YT Mommies FB Group!

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
BlazeMercy
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: YT Mommies FB Group!

Unread post by BlazeMercy »

thegooseiscooked wrote:
OhReallyNow wrote:I've managed many online groups for women. Eventually it all goes sour.

I agree totally. Cakewalked has just proved it, she's "joking" that she will hold your opinion against you if you should ever wish to join. Hmmm.... :| Forming a separate group that regular users on here have to be approved to join goes against why I joined this site in the first place. It's divisive and it makes people in here worry that the FB group are, in turn, bitching about them. Quite likely actually given who the administrators are.

I don't like it but that's fine. I'll reserve my right to avoid it like the plague, and OhReallyNow is right. It will turn sour, I've been on many forums involving women and they all go bad in the end. Good luck with that. And before one of you says I am just bitter because I've been rejected, that is definitely not the case. I never applied.

So I'm going to take this opportunity to say farewell to those on here with whom I have enjoyed having a laugh, a good debate and a good gossip, which was the original aim of this site. Certain members have ruined it, at least for me, so it's time to bow out and stop letting posers, pretenders and just plain bitches get under my skin. I'm better than that.

Let me save you the effort of saying it by saying it first: don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Consider the door already closed.

BINGO! Best response yet! I have no interest in joining the group, in fact it really seems pointless and I guarantee 100% it will fail. I too have managed online mommy groups before and it always goes sour no matter what. It's the fact that we are all women and we tend to have strong opinions. If you want friends go find some. Not only do I have no interest in joining the group,I also don't have the time all of you must have. By the post count some of you have I'm shocked you even sleep or have time to shower :o
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

CandyMomma, I have Facebook on my phone so I just get updates and post there when I can. We don't normally post all day, every day. If you're not in the group, then how can you judge? I understand for not joining, but it's like the people that hate GG before they even come on it. I also post on here at certain times during the day when I have the time and sometimes, I have a lot of free time. You make comments such as that and that's why these things you claim don't work out. There really shouldn't be any judgement, yet I see it come about. There's nothing I can do about my post count now. Not all of us our mothers and not all of us have jobs at the moment. I don't even post as much as I want to. Cakewalked said what she said because do we want negativity in our group? Absolutely not. Plus she was joking from what I can tell. So far, no fights at all. And most of the members in the group I trust can have a healthy debate. Even if there was a big fight (which is doubtful considering we barely talk about the moms, more about ourselves and use it as a place to vent about our lives), I'm sure it'd be handled faster than on here. Our admins actually care about the members.
Kayliecoburn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kayliecoburn »

thegooseiscooked wrote:
OhReallyNow wrote:I've managed many online groups for women. Eventually it all goes sour.

I agree totally. Cakewalked has just proved it, she's "joking" that she will hold your opinion against you if you should ever wish to join. Hmmm.... :| Forming a separate group that regular users on here have to be approved to join goes against why I joined this site in the first place. It's divisive and it makes people in here worry that the FB group are, in turn, bitching about them. Quite likely actually given who the administrators are.

I don't like it but that's fine. I'll reserve my right to avoid it like the plague, and OhReallyNow is right. It will turn sour, I've been on many forums involving women and they all go bad in the end. Good luck with that. And before one of you says I am just bitter because I've been rejected, that is definitely not the case. I never applied.

So I'm going to take this opportunity to say farewell to those on here with whom I have enjoyed having a laugh, a good debate and a good gossip, which was the original aim of this site. Certain members have ruined it, at least for me, so it's time to bow out and stop letting posers, pretenders and just plain bitches get under my skin. I'm better than that.

Let me save you the effort of saying it by saying it first: don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Consider the door already closed.
I do think guru gossip has changed for the worst in a lot of ways. It got sort of worse after the site change and then it got really bad when they got rid of a lot of the mods (mainly whoa or whatever her name was). A lot of trolls have joined the site and a lot of people have gotten petty with their gossip to the point where they just want to trash some people to the point of suicide, I suppose. I actually stopped posting here because I saw quite a bit I disagreed with and felt was wrong. I still post on occasion but not so much anymore. All I seem to see lately is 20 percent gossip, 50 percent fighting, 5 percent personal conversation, and 25 percent pettiness.

I do not understand why there aren't more mods...it isn't a payment issue is it? I'm sure people would do it for free.

