Circle of Moms Top 25 Mom Vloggers contest

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
Bob'sBurgers
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Circle of Moms Top 25 Mom Vloggers contest

Unread post by Bob'sBurgers »

TaylorKnows wrote:Also, does anyone know what they win....other than the title?
a false sense of superiority, and being put in a magazine.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

TaylorKnows wrote:They're not allowing adoptive parents on the list this year...bull shit at it's finest...Candice would be a good nomination.

http://www.rageagainsttheminivan.com/20 ... ptive.html
ExFUCKINGcuse me?!?!?!?!

WHY on earth adoption is controversial? Please explain it to me.
Does that blog have a YT vlog as well? That blog is really cool!!

Yes, Candace is AWESOME. Really, there are some great mommy vloggers, but she is the best combo I think, of a channel with an actual purpose and a great talented vlogger, and an awesome woman and mommy. :love2:
up all night, got demons to fight
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

sleep84 wrote:
TaylorKnows wrote:They're not allowing adoptive parents on the list this year...bull shit at it's finest...Candice would be a good nomination.

ExFUCKINGcuse me?!?!?!?!

Yes, Candace is AWESOME. Really, there are some great mommy vloggers, but she is the best combo I think, of a channel with an actual purpose and a great talented vlogger, and an awesome woman and mommy. :love2:
Apparently it caused too much drama...the only drama I can come from ignorant people that don't consider adoptive parents actual parents...ugh...I won't get into my whole tangent, but it's bull shit.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

TaylorKnows wrote:
sleep84 wrote:

ExFUCKINGcuse me?!?!?!?!

Apparently it caused too much drama...the only drama I can come from ignorant people that don't consider adoptive parents actual parents...ugh...I won't get into my whole tangent, but it's bull shit.
well, there's actually nothing TO say.. they are dickheads. End of controversy. See? aren't we clever!
TaylorKnows

The thing is, a lot of newborn adoptions were, and still at times are, orchestrated against the mother's will. Whether she physically had no choice or was told she had no choice, she was forced and pressured to. Many adoptive children of these mothers now resent adoptions and biological mothers forced to do so are resentful. Some aren't as bad as others, but many are. From what I've read and heard, they'd rather people go with foster adoption. This isn't every single one, but I have read this in other places. I don't stand by it, just clearing up WHY it would cause controversy. Doesn't make it right though.
Kayliecoburn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kayliecoburn »

TaylorKnows wrote:The thing is, a lot of newborn adoptions were, and still at times are, orchestrated against the mother's will. Whether she physically had no choice or was told she had no choice, she was forced and pressured to. Many adoptive children of these mothers now resent adoptions and biological mothers forced to do so are resentful. Some aren't as bad as others, but many are. From what I've read and heard, they'd rather people go with foster adoption. This isn't every single one, but I have read this in other places. I don't stand by it, just clearing up WHY it would cause controversy. Doesn't make it right though.
I am actually against adoption in the private sector...a lot of the private agencies are very money hungry and know how to play the woman's feelings. The lds adoption agency is horrible...the stuff they tell women is disgusting...like a single 25 year old shouldn't keep her baby cause she isn't married but she should give it up to a 20 year old married couple? Ya no...

I am pro public adoption though as long as there is plenty of counseling and I def don't blame the adoptive parents...they get played too. No one should have to pay 20-100k for a kid.
TaylorKnows

The paying for adoption is stupid...I agree. I also don't blame the APs for it unless they knew. I also hate when they promise a bio mom an open adoption and then disapear, cheating the child and hurting the mom. I'm fine with private adoption, but only when it's the BPs choice.
surferbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by surferbunny »

In that link they speak of some people on the circle of moms list being outwardly against adoption? 0_0 or against adoptive parents super confusing ...

why would that be? and why would adoptive moms not be allowed on the list not getting it ... at all seems way sketchy
baby # 2 due early 2015 ..fingers crossed for PINK!!
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

