Off-Topic Banter Part 3

TaylorKnows

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 3

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

Aw I love those secret Santa/grab bag type deals! My friends and I did one sophomore year. So much fun!

That's a cute box. :) and you can't go wrong with candy.
TaylorKnows

Speaking of, my mom's present came today...in a huge obnoxious box which I now must try to hide. I really love it. Carousels are one of her favorite things. Candles are another.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

A kaleidoscope?

Christmas decoration?

Decorative hurricane lamp with candle inside? They're still all fairly female gifts.

In other news today, Justin Bieber is not a popular young man in Melbourne this morning. He turned up an hour and a half late to his own concert. Given the majority of the audience were school aged children, most of them had left and are demanding refunds this morning. He's arguing that that is the nature of pop concerts and that it is standard in other parts of the world. Ha! Good luck with that. Not on a Monday night in Melbourne. We don't do diva here. You get your arse on stage on time.

Not that I was there. My daughter can't stand him. It's all over the news and radio. We're gonna send that little punk home with his tail between his legs.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by subject99 »

Well don't send him back here to Canada we don't want him either.
thegooseiscooked

Hey, you made him! You keep him.

Lol, well anyway, I bet he won't be back here anytime soon. Nothing worse than having a whole city of 13 year olds pissed off at you.
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Emcee »

Hi ladies, I just need some advice.
Today, I found out my ex's younger brother has passed away. My husband since day 1 has always asked me to not to talk to him, because he's really jealous.
Today when I found out I couldn't believe it, I was in shock, he was only 18 years old. So, I made the mistake of telling my husband, and he absolutely freaked on me. He started telling me that he didn't care, and neither should I. All I did was tell him, I didn't say I wanted to contact my ex.
Anyway, he's really mad at me and just keeps ignoring me. But, I don't think telling him was such a bad thing. Was it?
:love2:
TaylorKnows

He's not gonna be able to leave Canada soon...he's pissing the whole world off slolwy.
thegooseiscooked

MC30 wrote:Hi ladies, I just need some advice.
Today, I found out my ex's younger brother has passed away. My husband since day 1 has always asked me to not to talk to him, because he's really jealous.
Today when I found out I couldn't believe it, I was in shock, he was only 18 years old. So, I made the mistake of telling my husband, and he absolutely freaked on me. He started telling me that he didn't care, and neither should I. All I did was tell him, I didn't say I wanted to contact my ex.
Anyway, he's really mad at me and just keeps ignoring me. But, I don't think telling him was such a bad thing. Was it?
I can kind of see this from both sides.

On one hand, it is shocking when an 18 year old dies. Especially someone you knew. Were you very close with the family?

On the other hand, my husband doesn't like to talk about my past relationships either so I don't. They weren't particularly meaningful relationships to me so it's no big deal. I don't keep up with what their families are up to so I pretty much wouldn't know or care if this had happened to them.

But to be throwing a hissy fit and not speaking to you is pretty immature. He's got an issue with jealousy obviously. If possible, I would sit him down and explain that it has nothing to do with the ex but that you are shocked and upset that someone you know died so young. I would then tell him that his behaviour has been very hurtful, insensitive and selfish when all you wanted was probably a cuddle, bit of sympathy, weren't we lucky to find each other ...etc...and then move on.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”