RuPaul's Drag Race

HelloHolaHallo

RuPaul's Drag Race

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

Anybody obsessed with RuPaul's Drag Race? I remember watching the series premier years ago on accident and was addicted from the moment Ms. Porkchop got eliminated.

My favorites are:
Nina Flowers, Pandora Boxx, Shangela, Manila Luzon, Willam Belli, Latrice Royale, Chad Michaels, Alyssa Edwards, Detox, Bianca Del Rio, Adore Delano, BenDeLaCreme, Vivacious (Ornacia too)

My favorite season is probably a toss up between season 4 and 6 I enjoyed them a lot!!

Who are your favorites and what was your favorite season?
noTnoShade
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: RuPaul's Drag Race

Unread post by noTnoShade »

Gah, I am obsessed!! I LOVE Latrice! My favorite this past season was Ben Delacreme for the majority of the season, but I lived for Bianca! I loved Milk too and Trinity with her animal kingdom look was incredible!!! I think one of my top favorite seasons was season 2! Jujubee, Jessica Wild, Pandora, and Raven were my favorites. And I LOVE Nina Flowers! She should have taken then crown in season 1. I pretty much love all of the queen though with the exception of a few! Idk if you've ever traveled over to Reddit, but I read there religiously!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/
noTnoShade
Amateur
Amateur

I don't know how I let myself get away without mentioning Yara Sofia.. One of my all time favorites!
HelloHolaHallo

I haven't been to redit I'm an internet noob will have a look.

Jujubee YAAAS love her! Yara is so pretty gosh can't believe I missed her!! And yes Bianca was everything!! I love comedy queens which is why I think I enjoyed season 6 so much hands down the funniest cast, not the fiercest but funniest Forsure! Well except Vivacious she was so fierce and I'm sad she didn't make it further. One thing I appreciate about the earlier seasons was every form of drag was accepted and now it's like you have to be fishy to stay. Drag is art, art is subjective.

I'm so excited to see who will be on next season I'm hoping Vicky Vox will be casted! I think she could be the first plus size queen to win she's gorgeous!

Have you heard the rumors surrounding Courtney Act and a Chaz Bono? There's a lot out there right now I'm so curious what the t on all that is.
Thecarpetislava
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Thecarpetislava »

Im bored with all the fishy queens, I want more Sharons, and Milks, and Jinkxs!
HelloHolaHallo

^^^^me too

I'm seriously upset that they were telling Vivacious she needed to adapt to times like wtf? Over fish serve me unique!
Thecarpetislava
Amateur
Amateur

I loved Vivacious! She was so different and refreshing to watch. I feel like the show has become more of a beauty contest than anything else.
HelloHolaHallo

I totally agree! I'm sorry Courtney Act is beautiful but she never impressed me in the competition her handmade outfits were "safe" and nothing new. She was a pretty queen with lots of $$ to buy nice outfits.

Also BenDeLaCreme was sent home to let Adore head to the top 3. I love Adore but she didn't deserve to be top 3 DeLa did.

That's what has bothered me about the show they no longer accept all forms of drag. You don't need to wear big hair and say "yaas mahma" to be a fierce queen.
Thecarpetislava
Amateur
Amateur

De la was gorgeous, I totally didnt agree when everyone kept saying she always wore "costumes"

Bianca always seemed to have the same look for. everything and no one said anything because she was a funny queen. It seems to get to the top you either have to be an extremely funny queen who
throws shade all the time orxtremely fishy. actuatalent
Thecarpetislava
Amateur
Amateur

Dela is gorgeous! I got so mad when the judges kept saying her look was "costumey", when Bianca h
had the same look just different changes here and there. Though I do love Bianca.

I felt bad for Adore poor girl couldnt seem to get a break from those judges. Though I did find myself saying "wtf" at times when she would walk the runway
Thecarpetislava
Amateur
Amateur

Ignore my first post it got jumbled and posted on accident. Lol
HelloHolaHallo

No worries :-D

I did feel bad for Adore but at times I felt her outfits weren't on point like that black wig with the green striped dress and the little sombrero...I was like what is that .99 cent store realness :-D

Bianca did get away with her looks just because she was funny. I think it helped that she knew Lady Bunny too. I love Bianca she's funny but her looks were repeated and they've sent many queens home for that same offense.

