Off-Topic Banter Part 2

whatsername_

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 2

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Selling food in target? It's a grocery store, lol.

Unless you mean the Starbucks and concession stand-esque thing where they sell personal sized Pizza Hut pizza?
America likes food.
/shrug
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by blackbetty »

That's actually strange to me. When I was a kid, there was NO food at Target. Then they started carrying some basics like snacks and cereal but no dairy or produce. Then maybe my senior year of high school we got a Super Target.

I also remember a time when Walmart didn't carry food here. Weird.
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

whatsername_ wrote:Selling food in target? It's a grocery store, lol.

Unless you mean the Starbucks and concession stand-esque thing where they sell personal sized Pizza Hut pizza?
America likes food.
/shrug
It wasn't always a grocery store! When I was a kid they had clothes and home goods and toys etc but you mainly went to standalone grocery stores for food.
#FreeBen
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

We can Thank again. Still getting lost on here but it's a step in the right direction.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wish we could thank from mobile!
#FreeBen
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

What we can't? I'm usually on mobile. Crap.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

thegooseiscooked wrote:Lol, the one I can't get over is selling food in Target. That blows my mind.
I'm happy they do. If I go there and I want a coffee, I can just grab some Starbucks lol. A lot of Stop and Shops (grocery stores) around me have Dunkin Donuts. Almost always make a stop.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

cakewalked wrote:Ashleigh you and your Kanye shrug ;)

Once you start you just can't stop. Hahaha.
I guess my age is showing, I don't remember target/walmart never selling groceries. :?
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Here Target is purely clothes, toys, makeup and home wares. No food, it isn't a grocery store at all.

I don't think we have any shops at all where you can do your supermarket shopping and on the way out buy, for example, a TV. Oh..maybe Costco but I don't shop there because it isn't convenient for me and you have to be a member. I think it costs like $60 a year.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

thegooseiscooked wrote:Here Target is purely clothes, toys, makeup and home wares. No food, it isn't a grocery store at all.

I don't think we have any shops at all where you can do your supermarket shopping and on the way out buy, for example, a TV. Oh..maybe Costco but I don't shop there because it isn't convenient for me and you have to be a member. I think it costs like $60 a year.
That's how Target used to be here! Years and years ago haha. I'm pushing 30.
#FreeBen

Unread post by Guest »

When walmart started making super walmarts, my mind was absolutely blown!!!! Now, that's all they make!

Then, imagine my shock when Target did a super target, hahaha.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OhReallyNow wrote:When walmart started making super walmarts, my mind was absolutely blown!!!! Now, that's all they make!

Then, imagine my shock when Target did a super target, hahaha.
Same! Lol! I remember the Super Target being pretty new still when I was pregnant with my oldest :X

Now the new thing around here is Super Quiktrips. (I believe they are called gen 3 Quiktrips) BEST GAS STATION EVER. They are widespread here and they are branching out to other places but if you don't have a Quiktrip and ever have am opportunity to go, DO IT OMG. If I left my hometown for good, the thing I'd miss the most is Quiktrip. Then Nuway. Then my family =P
#FreeBen

Unread post by Guest »

SUPER QT's?!?!? MY MIND HAS JUST BEEN BLOWN!

KAPOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! (that was my mind blowing up)
My dad said he would shop at the QT if they sold produce and meat, hahaha. Every time we go by a QT, my GPS makes this magical chime to let us know.
Boorads
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boorads »

Yaaa!! The Thank button is back :)
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Boorads, you were my first, how was it for you my darling?
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I like Target's grocery section better than most grocery stores. They have a bigger selection of products!

Unread post by Guest »

I had a roommate in college that said if she had twins, she would name them Rad and Boorad. I always think of her saying that when I see Boorad's name, haha.

And since this is the Off Topic banter, I can share that silly memory.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OhReallyNow wrote:SUPER QT's?!?!? MY MIND HAS JUST BEEN BLOWN!

KAPOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! (that was my mind blowing up)
My dad said he would shop at the QT if they sold produce and meat, hahaha. Every time we go by a QT, my GPS makes this magical chime to let us know.

THEY ARE SO AMAZING. They are always super clean and well staffed and stocked. Here, they give law enforcement free coffee and fountain drinks so there is a heavy police presence which makes them really safe. They are well lit, they have a huge selection, they are just amazing. I will go out of my way to go to Quiktrip every time. They have 59 cent fountain drinks all summer too!

This tells a little about gen 3 Quiktrips. http://www.kansas.com/2012/03/08/224609 ... clude.html
#FreeBen

Unread post by Guest »

We interrupt this drama and frustration filled day to bring you ORN's new puppy:

*fingers crossed that the code works*
I just wanted to break up with some "feels." She is going to be a therapy dog as well, so that's why we are getting her young.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I WANT TO HUG IT!
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”