does youtube mommies make you wish you had a baby ?

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
Hilly
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

does youtube mommies make you wish you had a baby ?

Unread post by Hilly »

please excuse my English, It is not my first language and we don't even use English much in my country so I don't get to practice it :P
anyway I was wondering when you watch those Youtube mommies does the videos make you want to have a baby (I'm not talking about the trash like taylor and linds)

for me YES, and it is not only because of the vlogs, I always wanted to become a mom in mid 20s (I'm 24 btw) so watching those videos make me more eager to have a baby
and before anybody panic I want to have my baby in the traditional way with my husband (I'm not married but I mean in the future) and I have a job in the health field (hospital) <<< I'm not a high school teeneger

and I really RARELY watch videos I'm so busy with my work, but in the early hours of work (6am) the patients are still home sleeping lol so I come to gurugossiper to read (youtube is blocked in my hospital)
Kayliecoburn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: does youtube mommies make you wish you had a baby ?

Unread post by Kayliecoburn »

Well I have two kids and know the true reality of having a baby so no...but as a teen yes it would have because the girls sugar coat it for the most part.
AppleCat
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AppleCat »

No it does not, if anything it puts me off of having children. I am happy to be childfree at 18 (nearly 19).
Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jessica911 »

At my age, 17, it definitely does not. Even though some may sugar coat it and make it look like rainbows and sunshine, I have more sense than that. I will enjoy my teenage years. THEN I will go to college, graduate, get married, buy a house, obtain a stable career etc. Then I will have a baby! :D
ImageImage
Hilly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Hilly »

I really didnt mean being a teenage mommy (so glad I got to finish school and college without becoming a mom)
But I guess most of the members here are teens so It does look like im asking if you all want to be a teen mom lol
Am i the only one here in the 20s ? God I feel old
ke$ha
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ke$ha »

Nope I'm 25. The teenage moms don't make me feel jealous, but the other mom's kids are adorable!
I think you mean that they give you "baby fever", that happens occasionally for me, and me and my husband want to start trying in a year or so. baci
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Sort of. Its more I watch their videos and get sad because I was told I may not ever have kids naturally and then to my surprise I actually did but miscarried. So its usually a sense of missing out on something that I could be experiencing now.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Sometimes when they pop and have a tiny little newborn, my baby fever kicks in a little bit. I'm financially responsible and in a good mentality to take on another child right now - I just choose not to because I know how much work babies are and my youngest may be almost 2.5, but to me, she is still a baby... It's not necessarily YT moms, it's anyone... when I see a newborn, I practically spontaneously ovulate but until I'm in a stable relationship and feel like I'm mentally ready, I will double up on BC.
#FreeBen
ChanelleJo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ChanelleJo »

Well, I started watching youtube moms because I want to have a baby in the near future (not really, maybe 3 years from now, but for me it's near future considering I've never wanted kids, but now I do). I myself am financially stable including my fiance and we'll get married next year so... yeah.
I'm not a teenager anymore and as a teenager I never thought about pregnancy, plus it's not that hard to prevent it.
But yeah sometimes... watching them gives me "baby fever" but I'm mature enough to not make it happen right now and wait untill I'm married.
Sorry, not a native English speaker.

Girlygirl2012
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Girlygirl2012 »

I have 2 children already and one is a teenager.Even though I had my kids at a young age I was still over 20. But when I was a teen I never wanted to be a teen Mom I was too busy into my school work and hanging out with my friends. I have a few friends that were teen Moms and I felt bad for them because while I was hanging out they were stuck at home with their babies.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

At times when I see the cute little babies I'm like "Awww, I want one" and then I realize I am not ready for that. If anything it's confirmed that I want kids, but I also know I don't want to be like half of them ending up with 3 kids by the age of 20.
Blueberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Blueberry »

I am 22 and no it does not make me want a child. I mean, sometimes I see the tiny newborn and just melt but I know that they are a ton of work and require a lot of patience (something I do not have lol).

I can't imagine why a teen would WANT to get pregnant. When I was a teenager I would have been absolutely mortified if I got pregnant. I remember I once had a dream that I was pregnant with my (then) boyfriend's baby and I about shit bricks! And that was just a DREAM haha.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

Late 20s and happily child-free. I also plan on remaining so. I like kids, I used to work with kids, one of my very best friends is a single mother of 2..
Sometimes I do watch videos of particularly cute babies (I am a total freak for asian baby girls :love2: ) and I think "oh goodness, they are so adorable!" But it ends there.
I'm not wired for that, I think it's not for everyone and there is so much more to being a parent than just a cute baby.
I like babies, but I don't want to be a parent.
Sometimes I end up watching a very young mom and I'm like: "this is so not how it goes in reality! she's talking like you would talk about a doll!" :o
I really hope that people that learned how fertility works, also know that a video lets you know just a bit. You'll never know everything. Understand everything. Fully grasp how hard it is. I hope young girls know that. ;)
up all night, got demons to fight
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

ke$ha wrote:Nope I'm 25. The teenage moms don't make me feel jealous, but the other mom's kids are adorable!
I think you mean that they give you "baby fever", that happens occasionally for me, and me and my husband want to start trying in a year or so. baci
Hey, where do you live? ;) (not in a stalker-weirdo kind of curiosity.. :D )
up all night, got demons to fight
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

No, it doesn't. I'm 27, married, and pretty financially stable (we could support a baby but I want to wait until my mortgage is almost paid off), but I don't want one for at least another 3 years. I want to be in a position where I could stay home with the baby for at least a year, possibly longer.
samhacker12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by samhacker12 »

I want 50 babies.
Differences are what makes us who we are.
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by old_soul_here »

I already have a kindergartener, so no, sometimes the newborns make me want a second baby, but then I remember that in order to have a baby you have to have a pregnancy and my first one sucked. SO HELL NO, a lot of time they just strengthen my resolve to keep my girl an only child till I have time to be able be sick 24/7 for 9months straight lol
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

samhacker12 wrote:I want 50 babies.
Trolls can't have babies
krissylove902
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by krissylove902 »

TaylorKnows wrote:
samhacker12 wrote:I want 50 babies.
Trolls can't have babies
I wish she would go away. If you havent looked yet on Tayler form, That girl tied pulling her profile pic off as her and i googled it and well go look lol
pitbulllove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pitbulllove »

Nope. Definitely not. Maybe its because I know 2 teen moms personally and have seen their struggles. I want kids, but I want to wait until I'm ready.
“The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."
-Andy Rooney

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”