Really Young Teenage Parents

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
Jessica.Amber
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Really Young Teenage Parents

Unread post by Jessica.Amber »

I agree, she really wouldn't have been able to see anything.... A 5 week old embryo (not even called a fetus until 8 weeks gestational age or 10 weeks by LMP) is the size of an apple seed. The only thing she would have seen is a blood clot or the sac looking like a blood clot. Not that it wouldn't be traumatizing to see the contents of a miscarriage... but she didn't see what she thinks she did
Lolitalene
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lolitalene »

I have had a couple of early losses, between 5-6weeks and it is just like a really heavy period, there is no "baby/fetus". So Im also jumping on the bs wagon.
Why do girls think faking a pregnancy and loss is a game?

I was still playing with barbies at 16!!!
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Jessica.Amber wrote:I agree, she really wouldn't have been able to see anything.... A 5 week old embryo (not even called a fetus until 8 weeks gestational age or 10 weeks by LMP) is the size of an apple seed. The only thing she would have seen is a blood clot or the sac looking like a blood clot. Not that it wouldn't be traumatizing to see the contents of a miscarriage... but she didn't see what she thinks she did

Okay, going to be blatantly honest here. If I was a young teenager, I have got to say that seeing the contents of a miscarriage in my pants would be a huge frigging relief to me rather than facing the consequences of a teenage pregnancy.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

thegooseiscooked wrote: Yes, but extremely magnified under a microscope. Not really something you'd recognise coming out along with a whole lot of blood and gunk.
Yes, totally. I'm sorry that the picture is so big and "aggressive", but I mean, even in a huge picture you barely see a shape, not remotely arms and legs. It looks more like a tadpole than anything human.

That being said I really don't want to sound disrespectful, my heart goes to everyone who suffered a miscarriage. It's more emotional than physical, all those feelings of loss don't depend just on how advanced it was etc.

But if I were a 13yr old and for some reason I got pregnant and then something happened...I'd probably thank my lucky star and slap myself into being more responsible for the future.
up all night, got demons to fight
namaste
Talker
Talker

Unread post by namaste »

thegooseiscooked wrote:
That being said I really don't want to sound disrespectful, my heart goes to everyone who suffered a miscarriage. It's more emotional than physical, all those feelings of loss don't depend just on how advanced it was etc.

But if I were a 13yr old and for some reason I got pregnant and then something happened...I'd probably thank my lucky star and slap myself into being more responsible for the future.
That's what I was trying to say earlier! I didn't want to come off mean, but I 100% agree with you.
jsully
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by jsully »

The whole time I was watching the last video, I knew it was bullshit. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

It's really not cool to fake a miscarriage like that. It's such a traumatic thing for people who are actually trying to have kids. I hope she matures a little bit and learns her lesson.
SincerelyMe
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SincerelyMe »

We've got to stop giving these girls an audience. I know there has to be some deep rooted issue to why they are even sexually active at such a young age, but honestly we need to really bring sex education into our homes & yes, I'm going to say it... OUR SCHOOLS and teach, teach, teach. Its a crying shame that in this day of birth control, contraceptives and so forth that so many "accidental" pregnancies are occurring. We need to instill a personal moral codes into our young girls that they worth so, so, much more. WORTHY OF MORE. And why do I say this...because I myself was a teenage mom; older teen, but never-these-less a teen. It was a long road, even scary at times. I, thankfully weathered the challenges and now have a teenage son myself that's absolutely amazing, but I am very much aware of just how blessed I've been and how easily my life could have been on the other side of the fence.
Jessica.Amber
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jessica.Amber »

I agree... Not too long ago, girls who got pregnant were sent away. It was seen as a huge embarrassment to the family, and girls were ashamed to be pregnant in high school, not excited and making videos about it online. Girls used to try to hide it and not broadcast it to the whole world. I'm sad at how things have changed... I don't think teen moms should necessarily be ashamed, but they should understand that it's not something to brag about
doulamommy

Unread post by doulamommy »

Having a miscarriage at about 5 weeks, you can't see the baby but you may be able to see "something". When I had my miscarriage, I saw a clot come out that was almost like a bubble. It was probably the "baby" and yolk sac together. But I doubt you could actually see the baby... So maybe she saw the same kind of thing I saw? Just a big clot?

It breaks my heart to see this now that I have my girls and am almost 19. I don't know what I was thinking but imagine these girls are feeling the same. The need to be loved, the need for attention and having gone through it, it's tough and hard. Someone needs to intervene BEFORE girls get pregnant. At 12 or 13 years old though? Yikes.

I can't judge because I've done it but I can say it's really just sad. I got lucky with the support I had. In the US, the system seems to be WAY different with schooling, assistance, daycare etc. I receive 775$ a month for Child Tax and go to a teen mother's school with free daycare. Chances are, these girls dont get that luxury and support.

