Christmas Songs

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
TaylorKnows

Re: Christmas Songs

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

We went to Disney once for Christmas when I was a kid, we were in Magic Kingdom on Christmas Day, and I was amazed at how nice out it was. Then last year we went to Disney in February and it was a nice break from the cold. Where I am, we had a semi-white Christmas last year and a few years before that we got a lot of snow. But honestly I could do without a white Christmas lol. We just had it snow three times in a course of a week and it was crazy. Not all of it has melted yet, so it's icy and slushy. The night we got our tree it wasn't too bad out. As much as I complain about the cold though, I'd rather be freezing then sweating hot. I can easily get warm and get a nice cup of peppermint coco but it takes me awhile to cool off in the heat.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I want to experience a white Christmas just once. I think it would be beautiful. Mulled wine, sitting by a fire singing carols...it's very romantic.

I also like that the Northern Hemisphere has something exciting to look forward to in Winter. We don't. Winter is just winter. No Christmas, no snow, just bleak, grey, drizzly weather. Miserable.

Having said that, it is nice to sit outside for Christmas dinner. Kids are in the pool, adults are all drinking cold, white wine, no colds and coughs and flu, I would miss a Summer Christmas.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by strawberries »

Our weather is the same goose; although significantly colder than the other seasons, I believe that has to do with living by the coast though.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

The only songs I can stand are the non-traditional depressing ones like Happy Christmas (War is Over) and Do They Know It's Christmas.

I feel like I'm over Christmas, which is sad because I just started to get into it a few years ago. :( There hasn't been any holiday spirit around here at all this year.

Next year I hopefully will be living in a warm place where the temperature has never been below freezing. If I never see snow again in my life I will be absolutely fine with that.
RainySundays
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by RainySundays »

FLOSSY77 wrote:Santa Baby, So This Is Christmas, Hard Candy Christmas and anything from The Nutcracker.
Haha, I know this thread is old, but are you talking about hard candy Christmas sung by Dolly Parton? If so I love that song and made my mom play it so much that I broke the tape. She wouldn't buy me another one. She made some 'excuse' that they didn't sell it anymore.

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”