Off Topic Banter Part 7

Re: Off Topic Banter Part 7

Unread post by Guest »

No worries. You wouldn't have to worry unless you actually tried to use the doctored form.

Unread post by Guest »

TaylorKnows wrote:And that makes what he did okay? Right...
Maybe I missed it, but what did he do that wasn't okay?
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

OhReallyNow wrote:
He called her a moron and ripped it up. I don't know, to me that's wrong. Especially since it was replaceable.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I kind of agree with the nurse. I don't understand what the big deal is. You fucked up, you admitted it, you rang the office and they said to come in and get a new form. It's all taken care of. They don't care. Nobody's judging you. You're working yourself up into such a hot mess for nothing.

Unread post by Guest »

TaylorKnows wrote:
OhReallyNow wrote:
He called her a moron and ripped it up. I don't know, to me that's wrong. Especially since it was replaceable.
I was thinking the doctor.

I think he (the boyfriend) was probably just understandablly bothered by it and maybe ripping it up forced her to have to get a new one.
TaylorKnows

I'm with goose with she overreacted but the whole "moron" thing bothers me. Maybe I'm just being weird. And it seems like it would've been easier to get a new one if it wasn't ripped up...but it is what it is. Can't change it now.
thegooseiscooked

Meh....my husband has called me names when we're fighting. It doesn't bother me. I know he doesn't mean it.

You should hear some of the doozies I've called him. 8-)
TaylorKnows

It's what Anon's shared with her history of her last few boyfriends that bothers me about it. Not just because they called each other names in a typical spat. But maybe I'm just thinking crazy, like I've said.
thegooseiscooked

Oh, well I don't know anything of her history. Yeah....if there's a history or mental and/physical abuse then that paints a different picture.

But sadly, people with bipolar disorder don't tend to make good choices. I'm not saying that to be mean, Anon. I have a friend, well ex-friend, who is bipolar and I just couldn't continue to be friends with her due to the poor lifestyle choices she kept on making and the choice of boyfriends she continued to parade in and out of her, her husband and their children's lives. Yes boyfriends. Despite the fact that she and her husband were still "happily" married. Just.....no. I don't need my kids seeing that.
TaylorKnows

The drama in this Facebook group for my program though...

They need a good swift kick in the pants from some people on here. The fighting is unreal.
thegooseiscooked

Drama? From your potential new room mates already? Gawd, that's not good.

I liked your video. I don't think I've heard your voice before, you speak so softly. I had to turn it all the way up. So exciting for you. I feel like a proud parent waving you off!
TaylorKnows

Not my roommates-they're lovely-but just on the Facebook group for all of the people as a whole. Glad I'm not rooming with them. I guarantee they'll be the first ones termed. One actually responded "snitches get stitches" when a few people said they would report their roommate for sneaking alcohol...

And thank you! I don't think it was me, but that stupid mic. I have a camera but it was dead when I set out to film. But I'll be filming a haul tomorrow so we'll see if it's me, haha.
thegooseiscooked

Excellent. I don't know how you're holding it all together. I'd be bursting at the seams with excitement.

I looked the program up. They accept international applications. I'm thinking my son would LOVE that in a few years time. It would be such a great experience. I have a friend who did it many years ago for Disney in Japan. She loved every minute of it. Met such fabulous people from all over the world. She now works as an air hostess for Qantas and has friends everywhere she goes.
TaylorKnows

It's all I talk about. Like, ever haha. I think about it all the time, count down the days. Sometimes I just wish I could go now! I would love to work for one of the international ones. Disney Paris looks heavenly. :love2:

I think it's a great expierence for anyone. Disney is such a great place to network. Definitely something to look into. They just have to complete one semester of any college/university before they do it.
thegooseiscooked

Yeah, we went to Melbourne uni open day a few weeks ago and they were saying that they encourage their students to travel overseas and experience life beyond Melbourne. It's a great uni and ranked top 10 in the world but we are so bloody far from anything, it's easy to be isolated and insular. Travel travel travel! That's their motto. Your degree will still be waiting when you get back.

He's a very quiet, shy insular kind of kid too. I think travelling by himself and coming out from behind my skirt for once will force him to get out and meet people and learn some independence. He's dead keen on it too. I was telling him all about what you're doing and he got pretty excited.
TaylorKnows

That's awesome! :)
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

TaylorKnows wrote:It's what Anon's shared with her history of her last few boyfriends that bothers me about it. Not just because they called each other names in a typical spat. But maybe I'm just thinking crazy, like I've said.
What? I've been with this boyfriend for 4 years and a half almost now. I've only had one other long term boyfriend before this and I'm pretty sure I've never shared anything regarding my life with my ex or my current boyfriend until now (other than a story about his sister on the gabeandjesss thread)? I think maybe you're thinking of somebody else. My boyfriend is generally very caring and understanding but I really fucked up and it could've put my whole disability case in jeopardy. My psychiatrist's office is 30 minutes away and he has to take a day off to bring me up there each time. He's upset he has to do that because I freaked out and had an anxiety attack. I get why he was angry. I've called him plenty of names, too.

But the anxiety is the problem, goose. Maybe it's not a big deal to outsiders looking in, but to me, it's a giant deal and if it isn't rectified correctly, I'm going to be really anxious and upset. Tomorrow morning it should be fixed. I'll let you guys know..
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

OhReallyNow wrote:
TaylorKnows wrote:
I was thinking the doctor.

I think he (the boyfriend) was probably just understandablly bothered by it and maybe ripping it up forced her to have to get a new one.
Exactly. You understand. He ripped it up so I wouldn't be tempted to actually send in a doctored legal document. It was ultimately to protect me, but I supposed there were better ways to go about it.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Calling someone a moron is never okay. My husband is very sensitive and I know if I called him a name like that he would be extremely hurt. And if he called me a moron I would probably not talk to him for an entire day. Spouses/significant others are supposed to be supportive of each other. I understand arguments happen, but stooping to insults is not okay.
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Guys, I didn't turn this into an open discussion to bash my boyfriend and/or relationship. This was purely for support with my anxiety and a place I came to vent my feelings.

I am not hurt over what he said in the heat of the moment, especially because you guys don't know half of the situation. Don't worry about my relationship. Worry about me worrying myself to death.

Return to “Off Topic Archive”