Of course, you are absolutely right to point that out. Maybe there is also a big difference when it comes to US/Europe.
In Europe (this is especially true for Italy- where I live) people are very much against open adoptions. Thre are almost exclusively closed adoptions.
Maybe it's just a difference of mindsets and customs. Maybe it's just because we've never had that possibility. But I know a bunch of people that have been adopted. No one knows anything about birth parents. They were mostly out of state adoption (Prague, Guatemala, if they were italian kids they were older than one yoear, and put in orphanages) adoption IS a "market" sometimes.
Here is an ecception, our law is not forthcoming when it comes to the presence of parental figures or siblings in the adoptee's life, once the adoptee is legally adopted. Unless they are adopted at an older age and it's the best thing for the minor to keep in touch with some figures from his/her old life.
Every information, news, detail is completely kept from the person adopted, always. Unless there is some medical genetic predisposition that the adoptee needs to keep under observation (diabetes etc.) And if the family of origin allows it (or if they allowed it, the child can ask to be put in contact with them when he/she is 25 years old.
It's true, in many cases adoption has a dark side, but certainly it's not a good excuse to keep it out of anything parenting-like. Even biological motherhood can be controversial and have dark sides. And those could be even more in number.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

Also NO PRIVATE AGENCIES. It's expensive (mostly international adoptions, you have to travel at least 3-4 times in the country of origin) incredibly LONG, the bureaucracy is INCREDIBLY EXHAUSTING - every stereotype about italian bureaucracy being shit... it's true, sorry to say.
TaylorKnows

In America how most private adoptions work are, the biological parents and their respective families have no contact with the baby. They get no updates, no nothing. Sometimes the biological parents know where their baby is going and sometimes, they never even meet the parents. Ultimately, it is the choice of the biological mother what she wants, but let's say her ideal couple wants a private adoption when she wants an open one, she may make the selfless decision to have a closed one. As for the child, until they are 18, they have no way of knowing who their biological parents are unless the APs know and want to give them names, but they cannot contact them until they are of 18 years of age. And even then, some agencies require you have to go through them to contact, you can't just mail them a letter or find them on Facebook. And the reality is, some biological parents don't want to see the kids they gave up for personal reasons. And then when the child is 18, the biological parents have the choice of looking for the child but it goes both ways, the child may not want to know them.

As for open adoption, it can go about in different ways. It might mean they get pictures, letters and phone calls every so often and that's it. They could get visits a few times a year or just once a year plus or without the pics and letters. And some have VERY open adoptions where they see their biological children very often and can see them whenever they like. This is rare, but I know people with this case. Most of them are interfamily adoptions (like a niece gave her aunt&uncle the baby to raise). IMO, a child should always know he or she is adopted, closed adoption or not. It's important that they know where they came from so when they get older, they can search. And 9/10 parents that lie about adoption end up getting caught in the end.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

I think it's so stupid and risky to lie about your kids being adopted. If you grow up knowing that it's absolutley irrelevant to you. If you find out later it can destroy you.
I don't know how I feel about the open adoption. I mean I'm sure that people can make it work, but you really have to have a sort of "perfect" situation like Candace.. I don't know if any good could come out of letting *every* child know stuff about their birth parents.
Mostly, especially in eastern europe, they are the kids of prostitutes, have been abandoned, are the result of incest or rape..
I have seen people doing great with closed adoptions. One of my friends is a surgeon now, one is a psychologist and a social worker, they are fully successful, never had to go to therapy for that, it never upset them, they all knew from kindergarden, they are stinking wealthy..
ALTHOUGH and I'm going to say this just because I know that mostly people in this forum are very "religiously" open minded: it adds brownie points if you are into church stuff, very catholic, almost bigot... SO honestly, if I ever had to give up a child in my country (lets make crazy hypothesis) I would bloody DIE. I also know a couple of people that have been adopted by very catholic families. They grew up to be racists (they call black people "Niggers" they think that they are all rapists and thieves and they stink and don't wash themselves.. not kidding, and I'm talking about people in their late twenties/early thirties). They attack you if you have a child before getting married, if you are on BC. If you have sex before marriage... If I imagine the girl or woman that gave up her child being super selfless, without even having a role picking the adoptive parents.. it breaks my heart. You want a better life for a baby that you brought into the world, and that life ends up with bigots, closed minded, racists fascists "I have a crucifix instead of my brain" (mind you I'm not anti-catholic!!! just bigotry!)
Sometimes those screenings are very much arbitrary, because if you are very catholic you are automatically a good, safe trustworthy couple here). IT IS DISGUSTING.
TaylorKnows

Yeah, it's different everywhere. But even my mom said if she adopted a newborn, she'd have to get a closed adoption because she'd be too selfish to share the baby. Which is why she won't adopt. But hey, to each their own. And Candace's situation is great for her boys, her&her hubbie AND the biological families. Like the older one (Sawyer)'s birth father had a baby with another girl and she says Sawyer will grow up knowing she's his sister and they'll hopefully be close.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Doesn't it say on the site who nominated someone?Or am I looking at wrong?Because alot of these moms are thanking people for nominating them.But it looks like they did themselves.Maybe I am wrong.Taylor will investigate :D
Taylor,Taylor The Investigator.
TaylorKnows

It DOES say who nominated them. For example, I take the top 5:
1. CuteGirlsHairstyles
http://www.youtube.com/CuteGirlsHairstyles
BLOGGER by Mindy McKnight

Mommy of 6, including twins and 2 adoptions. With 5 girls in our home, we do a lot of hair... as seen on 20/20 and Anderson Live!