As for the Facebook...doesn't bother me. If people want to talk about others...well this is a gossip site and no one is immune. I don't care to join because,like I said, I don't want my identity out there. But if others want to join...whatever.
TaylorKnows

They won't add more mods due to "trust" aka no one's kissed their ass enough yet. I've requested several times for there to be more mods in this section so we could have more order around here and not have to PM like 3 mods to get the job done, but they said that there's no one in the group they trust enough. There is one support moddie in here that comes here all the time so I don't get why they just don't bump her and make things easier.
BlazeMercy
Talker
Talker

TaylorKnows wrote:CandyMomma, I have Facebook on my phone so I just get updates and post there when I can. We don't normally post all day, every day. If you're not in the group, then how can you judge? I understand for not joining, but it's like the people that hate GG before they even come on it. I also post on here at certain times during the day when I have the time and sometimes, I have a lot of free time. You make comments such as that and that's why these things you claim don't work out. There really shouldn't be any judgement, yet I see it come about. There's nothing I can do about my post count now. Not all of us our mothers and not all of us have jobs at the moment. I don't even post as much as I want to. Cakewalked said what she said because do we want negativity in our group? Absolutely not. Plus she was joking from what I can tell. So far, no fights at all. And most of the members in the group I trust can have a healthy debate. Even if there was a big fight (which is doubtful considering we barely talk about the moms, more about ourselves and use it as a place to vent about our lives), I'm sure it'd be handled faster than on here. Our admins actually care about the members.
Al I read is blah blah blah. Everyone judges. Everyone. You come to GG to judge based on a video or two or thee. That is no different then me saying having a stupid ass group that has rules where others are obvious left out (they posted so I know) because of a damn post count is stupid. Not everyone has time to sit on a computer or phone all day long just to raise post count. I have a right to judge based on what I see. As far I can tell you are young very young. You have a lot of maturing to do. I love a healthy debate, and I do enjoy reading GG but I also have a life other then gossiping. So you are saying the admins dont care about anyone on here? Ok then, delete your account and move on. Why stay if you are not happy with the way things are ran around here? Makes no sense, but then again you are 16 or 17 though right? :)
TaylorKnows

I'm going to be 18 in 8 days actually. I actually don't come on this part as often anymore unless we're talking about the actual moms. I love a good healthy debate but they don't stay that way for long on here so I try to stay out of it, so I've been frequenting the Absolutely Nothing Section. We just don't want trolls going on there and finding out our info and giving it to Tayler but if it happens, we've taken the risk but I know that's why several haven't joined. Not everyone has the time to have that many posts, that people are aware of. But there were some who were simply joining the group days after joining the site and we've learned that people aren't always who they claim to be, so they were cautious. I know I have a lot of maturing to do, I am nowhere near a grownup. I stay on here to discuss the main topics at hand, but it'd be nice if admins paid attention once and awhile. I'm not going to leave over it, but I do have the right to complain about it. Look, I don't want to argue with you because that totally defeats my whole stance. End of the day, you choose not to join the group, that's fine. I just don't think we should all turn against each other because that's not the point of the site. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but this is just the way I feel.
ChanelleJo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ChanelleJo »

And that's what happens when new people join this site, quality people leave or lurk. Just like JennaLuvBug or Goose and many others who used to be active on the old site.
Sorry, not a native English speaker.

lalalashell23
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalalashell23 »

The reason to the post count rule is because, quite contrary to the general belief of the Facebook group, we talk about a lot of personal stuff. Many were worried that it may fall into the wrong hands. Trust was ruined because of the "rat" (though I must have misse that). It's about protecting personal information, not gossiping about other GG users. Rarely do we talk about GG and when we do, it's about a YouTube mom...usually Tayler. The Facebook page was created so we could be off topic. No one comes to GG to read 10 pages of "this is an update on my life" or "this is my opinion on Cheetos". They come here to read about the YouTube train wrecks. We've also been presented with the chance to make friends with those we see regularly. In fact, I've added a couple members as friends on my personal Facebook. Granted, there's really not much on my Facebook that I wouldn't want people finding out, but still.

