• Advertisement
    

Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby Namm » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:57 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Yeah no. The church wouldn't give you a loan to purchase a house. If you needed a loan to purchase a house the church would counsel you to reconsider your decision, not loan you the money.

Now, if you already own the home and had some financial issues come up due to illness or death or something else not entirely your fault they would consider making a direct payment towards your mortgage, but there would be a lot more to that decision then the church wanting its members to portray a certain lifestyle.


So what happens to all the money that members pay to the church? How is it being used, where does it go?
Namm
Informer
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 am
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 769 times

Advertisement

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Namm wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Yeah no. The church wouldn't give you a loan to purchase a house. If you needed a loan to purchase a house the church would counsel you to reconsider your decision, not loan you the money.

Now, if you already own the home and had some financial issues come up due to illness or death or something else not entirely your fault they would consider making a direct payment towards your mortgage, but there would be a lot more to that decision then the church wanting its members to portray a certain lifestyle.


So what happens to all the money that members pay to the church? How is it being used, where does it go?


Fast offerings go to families in need, typically within your own ward and at the bishops discretion.
Tithing also goes in part to your ward, to fund the youth programs, relief society, and anything else (Christmas party, summer party, etc). Then it's divided out between stakes, and then wards, at the discretion of the prophet and his quorum. That money is used to fund church buildings, utilities, hymn books, all that type of stuff.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 6873 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby Kaylor1 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:45 pm

Namm wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Yeah no. The church wouldn't give you a loan to purchase a house. If you needed a loan to purchase a house the church would counsel you to reconsider your decision, not loan you the money.

Now, if you already own the home and had some financial issues come up due to illness or death or something else not entirely your fault they would consider making a direct payment towards your mortgage, but there would be a lot more to that decision then the church wanting its members to portray a certain lifestyle.


So what happens to all the money that members pay to the church? How is it being used, where does it go?
You might be confusing Mormon and Scientologists.


Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Informer
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:41 pm
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1903 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby Namm » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:09 am

Kaylor1 wrote:
Namm wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Yeah no. The church wouldn't give you a loan to purchase a house. If you needed a loan to purchase a house the church would counsel you to reconsider your decision, not loan you the money.

Now, if you already own the home and had some financial issues come up due to illness or death or something else not entirely your fault they would consider making a direct payment towards your mortgage, but there would be a lot more to that decision then the church wanting its members to portray a certain lifestyle.


So what happens to all the money that members pay to the church? How is it being used, where does it go?
You might be confusing Mormon and Scientologists.


Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


Mormons do pay 10% of their salary to the church don't remember if it's once a year or every month so I'm not confusing them with Scientologists any way even though the similarities are there.
The Mormon church earns $7 billion a year from tithing/from members which isn't a small amount if you ask me. It might also be the reason why so many of them are out there vlogging, encouraged by the church.
Namm
Informer
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:38 am
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 769 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:44 am

Vlogging isn't incouraged, or discouraged, by the church.
It could be looked at as a missionary tool for families and that's always a good thing but we've never been told go vlog, or do any other higher paying job, so you can pay a bigger tithe.
We are encouraged to pay a 10% tithe, but it's not like you're kicked out if you don't.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 6873 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:38 am

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Vlogging isn't incouraged, or discouraged, by the church.
It could be looked at as a missionary tool for families and that's always a good thing but we've never been told go vlog, or do any other higher paying job, so you can pay a bigger tithe.
We are encouraged to pay a 10% tithe, but it's not like you're kicked out if you don't.
But don't you lose your temple endowment if you don't tithe?
And doesn't the church encourage followers to "share their beliefs through social media"? And proselytizing is a big part of being a good church member, at least it was for my Mormon friends in high school. They were pretty bummed that I managed to go to Seminary for a year and not convert.
I know it's way OT, and I am not trying to argue. Just trying to understand, because what you're saying is different from what I have read and what I remember from Seminary. And I know that just because I read something doesn't mean it's true, but some of it appears to come from the church.
Edit: I finished my tea and reread what you said. I do agree that the church doesn't likely encourage people to vlog so that they can tithe more. Or get a better paying job for that sole purpose. The encouragement to vlog comes from wanting to spread the faith.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14647
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 77820 times
Been thanked: 69835 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:52 am

lmmomSD wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Vlogging isn't incouraged, or discouraged, by the church.
It could be looked at as a missionary tool for families and that's always a good thing but we've never been told go vlog, or do any other higher paying job, so you can pay a bigger tithe.
We are encouraged to pay a 10% tithe, but it's not like you're kicked out if you don't.
But don't you lose your temple endowment if you don't tithe?
And doesn't the church encourage followers to "share their beliefs through social media"? And proselytizing is a big part of being a good church member, at least it was for my Mormon friends in high school. They were pretty bummed that I managed to go to Seminary for a year and not convert.
I know it's way OT, and I am not trying to argue. Just trying to understand, because what you're saying is different from what I have read and what I remember from Seminary. And I know that just because I read something doesn't mean it's true, but some of it appears to come from the church.
Edit: I finished my tea and reread what you said. I do agree that the church doesn't likely encourage people to vlog so that they can tithe more. Or get a better paying job for that sole purpose. The encouragement to vlog comes from wanting to spread the faith.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


