kittykat
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Off-Topic Banter Part 2

Unread post by kittykat »

Here ya go.

FYI, as y'all go through these topics, we'll lock the old one and un-sticky it then make a new one, so the previous ones are still around just not at the top.
RTR!
mariahsmom
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 2

Unread post by mariahsmom »

So what is wrong with self-promotion?

Unread post by Guest »

Her mom has actually grown on me.
PrettyGirl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PrettyGirl »

If you were allowed to then that's all that people would do.
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

There's a self promote thread in one of the other sections. Go look for it.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Why are you so curious about self-promo? Hahahha.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just found this on Facebook!!

http://lolzbook.com/2013/08/pregnant-teen-logic/

The FB group that shared the link is: When I Was Younger, I Put My Face Close To The Fan To Hear My Robot Voice

Is Allyshia(sp?) that famous? Did someone find her on YT?

up all night, got demons to fight
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

Whoever did that is taking things way too far and acting much more immature than Allyshia has.
whatsername_

I think it's just a coincidence.
Either that or someone really hates her.

Taking it too far? Have you seen the mommy meme tread?
I've made some and I don't think it's too far. But I wasn't doing it maliciously.
PrettyGirl
Talker
Talker

Bhahaha! Someone said go find Tayler!
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:I think it's just a coincidence.
Either that or someone really hates her.

Taking it too far? Have you seen the mommy meme tread?

I've made some and I don't think it's too far. But I wasn't doing it maliciously.
I think its just a coincidence.

People ask for this kind of stuff when they pictures up online for the public to see and use. They knew what they were getting into. Just like the pictures we have shared. Anybody could come along and use them. We may never know at all or later on find them again with writing etc all over them.
namaste
Talker
Talker

Unread post by namaste »

Can I ask for some advice? :( I don't have too many "real life" friends I could ask about this hahaha

I've been dating my boyfriend for 3 1/2 years. No cheating, breakups, huge fights. We are a very stable couple. Both 21, both working full time. I make ~20k and he makes ~30k. We've lived together for 2 years in a beautiful 2br apartment. I'm a senior in college as well.

Lately, I've really been thinking about TTC. What do you think about my situation? I've talked to my SO about this briefly but never too serious, yet. We say things like, " can't wait to start a family" and things like that and he has expressed verbally he thinks about TTC.

I just was looking for some advice :( thanks. Sorry I wrote a book!
PrettyGirl
Talker
Talker

Go for it!
Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Littlewaltz »

namaste wrote:Can I ask for some advice? :( I don't have too many "real life" friends I could ask about this hahaha

I've been dating my boyfriend for 3 1/2 years. No cheating, breakups, huge fights. We are a very stable couple. Both 21, both working full time. I make ~20k and he makes ~30k. We've lived together for 2 years in a beautiful 2br apartment. I'm a senior in college as well.

Lately, I've really been thinking about TTC. What do you think about my situation? I've talked to my SO about this briefly but never too serious, yet. We say things like, " can't wait to start a family" and things like that and he has expressed verbally he thinks about TTC.

I would say think about it and talk with him about it. You may find that there are still things one or both of you might want to do before making that commitment. You will be a mom for life and your freedom is gone for the next 14-15 years at least. Ever wanted to take a vacation or do anything that would be better without a baby? Maybe he does? I would be 100% sure that you have reached and accomplished everything you want to do as a young adult first. I understand some women are born to be mothers and couldn't care less about those things but it wouldn't hurt to sit on it for awhile longer and see what he thinks.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am and my attitude depends on who you are.

Unread post by Guest »

What happened to getting married and enjoying being newlyweds for a while?
namaste
Talker
Talker

Unread post by namaste »

Littlewaltz wrote:
namaste wrote:Can I ask for some advice? :( I don't have too many "real life" friends I could ask about this hahaha

I would say think about it and talk with him about it. You may find that there are still things one or both of you might want to do before making that commitment. You will be a mom for life and your freedom is gone for the next 14-15 years at least. Ever wanted to take a vacation or do anything that would be better without a baby? Maybe he does? I would be 100% sure that you have reached and accomplished everything you want to do as a young adult first. I understand some women are born to be mothers and couldn't care less about those things but it wouldn't hurt to sit on it for awhile longer and see what he thinks.

Thanks. We took a trip to Italy last year because we saves up for it and felt like we deserved it. My best friend always says that she won't have kids until she's visited at least 5 different countries. Traveling is really important to both of us... I'm just totally stuck on this and don't know how to talk to people seriously about it. My dad just had another child 2 months ago at age 42, wife is 36. Mainly I think my family will think I'm immature or something :/ thanks for replying, though! I appreciate it so much. I really needed to vent about how I'm feeling lately :)
namaste
Talker
Talker

Unread post by namaste »

OhReallyNow wrote:What happened to getting married and enjoying being newlyweds for a while?
I'm not sure if you think I ever said that, but marriage isn't something that is really "important" to me. I think too many people get married because they have children and I don't agree with that. Too many marriages in my life have failed. My parents both have 3 failed marriages in their belts. That's just my opinion though. I obviously WANT to get married eventually, but don't think it is necessary to start a family...
whatsername_

If you think it's a good idea for you, then go for it! Just make sure you and boyfriend are on the same page. :)
Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Littlewaltz »

namaste wrote:
Littlewaltz wrote:

Thanks. We took a trip to Italy last year because we saves up for it and felt like we deserved it. My best friend always says that she won't have kids until she's visited at least 5 different countries. Traveling is really important to both of us... I'm just totally stuck on this and don't know how to talk to people seriously about it. My dad just had another child 2 months ago at age 42, wife is 36. Mainly I think my family will think I'm immature or something :/ thanks for replying, though! I appreciate it so much. I really needed to vent about how I'm feeling lately :)
Up until recently I had the opinion that I didn't want children ever, but that has changed. Things can change so I wouldn't do it based on social pressures and family. Even when I was not wanting children I still got baby fever, we are programmed to want children and that it totally fine and normal however whats good for the goose isn't always good for the gander if you get what I am saying. Traveling with a baby is NOTHING like traveling as a couple. I would make a "before we have a baby list" and compare that to your want of babies and see which one comes out on top and which compromises you are both willing to make.

Best of luck!
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am and my attitude depends on who you are.

namaste
Talker
Talker

Unread post by namaste »

That's a really good idea! Thanks for the advice. I feel kind of stupid asking on here , but I know you girls would give the best advice. I promise I'm taking this seriously. I know it has to do with baby fever at this age. I'm just anxious to get my life started, I should relax and enjoy these last few free years :) thanks again.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”