it would be like to constantly crunch into almonds while eating anything. They’re not even chopped up. It’s so strange and makes everything look disgusting. Though everything she cooks already looks disgusting before the almonds anyway.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Goodgirl wrote:I try to imagine what it would be like to constantly crunch into almonds while eating anything. They’re not even chopped up. It’s so strange and makes everything look disgusting. Though everything she cooks already looks disgusting before the almonds anyway.

I totally understand adding them to a salad but putting them on a damn taco salad is just taking it too far. Eat the almonds on the side for crying out loud.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Katie is narrow-minded and a big kid who as an adult still doesn't like olives, they both don't like tomatoes and I suspect there are other things Katie doesn't like. Maybe _she_ is the picky eater. Narrowing down to only almonds is dumb. Cashews, walnuts, macadamia, even peanuts are all really healthy. Combining them is even healthier. It would be better to buy a nut mix with raisins as raisins contain healthy molecules not much found in other foods. And why narrowing it down to only nuts? Katie is nuts if she believes she eats healthy because of it. Eating a handful of blueberries every day comes closer. And nobody is claiming with 1 food you eat healthy. Just eat vegetables Katie, and where is the salmon or other fatty fish if you're so concerned about healthy fatty acids? I bet she is picky. But I wish she would feed her boy some decent food. He is not Gaines. I can't believe what a narcissistic mother she is to him.

Katie knows NOTHING about cooking. No cook in the world shreds chicken!??? I can't even.

Cullen is a much better cook than Katie in my opinion. I believe he has a feeling for it and he is able to improvise and almost put a chef-like dish on the table. He should cook for Brooks too. It's really sad they don't eat together.

If there is a cooking thread, then we should have had a favoritism thread long ago.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Just because they don't like tomatoes doesn't mean they need to push their own food preferences onto their kids. I can't stand when parents do that to their kids. There are plenty of foods that I personally don't prefer but I still offer them to my kids. Lazy, lazy, lazy is all they are.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lovingthisforum wrote:Katie is narrow-minded and a big kid who as an adult still doesn't like olives, they both don't like tomatoes and I suspect there are other things Katie doesn't like. Maybe _she_ is the picky eater. Narrowing down to only almonds is dumb. Cashews, walnuts, macadamia, even peanuts are all really healthy. Combining them is even healthier. It would be better to buy a nut mix with raisins as raisins contain healthy molecules not much found in other foods. And why narrowing it down to only nuts? Katie is nuts if she believes she eats healthy because of it. Eating a handful of blueberries every day comes closer. And nobody is claiming with 1 food you eat healthy. Just eat vegetables Katie, and where is the salmon or other fatty fish if you're so concerned about healthy fatty acids? I bet she is picky. But I wish she would feed her boy some decent food. He is not Gaines. I can't believe what a narcissistic mother she is to him.

Katie knows NOTHING about cooking. No cook in the world shreds chicken!??? I can't even.

Cullen is a much better cook than Katie in my opinion. I believe he has a feeling for it and he is able to improvise and almost put a chef-like dish on the table. He should cook for Brooks too. It's really sad they don't eat together.

If there is a cooking thread, then we should have had a favoritism thread long ago.
In the south we pull everything. I make burrito bowls in the instant pot and pull the chicken apart and I pull it apart for bbq. I also broil chicken, grill chicken, fry chicken and poach chicken. I guess I am the Forrest Gump of chicken. Katie just makes any recipe she can add cream cheese to. She also makes that nasty looking cheeseburger soup. I am sure she is a picky eater and a comfort eater. I was always told I was a picky eater until I realized my mom was a bad cook. Boiled the hell out of every vegetable known to mankind. I think Katie is a lousy cook and is not willing to try.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

You pull it apart, you mean shredding it for bbq too? We boil chicken too, if that is what you meant with broiling? With bbq I would want to have a piece of chicken, it doesn't matter if the pieces are small, with bbq sauce, but shredding?
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lovingthisforum wrote:You pull it apart, you mean shredding it for bbq too? We boil chicken too, if that is what you meant with broiling? With bbq I would want to have a piece of chicken, it doesn't matter if the pieces are small, with bbq sauce, but shredding?
Shred it for bbq sandwiches. I also bbq breast and legs on the outside grill.