You don't lose your endowment. Once you've taken out your endowment it's yours. You could however not get your temple recommend renewed (every two years) if you haven't been paying an honest tithe.
We are encouraged to share our faith, but that's separate from tithing and having certain jobs to pay a higher tithe.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 6873 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby Kaylor1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Her voice and that music in today's cleaning tips video had me all freaked out!!! It was like crazy brainwashing grandma telling you how to get the kids to make their beds and have a fresh start to the day. It gave me goosebumps.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Informer
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:41 pm
Has thanked: 864 times
Been thanked: 1903 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:07 pm

Wasn’t it strange? I was waiting for the tip of keeping all your photos and trinkets in the closet to decrease dusting.
Such a weird tone to that video.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 6873 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby Shorty02 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:51 am

Did she just try to hypnotize us with that weird music and her and her soft tone of voice? I hate to break it to you Jennifer, but you are not unique. I would venture to guess that most people already do most of the things she listed. I know I do.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
User avatar
Shorty02
Informer
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:27 pm
Has thanked: 7370 times
Been thanked: 2187 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby Mk1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Shorty02 wrote:Did she just try to hypnotize us with that weird music and her and her soft tone of voice? I hate to break it to you Jennifer, but you are not unique. I would venture to guess that most people already do most of the things she listed. I know I do.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


It was so cringey and uncomfortable to watch. Sorry, but I don’t need to hear that woman’s preaching.
Mk1
Informer
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:20 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1404 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby nsf5555 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:25 pm

I keep up with the entire Griffiths clan frequently. The creators of the bunch don’t rub me the wrong way, unlike some of their kids.

Chad and Jennifer seem like a sweet older couple. I may not agree with some of their beliefs but they are fun to watch occasionally. You can tell that they have true love.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nsf5555
Amateur
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby Caisflame » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:09 am

nsf5555 wrote:I keep up with the entire Griffiths clan frequently. The creators of the bunch don’t rub me the wrong way, unlike some of their kids.

Chad and Jennifer seem like a sweet older couple. I may not agree with some of their beliefs but they are fun to watch occasionally. You can tell that they have true love.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree. I don't dislike them as much as a lot of people here do, and I like them more than I like their kids. I actually enjoy the videos Jennifer posts. I would love to have a relationship with my future grandkids like the one she has with hers. She's so lucky to have them and be fairly close to them all.
User avatar
Caisflame
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 2410 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby amyfalafal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:43 pm

Another cleaning video. Didnt watch the whole thing but Im waiting to start seeing/hearing where the daughters get their own weirdness from. Mum or Dad?
amyfalafal
Gossiper
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:42 pm
Has thanked: 746 times
Been thanked: 2617 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:06 pm

amyfalafal wrote:Another cleaning video. Didnt watch the whole thing but Im waiting to start seeing/hearing where the daughters get their own weirdness from. Mum or Dad?


Dad. Jennifer seems less quirky, although she definitely has her quirks.

Gotta say, I really enjoy her cleaning videos. Such old fashioned advice — love it! Reminds me of my own grandma. Her tips are very good for basic beginner help. I found myself doing the four essentials the other day and it really helps. A lot of cleaning sites tend to be trendy or different enough to be different. Her advice is seriously the bare basics. Make your bed, do the dishes..clean starting from top to bottom, etc.
YellowSweater1950
Talker
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 676 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:26 pm

YellowSweater1950 wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:Another cleaning video. Didnt watch the whole thing but Im waiting to start seeing/hearing where the daughters get their own weirdness from. Mum or Dad?


Dad. Jennifer seems less quirky, although she definitely has her quirks.

Gotta say, I really enjoy her cleaning videos. Such old fashioned advice — love it! Reminds me of my own grandma. Her tips are very good for basic beginner help. I found myself doing the four essentials the other day and it really helps. A lot of cleaning sites tend to be trendy or different enough to be different. Her advice is seriously the bare basics. Make your bed, do the dishes..clean starting from top to bottom, etc.
Crud-- didn't mean to like this post, lol.

Licking ice cream off of your granddaughter's leg is pretty darn quirky to me. Julie (I think) was eating ice cream, and a big glob fell and landed on her thigh, and Jennifer didn't even hesitate. She bent over, and licked it off. No napkins, no problem! Who gives kids ice cream cones without napkins? And who licks it off a child's thigh? Ick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14647
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 77820 times
Been thanked: 69835 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:23 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
YellowSweater1950 wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:Another cleaning video. Didnt watch the whole thing but Im waiting to start seeing/hearing where the daughters get their own weirdness from. Mum or Dad?


Dad. Jennifer seems less quirky, although she definitely has her quirks.