Gia Gunn had funny moments but I hated how narrow minded she was about drag. Oh and thoughts on Laganja Estranja? At first I didn't like her she was too extra but seeing her outside of RPDR she seems so chill. I think she played it up for cameras to be the "funny" queen of the season but it backfired. I feel kinda bad for her.
noTnoShade
Amateur
Amateur

Laganja GURRRLL!! Omg, I can't rewatch her meltdowns on Untucked without cringing. "This was MY MOMENT!!!!!" Ugh. I can't wait for season 7. I've been stalking the interwebs religiously waiting for them to announce casting! I don't think Vicki Vox is too interested in Drag Race unfortunately. She would be amazing if she went on.

I agree with you guys though, I'm usually more inclined to support the campy queens. Every once in a while I will root for a fishy queen. I have really developed a love for Joslyn Fox post season. I thought she was so cool even if her runways left a little be to desired. Dela was probably one of my favorites. I thought Ben's message about how much Dela taught him was really cool since he is such a private person in real life. I lived for Vivacious! Her runway was everything. It really bothers me sometimes that younger queens don't get the club kid scene or alternative, less fishy drag personas. I could rave for hours about this show!
noTnoShade
Amateur
Amateur

HelloHolaHallo wrote: Oh and thoughts on Laganja Estranja? At first I didn't like her she was too extra but seeing her outside of RPDR she seems so chill. I think she played it up for cameras to be the "funny" queen of the season but it backfired. I feel kinda bad for her.

I think if Laganja would have just let her personality shine more naturally, she would have been excellent on the show. She can turn out a pretty fierce look.
HelloHolaHallo

HOohhhkaaaay! Fricking Ganja lol, props to ya mawma! Untucked was painful I feel second hand embarrassment for her. I think it was hard for Ganja to see Adore do better in the competition because back home Ganja was beating Adore. Ganja did in my opinion have one of the best intros "come on season six let's get sickening *death drop*".

I love Joslyn Fox! I felt like it was between DeLa and Joslyn for Ms Congeniality. She was sweet and I felt so bad for her when she interacted with Courtney Act. You could tell Joslyn was truly disappointed. Courtney was so unlikable for me she has a bland personality she's not nice not funny idk but she's gorgeous.

Have you heard Manila Luzons new song Eternal Queen? I'm still so hurt Sahara passed away. They didn't give a huge explanation as to the cause of deAth and apart of me thinks they hid a huge part of her death which is their right. I feel so bad for her family, blood and drag, and Manila.

I could go on and on and on and on lol I looove drag queens. I love how dramatic and glamorous they are. I've even gotten my husband into it. My husband loves saying "no t no shade" "Jesus is a biscuit" "rupologize"
noTnoShade
Amateur
Amateur

I have to agree, I know Courtney had a pretty big fan base, but I just wasn't all that into her. She is definitely gorgeous, I just felt she didn't offer much versatility. I haven't heard Manilla's new song! Is it about Sahara? I'm going to go check it out. It's so crazy that she passed away. I thought she was a lot of fun and was sad to see her go.

I keep trying to get my best friend into Drag Race, but so far no luck! It sucks when you have to watch it all by yourself!
HelloHolaHallo

Yeah it's about Sahara. The song isn't that good to be honest, Manila isn't really a singer lol but I love how she made it for Sahara. It's meaning is beautiful. They truly loved each other :-(

I got my husband into it, well I made him. At first he was like whatever another show to watch but he was really into it. I love watching it with him because there's so much drama I love gossiping about the queens!

DWV with Detox, Willam and Vicky broke up!!! I'm so mad!!!
noTnoShade
Amateur
Amateur

Yessss! I really don't have a whole lot of catty drama in my life and Rupaul's Drag Race is that outlet for me haha! I loved DWV. I really didn't like Willam on the show at first, but I love him now! I watch every Beatdown! He cracks me up!
HelloHolaHallo

It's rumored they broke up because of Willams ego...which I wouldn't question I still love him though. I love the beat down!!!!! I wish he would do some of these Yt moms!
noTnoShade
Amateur
Amateur

HelloHolaHallo wrote:It's rumored they broke up because of Willams ego...which I wouldn't question I still love him though. I love the beat down!!!!! I wish he would do some of these Yt moms!
OMG yes! Jess is really the only YT mom that I've kept up with but I would DIE if he did her. I can only imagine the shade!

Return to “TV Discussions”