Cullen and Katie: Family of Four Pt #6

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen and Katie: Family of Four Pt #6

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:You don't understand how they dress her because you aren't upper class from the Deep South. It's just the way it is done. Y'all are going to lose your minds when Brooks wears a bubble or Jon Jon with knee socks and saddle shoes!

Gaines had on a smocked top and seersucker ruffle pants. She still got dirty and played like any other kid. She was playing in the dirt in a white, very expensive smocked top. I was cringing just watching it. Katie didn't panic or freak out, heck she didn't even tell her to stop. I just don't get why her outfit matters that much! She's a kid, allowed to get filthy and looks darling while doing so!
Sorry--that sounds really snobby. I spent a lot of time in Virginia, and my family goes back to the Mayflower and FFV (First Families of Virginia) I "understand" it fine. I just think that a smocked dress two sizes too big and striped leggings that don't match are silly for a visit to a pumpkin patch. She would have been fine if the dress fit. I already said I love smocked dresses-- my mom made them, and so did my sister. She did my daughter's christening gown, and it was beautiful. I know I am nitpicking. Gonna shut up now.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sarai »

nutbagmcgee wrote:You don't understand how they dress her because you aren't upper class from the Deep South.
Is that like being the classiest people in the trailer park? Because they don't have anything in common with real Upper Class people.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Sarai wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:You don't understand how they dress her because you aren't upper class from the Deep South.
Is that like being the classiest people in the trailer park? Because they don't have anything in common with real Upper Class people.
Perhaps you could tell us more about real Upper Class people?

So far, I'm to surmise they aren't Southern.
MaudeLebowski
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MaudeLebowski »

Sarai wrote:
Pretty sure this is America, honey. You need to make like $150,000/year to be "Upper Class" here. Hell, you only need to make $250k/year to be in the "one percent."*

I get that your comment was meant as snarky but it comes off as really dumb. You're either not a part of that club and you're jelly; or you are a part of that club (obviously not in the trashy south) but somewhere else -- and you're just rude.

*"Upper-middle-class workers typically have post-graduate degrees and work at high-level, white-collar positions. Household income for these workers is often above $100,000. According to the Census bureau, upper-middle-class, or professional class workers, earn enough to be in the top one-third of American incomes.

The next income level is what is commonly called the "5 percent," or the percentage of Americans who make more than $150,000 annually. At the top of the economic ladder is the so-called "1 percent," or households that earn more than $250,000 annually."
http://money.usnews.com/money/personal- ... ass-system
liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:You don't understand how they dress her because you aren't upper class from the Deep South. It's just the way it is done. Y'all are going to lose your minds when Brooks wears a bubble or Jon Jon with knee socks and saddle shoes!
Aren't Jon Jons just short overalls? One thing I don't understand about the south is the necessity to monogram everything- it's expensive and makes it hard to have hand me downs or to donate old clothes!
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I'm surprised to see all the comments about clothes. I always think Gaines looks sweet and a lot of her holiday type outfits are often Emily's hand me downs (I think that's her name). I think Gaines has a good balance of being in regular/play clothes too. I thought it was great Katie wasn't afraid to let her get dirty too.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I do like that Katie didn't fuss over getting the clothes dirty.
I think we can skip the class warfare and accept the fact that people have different opinions, and it's ok. Sure, it's nitpicking, but it's ok to say that you don't like the style. Taste is an individual thing. Not everyone has to love the way they dress Gaines. Or Brooks. It doesn't mean you're low class. I don't think anyone has been really mean about it. If I was mean, I apologize.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

liveyourlife22 wrote:
Aren't Jon Jons just short overalls? One thing I don't understand about the south is the necessity to monogram everything- it's expensive and makes it hard to have hand me downs or to donate old clothes!
That's part of monogramming...it kinda screams that it's not used or a hand me down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

MaudeLebowski wrote: Pretty sure this is America, honey. You need to make like $150,000/year to be "Upper Class" here. Hell, you only need to make $250k/year to be in the "one percent."*

I get that your comment was meant as snarky but it comes off as really dumb. You're either not a part of that club and you're jelly; or you are a part of that club (obviously not in the trashy south) but somewhere else -- and you're just rude.