I get on GG mainly on my days off, because I'm bored. After I'm done cleaning the house, there is literally nothing to do. I don't feel anyone who visits GG on any type of regular basis has the right to say anyone else has "no life". What one chooses to do with their free time is no one's business but their own.
"There are two types of people in this world: the ones who go after their dreams despite their fears, and those who do not."
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

@cakewalked - I sent you a PM on here. :D
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

The only reason I was upset about it was because I was removed without notification. That's all. And then when I asked why, I was attacked as if I HAD done something wrong. I have no hard feelings against anyone, and I'm glad we can actually act like adults.

Also, thank you for adding me back. I hope you all can trust that I won't, for lack of a better word, betray you all. Thank you.
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

just wanted to make sure. i don't make a habit out of messaging on here so I wanted to make sure it went through.
WhatTheFudge

Unread post by WhatTheFudge »

Kayliecoburn wrote: I do think guru gossip has changed for the worst in a lot of ways. It got sort of worse after the site change and then it got really bad when they got rid of a lot of the mods (mainly whoa or whatever her name was). A lot of trolls have joined the site and a lot of people have gotten petty with their gossip to the point where they just want to trash some people to the point of suicide, I suppose. I actually stopped posting here because I saw quite a bit I disagreed with and felt was wrong. I still post on occasion but not so much anymore. All I seem to see lately is 20 percent gossip, 50 percent fighting, 5 percent personal conversation, and 25 percent pettiness.

I do not understand why there aren't more mods...it isn't a payment issue is it? I'm sure people would do it for free.

As for the Facebook...doesn't bother me. If people want to talk about others...well this is a gossip site and no one is immune. I don't care to join because,like I said, I don't want my identity out there. But if others want to join...whatever.
We do not get paid to mod.

The reason we have not added any more mods, besides Justanotherhater, is because we have not found anyone we can trust with some of the functions mods have access to. We had an incident with a mod (no, it wasn't Whoa) who basically shared personal information about more than a handful of users... so naturally we've been weary about adding new mods. Eventually we will be, but in the current future, nothing is going to happen. This new site has a report feature that our old site didn't, the "!" you see at the top right corner of each post. It's such an easy way for members to report issues and leaves a sure fact that the mods will find it and deal with it.
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

CandyMomma wrote:By the post count some of you have I'm shocked you even sleep or have time to shower :o
I'm a college student who likes to procrastinate every once and awhile. Plus, when I joined GG I was on Winter break. That leaves a lot of room for computer time. Plus, I'm 19 years old with no kids yet until later on. I take pride in my post count. To be honest, who the fuck cares how large someone's post count is? :?
It takes not even a minute to post on GG. It doesn't take up my whole day.
Anyways, that's what I have to say. I only replied because my post count's kind of up there.
ImageImage
WhatTheFudge

TaylorKnows wrote:They won't add more mods due to "trust" aka no one's kissed their ass enough yet. I've requested several times for there to be more mods in this section so we could have more order around here and not have to PM like 3 mods to get the job done, but they said that there's no one in the group they trust enough. There is one support moddie in here that comes here all the time so I don't get why they just don't bump her and make things easier.
>no one's kissed their ass enough yet
Rofl

>and not have to PM like 3 mods to get the job done
You don't need to PM three mods, or even one. You continuously fail to recall that there is a simple and easy report button. It would take you tops 30 seconds to report something instead of continuously making topics and posts about how we need more mods. We clearly are aware of our mod situation.
BlazeMercy
Talker
Talker

TWDfan wrote:
CandyMomma wrote:By the post count some of you have I'm shocked you even sleep or have time to shower :o
I'm a college student who likes to procrastinate every once and awhile. Plus, when I joined GG I was on Winter break. That leaves a lot of room for computer time. Plus, I'm 19 years old with no kids yet until later on. I take pride in my post count. To be honest, who the fuck cares how large someone's post count is? :?
Anyways, that's what I have to say. I only replied because my post count's kind of up there.
You obviously missed the point. Others were sent away from the fb group because of a low post counts, my point is not EVERYONE has time to sit around on the computer like some of you with nothing to do. You only replied because you are feeling defensive about your post count and feel the need to justify it.
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

CandyMomma wrote: You obviously missed the point. Others were sent away from the fb group because of a low post counts, my point is not EVERYONE has time to sit around on the computer like some of you with nothing to do. You only replied because you are feeling defensive about your post count and feel the need to justify it.
That's the admins position to do so, not mine. I was pretty much saying why my post count was high. I wasn't being defensive at all. You said "By the post count some of you have I'm shocked you even sleep or have time to shower". I just wanted to reply to that. That's all. :D
ImageImage
Littlewaltz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Littlewaltz »

