Julie Deru: Part One

10PumpsOfVanilla
Talker
Talker

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Post by 10PumpsOfVanilla » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:10 pm

8passengers posted a vlog a few months back where Abby and Julie (little Julie) babysat for Landon and Julie. When Julie was showing the older girls what was in the fridge they could eat Emma was sneaking in to see as well and Landon grabbed her arm and the look on Emma's face was sheer terror. Like it happened a lot and she knew she was in deep trouble, but then Landon laughed it off (likely because company was over and he realized someone was witnessing behavior that appeared quite common for him) and then Emma cowardly laughed it off as well. I agree that Landon comes off very strange. His entitlement and arrogance is very off putting and I have a feeling that translates over into his parenting. There was also a vlog where the kids were telling Julie and Landon they hear them fight too much.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:23 am

10PumpsOfVanilla wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:10 pm

8passengers posted a vlog a few months back where Abby and Julie (little Julie) babysat for Landon and Julie.

It's startling this one 8 passenger vlog has more views than the Deru Crew has in a month. Their income must be vastly different due to a dad who is a tenured professor, Ruby has been lucky with YouTube and works harder by uploading vlogs more frequently. Ruby has also been able to renovated their home, yard and go on nice family trips. I wouldn't be surprised if Ruby's home is now paid for.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by natalka81 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:50 am

10PumpsOfVanilla wrote:
8passengers posted a vlog a few months back where Abby and Julie (little Julie) babysat for Landon and Julie. When Julie was showing the older girls what was in the fridge they could eat Emma was sneaking in to see as well and Landon grabbed her arm and the look on Emma's face was sheer terror. Like it happened a lot and she knew she was in deep trouble, but then Landon laughed it off (likely because company was over and he realized someone was witnessing behavior that appeared quite common for him) and then Emma cowardly laughed it off as well. I agree that Landon comes off very strange. His entitlement and arrogance is very off putting and I have a feeling that translates over into his parenting. There was also a vlog where the kids were telling Julie and Landon they hear them fight too much.

He definitely grabbed her quite hard but to be honest I watched it a couple of times and I didn't see a look of terror on her face. In any case, I completely agree that Landon comes off as extremely arrogant, and is squandering his family's financial security/future by dabbling around in school for years and years. After watching his very racist extra credit video for his MASTER LEVEL economics class I have lost respect for him.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Namm » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:11 am

10PumpsOfVanilla wrote:

Thank you for pointing that out so I'm not the only one imaging this about him. I have seen him do that to Cooper more than twice, drag him by the arm. Landon overreacts and gets angry when the kids acts like kids because he expects them to be perfect. Children can never be perfects as they are still growing and learning. Landon seems to have a lot of anger in him that he suppresses and fake smiles. It must come from his own childhood and the pressure of living up to a perfect Mormon.
I remember that we had a discussion about Emma looking sad, some thought it was her facial expression but I think that there's reasons for that. This is why they don't vlog that often because things would be exposed.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:21 am

I think Landon will continue going to school and not get a job. Someone is helping them out financially. If I was Julie I would go to work at least a couple of days a week to help out. I just hope they do not have any more children.
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:40 am

He's the "big 32, one day older and wiser too." Seriously? For uploading only three days a week, this vlogs and others are short. She could have filmed herself making Landon's cake if she had time to make one. ;)
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:08 am

Landen takes Cooper and Emily our on the jet ski, cooper is wearing his pool swimmy which is not a pfd. I wish these people would think about their kids safety once in while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Julie mentioned they had Twinkies on her birthday because they were camping. That wasn't the case with Cooper since she had access to a full modern kitchen where she could have baked a cake or Landon could bought a cake prior to leaving since they can stay good refrigerated for a while. I don't get a good impression of Julie in their vlogs with her excuses. Their children are around cousins who have elaborate birthday parties with beautiful cakes and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't notice this.
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Today was a good family vlog showing some family activities including Pioneer Days. I was surprised Julie didn't go swimming with Ruby in the evening, even being a bit tired, since this is a way to grow her channel associating with 8 passengers. Their delay in filming and uploading a vlog is two plus weeks. :? Does anyone have an idea what Landon is doing by staying home doing school work or research? Is this in preparation to reapplying to a PhD program next year?
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 am

