Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

DarthMama
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by DarthMama »

Boymomma123 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:37 am Cullen was putting together another piece of new furniture according to his Instagram.

What is wrong with all of the crap they hauled with them? Make do with what you have.

They have clearly given up on getting out of debt by saving and cutting back and are probably waiting for some bigger brand deals to help pay it off.

Soon they will lose their boost they got from the debt series and go back to barely 10k views a video. YouTube is clearly not sustainable for them because they lack the discipline to be consistent and create quality content.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
You are being generous by calling them vlogs. It's just two stupid ass adults, that can't adult, talking to a camera 99% of the time now. No real substance and just a lot of "OH we did this" but not showing what they did. They aren't even pretending to half ass this anymore.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I caught up with their vlogs and it appears they've moved without any family help (siblings, parents, friends). I'd be surprised if they came out of this home without needing to contribute a sum of money at closing due to having a second mortgage.
Looking overall, they've lost all the equity they put into this house that includes the downpayment from the proceeds made on their first house and home improvements. They've lost a lot when you recognize they were homeowners most of their marriage and now renters due to bad financial choices with this last home purchase and their overspending.
I've watched their parent's reactions for a while (IG responses) and they've been supportive messages with a few exceptions from Katie's mom when she blamed her for her faults. As a parent of older children, I'd couldn't write all these happy messages posted mainly by Katie's mom. Not that I blame these parents for the predicament they are in today, but I can't help but wonder if this is some form of support for an occupation that has shown problems providing a steady income and exposed family issues for the world to see including my family and friends.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

There is no way they made a penny on that house. They weren't making mortgage payments "because of Covid-19" even though the virus had nothing to do with their ability to earn. As a matter of fact, they could have made more. With the Suburban, they could have done Uber, Uber Eats, Postmates and Instacart. Could have made extra money doing Lyft XL and Uber SUV.
Anyway, they weren't making payments for months, and they sold the house for much less than they bought it for. They bought for $640K and sold for $579K. I have no idea how they got out from under it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:13 am There is no way they made a penny on that house. They weren't making mortgage payments "because of Covid-19" even though the virus had nothing to do with their ability to earn. As a matter of fact, they could have made more. With the Suburban, they could have done Uber, Uber Eats, Postmates and Instacart. Could have made extra money doing Lyft XL and Uber SUV.
Anyway, they weren't making payments for months, and they sold the house for much less than they bought it for. They bought for $640K and sold for $579K. I have no idea how they got out from under it.

I am thinking Cullen's mom helped them out. She might have some extra money from selling her house and moving in with her husband.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

SomeoneActually wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:13 am There is no way they made a penny on that house. They weren't making mortgage payments "because of Covid-19" even though the virus had nothing to do with their ability to earn. As a matter of fact, they could have made more. With the Suburban, they could have done Uber, Uber Eats, Postmates and Instacart. Could have made extra money doing Lyft XL and Uber SUV.

I am thinking Cullen's mom helped them out. She might have some extra money from selling her house and moving in with her husband.
If she did, shame on her. If she has money to spare she should put it into college funds for all of her grandchildren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bcuzimnosey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bcuzimnosey »

Katie mentioned they are waiting on brand approval for their new house tour. I’m guessing it is Walmart and they likely got their new furniture for free too.
meganshay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by meganshay »

What is really sad is they:
a) clearly have time to do a real "side hustle" like DoorDash with both parents basically not working. Grocery stores are hiring too, same with UPS and Amazon.
b) already have so many things that were in great condition that aren't essential. They could have taken time to sell on ebay/FB marketplace to make money AND they don't actually need what they're buying (restaurants as well as specialty, PERSONALIZED clothing that can'tbe resold).

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ICantEven »

bcuzimnosey wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:56 pm Katie mentioned they are waiting on brand approval for their new house tour. I’m guessing it is Walmart and they likely got their new furniture for free too.
I hope they have a brand deal with Walmart. But they wouldn't need furniture for an empty house tour. If they were smart, there would be at least an empty tour, then another video on furnishing, etc.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

To the barstool discussion, it'll be interesting to see what she buys, and I'm sure she'll link it so we can see exactly how much she paid. And it will be a lot, and we will all get another chance to shake our heads at her. She really is dense.

And Katie, if you're reading - I found some barstools at Target that I think fit your criteria - swivel, back rest, etc. They are very cheap at ~$40. I might get some myself, even though I should probably invest in something better quality. I just hate spending money even when I have plenty of savings (can you imagine!). I also have space for 6 barstools, but I'm just going to get 2 😉
bcuzimnosey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bcuzimnosey »

ICantEven wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 pm
I hope they have a brand deal with Walmart. But they wouldn't need furniture for an empty house tour. If they were smart, there would be at least an empty tour, then another video on furnishing, etc.
I can see them showing the empty house tour and wrapping it up with something along the lines with “we are going to furnish it with this and this with the help of Walmart!” and then they will lead right into the sponsored portion of the vlog and likely more to follow.