I'll pray for them <3
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Jeez.
ImageImage
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

Is it weird that they make it look A HUGE success when you manage to be already 17 or 18 and get pregnant? :?
up all night, got demons to fight
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

sleep84 wrote:Is it weird that they make it look A HUGE success when you manage to be already 17 or 18 and get pregnant? :?
I have no idea. I mean you're older, but that doesn't mean it's an accomplishment that you got pregnant at 18 rather than 16.
ImageImage
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

cakewalked wrote:
Jessica.Amber wrote:Holy crap! The first girl amazes me.... First off, what the hell is wrong with her parents? They let their daughter's boyfriend sleep over every weekend for 2 years during middle school and high school!!?? That, to me, is absolutely insane! They may as well have just bought a crib for the room when they allowed that to go on... what did they expect would happen? She's young so of course she wanted her bf to come sleep over, but it's her parents' jobs to guide her and protect her from making big mistakes for which she can't yet foresee the consequences. Secondly, she is all proud of herself that she has a car and her license, doing well in school, starting a job... her parents have made all of that happen for her! She doesn't have an income... they paid for her driving lessons and for the car she's driving. They help her financially by putting the child in daycare or they watch the baby while she's at school and extracurricular activities... she would NOT be able to do any of that without their help! She doesn't pay for anything for that baby, her parents do... bottles, clothes, supplies, EVERYTHING! She acts like she's doing this herself :? I'm sooo glad that she's now getting a job, but that doesn't mean that she'll be financially supporting her son; she can't legally work enough at her age to do so and go to school at the same time. She kept talking about how adoption is the best option if you can't take care of your kid, yet she's not taking care of hers... sure, she plays with him and takes care of him for a few hours after school and when she doesn't have extracurriculars, but that does not make her the primary caregiver!
It blows my mind that girls have kids that aren't even legally able to work yet. Or drive. My mom works in adolescent mental health and she sees 14 year olds with multiple kids, not twins, all the time. It's horrible. I just don't understand. Pretty soon it will be normal for a high school to have a day care center for the students' children.
Seems like society is going backwards. Yes people had kids by 12-14 and multiple by 18. Waaaaay back in the day. But life expectancy was only 40? If anything. Now our life expectancy is 80 and above for females. You have plenty if time to have children. Sheesh my mum had me at 30!
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

cakewalked wrote:
Jessica.Amber wrote:Holy crap! The first girl amazes me.... First off, what the hell is wrong with her parents? They let their daughter's boyfriend sleep over every weekend for 2 years during middle school and high school!!?? That, to me, is absolutely insane! They may as well have just bought a crib for the room when they allowed that to go on... what did they expect would happen? She's young so of course she wanted her bf to come sleep over, but it's her parents' jobs to guide her and protect her from making big mistakes for which she can't yet foresee the consequences. Secondly, she is all proud of herself that she has a car and her license, doing well in school, starting a job... her parents have made all of that happen for her! She doesn't have an income... they paid for her driving lessons and for the car she's driving. They help her financially by putting the child in daycare or they watch the baby while she's at school and extracurricular activities... she would NOT be able to do any of that without their help! She doesn't pay for anything for that baby, her parents do... bottles, clothes, supplies, EVERYTHING! She acts like she's doing this herself :? I'm sooo glad that she's now getting a job, but that doesn't mean that she'll be financially supporting her son; she can't legally work enough at her age to do so and go to school at the same time. She kept talking about how adoption is the best option if you can't take care of your kid, yet she's not taking care of hers... sure, she plays with him and takes care of him for a few hours after school and when she doesn't have extracurriculars, but that does not make her the primary caregiver!
It blows my mind that girls have kids that aren't even legally able to work yet. Or drive. My mom works in adolescent mental health and she sees 14 year olds with multiple kids, not twins, all the time. It's horrible. I just don't understand. Pretty soon it will be normal for a high school to have a day care center for the students' children.
Every high school in my district has a daycare...
thegooseiscooked

Are you frigging serious? Every high school?

We don't even have them in every university yet.

Seriously worried for the world my kids are growing up in :?
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Well not the college preparatory one but besides that yes there's one on each campus.
thegooseiscooked

I don't understand the American education system. Is a college prep high school different from a regular one? Do you have to go to college prep high school to go to college?
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

thegooseiscooked wrote:I don't understand the American education system. Is a college prep high school different from a regular one? Do you have to go to college prep high school to go to college?
I can't speak for all American education systems nor Southern California's in general, but in my district a college prep high school is only slightly different. I attended it; they give you higher level classes than the majority of the other schools available that will make you look like a better applicant to the college of your choice. If you understand the material it is simple. The only way you can be admitted is if you pass the state's exam or through their personal testing selection. You can go to a regular high school, a preparatory just pushes you ahead of your peers. To be honest though it's better to go through regular high school. If you are advanced you'll stand out brilliantly in comparison to the prep where everyone's your equal.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

thegooseiscooked wrote:I don't understand the American education system. Is a college prep high school different from a regular one? Do you have to go to college prep high school to go to college?

College prep is a harder curriculum, IMO.
I went to a college prepatory school from pre-k until my senior year when I transferred to a different private school.
The second school was NOT college prep and I was considered "advanced" my sat scores were through the roof compared to the other students.

It's pretty much high school on steroids.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

cakewalked wrote:
strawberries wrote: Every high school in my district has a daycare...
For the students? We have them but it isn't necessarily for the students. My college has one as well but I believe it is mostly for the profs and faculty, considering it is a Baptist college..
Yes for the students. Working parents can use them as well but it's intended for the teens. If a teen & working parent wanted their child to attend the center, the teen is priority & the working parent is put on a waiting list if no space is available.

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”