Off-Topic Banter Part 3

TaylorKnows

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 3

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

Sending good thoughts her way. <3
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

ClutchthePearls wrote:If you are the praying kind I have a prayer request for a very close friend of mine. She needs prayers and guidance right now. She is 17 weeks pregnant with her 3rd baby with her husband and they found out recently the baby has trisomy 18 and will not make it. She is struggling with what to do. She has the option of carrying the baby to term and more than likely having her be stillborn and if she does live it will be, at most ,a few months and she will have no quality of life...the doctors also said she has the option of going to a state next to ours and having an abortion since legally in the state we live in you can't have one past 13 weeks I believe. She is really struggling with the decision and I just think she really needs prayers right now. I hate that this is happening to her she is a really good person and doesn't deserve this.. but then again no parent deserves this. I am sure she would really appreciate the prayers and good thoughts right now !! :(
Your friend is in my thoughts. What a horrible thing to be going through. <3
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Doctors are human! They don't have the final say.

Prayers and good thoughts being sent her way. <3
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by blackbetty »

Well guys, with a heavy heart I come to share the news that I found out today that an old friend of mine and his 2 year old son (also a 21 year old girl with her almost 2 year old son) were all killed in a house fire on Tuesday. So sad. I didn't know the girl, but my friend was such a kind guy. I haven't seen him in a couple years and now I never will randomly run into him again. :( sad. If you're a believer and you have some prayers to spare, I'm sure their friends and families can take all the thoughts and prayers they can get.
#FreeBen
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

So I went to my pain clinic appointment on Wednesday afternoon and the father of my children was watching our children. Well on Thursday night at about 11:30pm he decided to infirm me that he decided to give our daughter milk when SHE can't bloody have it. He knows her doctor has already reported and recorded her as lactose intolerant but he disagrees and says no. She she was grunting and felt the need to give her milk to help her poo. Since then I couldn't figure out why she has been having such gas , bloat/bloating, farting , every fart there is some watery poo in her diaper, at least 4 poo on Thursday. Then that night he tells me. Like you're kidding me right. Then all day today the poor girl is so bloated, keeps farting, still some watery poo, only 3 pood this time. It's been very stressful these past few days on top of my jaw pain, getting my medication for pain/ migraines. Stressing over Christmas. Now having to deal with this idiot going against what not only myself and what the doctor has outlined for myself to avoid for our daughter he even wrote out stuff for me to avoid when making and buying her food. My poor baby girl. He doesn't even care what he has done. He still believes the doctor and myself are wrong. I stopped breast milk at 12 months and started mixing breast milk with almond milk. She was okay then added more almond milk. Was a no go. So back to breast milk. Which was coming to a low supply in the freezer. So and I was back on meds so I had to find something fast. Anyways. I tried mixing in coconut milk with breast milk and a no go. Tried breast milk then she rejected that. So finally my doctor just told me to buy stage 2 Gerber soy formula. So at 13/14 months she was put on formula at he didn't like that due to the cost. He wants her on milk because formula is too expensive. For a person that DOESNT pay child support at all or give ANY money at all. Why the fuck do you care if she is on formula or not? Ugh!
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by placebo »

Garnier's mineral deo completely broke the skin on my armpits. The rash is nasty. Never had this happen before with any deodorant before. I googled, and apparently many others have had the same reaction to the same deo. Ladies, do stay away.

Clutchy, I hope your friend strength for whatever decision she makes as none of them are easy.

subject99, ahh that sucks. In Finland, they sell lactose free milk which I currently have on my coffee as well. It's cheaper than formula I think, as it's only roughly 40c more expensive here than a regular litre of milk.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

placebo wrote:Garnier's mineral deo completely broke the skin on my armpits. The rash is nasty. Never had this happen before with any deodorant before. I googled, and apparently many others have had the same reaction to the same deo. Ladies, do stay away.

Clutchy, I hope your friend strength for whatever decision she makes as none of them are easy.

subject99, ahh that sucks. In Finland, they sell lactose free milk which I currently have on my coffee as well. It's cheaper than formula I think, as it's only roughly 40c more expensive here than a regular litre of milk.
It does because he is so stupid. The poor girl. It's not her fault and she is suffering because he is an idiot. He wonders why he can't be unattended with her. When he is he does stupid shit like this. They sell lactose free milk here as well but not homogenized. They sell everything but that! Go figure. They sell lactose free chocolate milk but not 3.25.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Ugh...what an ass.

