Julie Deru: Part One

YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Post by YTIG60 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:40 am

I guess Landon will be in more vlogs with no apparent job and he's completely done with school at this time. They had their children pull some money from their piggy bank to pay for a swing and Landon wants to go cheap with toilet paper...really. :?
Catface2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Catface2 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:49 pm

He needs to get a damn job! He’s OTT ridiculous
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Namm » Sat May 11, 2019 2:30 am

staceybrax wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 pm
It seems to me like Landon has a superiority complex, he seems to think that a lot of jobs are beneath him. He could use the degrees he already has to get a decent job but he doesn’t want to. It’s great that he sets high goals for himself but he needs to get his head out of the clouds and realise that he has 4 children to support. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working as a high school PE teacher or something. I think he thinks he’s a lot smarter than he is.
I’d hate to know how much student debt he has racked up over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They will continue living like this while the years passes by if Julies doesn't put her foot down soon and tells Landon the truth. Her husband is delusional and his choices are making their life harder than it needs to be and she just excuses him. I wonder if she's playing dumb or just clueless about their situation.
staceybrax
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by staceybrax » Sat May 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Namm wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 pm
It seems to me like Landon has a superiority complex, he seems to think that a lot of jobs are beneath him. He could use the degrees he already has to get a decent job but he doesn’t want to. It’s great that he sets high goals for himself but he needs to get his head out of the clouds and realise that he has 4 children to support. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working as a high school PE teacher or something. I think he thinks he’s a lot smarter than he is.
I’d hate to know how much student debt he has racked up over the years.

They will continue living like this while the years passes by if Julies doesn't put her foot down soon and tells Landon the truth. Her husband is delusional and his choices are making their life harder than it needs to be and she just excuses him. I wonder if she's playing dumb or just clueless about their situation.
I wonder if she is just playing the role or the super supportive perfect Mormon wife on screen but behind closed doors they fight all the time about Landon constantly changing degrees and never getting a job. Or if she really is this dumb and just goes along with whatever Landon says. Surely she has to be stressed out about money and the loans he’s racking up. He’s lazy and he uses school as an excuse not to work and that wouldn’t sit with me at all.

GGF1987
Talker
Talker

Post by GGF1987 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 pm

I don't understand why he would apply to only 2 PhD programs first off. I also don't know why they think he can sit around and do nothing for a year and then they'll magically accept him. At some point you have to realize things aren't working out and find a new plan.
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 am

GGF1987 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:00 pm
I don't understand why he would apply to only 2 PhD programs first off. I also don't know why they think he can sit around and do nothing for a year and then they'll magically accept him. At some point you have to realize things aren't working out and find a new plan.
It is hard to rationalize why a thirty plus year old couple with four children wouldn't have a Plan B since Landon being "stubborn" about his education isn't a plan. In the Disappointing News video, he talked about working at what I think is BYU. It didn't appear that BYU had actually hired him to adjunct teach or work in the anatomy lab and I'm unfamiliar with his desire to work on being published, but do you need to be part of an institution to do this? I'm also confused where he is at with his present master's degree since he is still working on his thesis?
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 am

I know it has been said a million times before, but all those kids sticking their faces in Lucy’s cake was gross. Lincoln has his mouth and nose in her cake. I am glad Beau’s baby had hers away from everyone. It really is gross and it seems each birthday they get worse and worse.

Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:39 am

I know this family is not that exciting as I am the only one who comments!
Landon is only 5’9”. I thought he was much taller. I think he is the tallest son in law. Joel and Jared must be like 5’5” and 5’7”. The Griffiths sisters must only be 5’1” - 5’5”. I guess all things are relative.

gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Wed May 29, 2019 8:51 am

I guess it's now Emma's job to watch Lucy at night now that she put the 2 girls in the basement together? WTF would you put them in the Basement? In a fire or emergency situation you are going to rely on Emma to save her 1 year old sister?
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 am

gopedjane wrote:I guess it's now Emma's job to watch Lucy at night now that she put the 2 girls in the basement together? WTF would you put them in the Basement? In a fire or emergency situation you are going to rely on Emma to save her 1 year old sister?
Guess who she got the idea from?

