Cullen and Katie: Brooks Baby Part 5

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Brooks Baby Part 5

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I think C&K are doing fabulous with Gaines and Brooks. They are including her with everything they do with Brooks. Cullen is taking her out and doing special things with her. It is sure to be an adjustment but they couldn't be doing any better. Compared to how EJ and BM did with Jackson and Ollie, Gaines will be fine. I noticed in todays vlog Gaines went to lay down with Brooks and was going to flop on him, Katie was very calm and patient helping her lay down next to him so she didn't hurt him. Then later with the hair brushing, Katie once again was super calm and patient when Gaines brushed his hair too hard. Katie is an amazing mother and I applaud them on how they are doing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Exactly. They're helping her, not laughing at her. They're teaching her. Such better parents than certain others. And I know you know who I mean.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Katie is actually still paying attention to MG, and not just the baby. Missy and Ellie use BFing as an excuse to isolate themselves and take a break from the older child. Heck, Ellie hardly even left the bedroom for the first few months!

Katie is doing fantastic adjusting to having the two. It's going to be hard for MG, as it would for any child, but it seems they are trying to make it as easy as possible for her.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, God. I just almost lost my breakfast. Cullen posted a very sweet "Happy One Week" video for Brooks. But guess what song he used? Finn's Lullaby. Erp. So gross. Just when I'm starting to think maybe he's not so annoying (he won me over a lot this week)... Maybe I'll let this one slide but it's just SO awful! With all the songs on the internet, he had to pick that one!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
mildlycurious
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mildlycurious »

I've noticed a turtle theme for Brooks. There were turtles on this coming home outfit, a couple other outfits, blankets and I remember Katie specifically look for something (don't remember what) with turtles on it. Is there a significance behind it? I hadn't been watching C&K much until after the DBEJCK summer vlogs.

It seemed weird since they are "best friends" with Ellie & Jared and turtles have kinda been Calvin's thing. I thought maybe there was something else.
mildlycurious
Amateur
Amateur

lmmomSD wrote:Oh, God. I just almost lost my breakfast. Cullen posted a very sweet "Happy One Week" video for Brooks. But guess what song he used? Finn's Lullaby. Erp. So gross. Just when I'm starting to think maybe he's not so annoying (he won me over a lot this week)... Maybe I'll let this one slide but it's just SO awful! With all the songs on the internet, he had to pick that one!

Oh that totally bums me out because I typically LOVE his music choices.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I like his music choices too! I just was so bummed. :(

saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I think C&K are doing fabulous with Gaines and Brooks. They are including her with everything they do with Brooks. Cullen is taking her out and doing special things with her. It is sure to be an adjustment but they couldn't be doing any better. Compared to how EJ and BM did with Jackson and Ollie, Gaines will be fine. I noticed in todays vlog Gaines went to lay down with Brooks and was going to flop on him, Katie was very calm and patient helping her lay down next to him so she didn't hurt him. Then later with the hair brushing, Katie once again was super calm and patient when Gaines brushed his hair too hard. Katie is an amazing mother and I applaud them on how they are doing.
Co-sign
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Kind of weird that when he was on the bili lights they kept talking about how they just want to hold him. Now the first full vlog off the lights, he is only held right after his bath.
I am sure he's getting plenty of snuggles just being breastfed, but I thought that was strange to spend time with him on the floor and then put him to sleep in that portable crib.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

winniewise wrote:Kind of weird that when he was on the bili lights they kept talking about how they just want to hold him. Now the first full vlog off the lights, he is only held right after his bath.
I am sure he's getting plenty of snuggles just being breastfed, but I thought that was strange to spend time with him on the floor and then put him to sleep in that portable crib.

Katie did say she liked being able to get things done since he was strapped to the lights before. Maybe now they're just used to that and are going to use his mild temperament to their advantage. I'm sure they're getting in all the cuddles and then some lol
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

winniewise wrote:Kind of weird that when he was on the bili lights they kept talking about how they just want to hold him. Now the first full vlog off the lights, he is only held right after his bath.