Let’s just say Katie is just as bad at cooking her books as she is cooking dinner.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ducklings4 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 am
lovingthisforum wrote:You pull it apart, you mean shredding it for bbq too? We boil chicken too, if that is what you meant with broiling? With bbq I would want to have a piece of chicken, it doesn't matter if the pieces are small, with bbq sauce, but shredding?
Shred it for bbq sandwiches. I also bbq breast and legs on the outside grill.

Let’s just say Katie is just as bad at cooking her books as she is cooking dinner.
Mmmm, yummie!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I really just don't understand her logic when it comes to nutrition and cooking. She claims to have read a book that changed her entire relationship with food and taught her about proper nutrition. Yet nothing she does actually supports that claim. I think that buying all that frozen food and processed treats and crackers is more stressful than simply buying some meat, cheese and produce. She would benefit so much from just simplifying their groceries and what they cook. She was commenting regularly on the instagram of the child nutritionist that she mentions has helped her so much until the account starting talking about the benefit of eating together as a family and eating the same dinner. She said that is the best way to combat picky eating. Which is exactly what everyone here and I am sure on Instagram have told Katie. To me making 4 different meals is so much more stressful. I feel bad for those kids.

Also, Gaines said something in a vlog this week that struck me as odd. She asked Katie what French fries were made from and Katie said potatoes. Then Gaines said, oh that's how you get me to eat potatoes. I thought that was an odd thing for a child to say and makes me think they talk about the kids nutrition issues in front of them which seems counterproductive and could cause disordered eating.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Broiling is a method of oven cooking. It's very different from boiling! There's a setting on the oven for it. You use a special pan with two layers: one to put the food on with slits in it to drain fat, and a pan it sits in to catch the fat. The temperature is very high, and you put the rack close to the heat source. It takes about 10 minutes per side to broil a chicken breast.
Broiling was used a lot more before grilling got so easy and common. And it's a good way to cook meats and get rid of the fat, like grilling does.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GossipMomma
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GossipMomma »

Shredded chicken is really popular, at least in the U.S. I shred chicken for creamed chicken or BBQ sandwiches. I shred it for casseroles and soups.. lots of recipes call for it, too, so I don't fault Katie for that. I do think she's OTT with her cream cheese. I hate to tell her but those almonds don't cancel out all the fat and sugar she puts in her food!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I agree, I cook about 10 chicken breasts every week and shred it to use for a variety of different meals throughout the week or to freeze. It is super versatile and can be made into pretty much anything. I side eye her version of shredded chicken though. Her insistence that she can make anything out of cream cheese is super gross to me. I like cream cheese and do cook with it from time to time but that "crack chicken" slop she makes just looks nasty and I get why the kids don't try it. She needs to go back to the basics and prepare simple yet healthy meals. Cooking doesn't have to be complex to be healthy and taste good. My kids love simple steamed broccoli with a little salt and pepper. Baked chicken, spaghetti and meatballs, grilled chicken burrito bowls. I cook three meals a day plus snacks and I can almost guarantee I am in the kitchen way less than Katie is. Preparing 4 different meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner sis crazy. Obviously my kids still ask for snacks and have their different preferences but overall feeding my kids real food is way easier than trying to regulate how many bags of fruit snacks and cheez it's they eat. It's cheaper in the long run as well. I used to buy all the different kid snack foods from Sam's club and could easily spend $400 a month. Now that we meal plan and cut out snacks we save a ton of money and always have fresh fruits and veggies. If we want a special treat we just go get an icecream cone from McDonald's. They all must have terrible digestive issues.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”