Cullen and Katie: New Year, New Baby Part 3

irishmiss
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: New Year, New Baby Part 3

Unread post by irishmiss »

I'm a long time subscriber of C+K and newly following Dave Ramsey's extreme money makeover. I heard them mention him once in a vlog a few months ago and then I went looking for old vlogs where they talked aboout him and it seems they were big followers. Does anyone think they still follow his advice? I'm just curious because they have made a lot of big purchases in the past few months (dining table, tv etc) and travelled a lot.
SBC1990
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by SBC1990 »

Oh, did I say how much I love this family =) Cullen's drone montages are awesome compared to BM and EJ. He also puts other video intertwined with them. Oh, can't wait to meet baby boy Bamachick1101

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
You Got It Dude 8-)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I just don't get why these guys are "friends" with the Lumps and E & J. Do they really need 9 year old subscribers that badly? They have got to be able to see through their BS. It really bothers me. I know they had to back off the friendship with Austin and Britt, but they are more mature and much better parents, and appear to be in a hugely better relationship. So why even lower themselves? Just judging by the way they are in their vlogs, when they went to their rooms during that "epic winter vacay", they had to be saying, "How many more days?" to each other. They would never use MG for clickbait the way Jared and Ellie used the kids in the bathtub, or expose her like that. They talk to her and try to turn everything into a learning experience. Katie was asking MG about what shape the hula hoop was. I don't know. It just doesn't sit right.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

[quote="lmmomSD"]I just don't get why these guys are "friends" with the Lumps and E & J. Do they really need 9 year old subscribers that badly? They have got to be able to see through their BS. It really bothers me. I know they had to back off the friendship with Austin and Britt, but they are more mature and much better parents, and appear to be in a hugely better relationship. So why even lower themselves? Just judging by the way they are in their vlogs, when they went to their rooms during that "epic winter vacay", they had to be saying, "How many more days?" to each other. They would never use MG for clickbait the way Jared and Ellie used the kids in the bathtub, or expose her like that. They talk to her and try to turn everything into a learning experience. Katie was asking MG about what shape the hula hoop was. I don't know. It just doesn't sit right.[/quote

I started watching before 10k subscribers (Jan 2014) after finding Katie's video when she got stuck on the road during our ice storm. I liked them and continued watching.
I never watched their old stuff but by then they had already been vlogging for a few years so I'd think without DB and EJ. Their growth would have been even slower.
I remember noticing how much the sub count went up during playlist or whatever. So I think they realize how much the "friendship" has and continues to help gain subscribers.
Cullen seems to enjoy what he does and I do not think they cater as much to the 10yr kids. Their demographic is older but without those 2 couples they'd probably have even less subscribers at this point on their own .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
manadefe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by manadefe »

irishmiss wrote:I'm a long time subscriber of C+K and newly following Dave Ramsey's extreme money makeover. I heard them mention him once in a vlog a few months ago and then I went looking for old vlogs where they talked aboout him and it seems they were big followers. Does anyone think they still follow his advice? I'm just curious because they have made a lot of big purchases in the past few months (dining table, tv etc) and travelled a lot.
I watch them daily and dont recall them talking about Dave Ramsey. E+J said a few times that they are followers of Dave, and so am I.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

lmmomSD wrote:I just don't get why these guys are "friends" with the Lumps and E & J. Do they really need 9 year old subscribers that badly? They have got to be able to see through their BS. It really bothers me. I know they had to back off the friendship with Austin and Britt, but they are more mature and much better parents, and appear to be in a hugely better relationship. So why even lower themselves? Just judging by the way they are in their vlogs, when they went to their rooms during that "epic winter vacay", they had to be saying, "How many more days?" to each other. They would never use MG for clickbait the way Jared and Ellie used the kids in the bathtub, or expose her like that. They talk to her and try to turn everything into a learning experience. Katie was asking MG about what shape the hula hoop was. I don't know. It just doesn't sit right.
They certainly did use MG as clickbait. "Baby Trapped In Washing Machine" was a stupid impulsive move on Cullen's part when they were promoting laundry balls. And they weren't exactly transparent when they were selling a diet/meal plan. I believe they befriended DB and E&J specifically to grow their channel, it was pragmatic.