CandyMomma wrote:
TWDfan wrote:
You obviously missed the point. Others were sent away from the fb group because of a low post counts, my point is not EVERYONE has time to sit around on the computer like some of you with nothing to do. You only replied because you are feeling defensive about your post count and feel the need to justify it.
Listen. This isn't some secret club where we go to talk about other people. The group was made with the intent that the people here that post a lot could get to know each other, and that is exactly what it is. Nothing more nothing less. Yes the mods are selective, yes post count matters. Would you want semi-personal/personal information about you being read by any random person that just comes in here and posts a couple of times? I know I don't.

If your life is just soooooo busy and chaotic that you can't possibly manage to rack up a post count on here, why the hell would you want to sit around on Facebook and get to know a bunch of people you don't even interact with on a REGULAR basis, it doesn't make sense and when something doesn't make sense it is usually for a reason.

My post count is moderate as of lately, I work full-time and have a lot of other commitments and I still managed it.
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am and my attitude depends on who you are.

TaylorKnows

WhatTheFudge wrote:
TaylorKnows wrote:They won't add more mods due to "trust" aka no one's kissed their ass enough yet. I've requested several times for there to be more mods in this section so we could have more order around here and not have to PM like 3 mods to get the job done, but they said that there's no one in the group they trust enough. There is one support moddie in here that comes here all the time so I don't get why they just don't bump her and make things easier.
Rofl

You don't need to PM three mods, or even one. You continuously fail to recall that there is a simple and easy report button. It would take you tops 30 seconds to report something instead of continuously making topics and posts about how we need more mods. We clearly are aware of our mod situation.
I do report, but I do find the system messed up. I've heard the story and that was fine when we didn't have such a problem. These things could be cleaned up easier if you fixed it, but you won't. Even when things are reported, they're not always fixed. Look, I get what you're saying, but maybe it's time to start looking more here and start finding someone you can that'll make things easier on everyone. I like this site, I do. But this section functioned better when we had a mod who watched YT moms and was here frequently. In the end, it's your choice and I'll try not to bring it up again but it does annoy me.
WhatTheFudge

TaylorKnows wrote:
WhatTheFudge wrote:
Rofl

I do report, but I do find the system messed up. I've heard the story and that was fine when we didn't have such a problem. These things could be cleaned up easier if you fixed it, but you won't. Even when things are reported, they're not always fixed. Look, I get what you're saying, but maybe it's time to start looking more here and start finding someone you can that'll make things easier on everyone. I like this site, I do. But this section functioned better when we had a mod who watched YT moms and was here frequently. In the end, it's your choice and I'll try not to bring it up again but it does annoy me.
It is quite impossible that things aren't "fixed" when there are reports made. I hardly see any reports from you, but I constantly find you bitching about our mod situation in random places and you go on about how no one is fixing the off-topicness when you contribute to it yourself. You do not understand how frustrating you make this. It is quite offensive.

You are just so gung-ho about adding new mods because we have more issues now, but for the millionth time, it isn't as simple as you think it is. Mods and support mods that we trusted FUCKED shit up. I think Gurugossipers would rather ensure their online security than look past and report problems that essentially don't affect their safety. No?

If you, or anyone else still has a problem with this, feel free to PM me in order to keepthreads from going off-topic.
BlazeMercy
Talker
Talker

Listen. This isn't some secret club where we go to talk about other people. The group was made with the intent that the people here that post a lot could get to know each other, and that is exactly what it is. Nothing more nothing less. Yes the mods are selective, yes post count matters. Would you want semi-personal/personal information about you being read by any random person that just comes in here and posts a couple of times? I know I don't.

If your life is just soooooo busy and chaotic that you can't possibly manage to rack up a post count on here, why the hell would you want to sit around on Facebook and get to know a bunch of people you don't even interact with on a REGULAR basis, it doesn't make sense and when something doesn't make sense it is usually for a reason.
My post count is moderate as of lately, I work full-time and have a lot of other commitments and I still managed it.

LMAO I DONT want to be in a group, never asked to be in a group and have zero desire to be in the group. You obviously have no idea whats going on because you are sounding like an idiot right about now. LMAO I was sticking up for the few people who DID want to be in the group and were singled out because of post count.

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”