Off-Topic Banter Part 5

whatsername_

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 5

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Same lol I've been keeping my distance and mostly lurking. I just don't have much to say.

I've got a lot going on.
I actually had a run in with the police a few days ago. When I get on a computer, I'll post more. And no, I wasn't arrested.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

ORNS is ALIVE!! Yay!
FLOSSY77

whatsername_ wrote:Same lol I've been keeping my distance and mostly lurking. I just don't have much to say.

I've got a lot going on.
I actually had a run in with the police a few days ago. When I get on a computer, I'll post more. And no, I wasn't arrested.
So no on bail money? lol I want to hear this story! I have a lot going on. I find a little babble on here is good for me though.
whatsername_

FLOSSY77 wrote:
whatsername_ wrote:Same lol I've been keeping my distance and mostly lurking. I just don't have much to say.

I've got a lot going on.
So no on bail money? lol I want to hear this story! I have a lot going on. I find a little babble on here is good for me though.

So basically, I have this friend who lived about... eh... an hour from me who had severely abusive parents. Emotionally, physically - you name it. Well, I decided it was time to break him out. He's 19, so he's legal and I told him I was coming to get him.
So Saturday after I got off of work, I went to go get him.
His parents greeted us and we said that I was a friend from high school, isn't necessarily a lie. So we go in his room, gather his things and take them out of the house and put them into my trunk.
His parents begin questioning him, and he talks to them for a moment, or rather argues with them. I had brought Caleb with me just to be safe.
My friend gets into my vehicle and his parents follow him, blocking it so he cannot close the door.
At this point I'm in the driver's seat, and I'm not saying a word - it isn't my place.
His mother then grabs him and begins hitting him.

You'll be happy to know that I lost my shit. :-) I turned around so fast in that driver's seat, I'm shocked I didn't break my neck. I raised my voice, but I didn't curse which I'm shocked about. They then began to claim they were going to call the police, because my friend had taken his laptop.
They claimed it was their's and told me they were going to call the police on us for theft.
At this point I'd asked about 10 times for them to step away from my vehicle. They kept demanding I open my trunk, which, legally I had no obligation to do so.

I asked again for them to get away from my vehicle and they refused, so what do I do?
I put my car in drive, and I fucking GO. The door shuts, and thankfully, my car has an automatic locking system - once it hits 10 mph, it locks on it's own.
My friend's father hits my vehicle.

I immediately dial the police and am connected to the sergeant. He tells me to meet him at the jail. So I do.
Caleb, my friend and I all give our accounts of what happened and my friend is told he has the right to press charges. Domestic assault. Which he has decided not to do anything with, because he never wants to have contact with those horrible people ever again.

The police officer had a good chuckle and told me that my friend's father had said that I was the "meanest little girl" he'd ever encountered. :)
And he told me I did the right thing in driving off and that it could've escalated further.
He had pulled my records, seen they were squeaky clean and knew that whatever my friend's parents said was going to be false, mainly because they claimed that we took over $2000 worth of technology from their home. Which...we didn't, lol.

My friend is staying with me for a month until he moves to New Jersey to be with his girlfriend. He's legally changing his name and is no longer going to contact anyone from his family for obvious reasons.
We're all safe, and I have the officer's card - so if anything proceeds, I have the opportunity to file charges against them as well. :)

So that was my weekend, lol.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Yue195 »

Wow, you are a superwoman Ashliegh. Your friend is lucky to have someone like you as a friend out there.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
whatsername_

Thanks ladies. I'm glad he's safe too. :)
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Well, this isn't big news but I'm pretty happy about it. Today I went and bought a phone and make a plan with it on my own. I'm pretty proud.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Sorry cakewalk, your boyfriend doesn't seem like he knows what prioritize.
FLOSSY77

Yue195 wrote:Wow, you are a superwoman Ashliegh. Your friend is lucky to have someone like you as a friend out there.
Yes. Good job. Happy the friend is going to be doing better.
FLOSSY77

^ Is it a family trip? If so, that might be one those things you keep your cool about. But totally bring up later for another instance, nice guilt trip. lol
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

cakewalked wrote:
Yue195 wrote:Sorry cakewalk, your boyfriend doesn't seem like he knows what prioritize.
His family DID plan the trip before we started dating. I'm not about to ask him to not go just for one day. It's just real irritating.
Oh, then nevermind.

Trigger warning for Ashliegh since I need to know what to do.

My sister's friend is basically family to us and we love her.

At dinner I saw she had cuts up her forearm. I didn't say anything but two days ago I asked my sister what was wrong with her.

Apparently she is having issues with her body, she thinks she is fat when she healthy and she just keeps working out and eating very little, like a tomato or a leaf of lettuce and drinks liters of water a day. And when she binges on junk she hurts herself over it. First she was picking at sores from bug bites but she has gone further. I don't know how to go about it since and I don't know what to tell my sister, I tried telling her to call a helpline for her and talk to someone on how to help her friend ( no one trusts school counselors) and she keeps saying that then her friend will be mad. Now I'm just stuck in limbo over it.
whatsername_

Responding anyway since I'm doing a little better than I was when this was brought up in past times, thank you for the trigger warning though.

Its easier to feel anger than it is to feel guilt. Her friend will be angry.
I had something similar happen when I was 15, my ex boyfriend actually called my mother during one of my suicide attempts.
I was angry for MONTHS because it was easier for me to be angry than it was for me to feel the guilt and all of my selfishness.
But I got help. My mom put me into therapy and I was okay for a while.
I even told my mom, myself, about 14 months later about my self harm and got further help that made me quit for 2.5 years. And I'm currently working on quitting again.
I would talk to the friend, she may not get angry at all and just want someone to listen to her.
Or, please talk to your parents. Someone older you can trust.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I just feel bad because I've been there and have hurt myself but I just don't know how to go around it. She is like a little sister to me and hearing how fat jibes have gotten to her to the point she has hurt herself from eating makes me angry about a certain thread on the website that I have been avoiding it so I don't blow up about it. I think next time she is over I will talk to her and see where the root of this problem is. She isn't fat, she's a young girl who has had assholes for friends (not my sister) and wankers from from school and morons from social media thinking it's totally okay to call her names and make fun of her body when it's still changing and none of the puberty magic happens til 18 anyway.
gossip_lover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by gossip_lover »

I used to love visiting this site, but all the moms have gotten soo boring :( are there any new moms that vlog and aren't so boring? I like when we find a crazy one that likes to stir up drama lol
Also happy Mother's Day to all you mommies on here.
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Ya I really want to find some more dramatic Mom's to follow.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

*shrugs* kind of funny though, last year must of been year of the crazy.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”