Cullen and Katie part 2

sarah

Re: Cullen and Katie part 2

Unread post by sarah »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:I'm so happy for them and their pregnancy. However, does it bother anyone else that they fought so hard to get Katie's channel back and haven't put anything up in a month and a half?
I feel the same way. Most of the vlogs show them sitting on the couch or recliner. lol I think now that Cullen got it back after harassing, I mean asking, Youtube creators to get it back, they've become complacent.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by irishmiss »

Knowing now that Katie is pregnant in the 1st trimester I can easily see how things have been quiet on KOTFS particularly with Christmas and everything. I also notice they barely talk about the pregnancy and it really seems like they are still terrifed something will go wrong
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

Hahaha cullen falling in the pool was amusing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I wonder if Dolly and Doc pay Cullen to decorate and take down their Christmas stuff? It is a HUGE job and it would make sense.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I'm confused about their planning on this one- she said in the recent past that she'd be over the moon to be pregnant again by her daughter's first birthday. Then later she retracted and said she didn't want to be pregnant over the holidays because she thought it would be stressful given her previous early losses. But then they're pregnant by Dec. 1. She seems all over the place emotionally and very apprehensive. It's understandable that it doesn't feel "real" to her yet and she's not confortable talking about it, because in her words she's "only eight weeks." But then why publicize it so soon? I get the impression she wanted to keep it private or at least just share it with family until the second trimester, but Cullen saw page views and dollar signs and decided they couldn't wait.
xsxbxtx91
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xsxbxtx91 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I'm confused about their planning on this one- she said in the recent past that she'd be over the moon to be pregnant again by her daughter's first birthday. Then later she retracted and said she didn't want to be pregnant over the holidays because she thought it would be stressful given her previous early losses. But then they're pregnant by Dec. 1. She seems all over the place emotionally and very apprehensive. It's understandable that it doesn't feel "real" to her yet and she's not confortable talking about it, because in her words she's "only eight weeks." But then why publicize it so soon? I get the impression she wanted to keep it private or at least just share it with family until the second trimester, but Cullen saw page views and dollar signs and decided they couldn't wait.
I don't think it's a money thing. I think they want to tell everyone early because if there is a loss they don't have to hide their emotions. And I understand her not wanting to make anyone worry around the holidays but they were very transparent that if it happens it happens
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

They decided to announce early with MG because they would talk about it regardless of the outcome. I assume this pregnancy is no different. I don't think announcing is solely for views, but it didn't hurt.
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

rd_valo wrote:Hahaha cullen falling in the pool was amusing

I was rolling my eyes so hard even though it was pretty funny.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

xsxbxtx91 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I'm confused about their planning on this one- she said in the recent past that she'd be over the moon to be pregnant again by her daughter's first birthday. Then later she retracted and said she didn't want to be pregnant over the holidays because she thought it would be stressful given her previous early losses. But then they're pregnant by Dec. 1. She seems all over the place emotionally and very apprehensive. It's understandable that it doesn't feel "real" to her yet and she's not confortable talking about it, because in her words she's "only eight weeks." But then why publicize it so soon? I get the impression she wanted to keep it private or at least just share it with family until the second trimester, but Cullen saw page views and dollar signs and decided they couldn't wait.
I don't think it's a money thing. I think they want to tell everyone early because if there is a loss they don't have to hide their emotions. And I understand her not wanting to make anyone worry around the holidays but they were very transparent that if it happens it happens
She said in a recent video that she really didn't want to be pregnant during the holidays so they were being "extra careful." I don't know what that means, but I'm assuming she was insinuating that they were preventing in some way. But for whatever reason that changed. It seems strange to me that she bounces back and forth. I did not think her attitude in that particular video was "if it happens, it happens," though that is the attitude she's expressed before. In this particular video, the message I got was that she was not emotionally ready to try again. And her reaction during the pregnancy test was so, so sad. She didn't look excited, she looked petrified.

I get the impression that Cullen railroads people rather than really listening. I don't know if anyone has watched their vlog today, but around the 10 minute mark you can tell she's not comfortable discussing the pregnancy in such a public way. She's trying to tell him that she's scared and his response is literally, "Accept it, I knocked you up, hooker." WTF?