It's not much of a solution but what about if you sent along pre-mixed bottles/cups of formula so that he doesn't have to put any effort into it?
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

And here I thought Finland didn't have anything. I hope you can find a easier option for the formula, keep looking! :)
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

thegooseiscooked wrote:Ugh...what an ass.

It's not much of a solution but what about if you sent along pre-mixed bottles/cups of formula so that he doesn't have to put any effort into it?
He truly is. My brothers and father are holding back very hard from killing him.

The odd time she does go over to his mothers house (he still lives at his mothers house with his other brother there too). They are real loser. He lives with his mother, brother and himself in a one bedroom apartment. My son goes over and my daughter rarely goes over. She only goes over when I need to get lots done like groceries, doctors Appts, sometimes the odd 1 hour nail appt. I try to get him over at my house though for this stuff. More room for the kids at my place.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I'm sorry I haven't said anything to the people who have been having tough times lately. I am really bad at emotional support. I mean terrible.I hope things look up and I'm sorry for your losses over the past week.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

placebo wrote:And here I thought Finland didn't have anything. I hope you can find a easier option for the formula, keep looking! :)
I'm okay with just staying on the formula. My goal was to breast feed for 12 months and I reached that goal. We tried almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, soy milk and all were a no go. I'm okay with paying 39.99 a can every couple days. I buy at shoppers drug mart and use their rewards system. I only buy the formula on the double the points days or the 20x the points days and them redeem my points on formula to get "free " formula. I am redeeming tomorrow. I am getting 210.00 worth of formula tomorrow for free.
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

That's one reward system then. We don't have anything like that in Finland. Occasionally we get "collect 6 over priced stamps to buy bed linen for 50%" lol
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Umm wtf. Idk what to even think about this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VolcomCherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by VolcomCherry »

I seen that a few years ago! ^
Gross right.

Odd how GG are experiencing technical difficulties and we are perfectly fine over here =D
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

:lol: Karma's a bitch
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

placebo wrote:That's one reward system then. We don't have anything like that in Finland. Occasionally we get "collect 6 over priced stamps to buy bed linen for 50%" lol
It's actually the best in Canada. It's really great once you get to working it. I've only had the card since February 2012 and have 346,990 points. I only buy on extra points days. To get more for my dollar and more in the end. I made shoppers my bitch.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

Big hugs to anyone's going through hard times and losses. Dark times.. :(

@subject99: You DO have a humongous deal of patience, girl!

I never tasted peanut butter in my life! lol
That's the most interesting thing of all, when people talk about food or recipes and half the time I have to google to figure out what it is.

If you say 'half and half' the only thing that I can think of is a block of butter made of half real butter and half margarine.
No Kool Aid or anything similar (I think), Cool whip or many other weird fake cheese-ish products... completely unheard of.

I'm definitely going to try to make pumpkin pie once! :D

Oh, we don't have Kale (just the ornamental purple kind)! Or cramberries!

We have lots of patriarchy and unemployment though! Yay! *sarcastic moment, sorry!* :)
up all night, got demons to fight
ClutchthePearls
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ClutchthePearls »

hjl226 wrote:Umm wtf. Idk what to even think about this
I saw that about a year ago and my jaw was pretty much on the floor reading it. I tried to google to find out if its real because I want to hope its fake but uhh everything I found about it says its real but there aren't that many things about it in google search. I dunno its been a year since I looked so maybe they have more about it now !! Soooo weird though.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sleep84 wrote:Big hugs to anyone's going through hard times and losses. Dark times.. :(

@subject99: You DO have a humongous deal of patience, girl!

I never tasted peanut butter in my life! lol
That's the most interesting thing of all, when people talk about food or recipes and half the time I have to google to figure out what it is.

If you say 'half and half' the only thing that I can think of is a block of butter made of half real butter and half margarine.
No Kool Aid or anything similar (I think), Cool whip or many other weird fake cheese-ish products... completely unheard of.

I'm definitely going to try to make pumpkin pie once! :D

Oh, we don't have Kale (just the ornamental purple kind)! Or cramberries!

We have lots of patriarchy and unemployment though! Yay! *sarcastic moment, sorry!* :)
Hahaha thanks! I'm very nervous about spending 95,000 points today. All my hard work and planning for this day. The value if 95,000 points is normally 170 but today is 210 last year was 220 and year before was 250 but I've a very long time for a reward and with the holidays money is tight and I would like to give lots of gifts and have lots of formula for my daughter so I see it as saving money on formula. I'm getting six cans for 239. I'm only paying for one can so it's a great deal today. It's a weird rewarding feeling. It may sound crazy to a few of you but I've saved a lot working this reward system.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”