Julie Deru: Part #2

Audrey240
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Audrey240 »

I never post or read on this forum, and honestly don’t know much about Julie, but I was scrolling through Bonnie’s Instagram trying to find a specific post, and instead I found this picture of poor Cody from 2014 of his face scraped up from a fall, and this is what Julie has to say about it. There is NOTHING funny about that. Poor boy must’ve been so scared and in so much pain and Julie thinks it’s funny??? How insensitive could she be??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Julie Deru: Part #2

Post by lmmomSD »

And gee, your kid has a banged up head like that and is throwing up, and you don't take him to the ER? It's a classic symptom of a head injury and increasing intracranial pressure.
The whole family is weird. Remember Ellie said she laughed at the birth vlog about Missy's labor with Finn?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Audrey240
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Audrey240 »

lmmomSD wrote:And gee, your kid has a banged up head like that and is throwing up, and you don't take him to the ER? It's a classic symptom of a head injury and increasing intracranial pressure.
The whole family is weird. Remember Ellie said she laughed at the birth vlog about Missy's labor with Finn?

Or when her baby stopped breathing twice and needed CPR and she didn’t even think to take him to the ER...Image
So bizarre...even if he was fine after the fact, I’d still be rushing there or calling an ambulance.

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kataja »

Audrey240 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:14 pm
I never post or read on this forum, and honestly don’t know much about Julie, but I was scrolling through Bonnie’s Instagram trying to find a specific post, and instead I found this picture of poor Cody from 2014 of his face scraped up from a fall, and this is what Julie has to say about it. There is NOTHING funny about that. Poor boy must’ve been so scared and in so much pain and Julie thinks it’s funny??? How insensitive could she be??

WOWZA!! If my sister commented like that to my child's injury, she would become very quickly disowned. WHO ON EARTH laughs at the child's pain. Sorry for that obvious question. Griffiths. They do laugh at pain. Bunch of child abusing maniacs. :( :x
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ba1006 »

Audrey240 wrote:

There's something very sick about this family. How can anybody find this funny, especially your mother? I suppose they laughed for days when poor Kate broke both her wrists.
YTIG60
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 »

ba1006 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:42 am
There's something very sick about this family. How can anybody find this funny, especially your mother? I suppose they laughed for days when poor Kate broke both her wrists.
I don't understand this family and this response from not just a mother, but a nurse.
On another note, it will be interesting to see what their house purchase will be. I still don't know how they've been able to qualify to finances it.
Josette
Talker
Talker

Post by Josette »

Welp, Julie has gone full-on Bonnie with her "link in the description" crap. Followed by the Deru Crew going to a water park full of people. Great idea, Julie & Landon!
Liz_444
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liz_444 »

Josette wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:50 pm

Welp, Julie has gone full-on Bonnie with her "link in the description" crap. Followed by the Deru Crew going to a water park full of people. Great idea, Julie & Landon!
Do you know if clicking on the video link above gives them views?? If it does, I'll just watch it on Invidious.
Josette
Talker
Talker

Post by Josette »

Liz_444 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:38 pm
Josette wrote:

Do you know if clicking on the video link above gives them views?? If it does, I'll just watch it on Invidious.
Depends on whether or not you have Adblock enabled. I do, but if you don't use Adblock then watch it on Invidious.
YTIG60
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 »

They are buying a home not up to code with egress windows, electrical and with the sloping towards the house, I’d be sure there hasn’t been water issues in the basement. They also can ask the owners for repairs to be done or a price reduction in the buying price. Oh, and Joel is not an electrician.
All these items sound like they need attention sooner rather than later = money. Their views are up a bit so that might help and they could increase their weekly vlogs upload schedule, but that would require them to work more.

Liz_444
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liz_444 »

Josette wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:34 pm
Liz_444 wrote:
Josette wrote:

Depends on whether or not you have Adblock enabled. I do, but if you don't use Adblock then watch it on Invidious.
Adblock will block the ads, so they won't get revenue from them, but doesn't block views. Invidious blocks the views (and ads). I'll just watch it on Invidious. I only watch vlogs that I want to support on YouTube.
Liz_444
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liz_444 »

Josette wrote:
Liz_444 wrote:
Josette wrote:

Adblock will block the ads, so they won't get revenue from them, but doesn't block views. Invidious blocks the views (and ads). I'll just watch it on Invidious. I only watch vlogs that I want to support on YouTube.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie »

The yellow Bollie dress looks way cuter on Julie than it did on Bonnie or Ellie. Prob because she’s a healthy weight and natural shape.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD »

They are NOT pretending Joel is an electrician?

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:They are NOT pretending Joel is an electrician? Image

Lol. My husband is an industrial electrician, and even he wouldn’t suggest he knows everything about bringing a house up to code. He could definitely do the work, but it isn’t his specialty so he wouldn’t be confident enough to sign off on it. Joel knows a little about a lot, but has a habit of biting off more than he can chew. His overconfidence has proven to be an issue, as we’re seeing with the meth house reno.

Joel is free. That’s all Julie and Landon are thinking.