Their friends and family are a support system to draw from were something to go wrong, not 230k internet strangers. If they had waited, nothing would prevent them from discussing it were something to happen. They could still talk about it if they wanted to. It's obvious to me she carries a lot more of the stress and anxiety by nature and he doesn't seem to appreciate that. Maybe announcing it so soon is stressing her out even more because now their followers expect updates and all eyes are on her. I think he just saw it as a chance to be relevant on YouTube for a second. I feel badly for her.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I wonder if Dolly and Doc pay Cullen to decorate and take down their Christmas stuff? It is a HUGE job and it would make sense.
It is a huge job but i think they have been doing it for them as a family for years (by the way they talk) i hope they pay them!! lol
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

rd_valo wrote:Hahaha cullen falling in the pool was amusing

Im not convinced that it wasnt planned but it was funny lol
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They were so open with their pregnancy and losses before, its not surprising to me at all that they announced so early. Katie's reaction broke my heart, any mother who had been in her shoes would be just as terrified i would assume. I think Katie is scared and worried and Cullen is more excited than she is right now. I think that's a totally normal reaction and i cant fault either of them for it. I think Katie is just refusing to get her hopes up (sad but very logical) and Cullen is just over the moon and trying to be positive. He even said that he feels different about this pregnancy (more positive)
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I thought the "I knocked you up!" comments weren't the right thing to say. It wasn't even funny!
gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I wonder if Dolly and Doc pay Cullen to decorate and take down their Christmas stuff? It is a HUGE job and it would make sense.
I honestly hope not. C&K use their beach house like a second home in the summer and the Tallahassee apartment is their second home in the Fall plus the game day suite. The least Cullen can do is help with Christmas stuff.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gwsb wrote:
I honestly hope not. C&K use their beach house like a second home in the summer and the Tallahassee apartment is their second home in the Fall plus the game day suite. The least Cullen can do is help with Christmas stuff.

I understand where you are coming from but they are Katie's parents so i feel like them using the beach house and the condo/game day suite is kinda a given.. Not that Cullen (and Jay) shouldn't help out, but i dont think the two are connected..
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

gwsb wrote:
Yes! I agree with you. Grand Dolly and Grand Doc have done a lot for them and continue to help them, ie putting together MG's 1st birthday party, watching MG for them, and a host of other little things. I'm sure Jay would help as well if he didn't work a full tine job. Even if they weren't able to help C&K, I think it's just something something adults do to help their elderly parents.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:They were so open with their pregnancy and losses before, its not surprising to me at all that they announced so early. Katie's reaction broke my heart, any mother who had been in her shoes would be just as terrified i would assume. I think Katie is scared and worried and Cullen is more excited than she is right now. I think that's a totally normal reaction and i cant fault either of them for it. I think Katie is just refusing to get her hopes up (sad but very logical) and Cullen is just over the moon and trying to be positive. He even said that he feels different about this pregnancy (more positive)
Pregnancy joy isn't the same after you've had a loss... especially repeat losses. More than you plan for and dream of your baby, you hope and pray it doesn't get taken away. Terrifying is absolutely the correct word. It's like standing on the edge of a cliff and not knowing if you're going to fall or not. My guess is that she'll feel apprehensive the whole pregnancy. I can see why they went public though.
sarah

Unread post by sarah »

zipadeedodah wrote:I thought the "I knocked you up!" comments weren't the right thing to say. It wasn't even funny!
Cullen is a joke. What a husband/father to be "proud of"! Also, younger viewers watch. Not the right thing to say, IMO.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

Let me guess no phone or watch on him when he fell in the pool right? Sounds legit lol

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

zipadeedodah wrote:I thought the "I knocked you up!" comments weren't the right thing to say. It wasn't even funny!
Right? The way he brushed it off with a crude joke that wasn't even funny- ugh. My husband would not speak to me that way, and it's not just the crassness of it. It's the fact that she was trying to talk about something that gives her anxiety and he belittled it because he can't be a grown-up. The fall in the pool was 100% staged for the vlog.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”