Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Dysfunction

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Dysfunction

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I've noticed a lot of posts on all of the siblings' threads about Gma and/or Gpa Griff that begin with something along the lines of, "I don't know where to put this but..." so, I thought I would make them a thread of their own for any future mentions/inquiries.

If you're new, or unfamiliar with the Griffiths family, here's a family tree for reference:

Chad and Jennifer Griffiths - (married) aka Grandma and Grandpa Griffiths, mother and father of:

Ruby - (married to Kevin) - 8passengers

Beau - (married to Emily) - A Griffiths Life Vlogs

Bonnie - (married to Joel) - Bonnie Hoellein

Julie - (married to Landon) - Deru Crew Vlogs

Ellie - (married to Jared) - Ellie and Jared

Happy gossiping!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spelling error in title. - Kryptonite
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

I want to start out by asking if anyone knows how C&J went from living in a trailer park when Julie was born, to building their own home before bringing Ellie home? This always comes up in conversation, but I don't think we've ever actually discussed how little sense this makes.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I saw somewhere that Chad didn't get his degree until he was 30, I'm guessing he got his degree, got a better job and was able to afford the new house.
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

Who do you think Grandma and Grandpa's Griff's favorite grandchild is? I often wonder when I watch them interact with all the kids.

If I had to hazard a guess, I think I'd go with Olivia. She's sweet and low maintenance.
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:Who do you think Grandma and Grandpa's Griff's favorite grandchild is? I often wonder when I watch them interact with all the kids.

If I had to hazard a guess, I think I'd go with Olivia. She's sweet and low maintenance.
Shari for sure out of the girls imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I think Shari & Chad have a special place in Gpa & Gma's hearts that no other grandchild will have, being that they were the first 2 of so many.
I can also see Olivia being very special to them. It's hard for me to pick who I think a favorite might be because we don't see them all together with the grandparents very often, and that's when favoritism really comes out.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Gosssshh the way Jennifer talks just drives me up the wall. I don't know why it's so irritating, but Bonnie's newest vlog was so hard to watch because of it. Ruby talks the same way, but not as badly as Jennifer. It's not even an accent...they like, over pronounce certain letters or something. Can anyone else put their finger on it?
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Gosssshh the way Jennifer talks just drives me up the wall. I don't know why it's so irritating, but Bonnie's newest vlog was so hard to watch because of it. Ruby talks the same way, but not as badly as Jennifer. It's not even an accent...they like, over pronounce certain letters or something. Can anyone else put their finger on it?
Ignorance with a splash of Idaho?

sostinkincute
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sostinkincute »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Gosssshh the way Jennifer talks just drives me up the wall. I don't know why it's so irritating, but Bonnie's newest vlog was so hard to watch because of it. Ruby talks the same way, but not as badly as Jennifer. It's not even an accent...they like, over pronounce certain letters or something. Can anyone else put their finger on it?
I think a lot of it is how they talk to the kids.. it's like they have to speak a certain way to the children. Ruby is REALLY bad at this when talking to Eve and Russel... she definitely gets it from Jennifer because she talks the same way to all the grandkids and sometimes just in general. It's like they over articulate to the point it sounds completely different. It's so frustrating.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I die everytime I hear one of them say "don't cha?" Because all I hear is Gma Griff
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I think we'll be seeing more of the origins of dysfunctions through their own vlog. Did ya'll see they have a channel of their own now?
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

amyfalafal wrote:I think we'll be seeing more of the origins of dysfunctions through their own vlog. Did ya'll see they have a channel of their own now?
Did anyone (Ellie, Bonnie, Ruby) announce this? They have so few subscribers.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I wonder who edits these. In one of the descriptions it reminded me of Joel’s writing style lol

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

amyfalafal wrote:I think we'll be seeing more of the origins of dysfunctions through their own vlog. Did ya'll see they have a channel of their own now?
OT Side Note: After reading your post, I realized my embarrassing spelling error in the title and was wondering why spellcheck didn't catch it?? Apparently both "dis" and "dys"-function are in the dictionary and have the same meaning? Lmao. Now I just feel itchy and uncomfortable looking at this title because I've only ever seen/spelled it as "dys." So, I'm sorry Image English is hard. I promise I know how to spell. Lollll
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

calliepaige84 wrote:I wonder who edits these. In one of the descriptions it reminded me of Joel’s writing style lol

Lmao, I know. Writing in third person on your own video is weird. If Joel hadn't have done the same thing, it would appear narcissistic to me. Like, would you write in third person on your own IG or FB post? No, of course not. So why is this a thing on YouTube? So odd. Haha
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
OT Side Note: After reading your post, I realized my embarrassing spelling error in the title and was wondering why spellcheck didn't catch it?? Apparently both "dis" and "dys"-function are in the dictionary and have the same meaning? Lmao. Now I just feel itchy and uncomfortable looking at this title because I've only ever seen/spelled it as "dys." So, I'm sorry Image English is hard. I promise I know how to spell. Lollll
Eh, not a big deal. "Dys-function" is the highly preferred homonym. The version with a "y" comes directly from Greek and the version with the "i" filtered from Greek through Latin. Considering the amount of their/there/they're abominations on these boards I don't think anyone will be bothered. Also Chad and Jennifer can be considered the origins of "Griffiths English" with all of its peculiarities so your title may be more fitting than you expected.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I want to start out by asking if anyone knows how C&J went from living in a trailer park when Julie was born, to building their own home before bringing Ellie home? This always comes up in conversation, but I don't think we've ever actually discussed how little sense this makes.
The church might have helped as well. I remember that Ruby and Kevin had taken a loan for their first house with some help from the mormon church. I believe that the church encourages the members to portrait a certain family life style that looks good on the surface, like owning a house and if you can't afford one then there's som arrangements with help "loan" from the church i think...
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Boring vlog.. Im looking forward to more so we can see where the girls get their weird "well my momma used to do this so I do this" habits.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Snoozefest vlog again.. The kids all convinced them to start vlogging and so they're vlogging, subscriptions coming from their children's (except Ellie's) vlogs and instagram posts, so they're making money off their kids. They wont make it anywhere but I've said it before that the only reason why anyone of us would watch them is to see where Ellie gets her weird habits from.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I'm not a fan of the Griffin's but would love to watch another channel centered around a married couple with grown children. Are there any you all known of?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”