Gotta say, I really enjoy her cleaning videos. Such old fashioned advice — love it! Reminds me of my own grandma. Her tips are very good for basic beginner help. I found myself doing the four essentials the other day and it really helps. A lot of cleaning sites tend to be trendy or different enough to be different. Her advice is seriously the bare basics. Make your bed, do the dishes..clean starting from top to bottom, etc.
Crud-- didn't mean to like this post, lol.

Licking ice cream off of your granddaughter's leg is pretty darn quirky to me. Julie (I think) was eating ice cream, and a big glob fell and landed on her thigh, and Jennifer didn't even hesitate. She bent over, and licked it off. No napkins, no problem! Who gives kids ice cream cones without napkins? And who licks it off a child's thigh? Ick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


Don’t get me wrong, this whole family is 50 Shades of Weird. But Chad just seems odd.

In the old home videos, the dad gave me some major creep vibes. Jennifer seems okay. (That and I just feel like they reek of toxicity.)
YellowSweater1950
Talker
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 676 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby actuallydear » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:11 am

What on earth were they thinking replacing the window sill carpet with tiles? Isn't the idea of an update to actually... update. They're still stuck in the 80s or 90s. And not in a good way.
User avatar
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:53 am
Has thanked: 9093 times
Been thanked: 17570 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby GymChick » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:42 am

I have NOTHING to base this off but I get a weird gut feeling past couple months that chad is going down hill/sick. I have NO idea why I think this but i keep expecting a horrible diagnosis to happen soon (hope not).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 3060 times
Been thanked: 7991 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Jennifer doesn't want to share the names she was considering instead of Ellie??? Are you planning on having more children??? lol, obviously not, but it was strange. Typically in these types of videos they don't share because they might be using them at some point...must be saving them for Ellie...guess mommy dearest gets to name her grandchildren too!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 6873 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 am

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Jennifer doesn't want to share the names she was considering instead of Ellie??? Are you planning on having more children??? lol, obviously not, but it was strange. Typically in these types of videos they don't share because they might be using them at some point...must be saving them for Ellie...guess mommy dearest gets to name her grandchildren too!


Yup, I bet those are Ellie’s name picks.
YellowSweater1950
Talker
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:45 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 676 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 am

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Jennifer doesn't want to share the names she was considering instead of Ellie??? Are you planning on having more children??? lol, obviously not, but it was strange. Typically in these types of videos they don't share because they might be using them at some point...must be saving them for Ellie...guess mommy dearest gets to name her grandchildren too!


I thought it was weird that THREE of their five kids are named after people from TV/movies. I always thought the name Beau was a bit too creative for simple-minded people like the Griffiths! I seriously LOL'd when they said Bonnie was named after a character on Knight Rider! HAHAHAHAHA

Also, wasn't Elly Mae (Ellie's namesake) a character on Beverly Hillbillies, not Dallas? I think Jennifer is confusing the two names.
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1156 times
Been thanked: 8068 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby Ducklings4 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:03 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Jennifer doesn't want to share the names she was considering instead of Ellie??? Are you planning on having more children??? lol, obviously not, but it was strange. Typically in these types of videos they don't share because they might be using them at some point...must be saving them for Ellie...guess mommy dearest gets to name her grandchildren too!


I thought it was weird that THREE of their five kids are named after people from TV/movies. I always thought the name Beau was a bit too creative for simple-minded people like the Griffiths! I seriously LOL'd when they said Bonnie was named after a character on Knight Rider! HAHAHAHAHA

Also, wasn't Elly Mae (Ellie's namesake) a character on Beverly Hillbillies, not Dallas? I think Jennifer is confusing the two names.

The matriarch of the family on Dallas was Miss Ellie.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Gossiper
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 505 times
Been thanked: 4666 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Ducklings4 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Jennifer doesn't want to share the names she was considering instead of Ellie??? Are you planning on having more children??? lol, obviously not, but it was strange. Typically in these types of videos they don't share because they might be using them at some point...must be saving them for Ellie...guess mommy dearest gets to name her grandchildren too!


I thought it was weird that THREE of their five kids are named after people from TV/movies. I always thought the name Beau was a bit too creative for simple-minded people like the Griffiths! I seriously LOL'd when they said Bonnie was named after a character on Knight Rider! HAHAHAHAHA

Also, wasn't Elly Mae (Ellie's namesake) a character on Beverly Hillbillies, not Dallas? I think Jennifer is confusing the two names.

The matriarch of the family on Dallas was Miss Ellie.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't watched, but if they said Ellie May, it's the Beverly Hillbillies. Miss Ellie was from Dallas.
Naming your kids after TV characters is so trashy.
I admit I named my daughter after Lauren Bacall, but she's a righteous babe. And I didn't know any Laurens when I named her that. Then she got to school and there were Laurens everywhere!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14647
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 77820 times
Been thanked: 69835 times

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:50 pm

lmmomSD wrote:I haven't watched, but if they said Ellie May, it's the Beverly Hillbillies. Miss Ellie was from Dallas.


Yes, Jennifer said Elly Mae because she said she dropped the Mae part of the name. Jennifer, like her daughters, isn't too bright.
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1156 times
Been thanked: 8068 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Other Griffiths/Mechams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement