Julie Deru: Part #2

Liz_444
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Julie Deru: Part #2

Post by Liz_444 »

Do you think they were paid by the lighting company? I just skipped through the vlog since it was soooo boring, but it just seemed like one long commercial.
If they didn't get the light free, they are fools to replace all that they did. Some of the old lighting was outdated, but most were just fine for their first home.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Happy+Charlie »

And the lights must have come to about that amount too. Would love a vlog on how they do it, with only one of them working a little on YouTube.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 »

I feel her pain having to wait a month for a new kitchen sink. I have been there. I believe all that black stuff was old dirty grease. The previous owners must have dumped everything down their drain. Previous owners of our old place did that and we had to dig up pipes under our driveway. It was awful. We had to clean our dishes in a bathroom sink. Luckily at the time, we owned a restaurant so our dinners came from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by imoverit »

It’s interesting how Lucy seems to have the same little voice and speech irregularities as her brothers. I wonder if they’ve all just learned that by growing up around each other? Hopefully hers isn’t as bad as the boys’ because their speech is pretty terrible, but Julie seems to be working with them on it patiently.
Josette
Informer
Informer

Post by Josette »

Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:17 pm I feel her pain having to wait a month for a new kitchen sink. I have been there. I believe all that black stuff was old dirty grease. The previous owners must have dumped everything down their drain. Previous owners of our old place did that and we had to dig up pipes under our driveway. It was awful. We had to clean our dishes in a bathroom sink. Luckily at the time, we owned a restaurant so our dinners came from there.

Victims of the previous owner's bad DIY job, but I agree that the black gunk looked like a combo of old grease plus decomposing food from heaven only knows how long ago.

On the plus side, Julie is making an effort to feed her kids a balanced diet, unlike Bonnie and her most recent all-veggie dinner that her sons obviously didn't like. Veggies and fruits are good for kids, but so are proteins and carbs and Bonnie's dinner provided none of those.
YTIG60
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 »

Josette wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:07 pm
Ducklings4 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:17 pm I feel her pain having to wait a month for a new kitchen sink. I have been there. I believe all that black stuff was old dirty grease. The previous owners must have dumped everything down their drain. Previous owners of our old place did that and we had to dig up pipes under our driveway. It was awful. We had to clean our dishes in a bathroom sink. Luckily at the time, we owned a restaurant so our dinners came from there.

Victims of the previous owner's bad DIY job, but I agree that the black gunk looked like a combo of old grease plus decomposing food from heaven only knows how long ago.

On the plus side, Julie is making an effort to feed her kids a balanced diet, unlike Bonnie and her most recent all-veggie dinner that her sons obviously didn't like. Veggies and fruits are good for kids, but so are proteins and carbs and Bonnie's dinner provided none of those.
She describes the problem as a clogged drain that appears to be due to the garbage disposal.
I"m not convinced if the problem is more recent with the garbage disposal Julie is using to throw food down in it. They've lived at this home for a while where she also could be the cause of plumbing problems. Fibrous vegetables shouldn't be thrown down a garbage disposal. I'm not a plumber, but it looks like she is talking about the P trap that does sit below the sewage line exit? I might ask Joel to take a look at it to see if he can do a temporary fix.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Happy+Charlie »

Nice house tour today. I wish she would finish the project in their bedroom and hide those lamp cords. Every time I see them, it looks like a lamp on a very thin base and stem, very strange.

Had to laugh, she said they are using paper plates due to their current situation with sink and "it's easier," which is valid. Too bad she can't influence Bonnie to only use them in emergency situations too--Bonnie's reason is laziness. She could also influence Bonnie on not shaming your children's behavior for millions to see. Julie mentions about taking legos away from one of the boys, due to issues they were working on. How nice now to expose him to everyone.

They should put curtains on those little windows in each of the kids rooms, sooner rather than later. That would creep me out, knowing it's ground level and anyone could be watching.
Liz_444
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Liz_444 »

Yea, I cringed when she said she tossed the salad down the disposal. You really are not supposed to put much down the disposal....this is coming from several plumbers I know. I have no idea why we have them if we can't put food down, but I have been following their advice and haven't had a problem since. I put little bits of soft food down, and rinse my plates off, but I would never put a bunch of salad down the disposal!
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by imoverit »

Liz_444 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:50 am Yea, I cringed when she said she tossed the salad down the disposal. You really are not supposed to put much down the disposal....this is coming from several plumbers I know. I have no idea why we have them if we can't put food down, but I have been following their advice and haven't had a problem since. I put little bits of soft food down, and rinse my plates off, but I would never put a bunch of salad down the disposal!
Yes let everyone with a sink disposal take this as a warning! We just had to pay a hefty price to fix ours, although it took about two decades to get to this point so that's not too bad. But the plumber said he would put nothing down it if it were his! I think it's more meant for small amounts like bits of food after you've scraped your plate into the trash can. Not the copious amounts of food and eggshells my mom was pushing down there :lol: I'm excited to see Julie's new counters, I hope she keeps the cabinets because I like them. I really like their kitchen. It does seem like she's gotten the bug from her sisters of feeling like she needs to have everything brand new and updated to her exact style, though. I feel like the living room could use a lot more color... lots of grey.
YTIG60
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by YTIG60 »

imoverit wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:59 pm Yes let everyone with a sink disposal take this as a warning! We just had to pay a hefty price to fix ours, although it took about two decades to get to this point so that's not too bad. But the plumber said he would put nothing down it if it were his! I think it's more meant for small amounts like bits of food after you've scraped your plate into the trash can. Not the copious amounts of food and eggshells my mom was pushing down there :lol: I'm excited to see Julie's new counters, I hope she keeps the cabinets because I like them. I really like their kitchen. It does seem like she's gotten the bug from her sisters of feeling like she needs to have everything brand new and updated to her exact style, though. I feel like the living room could use a lot more color... lots of grey.
Julie seems to be the only Griffiths sister that is happy these days and I believe she's really enjoying being a first-time homeowner. I don't know how they're doing a lot of their remodeling with not a lot of money, but I think Julie has focused on brand deals that are paying off? I said this more than once, but the house is very nice and the improvements are making it feel new (carpet, countertops, paint, etc). The home feels warm and inviting. A little more color with accessories would help and the Christmas tree is beautiful.
sheltiefan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sheltiefan »

YTIG60 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:55 am
imoverit wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:59 pm Yes let everyone with a sink disposal take this as a warning! We just had to pay a hefty price to fix ours, although it took about two decades to get to this point so that's not too bad. But the plumber said he would put nothing down it if it were his! I think it's more meant for small amounts like bits of food after you've scraped your plate into the trash can. Not the copious amounts of food and eggshells my mom was pushing down there :lol: I'm excited to see Julie's new counters, I hope she keeps the cabinets because I like them. I really like their kitchen. It does seem like she's gotten the bug from her sisters of feeling like she needs to have everything brand new and updated to her exact style, though. I feel like the living room could use a lot more color... lots of grey.
Julie seems to be the only Griffiths sister that is happy these days and I believe she's really enjoying being a first-time homeowner. I don't know how they're doing a lot of their remodeling with not a lot of money, but I think Julie has focused on brand deals that are paying off? I said this more than once, but the house is very nice and the improvements are making it feel new (carpet, countertops, paint, etc). The home feels warm and inviting. A little more color with accessories would help and the Christmas tree is beautiful.
July and even Landon have done brand deals, especially Julie. From what I understand they pay well for brand deals. Plus I think some of the remodels have been sponsored so that cuts down on the costs too.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”