YTIG60 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:31 pm
Today was a good family vlog showing some family activities including Pioneer Days. I was surprised Julie didn't go swimming with Ruby in the evening, even being a bit tired, since this is a way to grow her channel associating with 8 passengers. Their delay in filming and uploading a vlog is two plus weeks. :? Does anyone have an idea what Landon is doing by staying home doing school work or research? Is this in preparation to reapplying to a PhD program next year?
On Landon's IG Insta Story last evening, he has more bad news with a paper he was involved with was rejected after submitting it twice for peer review with a journal. I'm not sure if this research paper was important during this past year with getting into a graduate program or will it have any impact when he reapplies? Landon hasn't had much success when in med school, applying for jobs recently, being accepted into a PhD program, publishing this research paper and it hasn't changed his goals being a professor - doctor with a better lifestyle. :?
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:25 am

YTIG60 wrote:
YTIG60 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:31 pm
On Landon's IG Insta Story last evening, he has more bad news with a paper he was involved with was rejected after submitting it twice for peer review with a journal. I'm not sure if this research paper was important during this past year with getting into a graduate program or will it have any impact when he reapplies? Landon hasn't had much success when in med school, applying for jobs recently, being accepted into a PhD program, publishing this research paper and it hasn't changed his goals being a professor - doctor with a better lifestyle. :?
He’s not intellectual enough to even be in these programs. Just because you do the work doesn’t mean it’s good enough. Give it up Landon.

ICantEven
Informer
Informer

Post by ICantEven » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:45 am

I agree that professor is not the career for Landon, mostly because it's incredibly difficult for anyone to get tenure, and it would be minimum 10 years before he would have that job security. In 10 years he'll need to be thinking about paying for college for his kids.

But if he's worked on a paper with a professor, that they consider publishable, then he's not totally inept. It would help him get into a PhD program to have that publication. And 2 rejections is pretty normal in a lot of fields, so that doesn't mean anything. I think his IG story was pretty realistic in terms of expressing disappointment, but the rejection is just part of life and you just go back in the next day and try again submitting it to another journal.
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:59 pm

ICantEven wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:45 am
I agree that professor is not the career for Landon, mostly because it's incredibly difficult for anyone to get tenure, and it would be minimum 10 years before he would have that job security. In 10 years he'll need to be thinking about paying for college for his kids.

But if he's worked on a paper with a professor, that they consider publishable, then he's not totally inept. It would help him get into a PhD program to have that publication. And 2 rejections is pretty normal in a lot of fields, so that doesn't mean anything. I think his IG story was pretty realistic in terms of expressing disappointment, but the rejection is just part of life and you just go back in the next day and try again submitting it to another journal.
I agree with his career path being difficult to achieve at a time in life when his family depends on his job security and thinking he could pay for college tuition for four children may be difficulty with his own student loans. I doubt they can save for college on a YT income.
It is unfortunate he made the decision to not complete med school. He was 2.5 years in and he made it this far. I think he could have made it and instead took an easier academic route with a business degree. Seeing his extra credit vlog said a lot about his MBA program.
Landon talked about med school in a 2015 vlog and said what he "disliked was the fact that it seemed that everything we did in our lives revolved around me" and he is right. Yet, if Landon completed med school, he would be done or almost done with his residency. Julie would have her dream home too.
He needs a win and this is another rejection he seemed to handle pretty well. I think many in his position would start reevaluating their future with what has gone on in the past few months.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm

If he wasn't done with his residency, Julie wouldn't have her dream home yet. They would still be mostly living off her nursing income.
Residents don't get paid well...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:34 pm

lmmomSD wrote:If he wasn't done with his residency, Julie wouldn't have her dream home yet. They would still be mostly living off her nursing income.

I don't know the story about his med school career. I don't believe he would have left by choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm
If he wasn't done with his residency, Julie wouldn't have her dream home yet. They would still be mostly living off her nursing income.