Just my thoughts on it.
penny17
Talker
Talker

Unread post by penny17 »

bcuzimnosey wrote:
ICantEven wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 pm
I can see them showing the empty house tour and wrapping it up with something along the lines with “we are going to furnish it with this and this with the help of Walmart!” and then they will lead right into the sponsored portion of the vlog and likely more to follow.

Just my thoughts on it.
Im pretty sure they said specifically they had just started moving stuff in or were tired and they didnt film empty home tour and said they planned to do a furnished only.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Ducklings4 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:19 pm
SomeoneActually wrote:

If she did, shame on her. If she has money to spare she should put it into college funds for all of her grandchildren.

I've questioned this also how they got out of this house clean and perhaps they did a short sale? Why not if the bank went for it since their credit rating most likely was already in the dumps because of personal spending and business practices including not paying taxes.
I hope Grandberry didn't give them money. It appears it has always been Katie's parents who have helped them out financially. However, I think they've burned a few bridges over time with her parents.
Keeping the Suburban when they are in a lot of debt was symbolic of how they don't know how to manage money. Cullen and Katie's wants and needs were never defined by their debt journey, so I'd be surprised if anyone would think their advice was worth following.
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

SomeoneActually wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:59 am

I highly doubt she helped them. She doesn't strike me as the kind of mother to bail out her adult children when they have made stupid decisions and won't take the steps needed to get out of them.
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

SomeoneActually wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:59 am

I highly doubt she helped them. She doesn't strike me as the kind of mother to bail out her adult children when they have made stupid decisions and won't take the steps needed to get out of them.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Y'all, it's been 10 days since they've posted a new YT video. How are they even getting brand deals with such lack of content???
klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

Creative74 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:50 pm Y'all, it's been 10 days since they've posted a new YT video. How are they even getting brand deals with such lack of content???
I was JUST coming here to say this. They have to be punking us. These people are not creators. They are a total JOKE.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

According to them, they still owed $550,000 on their mortgages as of January 2020. I'm not sure how mortgage forbearance works, but assume they made no payments and didn't rack up any additional fees. The house sold for $579,900. I don't think it was a short sale because that would mean that they owed more on the mortgage than they could sell it for. Assume a 5% realtor commission (6% is standard, 3% for each agent, but they could have offered only 2% for the buying agent, or their listing agent could have agreed to drop their rate to get it sold) and that's $579,900 minus outstanding mortgage of $550,000 minus realtor fee of $28,995 equals $905 profit. Obviously that's bad when you think about how much money they sunk into this house, but it's possible they managed to get out without bringing money to closing.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:According to them, they still owed $550,000 on their mortgages as of January 2020. I'm not sure how mortgage forbearance works, but assume they made no payments and didn't rack up any additional fees. The house sold for $579,900. I don't think it was a short sale because that would mean that they owed more on the mortgage than they could sell it for. Assume a 5% realtor commission (6% is standard, 3% for each agent, but they could have offered only 2% for the buying agent, or their listing agent could have agreed to drop their rate to get it sold) and that's $579,900 minus outstanding mortgage of $550,000 minus realtor fee of $28,995 equals $905 profit. Obviously that's bad when you think about how much money they sunk into this house, but it's possible they managed to get out without bringing money to closing.
I think they definitely just squeaked by without owing anything. They had said before when it almost sold the second time that if they could have made the offer work they would have.

I think they were just so ready to get rid of it that they were excited to actually have an offer they could accept.

I think they are spending more now because they have gotten more control of their finances than a year or two ago. They used to spend $3k on groceries then also spend thousands on eating out in one month. Constant trips to target plus who knows what else. They technically have cut back drastically on all of that. So to them they feel justified splurging I guess.

I hope the new furniture ends up being a brand deal but I kind of doubt it.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

They are so annoying and condescending when it comes to the size of the kids closets. I get that their previous home was gigantic but they act like their first house was huge. The closets in this new house are still pretty large. The kids rooms are pretty small so I doubt their queen size beds and large dressers will fit. So there is more $$$ they will have to spend.

The large black sectional they have is way too big for that small living room. I don't believe for a second that Katie actually "loves" living in that small of a home. She just loves how new it is and getting to buy all new stuff. I doubt they will wait to pay off debt before they buy again. I give them 6 months and they will be trying to buy again.

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

New house tour is up. House is MUCH smaller than their old house. Comparable to homes here in Ireland which are considerably smaller than american homes. What struck me most about the vlog is the look of "what have we done" in Katie's face throughout the entire video. The novelty and excitement of it all has clearly worn off and I think regret is setting in.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”