Enjoy 5-min hairstyles that are super cute, including the most popular braids, twists, updos, or something with a little edge... we even have Daddy Do's!

Vote | 14383 Votes

2. Kandee Johnson
http://www.youtube.com/kandeejohnson
BLOGGER by Kandee Johnson

I'm a single mamma to 4 precious babies from 2 to 16! And I hope that my imperfect life inspires people that you can have joys and blessing in your life no matter how "perfectly- imperfect" your life is!

I hope to have the happiest place on the internet on my blogs and youtube...

Vote | 10359 Votes

3. GabeandJesss
http://www.youtube.com/user/gabeandjesss
BLOGGER by Felicity Emerson

Facing Reality With A Positive Attitude. (:

Vote | 9183 Votes

4. The Schuerman Show
http://www.youtube.com/user/theschuermanshow
BLOGGER by Sam Schuerman

I'm a stay at home mom to our beautiful 2 year old boy, Phoenix and our gorgeous 5 month old girl, Lily. Im happily married to the man of my dreams, Jay and we have a toy poodle Moo :) We make daily vlogs and I also have a beauty channel. I love our little family and I hope you will too :) ♥...

Vote | 6545 Votes

5. Britneyandbaby
http://youtube.com/britneyandbaby
BLOGGER by Hannah M.

Love her vlogs! She deserves to be nominated!

Vote | 5736 Votes

So basically wherever it says "by...." is who nominated them. So surprisingly Jess did not nominate herself but Kandee and the The Schuerman Show did. As did Lora, Vanessa, Lucy, Lindsey, Missy, Tayler, Tiffany, Kelsey, Erin and the list goes on and on. More times than not it seems that the vlogggers themselves have nominated themseleves.
TaylorKnows

And wtf?!? Carla was nominated twice. Once by herself and once by a fan. She's #39 on the one she nominated herself and #58 on the one nominated by a fan of hers. How do they let two nominations go in? This whole thing seems weird.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Thanks Taylor,I found it confusing.If you ever need a baby pic message me lol.

Well,well! And most said in videos "thank you to whoever nominated me" I know Kelsey did in her Feb DITL.She said she didn't know how the site found her,that she did not enter and thank you to the person that nominated her.SHAME ON HER :o
TaylorKnows

Lol no problem Flossy and thanks.

They're all stupid. On Tayler's, she nominated herself but she used the description talk about herself in 3rd person...most of the ones that nominated themselves at least used first person. I still think that most of these would've been nominated on their own. I'm just glad that nchollywood, CandidMommy, etc. were left out of it. I'm not going to vote because I hate these contests and I wouldn't vote for anyone who nominated themselves or promoted themselves, but I hope either Vanessa, Channing or Britney wins.
poopieninja
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by poopieninja »

i'm actually on that list, so i can explain the nominations thing.

We got an email from circle of moms stating that a "fan" or viewer nominated us for the contest.
We were then given the option to accept the nomination and claim our "blog"

From there we had to either write a little blurb, or leave the one given by the person who nominated us.

so, kandee johnson for example. it says kandee johnson by kandee johnson... and then single mom, unicorns, rainbows, and so on and so forth..

She chose to write in her blurb herself because she was given the option to...

it doesn't necessarily mean she nominated herself.
TaylorKnows

poopieninja wrote:i'm actually on that list, so i can explain the nominations thing.

We got an email from circle of moms stating that a "fan" or viewer nominated us for the contest.
We were then given the option to accept the nomination and claim our "blog"

From there we had to either write a little blurb, or leave the one given by the person who nominated us.

so, kandee johnson for example. it says kandee johnson by kandee johnson... and then single mom, unicorns, rainbows, and so on and so forth..

She chose to write in her blurb herself because she was given the option to...

it doesn't necessarily mean she nominated herself.
It doesn't add up on Carla's end though, because she was nominated twice. And it also doesn't mean that they didn't nominate themselves.

Curious though, which momma are you on the list?

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”