Off-Topic Banter Part 6

MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 6

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

cakewalked wrote:yeah but it would be adorbs. PO box. i love little girl clothes. i saw the cutest bootie socks i wanted to buy for someone the other day. and here we are.

i wanted to share a little buddy i got last week. i finally got him out of the cage and into my lap :)
Cute! I love guinea pigs, I don't have any right now but at one point in time a few years ago I had seven :P
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

whatsername_ wrote:We have one. :) We picked our favorite boy named and our favorite girl name at like, 11 weeks. Hahaha.

The girl name was one that was a...compromise. I absolutely love the idea of the name Lennon for a girl, but SO absolutely hated it. He said it reminded him of John Lennon who was shot. :| But he likes the Beatles? I dunno. Hahaha, so we added a few letters, and removed a few and it's pretty similar to Lennon but not at the same time.
She will be the only one of her name in her class, which is what we wanted. And her middle name is a family name from his side, spelled weird, which is fine too.
Lynden Fay.

My mom has decided that her nickname will be Deni - which I am completely okay with, even though I may never use it, lol. It's weird without being too off the wall, and even if people hate it - we still really love it. It goes really well with our last name, both her real name and the nickname.

Our boy name was Milo Tucker, which we still hope to use one day. :)
Ahhh I love that name! :) And I love your boy name. :)
TaylorKnows

I keep thinking about my life and major. I feel like my life is so mundane and I'm living for someone else and I feel way too young for that. So I don't think I'm doing teaching anymore. I just don't know what I want to do yet, which is good because I'm getting my associate's in liberal arts transfer from a community college and then I'll be transfering to a bigger university. I just wish I could figure out what I want to do. It's so frusterating when everyone around me seems to figure it out.
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

It's freaking stupid how you basically have to decide what you want to do the rest of your life by grade 11 at least here you do cuz college and uni have grade 11 specific requirement courses. Blah school

GUYS I had rum tonight. Never had that before. I feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. The waiter here is good looking too. He doesn't have a ring so that's a good sign so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Rum and a cute waiter? Jackpot.
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

Hot smart guy in my US History class, wut!?!?!

Besides the fact I felt so bogan today, school was pretty alright. D:

Still I had to do eight hours of school and five hours of work, ugh. Time management is going to be such a f*cking struggle until the first week of October when we debut, I joined drama club and have play practice nearly everyday after school until six while most of my shifts start at four. Omfg, I have to re-arrange and jockey my schedule between work and school. -_-

I also got my official name tag today, and lost it during a transaction less than three hours later. :|

In other news, I got a customer compliment and it got put on the podium for everyone to see and got a letter sent from the store manager along with a free store meal. It's only my second week so I feel good about that.

Still; my life is so hectic atm I can't dill y'all. :lol:

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I think I got myself a friend with benefits... :?
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

Those can either be awesome or suck when u have feelings for them like the strong type feelings. That happendd to me onece had a guy that I was FWB with but then I got attached to him and I had to stop it and it just sucked hardcore. But once I didn't get attached to the guy like have throes strong feelings and it was fun.

What time is it where you girls are it's like 2 am here haha! I'm home had some subway it was sooooo good.

Medic

Unread post by Medic »

It may be just me but I'm sounding like freaking bryan lanning :| time to go to bed. G'night all or morning If it's morning where you are :D

Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Well it's 5 in the evening here. I can give you the short and long story.

Short: he's a good friend of mine, offered we become friends with benefits since I hadn't been sexually active in two years, thought about it, said yes.

Long story:

My friend who I will refer as J, messaged me on Thursday night when I knocked off work how I was, said alright was about to go home. Asked if I was doing anything and I said no. He asked if I wanted to hang out said yes. He came over we talked amongst ourselves and to my dad. He had to go and meet up with another friend so I walked him to his car. He said I seemed a bit wound up and I let slip that I haven't had a boyfriend or done anything in two years ( Thursday it was I was officially two years single ). He then said that if I wanted to, we could do something, no one will know, keep it between ourselves and stuff. I wasn't sure and I was getting attacked by ants on ground so I sat on his car and he kissed me and said I need to relax and I've worked my ass of enough. I said he can come back over later and I will think about it. He came back later, we watched a movie, talked and then I just went fuck it. He's a good guy, can keep secrets and is on the same page as me on how secretive it should be. It was nice, we did it and cuddled and talked for a hour. Then he had to go since his friend was blowing up his phone about being picked up so we got dressed. Said we can do this again, and he said he will try to find someone for me to meet and maybe date. Not what I totally expected but I was right if you wait long enough and don't search for anything something will happen. And that's how I ended up with a friend with benefits. Totally out of my character. And he was right, I did need it and let myself go. I've got my education and been working hard at the salon. And we used protection so no baby is coming from me anytime soon.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I don't understand. If you're attracted to him and he's attracted to you, why are you "friends with benefits" and not boyfriend/girlfriend?

It sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, Yue. Someone's going to get hurt. And it's probably going to be you. Women don't generally have sex like that, it's about love and trust and intimacy. Even if you don't feel like that now, it will come. He might be able to walk away and not give you a second thought, but you're going to end up miserably wondering why he didn't call.
LizLee30

Unread post by LizLee30 »

Yue, the secrecy thing is what concerns me most about that. Like Goose said, if there's mutual attraction, why is there nothing more than sex? Something seems off to me that he's so keen on keeping it on the down low. I dunno. I don't think FWB works 99% of the time, so maybe I'm just being a pessimist!
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Aww...that looks so sweet! Hope you have a fab time!
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I did the FWB thing...with my guy best friend...we went from friends > dating > friends > FWB > friends. And then I met my hubby and he met his fiancee and things are all good now :P

I know the #1 answer to this is gonna be "Pinterest," but where can I find some non-cheesy love quotes and things? I'm working on a photo book for my & hubby's 1-year anniversary...it's in October, but I'm working on it early bc Shutterfly sent me a coupon for a free photo book in my e-mail (valid until Wednesday) and I'm taking advantage now :lol:
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

When your nearly 70 year old grandma doesn't know her drinking limit and ends up completely wasted and puking, she's okay but wow. She's not an alcoholic, drinks every 5 years, and every time she does drink this happens. You would think my mom would of had to take care of me after a night of drinking not her mom instead.

Whatshername that is the cutest theme for a gender reveal party! Where'd you get the idea?

whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Thanks y'all. Went really well, everyone is excited!

Pinterest! I loved the honeybee idea. :)
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

LizLee30 wrote:Yue, the secrecy thing is what concerns me most about that. Like Goose said, if there's mutual attraction, why is there nothing more than sex? Something seems off to me that he's so keen on keeping it on the down low. I dunno. I don't think FWB works 99% of the time, so maybe I'm just being a pessimist!
I understand the concern. I probably should of explained that when we were talking I said if I was gonna have a FWB I would rather it be kept between the two people. Hence why when he offered he said it can stay secret. It's all on my terms so if I want to stop it can stop and yadda yadda. Who knows what will happen. He's a nice person, we could end up dating.

Pinterest is pretty much planning my future wedding, I thought it was a weird/stupid site til I joined and saw the ideas and now I love it.
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

Oh no! All I can say is that I learned my lesson with being a FWB. All I can say is NEVER again.
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
TaylorKnows

I've spen the last hour listening to Spice Girls, Britney Spears (pre-crazy) and Avril Lavigne.

My childhood right there. When I was 10, I was actually convinced I was going to be Avril Lavigne when I grew up. Good times.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”