Unoriginal Names....

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
TaylorKnows

Unoriginal Names....

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

Feel like this is a safe place to vent.

I am so sick of people naming their pregnancy/motherhood vlogs blahblahblah_and_baby or teenmombunch of random numbers. We can tell from your vlogs who you are. When Lindsay did it, it was cute. But now the trend has just continued.....and it's not cute. It's just annoying.

Anyone else's thoughts?
Cosima
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unoriginal Names....

Unread post by Cosima »

I kind of like it. I'm able to know who is who and what kind of videos I can expect from them just by looking at their channel name.
PattySimcox
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PattySimcox »

Channel names I can never understand
Names like "Mom of Emma" or "Mom and Emma" - how do you know that will be your only kid? Don't you feel silly when you have more kids and you only got to include one of their names?
Names like "Sam And Eric" - how do you know that relationship will last?
Names like "Mommy of 2" or "Lovin my 3 kids" - how do you know that will be the only kid(s) you'll have?

This is where I think beauty gurus do it better, they tend to do something unique to them.
Youtube moms make usernames and then hate them a year later because they got divorced or had more kids, and now their name isn't relevant. If you've become a "big time" youtuber, it's annoying to make a whole new account and get your followers over there. And if you don't you have this name you're stuck with that doesn't represent you anymore.

CandidMommy, InformationMommy, Allharr - those are normal name decisions. Whether or not they are creative or nice sounding, they are better than GabeAndJesss or Mommyof1 in my opinion.
TaylorKnows

CandidMommy is the one I only like. As you said, things happen and you have more kids or you break up...I know that Jess gets a lot of drama over her username. And then of course the ones with the baby names....glad I'm not alone. Unless you get your tubes tied, there's no sure fired way you're ever done.
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by anna12345 »

Agreed. Gabeandjess is the worst. Meaning: "I dont want to change my name because I might lose some of my subscribers and therefore I will get less money from Youtube, and to me money means more than showing some respect to my current husband". Drake must be really upset she doesnt love him enough to change her youtube name.
TaylorKnows

At first the only way to change her name would be to make a new account. Now she could change her name so I don't get why she doesn't...hopefully Drake doesn't know she could change it and is choosing not to. I do still support Jess no matter what, but I do admit it's sort of screwed up.
yeahbuddy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by yeahbuddy »

TaylorKnows wrote:At first the only way to change her name would be to make a new account. Now she could change her name so I don't get why she doesn't...hopefully Drake doesn't know she could change it and is choosing not to. I do still support Jess no matter what, but I do admit it's sort of screwed up.
how can she change it without opening a new account? is this some new feature because as far as i know it is not the case
TaylorKnows

There's a feature in settings, not sure how it works because I haven't done it myself. But it is possible now.
yeahbuddy
Gossiper
Gossiper

i think it is possible to change how your name shows up when you leave comments as in displaying your full real name or nickname or something rather than channel name but to change your actual channel name is not possible. correct me if i'm wrong because i'm really curious now
TaylorKnows

No, it's possible to change it completely. It asks me if I want to sometimes but I always say no.
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

ok, but if someone types her old name, he will be transformed automatically to her new channel with all old videos? Or he will be left with "sorry, this page doesn't exist"?
TaylorKnows

I think they'd be redirected to her new channel. It'd still be tagged to her, but the display of her name will be Jessica ____ or whatever she chose to put.
yeahbuddy
Gossiper
Gossiper

TaylorKnows wrote:No, it's possible to change it completely. It asks me if I want to sometimes but I always say no.
right. we are talking about the same thing and one of us is confused. i get prompted about this too but as far as i know it is just your display name not your channel name. she can be "jessica roque" when she posts comments or whatever but when someone clicks on that, it will take you to her channel which will always be "gabeandjess"..... or that is how i understood it at least. i just spent the past 20 min on yt trying to figure it out and that is the option i am being given
TaylorKnows

Ah.....okay. Sorry if I confused others.
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

I liked it when Aacosta26 deleted her channel and moved to TheOrtonsLife. Acosta was her ex's last name. Orton is her and her husband's last name. Yes, she may have lost some of her subscribers, but I still think this was the right decision. :)
sam39

Unread post by sam39 »

Wouldn't it be funny if she put her new name as jesssanddrake and then next year they break up and she is back in the same boat.
TaylorKnows

Perhaps that's why she hasn't changed it. She learned the first time.
TrollingTubeYou
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TrollingTubeYou »

sam39 wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if she put her new name as jesssanddrake and then next year they break up and she is back in the same boat.
it should be "Jessandnextvictim"

:D
ChanelleJo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ChanelleJo »

TrollingTubeYou wrote:
sam39 wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if she put her new name as jesssanddrake and then next year they break up and she is back in the same boat.
it should be "Jessandnextvictim"

:D
bahahaha :rofl: you're so right!
Sorry, not a native English speaker.

thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Not so much youtube names, but I'm cringing at Lora's choice of tattooing Layton's, Tripp's and Declans names on her wrist. I questioned her at the time "What if you have more children...or perish the thought....something happens with Layton?"

She replied "Nothing is ever going to happen to Layton and we're not having any more children.".

Um...one of those has already become untrue. And you can't predict accidents or illness. She's what...24? If he did die, surely she's not going to be alone for the rest of her life. I know I'm being kind of depressing but my first fiance did die. Unexpectedly. You just don't know.

I love my husband and am fully committed to him. But his name isn't ever going to be imprinted on my body. Sorry.

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”