Griffiths' Grammar

minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Griffiths' Grammar

Unread post by minmouse »

The Griffiths grammar and spelling is so horrendous! I just watched an old throwback video on Ruby's channel titled Signature Wave. She put a note in it that says "I tauch piano for 4 years". WHAT???? Tauch? It's taught you idiot. Good Grief. They should be ashamed of themselves.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

lmmomSD wrote:
TurtleFOD wrote:I don't think it's fair to pick on pronunciation because it is just their accent and the world would be boring if everyone spoke the same way.

However their written English is horrendous Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suppose you're right. But that dropping the "t" in words and the "ing", like Ellie says "ea-in" for eating, just makes me twitch. Bonnie did it today talking about curtains. She called them "cur-ins". I 've been told it's a mountain state accent, but it seems like a lot of vloggers do it. I guess I'm just a snob.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I'm from a place where this is all incredibly common. I was a snobby kid who read a lot, so I conditioned myself to drop those speech habits, as I didn't want strangers to think I was just another uneducated hick. I thought someday it might matter. In reality? The Griffiths are ea-in little snacks on camera, getting rich, and their ability to spell and pronounce words has been no more of a hindrance to them than it has been a help to me. It doesn't matter at all.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

^ Ignorance is bliss, right?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

It's LEAVES Ellie, not LEAFS! I believe that is taught in elementary school. Maybe she should enroll with Jackson when the time comes... she sure didn't learn much the first time!
Gossip-Union16
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Gossip-Union16 »

Yesterday I watched some of the old Griffith Christmas videos on Ruby's page. It made me cringe! Julie was presenting her Christmas haul, and started each sentence with "I got me a ...." She sounded so redneck! Made it even worse that the kids all received guns for Christmas. I live in Australia so the gun culture her is a lot different to the US!
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

Sorry not related to Griffiths grammar l know... l looked and l don't see a Griffiths related vlog that's an appropriate place for this question. I am sick in bed and watching old YouTube vlogs. Their sibling vlog came up....is it me or does BEAU NOT SEEM LIKE A CLOSETED GAY MAN? He's the one sibling whose channel l never watch. I know there's no way he could be open if he had any homosexual inclination (with their very rigid religious beliefs) but HELLO. I see people talk on Ellie and Jared's forum about how Jared seems to show subtle insinuations he may be a closeted gay....but he looks so masculine compared to Beau. How does this family not see this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Just so you know, there is a comparison thread for the Griffiths. I don't watch Beau's channel, so I can't answer your other question.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

lmmomSD wrote:Just so you know, there is a comparison thread for the Griffiths. I don't watch Beau's channel, so I can't answer your other question.

I missed that thread sorry. I don't watch Beau either. Just had sibling vlog with all 5 siblings pop up today and it stood out to me. Sorry...of course Taptalk won't let me delete my comment unless l am missing something?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

jaynshann wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Just so you know, there is a comparison thread for the Griffiths. I don't watch Beau's channel, so I can't answer your other question.

I missed that thread sorry. I don't watch Beau either. Just had sibling vlog with all 5 siblings pop up today and it stood out to me. Sorry...of course Taptalk won't let me delete my comment unless l am missing something?

No worries. I can't post the link on my tablet. I can post it for you tomorrow.

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

jaynshann wrote:Sorry not related to Griffiths grammar l know... l looked and l don't see a Griffiths related vlog that's an appropriate place for this question. I am sick in bed and watching old YouTube vlogs. Their sibling vlog came up....is it me or does BEAU NOT SEEM LIKE A CLOSETED GAY MAN? He's the one sibling whose channel l never watch. I know there's no way he could be open if he had any homosexual inclination (with their very rigid religious beliefs) but HELLO. I see people talk on Ellie and Jared's forum about how Jared seems to show subtle insinuations he may be a closeted gay....but he looks so masculine compared to Beau. How does this family not see this?

To be honest, something seems off about all of the men in the family, except Joel Hoellein. It seems like Beau is overly attached to his parents, for a grown man at least.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Here's the link to the Comparing the Griffiths thread:
http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?t=8970

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
jaynshann
Informer
Informer