I agree about the house and he would have student loan debt from med school. But he had potential to make more money than Kevin. I never heard he was let go from his med school program, just that he did better with the business side and struggled "a little bit" with the med side.
They would be better off now living off Julie's nursing salary. ;)
ICantEven
Informer
Informer

Post by ICantEven » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pm

YTIG60 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm
lmmomSD wrote:

I agree about the house and he would have student loan debt from med school. But he had potential to make more money than Kevin. I never heard he was let go from his med school program, just that he did better with the business side and struggled "a little bit" with the med side.
So was he in a dual MBA/MD program? I guess I thought he was in medical school, then left and went to the MBA program, and they didn't tell us any details about it. I assumed he did not leave by choice, and the MBA was a shorter program he could finish quickly.

And they absolutely would be better off living off Julie's salary as a nurse! I honestly have no idea how they are living at all right now... They can't have much YT income, and as far as we know, that's all they have.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Post by Refrigerator_Light » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:15 am

ICantEven wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:03 pm
YTIG60 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 pm
lmmomSD wrote:

So was he in a dual MBA/MD program? I guess I thought he was in medical school, then left and went to the MBA program, and they didn't tell us any details about it. I assumed he did not leave by choice, and the MBA was a shorter program he could finish quickly.

And they absolutely would be better off living off Julie's salary as a nurse! I honestly have no idea how they are living at all right now... They can't have much YT income, and as far as we know, that's all they have.
Per Julie’s InstaStories, her and Landon are going to Belize to scuba dive!!

It must be nice to dabble in academia for a decade, have 4 young kids, no house of your own and go on vacation?!

Landon needs to grow up, get a job and stop dragging his family along on his wild dreams.
Todays drama
Informer
Informer

Post by Todays drama » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:53 am

Going to Belize to scuba dive?! Unbelievable! Youtube must be paying more than we thought! This is going to burn Ellie's a$$ ! She wanted to go to someplace warm by the water, just her and Jared for their anniversary. Landon is lazy, he has a brother thats a firefighter, his dad has his own business and he is a wannabe doctor and never-ending student. What a disappointment! I think that house they are living in is a rental property that Landons father owns. They have 4 kids, Landon should use the degrees he has to teach H.S. or use them some other way to help support his family and pay off those student loans he's been racking up. He needs to grow already.
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:24 am

Does Landon have relatives that live in Belize?

YTIG60
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:13 am

Todays drama wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:53 am
Going to Belize to scuba dive?! Unbelievable! Youtube must be paying more than we thought! This is going to burn Ellie's a$$ ! She wanted to go to someplace warm by the water, just her and Jared for their anniversary. Landon is lazy, he has a brother thats a firefighter, his dad has his own business and he is a wannabe doctor and never-ending student. What a disappointment! I think that house they are living in is a rental property that Landons father owns. They have 4 kids, Landon should use the degrees he has to teach H.S. or use them some other way to help support his family and pay off those student loans he's been racking up. He needs to grow already.
Her IG message doesn't say anything about this being a sponsored trip? Without assistance, health care insurance alone would eat up their YouTube income. E&J did a vlog about a stressful call to their insurance agent because it is pretty expensive being a small business owner and this is why Jullie has worked in the past. So why do they think they deserves a second honeymoon at this time in their life when their job security is uncertain. With student loans and wanting a nice home, my guess is both of them should be working or did someone leave Landon money and this is how he has paid for school? It is a mystery.
Last edited by YTIG60 on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by nutbagmcgee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:14 am

His parents are paying. I guarantee it.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:34 am

nutbagmcgee wrote:His parents are paying. I guarantee it.
His parents helped to create a spoiled and entitled loser.

sheltiefan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sheltiefan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:39 am

Todays drama wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:53 am
Yeah I was shocked when they said where they were going! I was thinking the same thing-YT must pay better then I thought! :D Now you saying that they are living in his father's rental property which I assume means they aren't paying anything-may explain how some of their expenses were covered. Landon needs to get a job with the degrees he has! They seem to have no money problems so he can chase whatever dream he wants I guess! Plus in the assumptions vlog, they stated that there might be another child.
ICantEven
Informer
Informer

Post by ICantEven » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 am

What do we know about Landon's dad and real estate business? Also that his parents are paying for the trip?

I totally agree that their finances are baffling and they must be getting a lot of stuff for free. But I'm wondering what we know about his family to assume all this?

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”