Josette
Talker
Talker

Post by Josette »

Liz_444 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:38 am
Josette wrote:
Liz_444 wrote:

Just curious, but if I'm logged out of youtube (with Adblocker enabled) when I watch a vlog, will it still show up as a view?
Liz_444
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liz_444 »

Josette wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:02 pm
Liz_444 wrote:
Josette wrote:

Just curious, but if I'm logged out of youtube (with Adblocker enabled) when I watch a vlog, will it still show up as a view?
Yes
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Liz_444 wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 pm
Josette wrote:
Liz_444 wrote:

Yes
Do we know for sure that Invidious doesn't trigger a view? It was noted a long time ago on a thread (maybe GQS?), that it was determined not to be true at a certain point...or was that Hooktube? Invidious displays/tracks the views in real-time, so there is obviously still a continuous exchange of this data between the sites. I admittedly am not savvy in programming, but it seems it was designed to hide user data, not user access of the content. Which is why it is so cumbersome when you don't let the sweet sweet (evil) Google algorithm guide you gently to the exact video you don't even know you need (as it gathers your blood type and the name of your first born child). It seems impossible that YT would just allow ALL their videos to be saved on a separate database as they bleed data and revenue. How would Invidious even pay for Google-sized servers without any advertising revenue? A billionaire benefactor? It seems more likely that it acts like an embedded video where YT is fully aware "someone" is accessing the content and can even match up your IP with your existing account if you don't use a VPN.

I have no issue using it to watch new posts or linked videos if it provides value above an adblocker, but I have never been able to find what I needed in older archives without the algorithm, so I let starving them of ad revenue be enough. I do make sure to post any shared video saved at exactly the moment of interest, so that only seconds are watched and views aren't triggered.

But I still need to feed my sick compulsion to study/discuss this dysfunctional family, analyzing them through their narcissistic legacy of child exploitation. I can't do that if I can't find the video where Grandma Griffs shoves baby Ruby headfirst into a bed until she cries, or Grandpa Griffs hangs her by her neck in a swing.
imoverit
Informer
Informer

Post by imoverit »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:22 am
Liz_444 wrote:
Josette wrote:

Yes
Do we know for sure that Invidious doesn't trigger a view? It was noted a long time ago on a thread (maybe GQS?), that it was determined not to be true at a certain point...or was that Hooktube? Invidious displays/tracks the views in real-time, so there is obviously still a continuous exchange of this data between the sites. I admittedly am not savvy in programming, but it seems it was designed to hide user data, not user access of the content. Which is why it is so cumbersome when you don't let the sweet sweet (evil) Google algorithm guide you gently to the exact video you don't even know you need (as it gathers your blood type and the name of your first born child). It seems impossible that YT would just allow ALL their videos to be saved on a separate database as they bleed data and revenue. How would Invidious even pay for Google-sized servers without any advertising revenue? A billionaire benefactor? It seems more likely that it acts like an embedded video where YT is fully aware "someone" is accessing the content and can even match up your IP with your existing account if you don't use a VPN.

I have no issue using it to watch new posts or linked videos if it provides value above an adblocker, but I have never been able to find what I needed in older archives without the algorithm, so I let starving them of ad revenue be enough. I do make sure to post any shared video saved at exactly the moment of interest, so that only seconds are watched and views aren't triggered.

But I still need to feed my sick compulsion to study/discuss this dysfunctional family, analyzing them through their narcissistic legacy of child exploitation. I can't do that if I can't find the video where Grandma Griffs shoves baby Ruby headfirst into a bed until she cries, or Grandpa Griffs hangs her by her neck in a swing.
I love this post so much :lol: but yeah everything you're saying makes sense. I hate that I give Google all my information just because they provide by far the best (free) services.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 »

imoverit wrote:
Liz_444 wrote:
Yes

I love this post so much :lol: but yeah everything you're saying makes sense. I hate that I give Google all my information just because they provide by far the best (free) services.
We don’t get ads on it so I wonder just how it works. I will watch Julie on YT, but there were 4 ad breaks. Well one when it started and three more. All double ads I could not skip the first one which was a political ad each time. In fact I will now not vote for this candidate because I am so tired of their stupid commercial.
So if I watch in invidious I don’t get ads political or not.
Kattiness Everdeen
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Ducklings4 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am
imoverit wrote:

We don’t get ads on it so I wonder just how it works. I will watch Julie on YT, but there were 4 ad breaks. Well one when it started and three more. All double ads I could not skip the first one which was a political ad each time. In fact I will now not vote for this candidate because I am so tired of their stupid commercial.
So if I watch in invidious I don’t get ads political or not.
I cannot recommend a free adblocker strongly enough. It eliminates all ads on YT (and every other website), including most static and pop-up ads. It makes everything run so much more smoothly. Google can still steal your data and your soul, but you won't have to watch 20 min of political ads for the privilege anymore.
Liz_444
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liz_444 »

Hooktube started out viewing without giving youtubers views, but now they do.

As far as I know, Invidous does not. I already use an ad blocker, so the ads are not the problem....I was trying not to put change into their pockets by giving them views.
Josette
Talker
Talker

Post by Josette »

A Griffith Gal being responsible about child safety? Umpossible!

Surprise, surprise, surprise...Except for Lucy in the bike trailer the rest of the Deru Crew wore helmets during their bike ride.

On the negative side, it would have been nice to not film the obviously sad kids as they each packed up a box of their stuff in preparation for the move, but of course not filming them and letting them be sad in private lowers the vlog's view.
imoverit
Informer
Informer

Post by imoverit »

I enjoy seeing Julie laugh at herself when she knows she doesn't know how to pronounce a word. It's embarrassing for them all but at least she's conscious of it, the others misspell and mispronounce so confidently and don't seem to care. I'm excited to see their new house, I hope Julie takes advantage of this promising source of content (that doesn't involve using the kids) because I'd really love if her channel became more successful than her sisters lol. But I just don't think she quite has the personality (obnoxious & narcissistic) to have a huge and successful channel, she has issues too of course but she's a little too... normal, for that to really work.
gopedjane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gopedjane »

Audrey240 wrote:

This just shows that she is indeed as cruel and no better than any of the other Griffiths sisters.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”