Really Young Teenage Parents

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Really Young Teenage Parents

Unread post by strawberries »

Well not the college preparatory one but besides that yes there's one on each campus.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I don't understand the American education system. Is a college prep high school different from a regular one? Do you have to go to college prep high school to go to college?
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

thegooseiscooked wrote:I don't understand the American education system. Is a college prep high school different from a regular one? Do you have to go to college prep high school to go to college?
I can't speak for all American education systems nor Southern California's in general, but in my district a college prep high school is only slightly different. I attended it; they give you higher level classes than the majority of the other schools available that will make you look like a better applicant to the college of your choice. If you understand the material it is simple. The only way you can be admitted is if you pass the state's exam or through their personal testing selection. You can go to a regular high school, a preparatory just pushes you ahead of your peers. To be honest though it's better to go through regular high school. If you are advanced you'll stand out brilliantly in comparison to the prep where everyone's your equal.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

thegooseiscooked wrote:I don't understand the American education system. Is a college prep high school different from a regular one? Do you have to go to college prep high school to go to college?

College prep is a harder curriculum, IMO.
I went to a college prepatory school from pre-k until my senior year when I transferred to a different private school.
The second school was NOT college prep and I was considered "advanced" my sat scores were through the roof compared to the other students.

It's pretty much high school on steroids.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

cakewalked wrote:
strawberries wrote: Every high school in my district has a daycare...
For the students? We have them but it isn't necessarily for the students. My college has one as well but I believe it is mostly for the profs and faculty, considering it is a Baptist college..
Yes for the students. Working parents can use them as well but it's intended for the teens. If a teen & working parent wanted their child to attend the center, the teen is priority & the working parent is put on a waiting list if no space is available.
briannaspeaks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by briannaspeaks »

I just found this girl, she only has this video pertaining to her pregnancy/son. (that I know of)
She seems like one of the few girls that got pregnant REALLY young but is doing fairly good better than some older moms on here.

From the video and some other sources I have gathered that she was 14 when she got pregnant just 2 months shy of her 15th birthday. At the time she was dating her boyfriend for a year already. He's 2 1/2 years older than her, so he was nearly 17 when she got pregnant. Before she got pregnant she was living with her mom and was on the deop shot (she told her mom about her being sexually active and got birth control). She then moved to foster care and wasn't on birth control anymore and ran away a few times, during one of those times she accidently got pregnant.
The father and her are still together (3 years now). She's 16, he's 19. She lives with her grandmother and still goes to school. The father pays for all the needs for the child and ,might I add, she got the IUD :gj: so no more children for a while.

[youtube][/youtube]

"She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)."

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”