Off-Topic Banter Part 2

FLOSSY77

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 2

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

annat88 wrote:Go watch the video "99 Balloons" on YouTube and rethink that thought. Spending even minutes with your child versus ending their life would always be my decision. You never know how long you may have with them, what you may be taking away. Vanessa's Lily is a great example. She wasn't supposed to live and Vanessa was urged to end her pregnancy. Lily is over a year old now. Yes she has health issues but she has life.
99 Balloons is a tear jerker. Just thinking of that video makes cry.
annat88
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by annat88 »

I keep thinking about this and it is upsetting me. Are you saying we should abort all pregnancies where a child is thought to be disabled? What's the criteria for "selfishly" continuing a pregnancy vs "rightfully" doing so? Babies/people with disabilities don't deserve to live?
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

cakewalked wrote:this is where i depart. not getting into this one ladies ;)
Same here. Had enough fun this week. ;)
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

annat88 wrote:I keep thinking about this and it is upsetting me. Are you saying we should abort all pregnancies where a child is thought to be disabled? What's the criteria for "selfishly" continuing a pregnancy vs "rightfully" doing so? Babies/people with disabilities don't deserve to live?
Do I think all? Nope. Do I think some people like tayler should? Yes. People like tayler will never be able to care for a child like lily and should never carry one out. Tayler is selfish and would never give the baby up for adoption. The right thing to do would end the pregnancy. People who are not financially ready to support it either shouldn't as well.

Everyone will have their own opinion on what selfishly or rightfully continuing a pregnancy will be :). I have my opinions and you have yours :).
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

I think the question should be what kind of life quality the baby would have outside uterus. I am not saying life short lived due illness isn't just as valuable, but personally, I would like to think I wouldn't be as selfish as to bring a baby into this world KNOWING he/she would suffer horrendous pains. Some actually say that it doesn't matter as it's what the baby is used to when born, pain that is, but I beg to differ. Not knowing any other does not equal not painful.

Each to their own though. This is all I have to say on the topic.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MakeupGirly wrote:
subject99 wrote:
MakeupGirly wrote:I had McDonald's for breakfast for the first time today and I really cannot understand how some people can enjoy getting breakfast there everyday....bleurgh.
What did you order??
I got a sausage and egg McMuffin meal, which comes with a hash brown, orange juice and tea. There was grease running onto my fingers....
Would not be my choice for breakfast but we had to stay close by and it's the only place around there. My stomach has been gurgling ever since :P
Hopefully your stomach feels better. I've had McDonald's breakfast before. I love ordering the pancakes on shrove Tuesday :).
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

FLOSSY77 wrote:
Uhm, I'm staying out of this as well. I already expressed what I wanted.. The most important thing is that it's the woman's choice, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm going to say ONE thing, though. PLEASE, let's not say things not based on reality, mixing up apples and oranges.

Turner syndrome is one thing. Polysomies are other issues, with other prognosis, with other details.
Cerebral underdevelopement and related issues are a completely different thing.

I personally know people who in similar situations chose different things. So I'm really supportive of EITHER decision. Really. The most important thing is the support to the mother.
But like I said, please let's not start sneezing rainbows like "see? your baby will be like Lily, doctors are always wrong, stay in denial because there's going to be a miracle". The situation is personal and delicate. Let's just not.
up all night, got demons to fight
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I've had McDonald's for breakfast before. It's...eh. Not my absolute favorite. I do prefer Dunkin Donuts, even after working there. Though I definitely don't eat there as much as I used to.

P.S: The eggs at Dunkin Donuts? They come to the store in prepackaged frozen eggs that just need to be heated. They are not made in the store for your dining pleasure.

The drinks are fine though, they're not healthy for you but I think you know that if you're ordering a latte with extra syrup lol. Oh but watch out if you order decaf. If we were out of decaf, we just gave people regular. I'm not saying all do this, but I know we are not the only ones.
TaylorKnows

sleep84 wrote:
FLOSSY77 wrote:
Uhm, I'm staying out of this as well. I already expressed what I wanted.. The most important thing is that it's the woman's choice, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm going to say ONE thing, though. PLEASE, let's not say things not based on reality, mixing up apples and oranges.

Turner syndrome is one thing. Polysomies are other issues, with other prognosis, with other details.
Cerebral underdevelopement and related issues are a completely different thing.

