Off-Topic Banter Part 5

LizLee30

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 5

Unread post by LizLee30 »

Hi ladies,

So my mum's 50th birthday is in December and I'm going to take her whale watching for it, but they recommend you go in June or July, so my question is whether I should take her this June or the June after her birthday? Either way, it's 6 months out from her birthday but I don't knowwww. Which one?
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Maybe tell her on her birthday that you're planning the trip and she can help plan it with you, and you can go next year.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Uh...so...is raising chickens becoming a trend? Because two of my Facebook friends just bought chickens. And if so, what do you do with them, besides eat their eggs? They both got a whole bunch of chickens. And they're pets, they're not going to eat them or anything.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

A house near us has chickens. I don't know the family but I see them near us. Oh and someone in my New England by the sea town owns llamas. It's an odd sight.
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by HeyItsCourtney »

cakewalked wrote:I've just never encountered it like this before, you know? bleeeh.
Do you think she could handle it? My cousin just had an abortion a few weeks ago and the mental and emotional strain it's put on her is more than she can handle at this point, now she has to go to therapy. She couldn't deal with seeing newborns out and about without feeling extremely guilty and wondering "what if?" The "what if" game is really dangerous in this situation and when babies are all around, it can be tough. It's a constant reminder. I really feel for you in this situation, it's a tough call to make. :(
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

HeyItsCourtney wrote:
cakewalked wrote:I've just never encountered it like this before, you know? bleeeh.
Do you think she could handle it? My cousin just had an abortion a few weeks ago and the mental and emotional strain it's put on her is more than she can handle at this point, now she has to go to therapy. She couldn't deal with seeing newborns out and about without feeling extremely guilty and wondering "what if?" The "what if" game is really dangerous in this situation and when babies are all around, it can be tough. It's a constant reminder. I really feel for you in this situation, it's a tough call to make. :(
This. I have a good friend (went out with her for my birthday Sunday night even) who had an abortion with her boyfriend of a year. They stayed together for four years. They made the decision together and she started to change her mind but didn't want to go back on their agreement and went through with it. I kinda helped her cope the first few months when she was just a wreck. She's still devastated over it to this day. It was 6 years ago.
#FreeBen
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

fossilfinger wrote:Uh...so...is raising chickens becoming a trend? Because two of my Facebook friends just bought chickens. And if so, what do you do with them, besides eat their eggs? They both got a whole bunch of chickens. And they're pets, they're not going to eat them or anything.
Chickens eat your weeds.

They poop good healthy chicken shit all over your gardens.

They keep bugs and pests at bay.

They give you eggs.

Fantastic! Wish I could have some but our council doesn't allow it.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

My city just gave out 300 chicken permits!
Which is an absurd number because I live in the largest city in the US land-wise.
Lots of people lined up for days and stuff.
I'd love to have chickens. It's not weird to see them walking around in my area.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

^^^ are you in jax watsername? We live really close :)
whatsername_

ladybug wrote:^^^ are you in jax watsername? We live really close :)
Maaaaaybeeeeeeeeee ;)
Are you like St. Auggie?
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I think my brother is really serious about joining the National Guard or Marines after he graduates. I'm really proud of him and he's talked about it for years but it's real now and scary in a way since it's so close (2 years). He wants to be in law enforcement to, so I guess it'll help him there.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

Omg Olaf has finally been sent!!!! Been waiting since march 18th. Right when the movie came out. I ordered him once I opened the movie and got the code inside. Only took over a month.
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Cake, my friend is already trying to get pregnant again trying to fill that void. The bf didn't want her to get the abortion but supported her decision because she was so sure it was the right thing to do. She'll always have +1 kid in her mind no matter how many children she has. She told me it's a regret that you can never take back and no matter how many kids come afterward, she knows she'll never feel complete. She wishes she would've given him/her up for adoption instead. It all just sounds like a lifetime of feeling incomplete and it breaks my heart for anyone having to deal with it.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

.... Well, I want to throw this in. I know two people who have had an Abortion, one was my cousin. When I talked to both about, neither was upset about their decision. My cousin and her boyfriend were 18 and 17. No proper job, rocky relationship, no money (my aunt had to fork the bill). A baby would of just caused more issues. She doesn't regret it, she was able to get her learning finished, get a house, build her relationship ( though they have broken up now but still on good terms ) her baby is her dog. The other, her relationship was abusive and no child could grow up in that enviroment, she doesn't regret it either. The thing with abortion, YOU have to be dead set SURE this is the right way.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah it's really tough and unfortunately it's a situation that you won't know how you'll handle it until you've already gone through with it. I can't say that I'd handle it well no matter how sure I am of my decision or how strong I am. You just don't know, and that's why it's so scary. But at the end of the day if she knows she's making the right decision, she needs to hold on to that.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

cakewalked wrote:I can understand with both of those situations that bringing a child in would not be good for the child or the parents. It's such a hard topic.

I know. My best friend is pro-life ( not the psychotic kind ) we basically have an agreement the topic is never brought up. I know how she feels, she knows how I feel. Still best friends.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
whatsername_

I am pro-life, but I would ever in 1 million years look down on someone who is considering an abortion. Especially if they were my friend. I would love them regardless and support however I could, even if that meant going with them to their appointment if they needed me.

But I would also take a child from someone who didn't want them. I would pay their medical expenses, and then adopt the baby. Only if they wanted to proceed, of course. I know I'm only 20, but it would be the right thing to do.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I feel like there are a lot of people who are pro-choice but would never have an abortion themselves. I am one of those people. But that's only for me, I don't care what other people do.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

fossilfinger wrote:I feel like there are a lot of people who are pro-choice but would never have an abortion themselves. I am one of those people. But that's only for me, I don't care what other people do.
Same.

To answer your previous question, IDr if I did, Cakey, she doesn't have any children now but she has had a couple scares and is devastated when she isn't because she wants a do over.
#FreeBen
whatsername_

cakewalked wrote:
whatsername_ wrote:I am pro-life, but I would ever in 1 million years look down on someone who is considering an abortion. Especially if they were my friend. I would love them regardless and support however I could, even if that meant going with them to their appointment if they needed me.

But I would also take a child from someone who didn't want them. I would pay their medical expenses, and then adopt the baby. Only if they wanted to proceed, of course. I know I'm only 20, but it would be the right thing to do.
Wouldn't that make you kind of pro-choice? I could be totally wrong but from the pro-lifers I know, they do look down on people who get them and really think they shouldn't. They want it to be completely illegal. It's not that the labels really matter. But your attitude compared to others I have seen are really different. I would love to take her baby. It wouldn't happen but there are definitely people who would want it. It would be weird raising a family member's child though
I consider myself pro-life because I would never personally do it, and I would prefer others didn't, but one: it isn't realistic to think that way, and two: it's not my place to decide what happens to other people, even if I don't agree with what they're choosing to do.
I'm a pro-lifer in the sense that I don't really "like" the idea of abortion, and I would prefer someone give their baby up for adoption, but like I said, that's unrealistic. Not everyone is going to do it.

I sincerely hope it's never made illegal, mainly because women are going to find a way to do it. I'd rather they do it in a safe, clean, nonjudgmental environment - if they have to do it at all, I mean.

I'm a Christian, and the bible teaches love. Jesus loved the harlot, and the woman at the well. He loved sinners - and that to me, speaks volumes. If Jesus can love everyone, so can I.
Now that my religious tangent is over... lol.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”