*"Upper-middle-class workers typically have post-graduate degrees and work at high-level, white-collar positions. Household income for these workers is often above $100,000. According to the Census bureau, upper-middle-class, or professional class workers, earn enough to be in the top one-third of American incomes.

The next income level is what is commonly called the "5 percent," or the percentage of Americans who make more than $150,000 annually. At the top of the economic ladder is the so-called "1 percent," or households that earn more than $250,000 annually."
Lmao. Who is talking about money? There's nothing "Upper Class" about the way they dress is all I'm saying. I don't need a economic lesson about it. You're trying to tell me Cullen's shorts and flip flops are the height of class??? They look like country bumpkins against wealthy people from other regions. Sorry if that makes you butt hurt.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

MaudeLebowski wrote: Pretty sure this is America, honey. You need to make like $150,000/year to be "Upper Class" here. Hell, you only need to make $250k/year to be in the "one percent."*

Lmao. Who is talking about money? There's nothing "Upper Class" about the way they dress is all I'm saying. I don't need a economic lesson about it. You're trying to tell me Cullen's shorts and flip flops are the height of class??? They look like country bumpkins against wealthy people from other regions. Sorry if that makes you butt hurt.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Sarai wrote:
Katie grew up upper class, Cullen didn't as far as I can tell. Cullen isn't the one dressing or buying the clothes. Katie, Kelly and Dolly are, all of which are upper class. It is just what you do when you are of a certain demographic. No one is saying crap about anyone. It is just how it is done down there.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Well, I think we can all agree that money doesn't equal class or taste. If anyone doubts that, just look at Ellie and Jared and Bryan and Missy...
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

Sarai wrote:

Katie is the one who is from money, though. She's from an upper class family. Plenty of men in the South go around in clothes the make them look like country bumpkins. Also, it's kind of common in the South to not flaunt your money. I know people who can drop over $50,000 in cash on a car, yet walk around in Carhartt t-shirts. Wealth is shown in its own specific, never talked about ways so as not to come off as tacky. It was a culture shock of epic proportions for me when I moved out of the South and people asked me about rent and price of cars and so on, because money is not talked about directly like that where I come from.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

I guess i'm from the opposite opinion cause I find how they dress MG freaking adorable and I can't wait to see what Brooks will wear when he's a bit older. I would never dress my kid in that way cause it is far from my style. But it's always so colorful and playful looking that it just looks perfect for a two year old to be wearing clothes like that. Just my opinion of course.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

lmmomSD wrote:Well, I think we can all agree that money doesn't equal class or taste. If anyone doubts that, just look at Ellie and Jared and Bryan and Missy...
This. Also I think it's kind of funny the biggest criticism they get is how they dress MG.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

I like how everyone was talking about pacifiers and then MG just went and decided on her own to get rid of them!
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

jenboghel01 wrote:I like how everyone was talking about pacifiers and then MG just went and decided on her own to get rid of them!
She must read here! Image

Terebravisse
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Terebravisse »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
jenboghel01 wrote:I like how everyone was talking about pacifiers and then MG just went and decided on her own to get rid of them!

I think so! Image I think when she is done with her puzzle on the iPad she takes a quick peek before Cullen and Katie realize it. Image she's too smart for her britches.
Also, I notice in another thread that they were saying that Cullen and Katie took her to build-a-bear after she got rid of the pacis but I don't recall seeing that in the vlog. Did the snap chat or tweet about it but not show it in the vlog?

Terebravisse
Informer
Informer

marshmallowfluf wrote:

I think so! Image I think when she is done with her puzzle on the iPad she takes a quick peek before Cullen and Katie realize it. Image she's too smart for her britches.
Also, I notice in another thread that they were saying that Cullen and Katie took her to build-a-bear after she got rid of the pacis but I don't recall seeing that in the vlog. Did the snap chat or tweet about it but not show it in the vlog?

Terebravisse
Informer
Informer

marshmallowfluf wrote:

Return to “Cullen and Katie”