Youtube Doll "Mommies"

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
All4Fun
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Youtube Doll "Mommies"

Unread post by All4Fun »

Oh my god! That was the creepiest s*** I have seen since the movie "It".. I will now have nightmares..
Bunny

Unread post by Bunny »

xxstrawberry wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with collecting them. But if you're to the point where you actually think that a doll is "fussy today" or "is hungry so she needs to be fed" then I just don't think that's mentally healthy.
This. Like, this is just... borderline

[youtube][/youtube]
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

It's not that strange to collect dolls and even treat them like real babies...IN the house. But going out and having them in strollers so people think they're real babies, and spending money on real formula (that stuff is soooo expensive)? It's just...odd.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Actually, I have a question...do those babies have crying mechanisms and sucking mechanisms in them or is their crying/bottle feeding edited in? They look they are low-tech dolls but I can't tell.
shadowlurker

Unread post by shadowlurker »

what the.... oh my god. this is so creepy and weird.

i just watched the christmas morning redo thing with "ainsley" (not the full thing, just bits and pieces):

*woman holding some toy and doll has her hand on the packaging*
"yeeeeahhh, she wants to grab this, good job, we'll unwrap that later..."

like... NO. :?
Cinnamon Stick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Cinnamon Stick »

I cannot help but L O L while watching these kinds of videos.

It's hilarious when they are like "Oh, so-and-so is fussy!" "So-and-so is sleepy" -- and then puts the camera in the dolls face and it is that creepy, frozen smile or doll face that is made to look like it's sleeping. Quite the imagination they have...

But hey, whatever floats your boat. :?
Bob'sBurgers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bob'sBurgers »

They push the nipple in and move the bottle against the dolls face so it looks like it drinks. Some of them buy sound boxes and record baby crys or coos from YouTube videos of real babies and put them inside. I can't find the video anymore but I have seen one of two grown women with their reborns in the mall. They were in the nursing room using the changing table and making real moms with real babies wait. I think they also took up couch space too when it was already crowded in there. When they left and continued shopping they were giggly over the moms not noticing they were not real babies and coo'd over how they feel like mothers when people smile at the car seats, ask about babies age, or compliment on how calm their babies are.

The scary thing is the teens build up a nurse for their reborns, become convinced they are already for real babies, and tle eventually their reborns are not sastisfying the void they are trying to fill and it becomes so easy for them to get pregnant for real as soon as they find someone who will have sex with them. :/ I found a new YouTube teen mom on Friday that got pregnant on purpose (the first 3 minutes in I just knew it and a few minutes later she admits she got pregnant on purpose) and said that she bought a reborn but now she is pregnant she guesses she will not be needing that anymore. :/ She only has around 30 Subsribers so far, Proudmommy2013. She is incredibly immature and definitely not ready to be a real mother yet. It makes me really sad, I am not sure yet if I will be watching her videos.
Bob'sBurgers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Build up a nursery*
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

I have a difficult time believing that there is not some sort of deep rooted mental instability issues with people like this... I can understand people who collect dolls, but this takes it to a whole new level of crazy that i can't subscribe to.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

I think the reborns are very neat and some cost thousands of dollars. I might actually own one if I had the extra money, because the very detailed life-like ones amaze me. BUT, the videos with the woman acting like they are REAL babies is just crazy. That's not normal, it's mental issues.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I saw one girl brought one of her's to Disney. She was young (under 18) and was with her dad and people were staring. She got all embarrassed when people realized the baby wasn't real and said she'd tell people it was a "school project". Why do you bring them out if you know you're going to get looks? Plus I haven't brought a doll in public since I was 13 and I went to the American Girl Place with my mom. I agree, it's fine to own one, but to go that far is a bit much.
LyricalBeauty
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LyricalBeauty »

I'd prefer a teenage girl blow her money on a doll, than blow her life by getting pregnant.

My aunt has some of these dolls, along with other types of dolls, and she does have some things for them (a cheap display crib, a couple of dresses, ect.) but she doesn't think they're real. 99% of the time, the dolls are untouched in her second spare room. Shes a grown woman, she was never (physically) able to have children, and she buys everything for them with her hard earned money.

I do think people can go too far with these dolls, absolutely. Like taking them out in public all the time, and telling people they're real and making up these crazy stories.

The only thing I really think is *weird* is when girls will say "_____ is sick, today!" or "___ has a poopy diaper!" or "___ has been super fussy", but I'd still prefer a 13 year old playing with a doll, than getting pregnant.
ChanelleJo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ChanelleJo »

I remember reading about Beyonce's baby. There were rumors spreading all over the internet that Blue Ivy [the baby] is actually a reborn doll. That's the first time I heard about this.

Here's a video.

And some pictures.

After she delivered.

Carrying the baby all covered in fur on a hot day in NY.

Oh, well.. I don't think she'd go this far. I don't know how her daughter looks right now, but I think she's a real baby. But the way she's dealing with the situation people get suspicious.
Anyway.. long post. That's how I found out about these reborn babies. CREEEEPY. :?
Sorry, not a native English speaker.

Bob'sBurgers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

She was trying to keep as secretive as possible so can choose who to sell pics and baby name to for lots of moolah. I have heard about her maybe having a surrogate in secret to not wreck her body theory.
Bob'sBurgers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Also to add I do not doubt that pic has been primped and edited to hell for perfect appearances so that might be why some pics of the baby looking fake.
TheBigAndTheBad

Unread post by TheBigAndTheBad »

I have a reborn cousin because My cousin sophie died at 15 weeks old. My aunt was so upset and couldn't function, that fills the spot I guss, its not hurting anyone so it doesn't bother me.
Bob'sBurgers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

The thing is if you are taking it to an unhealthy level, you are hurting yourself, mentally and emotionally. It keeps you from actually healing the void your trying to fill to begin with. It's harder to mature your coping and self healing skills when you artificially plug your voids whether with reborns, food, drug substances, hurting yourself, etc. Yes this is one of the least harmful way to artificially fill voids, but it still isn't healthy to take it to an unhealthy level. Close family and friends are the best other than professionals and detecting when it crosses into unhealthy territory.
OhDoShutUp

Unread post by OhDoShutUp »

TheBigAndTheBad wrote:I have a reborn cousin because My cousin sophie died at 15 weeks old. My aunt was so upset and couldn't function, that fills the spot I guss, its not hurting anyone so it doesn't bother me.
That's pretty fascinating. This was actually my first thought when I learned of reborns. They could definitely function to assuage grief of losing a child or not being able to conceive one in the first place.

I would hope however that in those cases the mothers would seek some sort of medical treatment to go hand in hand with the reborn. I'm also curious as to how long after losing a child do most reborn mothers care for the doll. I suppose it is a matter of personal circumstance/preference.
ladybug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ladybug »

Wow! The baby Beyonce is holding really does look like a reborn!!
mommyoftwogirlsca
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I think it is strange actully I can see maybe younger people having a reborn doll and playing with it like it is real. But if your a grown up and you can't have children. I would rather see money spent on either fostering or adopting real children because they are the ones who need homes and love. Not plastic dolls that is my opinion on the whole reborn thing.

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”