Julie Deru: Part One

bam
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by bam »

i watched julie's latest vlog after someone in the e+j thread mentioned that she showed a princess-y attitude similar to what ellie did at walmart and i think the differences were that 1) she was overwhelmed with 3 crying kids...she even said she was close to tears at sam's club. and 2) she actually acknowledged that she overreacted.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

I watched some of their videos. Her husband lacks personality and seems like a kind of angry person. I wonder if they plan to move back to Utah to be near her family.
AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

Julie looks like Ellie and sounds just like Bonnie. They're all similar though, I think Bo (Beau?) looks just like Ellie, too.
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

bam wrote:i watched julie's latest vlog after someone in the e+j thread mentioned that she showed a princess-y attitude similar to what ellie did at walmart and i think the differences were that 1) she was overwhelmed with 3 crying kids...she even said she was close to tears at sam's club. and 2) she actually acknowledged that she overreacted.
I though it was really rude that she filmed that guy :? Even though she acknowledged that she overreacted and that's good, I though why didn't she delete that footage? Julie and Beau (and their partners) doesn't seem to have what it takes to make it in youtube, they post things that aren't interesting or overshare bad stuff of their day (like Beau's anaesthesia video).
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I found it interesting that Julie revealed that "they" are now pursuing an MBA and no longer in med school. On her blog entry of Oct. 5, 2013 she revealed that Landon decided to seek an MBA. Does anyone really know what's been happening for the past 2 years? Also, is/was Julie ever a Registered Nurse? She comes across to me as very naive and immature.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ellie said in tons of vlogs that "they were in medical school". This would be 2014, if not 2015. An MBA wouldn't be medical school, even if they also had a medical program there.... still calling it that would be more misleading than implying they are both in medical school.

So confusing
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

So he was working on the MBA at least May 2014. He was also going on medical missions. Is he an RN?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^Interesting . That's a lot of school.

The MBA is at a different Univ in Kansas though. Not the one mentioned above. I can't remember which one you mentioned before...
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

So basically the whole medical school thing was a lie?? Pardon if I missed something. It's midnight and I've been up since 6 AM....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

zipadeedodah wrote:So basically the whole medical school thing was a lie?? Pardon if I missed something. It's midnight and I've been up since 6 AM....

If they have said it since last spring it appears so...yes. Maybe not a lie, but a big mislead.

You know, like calling it a play date when it's a babysitter Image

Makes the whole "Julie is in medical school" statement look a lot less innocent IMO too.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Kryptonite wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:
zipadeedodah wrote:So basically the whole medical school thing was a lie?? Pardon if I missed something. It's midnight and I've been up since 6 AM....

If they have said it since last spring it appears so...yes. Maybe not a lie, but a big mislead.

You know, like calling it a play date when it's a babysitter Image

Makes the whole "Julie is in medical school" statement look a lot less innocent IMO too.
Wait... Where are you getting a lie from? In August of 2014 Landen returned to KCUMB (medical school as she says) according to Julie.

Just trying to figure this out lol.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
From her blog. The post from May 12, 2014. She mentions the Uni he is getting his MBA from and it's not KCUMB. So he goes there still too?

He really needs to pick a profession and stick with it!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Aha! He's doing an MBA concentrating on Healthcare Administration. Not exactly medical school IMO.

I'd post how I figured it out, but don't want to break any privacy rules.

ETA: he started the MBA in Jan of 2014. So when Ellie explained the "Julie in medical school" thing (pretty sure that was when J visited Apr '14), neither were actually in medical school.
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sarah

Unread post by sarah »

I'm guessing that they are calling pursuing his MBA "medical school" since it's in the medical field. ??? Although, I don't know because of her last T'giving vlog that mentions the switch from med. school to MBA.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Lol, he is also super active with the Boy Scouts. Super sweet, and good for him, but he nearly blew his face up throwing gas on a fire!

#BadDenLeader
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I had assumed Landon was perusing an MBA, then switched to med school, then switched back to the MBA. I get the vibe he wasn't doing great in med school, and that's what prompted him to go back to the MBA idea. I don't know if it's still there, but a while back there was a video on the Deru's channel saying Landon was going to repeat that med school year due to less than stellar grades.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:I had assumed Landon was perusing an MBA, then switched to med school, then switched back to the MBA. I get the vibe he wasn't doing great in med school, and that's what prompted him to go back to the MBA idea. I don't know if it's still there, but a while back there was a video on the Deru's channel saying Landon was going to repeat that med school year due to less than stellar grades.
Well that's definitely not what I look for in a doctor!

As a hospital employee myself I can say with absolute certainty that Health Administrators are not medical professionals. They look at things from more of a business standpoint, and not one with a patient care focus. I would never consider that medical school, and would actually side eye the heck out of that IRL.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Double post, but I saw another weird thing in Julie's blog. She mentioned Jennifer took a bath with the 3 year old (don't remember her name) and she pooped in the bath (so gross!). Is it weird for a grandma to bathe with her toddler grandkids? It seems very odd to me!
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

This is all just WTF to me. I'll give Ellie and Bonnie a pass because they can only say what Julie tells them about Landon's schooling, plus they might just be confused (my mother-in-law used to tell people I was in grad school when I was actually in a post-baccalaureate program...not the same at all, which I reminded her of frequently lol)

If Landon switched to an MBA program in January 2014, then why did he say he's in medical school in this video from December 2014? Or did he go back to medical school and then a year later switched back to MBA again???

[youtube][/youtube]
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Ok, double post...sorry. What an odd, confusing timeline lol.
sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Double post, but I saw another weird thing in Julie's blog. She mentioned Jennifer took a bath with the 3 year old (don't remember her name) and she pooped in the bath (so gross!). Is it weird for a grandma to bathe with her toddler grandkids? It seems very odd to me!
I wouldn't be okay with that. But maybe they are.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”