That’s right. Ellie. She said so in a vlog a few weeks ago.

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed May 29, 2019 9:11 am

HelloSweetie wrote:According to her Insta, Ellie was there visiting and gave her “all kinds of ideas about what to do.” She suggested she move Lucy and Emma downstairs into the bigger basement bedroom, and move the boys and their bunk beds upstairs into the smaller bedroom.

Basically let Emma deal with the baby downstairs where no one has to hear them and be disturbed. How nice Image

This is my post from when she originally said it. Sorry, it was an IG story and not on a vlog.

YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:35 am

Ellie is giving Landon career advice (veterinary school) and they are considering it. This is the weirdest situation I've seen with a thirty plus year old with multiple degrees relying on YouTube for the family income and is still unsettled in his career. I think his lifestyle choice would be YouTube if the income was better since it has less demands and a carefree schedule.
ba1006
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ba1006 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:52 am

YTIG60 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:35 am
Ellie is giving Landon career advice (veterinary school) and they are considering it. This is the weirdest situation I've seen with a thirty plus year old with multiple degrees relying on YouTube for the family income and is still unsettled in his career. I think his lifestyle choice would be YouTube if the income was better since it has less demands and a carefree schedule.
Sheesh Landon. Pick a career and stick with it. It's not like you're 17 anymore.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by FakingIt_MakingIt » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:56 am

ba1006 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:52 am
YTIG60 wrote:
Sheesh Landon. Pick a career and stick with it. It's not like you're 17 anymore.
Exactly. How much of his current education would transfer over? How much additional schooling would he need to become a vet?

He has a family to take care of (not that Julie couldn't provide or help provide financially, but they've decided that she wont be so they've made it up to Landon to provide), yet he's unemployed, wishy-washy on what he even wants to do and is making his family struggle more then necessary because of it! He has more then enough education to get a decent job. Go get a freaking job Landon!
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:12 am

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:56 am
ba1006 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:52 am
YTIG60 wrote:
Exactly. How much of his current education would transfer over? How much additional schooling would he need to become a vet?

He has a family to take care of (not that Julie couldn't provide or help provide financially, but they've decided that she wont be so they've made it up to Landon to provide), yet he's unemployed, wishy-washy on what he even wants to do and is making his family struggle more then necessary because of it! He has more then enough education to get a decent job. Go get a freaking job Landon!
I doubt much would transfer over to a veterinary program with his focus on sports medicine other than perhaps generals that were taken years ago. I agree there is no reason while there is nothing going on with school, he could put some applications out there and try to find a job in administration. Instead, he is raising chickens. I believe Julie has her license and could work too, but she would need to accept Landon's dreams might mean she can't stay at home. In Kansas, she talked about working since they needed benefits so I'm not sure how they provide for these now?
sheltiefan
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sheltiefan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:42 pm

Good grief, I thought everyone biting into the cake is gross. Nope today's topped that with Julie and Ellie. I just skipped past it. Plus it was boring because Julie's siblings had already vlogged the hike.

Yep let's jump to another career!
Tiger27
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tiger27 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:50 pm

Veterinary school is notoriously hard to get into and doesn’t pay that well. If he seriously wants job in some sort of medical specialty, nursing is the way to go. He could do an 18 month second degree program and be done. Then he could do an NP program after while earning money as a nurse. We all know nursing is below Landon though and he’d never do that. He could do PA school but again, that’s difficult to get into I really don’t think his resume is all that spectacular. There are options besides doctor that he totally ignored...I think he enjoys being a forever student and not haven’t to do any actual work. I will not be one bit surprised in a year when they’re back in the same spot and he’s still not accepted in a PhD program and these two idiots are acting all dumbfounded like how is this possible that no one will except him.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:03 pm

