Matt and Em Vlog: Part One

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Matt and Em Vlog: Part One

Unread post by staceymj »

I am so curious to know how they are paying their bills. They have 42,000 subs which is minuscule in the grand scheme of YouTube and they average 2,500 views per vlog (some go up to 4K which is still small). They cannot be generating much income from YouTube, how are they paying their bills and raising three kids off YouTube? Matt seemed smarter than to quit his job, but I guess not. I'd love a peek into their income lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

staceybrax wrote:I am so curious to know how they are paying their bills. They have 42,000 subs which is minuscule in the grand scheme of YouTube and they average 2,500 views per vlog (some go up to 4K which is still small). They cannot be generating much income from YouTube, how are they paying their bills and raising three kids off YouTube? Matt seemed smarter than to quit his job, but I guess not. I'd love a peek into their income lol

Unemployment? Savings? Mom and dad? Your guess is as good as mine. But it doesn't leave much for saving for college and retirement.

I have older adult children and I would be concern if I saw one or more that wasn't working and/or trying to make it on YouTube especially if they had families...or expected their wife to provide for the family.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

The Mecham parents lost their home and one of the reason could be that they've been helping their grown up children with money or something...
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

tratra58 wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I am so curious to know how they are paying their bills. They have 42,000 subs which is minuscule in the grand scheme of YouTube and they average 2,500 views per vlog (some go up to 4K which is still small). They cannot be generating much income from YouTube, how are they paying their bills and raising three kids off YouTube? Matt seemed smarter than to quit his job, but I guess not. I'd love a peek into their income lol

Unemployment? Savings? Mom and dad? Your guess is as good as mine. But it doesn't leave much for saving for college and retirement.

I have older adult children and I would be concern if I saw one or more that wasn't working and/or trying to make it on YouTube especially if they had families...or expected their wife to provide for the family.
This comment rubs me the wrong way. Why is it okay for a wife to expect the husband to provide for the family but not vice versa? In the case of some families it is the norm for the wife to me the main breadwinner.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

aral12 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

This comment rubs me the wrong way. Why is it okay for a wife to expect the husband to provide for the family but not vice versa? In the case of some families it is the norm for the wife to me the main breadwinner.

I don't see anything wrong with the wife being the main breadwinner if that is what works for them, but it is interesting that in the case of Matt and em neither of them could be considered a main breadwinner at the moment.
I guess it's most interesting to have the woman as the main breadwinner in a Mormon family because they are very traditional in their gender roles, men provide and women raise the kids and are homemakers.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

aral12 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

I agree...you make a good point. I think it was the vlog that gave me the impression how hard she worked. Yet, it is their decision and it works for many families having dad at home.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Another road trip which seems like the kids are starting to live in their car. Will their children be homeschooled adequately with traveling to this extent. I don't know how they cover all these extra expenses with hotels and eating out.

Can they live off YouTube income. I still doubt it. Health care cost, feeding a family, mortgage, utilities all add up. Add to this saving for college and retirement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Matt and em are live now. Tons of questions of people asking if Matt quit his job over and over and they just skip over it and answer every other question. There is also someone spamming asking if they can FaceTime Ellie and Jared. Lol[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... b079ae.jpg[/img]

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201704 ... 316b76.jpg[/img]

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't think they'll ever actually admit Matt quit his job even though it's blatantly obvious. I'm sure they'd get a lot of comments on it. I still think it was the stupidest idea and I do wonder how they manage financially.

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Matt's clearly been pissed about something these past few days... so much so that they missed their first video in 3 years. I'm so curious what's got his knickers in a twist, lol!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

staceybrax wrote:I don't think they'll ever actually admit Matt quit his job even though it's blatantly obvious. I'm sure they'd get a lot of comments on it. I still think it was the stupidest idea and I do wonder how they manage financially.

Bonnie and Joel did this for a while, but eventually they and really Matt would have to admit when dad is home, he isn't working! I am unsure how they manage, but perhaps they qualify for government/employee benefits i.e. unemployment or some health insurance assistance? I wonder if Matt was let go and that is why he hasn't admitted to not working. It seem like a sudden change when they went on a spur of the moment road trip for I think like a month. Joel, I believe did say something since some speculated he was let go and he decided to tell viewers it was his choice to leave his employer and the whys.

Their channel has seen little growth after trips to siblings etc... I think after a few years full-time vlogging, the dream to be like E+J isn't likely to happen. I also question the homeschool situation?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I caught up on a few vlogs and they were cringe worthy with safety issues. Why is a stay at home parent unable to get to Cub Scouts on time and realize while on the way to this meeting their oldest didn't have shoes on. Then actually go into the meeting with no shoes on. I would have turned around, headed home and next time he would have remembered to wear shoes. Instead he is rewarded with a treat after the scout meeting. Another vlog shows Carter using a nail gun who is too young. What's the rush with this diy project getting done with unlimited time at home and the thumbnail is Kids plays with nail guns. Not a very responsible vlog and it was his #1 tag. Add to this Em feels bad about being out with the girls when Matt is home working with the kids and he put all the kids to bed. Working is now doing diy projects?
galaxy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by galaxy »

This video popped up on my facebook feed. At 17 seconds, is that Matt?

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

galaxy wrote:This video popped up on my facebook feed. At 17 seconds, is that Matt?

I went and screen caped it. If you look in the far left corner, it says their YouTube channel name. So it is Matt. Image

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Strawberry26 wrote:
galaxy wrote:This video popped up on my facebook feed. At 17 seconds, is that Matt?

I went and screen caped it. If you look in the far left corner, it says their YouTube channel name. So it is Matt. Image

Sorry but it doesn't look like Matt at all, (maybe a lookalike)...
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I watch a few vlogs where nothing ever changes. There still under fifty thousand and I think people have stop asking if Matt quit his job. It makes me wonder how much YouTube really pays when you see someone support a family of five with a small channel.
AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

Namm wrote:
Strawberry26 wrote:

What? It looks just like him, because it is him...

The question is why is he in a video about stepdads? lol
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

AutumnLeaves3 wrote:
Namm wrote:
Strawberry26 wrote: I went and screen caped it. If you look in the far left corner, it says their YouTube channel name. So it is Matt. Image

What? It looks just like him, because it is him...

The question is why is he in a video about stepdads? lol
That's what I'm thinking too Image he is not a step dad. Unless he got paid for that little clip of the video.

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Ok, sorry my bad. I Don't have facebook so i only looked at the picture. Looks like a commercial, maybe the're bringing in more money then we think, outside their youtube channel.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”