I personally know people who in similar situations chose different things. So I'm really supportive of EITHER decision. Really. The most important thing is the support to the mother.
But like I said, please let's not start sneezing rainbows like "see? your baby will be like Lily, doctors are always wrong, stay in denial because there's going to be a miracle". The situation is personal and delicate. Let's just not.
I suppose I agree with not generalizing. Things could go wrong, but I wasn't trying to say the baby would definitely be okay because of Lily or Corbin, but there's a chance. But you're right. I'm also not against a mother choosing to abort if that's what she wants, I just don't think if someone chooses to carry a baby even though they know what Bree knows, they should be told their selfish. That doesn't sit right with me. To each their own. But that's the end of my opinion on the subject
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Grace, you have what Caleb & I call "The McGurgles" hahahaha.

As for Bree's situation, you do all realize that you're describing eugenics? You know who was a super huge fan of eugenics?
Hitler.
[Eugenics is the theory and practice of improving the genetic quality of the human population.[2][3] It is a social philosophy advocating the improvement of human genetic traits through the promotion of higher reproduction of people with desired traits (positive eugenics), and reduced reproduction of people with less-desired or undesired traits (negative eugenics).]

I got that from google, it explained it better than I could.

I believe everyone should have a chance at life and to take that away because another human says they have whatever percent chance to live is selfish.
Doctors may be educated, but... they do make mistakes.
Calling Bree selfish for wanting to do what she thinks is best for her child is a little wrong.
Let her have faith that her little one is going to be okay, there's really no harm in that.
annat88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annat88 »

whatsername_ wrote:Grace, you have what Caleb & I call "The McGurgles" hahahaha.

As for Bree's situation, you do all realize that you're describing eugenics? You know who was a super huge fan of eugenics?
Hitler.
[Eugenics is the theory and practice of improving the genetic quality of the human population.[2][3] It is a social philosophy advocating the improvement of human genetic traits through the promotion of higher reproduction of people with desired traits (positive eugenics), and reduced reproduction of people with less-desired or undesired traits (negative eugenics).]

I believe everyone should have a chance at life and to take that away because another human says they have whatever percent chance to live is selfish.
Calling Bree selfish for wanting to do what she thinks is best for her child is a little wrong.
Let her have faith that her little one is going to be okay, there's really no harm in that.

Like button.
TaylorKnows

cakewalked wrote:McGurggles lmfao. I stopped eating McDonald's after I stopped eating meat. But I do like a nice meatless breakfast McGriddle every once in a blue moon. But yeah that shit can make you feel nasty as fuck, especially if you're not used to it.
I think that's what it is. I don't eat it that often, so I feel weird when I eat it too. My mom, on the other hand, eats their breakfast often, so it's like she's immune. If you eat there enough, the taste I guess doesn't bother you.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

The thanks button is back! Woohoo!
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

whatsername_ wrote:Grace, you have what Caleb & I call "The McGurgles" hahahaha.

Hitler.

He got one thing right.
But to each their own :).
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

TaylorKnows wrote:I've had McDonald's for breakfast before. It's...eh. Not my absolute favorite. I do prefer Dunkin Donuts, even after working there. Though I definitely don't eat there as much as I used to.

P.S: The eggs at Dunkin Donuts? They come to the store in prepackaged frozen eggs that just need to be heated. They are not made in the store for your dining pleasure.

The drinks are fine though, they're not healthy for you but I think you know that if you're ordering a latte with extra syrup lol. Oh but watch out if you order decaf. If we were out of decaf, we just gave people regular. I'm not saying all do this, but I know we are not the only ones.
Hahahaha I had to google dunkin doughnuts.
Did the states have robin doughnuts? We use to have that. But you guys spell it donut. So it might be Robins Donuts.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

They serve eggs at Dunkin Donuts?

I just can't ever go to America. Apart from missing my beloved letter "u" too much, I would be way too confused by all the choices on offer.
TaylorKnows

Yes, eggs are a big part of the money they make. Egg sandwiches on just about any bread with or without meat and cheese.
thegooseiscooked

Then why do they call it Dunkin Donuts?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Because they also sell coffee and donuts?

(we don't have Dunkin Donuts here anymore D: )
#FreeBen
thegooseiscooked

Lol, the one I can't get over is selling food in Target. That blows my mind.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”