YTIG60 wrote:Ellie is giving Landon career advice (veterinary school) and they are considering it. This is the weirdest situation I've seen with a thirty plus year old with multiple degrees relying on YouTube for the family income and is still unsettled in his career. I think his lifestyle choice would be YouTube if the income was better since it has less demands and a carefree schedule.
And vet school is harder to get into than med school. My cousin went to vet school,, and his fall back was medical school.
Ellie is a moron.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Julie posted on IG how they've reached two hundred thousand subscribers, but on social blade it depicts a slow (declining) growing channel with under a million views a month. I don't know how they make it on what social blade shows as their income, but they must be incredibly good at budgeting.
Tinkerbell22
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tinkerbell22 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:09 am

Does anyone else get grossed out by them constantly insisting on kissing their children on the mouth? The Griffiths all seem to have constant cold sores which means they have Herpes so why would you risk spreading that lifetime disease to your children? Your mouth has more germs then anywhere else on your body. There seriously is no reason to kiss your child on the mouth. I’m not saying to not kiss them but just don’t kiss their mouths.
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 am

Tinkerbell22 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:09 am
Does anyone else get grossed out by them constantly insisting on kissing their children on the mouth? The Griffiths all seem to have constant cold sores which means they have Herpes so why would you risk spreading that lifetime disease to your children? Your mouth has more germs then anywhere else on your body. There seriously is no reason to kiss your child on the mouth. I’m not saying to not kiss them but just don’t kiss their mouths.
I see Julie is feeding Lucy with a bird feeding or kisses technique and it made Grandma Griff jealous. It is so gross watching Grandma giving her granddaughter a carrot through bird "kisses" method. I don't know about Julie, but this family has a strong history of HSV-1 or cold sores and I don't see why you need to do this. Who is watching Lucy? She managed to drop a tablet in the toilet and get outside by herself with two parents at home?
Does anyone know why with YT being their sole income, they don't vlog full-time?
Tinkerbell22
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tinkerbell22 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 am

YTIG60 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 am
Tinkerbell22 wrote:
I see Julie is feeding Lucy with a bird feeding or kisses technique and it made Grandma Griff jealous. It is so gross watching Grandma giving her granddaughter a carrot through bird "kisses" method. I don't know about Julie, but this family has a strong history of HSV-1 or cold sores and I don't see why you need to do this. Who is watching Lucy? She managed to drop a tablet in the toilet and get outside by herself with two parents at home?
Does anyone know why with YT being their sole income, they don't vlog full-time?
I was so grossed out by the mouth thing that I forgot about the toilet thing. That almost seemed set up to me. But if she indeed did that with nobody watching then shame on them. A child that small can easily drown in toilet. She could fall head first reaching for something inside.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Julie Deru: Part One

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:38 am

YTIG60 wrote:
Tinkerbell22 wrote:
This made Grandma Griff jealous, there was the weird leg licking incident with Ruby’s Julie, and when Emma was little and big Julie would visit her parents, Grandma Griff used to get up with Emma and take baths with her before Julie got up. That all just screams of a lack of boundaries and utter creepiness.

gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:08 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:38 am
YTIG60 wrote:
Tinkerbell22 wrote:
This made Grandma Griff jealous, there was the weird leg licking incident with Ruby’s Julie, and when Emma was little and big Julie would visit her parents, Grandma Griff used to get up with Emma and take baths with her before Julie got up. That all just screams of a lack of boundaries and utter creepiness.

OMG BARF!!! I found it gross when Julie did but then when Grandma Griff did that's just nauseating.
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:32 pm

Watching their latest vlog when Dad goes away, what the hell did I watch. She doesn’t have wipes so she licks Porter’s face. So she gets Lucy to kiss her by holding food in her mouth and to clean her son’s face she licks it. I had hope she would be a normal one. So disgusting.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”