Fortunately, they've had a measure of success that they're comfortable with now. Cullen doesn't seem desperate to prove himself and is taking things more in stride. He's not acting like an obnoxious fool, like some people, because that is not who he is and he knows Gaines is watching him. He's been cool since Gaines learned to walk and talk. I don't think they'll be spending too much time with DB or E&J in the future. I really look forward to their vlogs, they keep getting better and better.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I sure hope not. It makes me sideye them and wonder if they're as sincere as I think they are when they spend time with those bozos. I think you're right that Cullen has mellowed some as MG has started talking more.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

I love the fact that Katie lets MG be a child and play with dirt lol I was just thinking M&E would never!!!

marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

CK stopped being friends with Austin and Britney?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

marjg wrote:CK stopped being friends with Austin and Britney?

Well, they haven't exactly talked about them, and they certainly didn't tweet anything during the scandal. I am just speculating. But they were "best friends" before Austin got caught screwing a wall and doing lots of other lovely things on video. Maybe they are still friends. But they don't seem to be vacationing together or talking about them!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
marjg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by marjg »

They never vacation together, though. We'll see when all the whacky YT conventions happen if they hangout or not.

just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Can we hope that there will be no more Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter DBEJCK Vacay's? I enjoyed the one last June when they went to Florida, but the Winter one was awful. Look we got shirts and sweatshirts made for everyone! Look! We found a great home to stay in! Your share for the week is $3000 plus expenses! Ugh. I'm wondering if DB and EJ's behaviors were the reason CK left early? I know they said it was for other reason's, but I still wonder.
jesswhytho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jesswhytho »

Cullen's drone footage is honestly beautiful in some shots and it's always well placed in the vlog imo

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

just_me wrote:Can we hope that there will be no more Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter DBEJCK Vacay's? I enjoyed the one last June when they went to Florida, but the Winter one was awful. Look we got shirts and sweatshirts made for everyone! Look! We found a great home to stay in! Your share for the week is $3000 plus expenses! Ugh. I'm wondering if DB and EJ's behaviors were the reason CK left early? I know they said it was for other reason's, but I still wonder.
I seriously hope so. I hope they are starting to distance themselves. The Lumps and E&J are just ick, and the vacays are awful, with all the "break the internet!"crap and hashtags. C&K are so much better than this. Cullen gets on my nerves, but he is a good husband and father. And Katie is an awesome mother, and laughs at Cullen's jokes. They don't need the 9 year olds, and it would be awful if they started catering to them.

ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Gaines little lullaby she sang to the cat was adorable

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I gotta say though, if my ex said something about me being "irritable AF" when I was pregnant, he would have had to run. Excuse me, she is making a human being. What did you do today? Sat on your butt with a camera in your hand! (sarcasm)

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
just_me wrote:Can we hope that there will be no more Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter DBEJCK Vacay's? I enjoyed the one last June when they went to Florida, but the Winter one was awful. Look we got shirts and sweatshirts made for everyone! Look! We found a great home to stay in! Your share for the week is $3000 plus expenses! Ugh. I'm wondering if DB and EJ's behaviors were the reason CK left early? I know they said it was for other reason's, but I still wonder.
I seriously hope so. I hope they are starting to distance themselves. The Lumps and E&J are just ick, and the vacays are awful, with all the "break the internet!"crap and hashtags. C&K are so much better than this. Cullen gets on my nerves, but he is a good husband and father. And Katie is an awesome mother, and laughs at Cullen's jokes. They don't need the 9 year olds, and it would be awful if they started catering to them.

They don't need the audience that E&J is apparently building either. Those weirdos aren't just going to watch a few videos and leave, they could be subs that stick around to see the kids daily. MG does not need to be a part of that if they can avoid it.
torii
Talker
Talker

Unread post by torii »

I've read where Ellie and Missy both changed after the second baby was born (Missy, I think, changed sooner but you get what I'm saying lol) and I just HOPE that Katie doesn't change after the baby is born. I don't think she will....
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I really hope this baby doesn't change them. They seem like such a good little family unit.

The changes with Ellie became more apparent when Calvin came along, but if you watch old E&J vlogs you can see the real (bitchy) Ellie coming through. The more you get to know someone the more you see their flaws and once you've seen them they stick out like dogs balls. That and she doesn't try to hide it as much these days.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

If Katie changes after the baby is born I will be pissed. I already quit watching Ellie and Jared and daily bumps....I would hate to stop watching Cullen and Katie. I really like them

Return to “Cullen and Katie”