Bamachick1101 (Cullen and Katie) Part 1

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bamachick1101 (Cullen and Katie) Part 1

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

minmouse wrote:Yeah, they would definitely be charged with something, endangerment maybe? Cullen is an idiot but it's Katie who disappoints me. She is not a dumb woman (hello she has a PhD!). I just cannot understand how she can allow this. I think she may be book smart but not common sense smart.
They're both very condescending when people offer advice or point out when they're being stupid. Just the other day Katie was being snarky about the comments saying Gaines was teething. She feels like she knows everything. What they don't seem to appreciate is that most people in the comments are only expressing genuine concern. Their attitudes toward their viewers suck. I'm sure in tomorrow's vlog there will be a lecture about how they know what they're doing and Cullen would never let the baby get hurt.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

I hate it every time he does the cheerleading move. That is so dangerous. If she leaned forward...he may not be able to catch her. I do feel like he treats her as a toy.

I also am thinking that she would stop crying in the car if they stop bringing so much attention to it. Katie sits back there and it proves to Gaines that she can cry and have her mom sit there. I never sat in the back with my kids. Only when they came home from the hospital or if they were sick and we were on the way to the doctor. Etc

They need to understand that it is ok for them to cry. They learn to not cry for attention.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Back to the cheerleading stunt, I don't for a minute worry about Cullen or Katie being charged with a crime or having to explain the accident at the ER. I worried that she could take a tumble and suffer a spinal cord injury leaving her altered for life. Would any parent let there baby climb up that high and "balance"? Hell no! They'd tell them to get down before they break their neck! Do you suppose Katie and Cullen's parents watch their vlogs daily? Are they ever corrected or do they feel they can do no wrong?
sarah

Unread post by sarah »

Lovethesnark wrote:
minmouse wrote:Yeah, they would definitely be charged with something, endangerment maybe? Cullen is an idiot but it's Katie who disappoints me. She is not a dumb woman (hello she has a PhD!). I just cannot understand how she can allow this. I think she may be book smart but not common sense smart.
They're both very condescending when people offer advice or point out when they're being stupid. Just the other day Katie was being snarky about the comments saying Gaines was teething. She feels like she knows everything. What they don't seem to appreciate is that most people in the comments are only expressing genuine concern. Their attitudes toward their viewers suck. I'm sure in tomorrow's vlog there will be a lecture about how they know what they're doing and Cullen would never let the baby get hurt.
Omg, yes, I think in that same video Katie said how "being cold doesn't make you get sick" and that Gaines will probably not wear socks all winter, or something to that effect. She's argued that cold/sick thing with viewers for a year in vlogs & comments.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

I think that's super dangerous and I hate it when Jared does it to Jackson too.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think that's super dangerous and I hate it when Jared does it to Jackson too.

Edited to say I watched the vlog and while it was stupid, it wasn't as bad as I imagined after reading on here. At least the pillows were wrapped and he didn't hold her crazy high during the cheerleading thing. She was even facing him so he could catch her easier. I think what Jared does is more dangerous. Cullen is not very mature and he certainly could make a lot of better choices (this was DEFINITELY one of those times) but he was being relatively safe with MG.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I respectfully disagree with you. It was very dangerous and an accident can happen in a split second. Yes, he may catch her. But what if he doesn't?? A serious injury can happen from a short height and he had her above waist level. They were also in a store with hard floors, wood tables and glass candle holders. I can imagine her with a very serious injury (Head injury, spinal cord, broken bones) if she fell. C&K would feel horrible if anything happened to her. They obviously love her to pieces but are making very poor choices. She is not a toy.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

She's right, the cold doesn't make you sick but still... why let your baby have cold feet? That was an issue when I was a nanny, until the little girl started to complain and I had to explain to her mom no sandals in the winter! Poor Gaines, she's too young to tell them her feet are cold.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

I remember my grandmother would always say babies shouldn't have cold hands or feet. I always remembered this and made sure my kids hands and feet were always warm.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

I agree it isn't safe and he shouldn't have done it. I didn't say it well, but I meant that when I read here first before watching, what I imagined (based on what people said and what I've seen Cullen do in past vlogs) was much worse than what appeared in today's vlog. Doesn't mean it was safe by any means! I also totally thought the same thing about doing it around all those glass items how bad it would be if he lost his balance or dropped her.
sarah

Unread post by sarah »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:She's right, the cold doesn't make you sick but still... why let your baby have cold feet? That was an issue when I was a nanny, until the little girl started to complain and I had to explain to her mom no sandals in the winter! Poor Gaines, she's too young to tell them her feet are cold.
Yes, it doesn't make people sick, so Katie has a point, but why continue mocking viewers? She's still stuck on that and Gaine's bare feet along with how (loosely quoted) "everyone has been telling us forever that she's been teething, but she was not" or something like that.
gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

sarah wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:She's right, the cold doesn't make you sick but still... why let your baby have cold feet? That was an issue when I was a nanny, until the little girl started to complain and I had to explain to her mom no sandals in the winter! Poor Gaines, she's too young to tell them her feet are cold.
Yes, it doesn't make people sick, so Katie has a point, but why continue mocking viewers? She's still stuck on that and Gaine's bare feet along with how (loosely quoted) "everyone has been telling us forever that she's been teething, but she was not" or something like that.
It pisses me off that they mock viewers. Most are probably commenting to have something to say not to criticize. If they can't take the comments get off YouTube. They should just ignore whatever advice they don't like but that takes maturity.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

gwsb wrote:
sarah wrote:
It pisses me off that they mock viewers. Most are probably commenting to have something to say not to criticize. If they can't take the comments get off YouTube. They should just ignore whatever advice they don't like but that takes maturity.
also, babies can start teething pretty young but never actually start showing teeth til they are a good bit older. So it is still a possibility that she's teething.
kayuhsee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kayuhsee »

Gaines is almost one right? There is a huge possibility she is teething. I think every baby I know at her age has at least a couple of teeth.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

I agree, they are very condescending to viewers. This just shows how immature they are. The comments are just meant to be helpful. They could easily ignore the ones they don't like or agree with.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Oh I definitely agree that they're largely rude and condescending to viewers, it was one of the first things that pissed me off about them.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lol. That's one of the things I liked about them. Proved they weren't thirsty and weren't relying on 8 year olds for parenting advice
ProSubscriber
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ProSubscriber »

Because of Katie's background I expected her to be pretty informed and mature (she has access to journals and scientific literature we do not and the education to understand it), but they've always sort of come off as milking the dumb first-time-parent role, to me. idk. Like it shocks me that a child psychologist genders the shit out of her kid and is obsessed with putting a bow in her hair all the time.

When she was first born (and back when I watched way more of their videos) they seemed a little more open to advice and would thank viewers.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

If they don't want a bunch of children watching them they should grow up and stop being so immature, make quality parenting videos, do things beyond eating out and going shopping, use Katie's degree to make interesting and informative videos, etc. Stop riding the Daily Bumps preteen train.

The only thing worse than embracing an audience of children is openly mocking them tbh. It's not even like they're dismissing ridiculous things, no they get condescending about valid points, like worrying about MG's horrendous teasing-bait name, or her feet being cold.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Not saying this is the case for them, buuut when my daughter was born we lived in Germany and they always seemingly overdress their infants. I'm talking leggings and socks and pants and a onsie and a shirt and a freaking snowsuit and mittens and a hat and a scarf and boots at ONE time. My kiddo is sweaty hot without all that on. I had Germans criticizing me all the time that my baby was cold and making ne feel like a crap new mom. I was like SML and wished I knew enough German to tell them to shove it. I identify with C&K doing that with a few things anyway.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”