Really? We only see 15 minutes of their day, I'm sure they hold him a ton! I tried not to hold my newborns 24/7 because I didn't want them to get to used to it. Didn't work with my second because he had colic and all he did was cry his first 3 months. I am so jealous of Katie for her 2 calm easy newborns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I see nothing wrong with them letting Brooks lay on the floor and play, Gaines was down there as well so they were having family playtime. Not like she threw them on the floor was doing dishes and cleaning.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

mildlycurious wrote:I've noticed a turtle theme for Brooks. There were turtles on this coming home outfit, a couple other outfits, blankets and I remember Katie specifically look for something (don't remember what) with turtles on it. Is there a significance behind it? I hadn't been watching C&K much until after the DBEJCK summer vlogs.

It seemed weird since they are "best friends" with Ellie & Jared and turtles have kinda been Calvin's thing. I thought maybe there was something else.
If anything E&J "stole" the turtle thing from Cullen (if you even want to call it that) its pretty well known from vlogs going years back that Cullen loves turtles, had pet turtles, buys turtle themed things... I think they just held back with all the turtle stuff until they had a boy bc most turtle things are blue or "boy colors" and styles. He's had a thing for turtles since he was a kid.
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

mildlycurious wrote:I've noticed a turtle theme for Brooks. There were turtles on this coming home outfit, a couple other outfits, blankets and I remember Katie specifically look for something (don't remember what) with turtles on it. Is there a significance behind it? I hadn't been watching C&K much until after the DBEJCK summer vlogs.

I think Cullen really likes turtles so I guess they're trying to make it a thing for Brooks too.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sataninwonderland wrote:I actually feel bad for Gaines. She seems... Not as happy as usual. I think she realizes that her parents are paying more attention to Brooks on camera. Idk, she just looked really sad in some parts of the vlog.
I noticed the look you are talking about and while it does look sorta sad, MG is a very shy girl, reserved, likes to take things in before she jumps into them.. I've noticed that look when shes just taking things in. Without seeming crude, we talk about people having resting bitch face lol I'm not calling that look RBF in a toddler at all but i think she just has a very sad look too her when shes really thinking and processing. She looked happy to me throughout the vlog, but was very curious about Brooks bath time. She was engaging with him, it wasn't like she was sitting across the room being sad while C&K ignored her while giving brooks a bath..
mildlycurious
Amateur
Amateur

Playsinrain wrote:

If anything E&J "stole" the turtle thing from Cullen (if you even want to call it that) its pretty well known from vlogs going years back that Cullen loves turtles, had pet turtles, buys turtle themed things... I think they just held back with all the turtle stuff until they had a boy bc most turtle things are blue or "boy colors" and styles. He's had a thing for turtles since he was a kid.
Ah, okay. I had no idea about Cullen's turtle love. That makes more sense. Thanks!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
sataninwonderland wrote:I actually feel bad for Gaines. She seems... Not as happy as usual. I think she realizes that her parents are paying more attention to Brooks on camera. Idk, she just looked really sad in some parts of the vlog.
I noticed the look you are talking about and while it does look sorta sad, MG is a very shy girl, reserved, likes to take things in before she jumps into them.. I've noticed that look when shes just taking things in. Without seeming crude, we talk about people having resting bitch face lol I'm not calling that look RBF in a toddler at all but i think she just has a very sad look too her when shes really thinking and processing. She looked happy to me throughout the vlog, but was very curious about Brooks bath time. She was engaging with him, it wasn't like she was sitting across the room being sad while C&K ignored her while giving brooks a bath..
My son is MG's age and he always has that look. He gets it from his dad. We call it "resting grumpy face." It's just him thinking Image
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
My son is MG's age and he always has that look. He gets it from his dad. We call it "resting grumpy face." It's just him thinking Image
Resting grumpy face is a much better way of putting it when describing a child... lol!!!!!
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I agree with Playsinrain, I think she was just taking in the new sights and senses of a tiny baby being washed in the sink. She seems to understand that Brooks is a tiny living person, and I think her toddler mind is just putting things together piece by piece. C&K were talking about how much more relaxed and casual they feel with their second child, but this is MG's first sibling, she's got a lot to process! I think C&K are doing a great job of including her and also giving her individual attention as well.

gwsb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by gwsb »

I think she will be okay. She seems to be processing it. I had the same situation as c&k but mine are a few days over two years apart. I have a chatty little toddler like Gaines and we worked with her on having a new baby etc. I feel like I'm reliving my experience through c&k. My daughter had those quiet introspective moments too. I think she was adjusting to a stranger being there, wondering if the baby was staying and all that.

My son is now 8 mo and the first thing my daughter does is introduce "her baby" to new people. She is so proud of him. I can totally see Gaines getting there too.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”