What is everyone doing for Valentines?

This section contains locked and/or inactive discussions from 2012-2014!
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is everyone doing for Valentines?

Unread post by old_soul_here »

What are you doing for valentines day? It's tomorrow here hence the post just curious to see how different people celebrate it, it's not huge here and it's my first year where both my partner and I are doing something for it.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: What is everyone doing for Valentines?

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

While my husband is at work, I'm going to be making peanut butter blossoms to have for dessert ("time of the month" craving bonus HAHA) and making chicken Parmesan and garlic bread for dinner. I got him the one small present he wanted but am going to do a little more when he's actually at work. :)
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ohhh what are peanut butter blossoms? I have never heard of them?
I did sugar cookies and brownies decorated by me and my son, for his lunch, he got a game and supernatural,
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Here's the link to the recipe (and pictures) :)

http://www.howsweeteats.com/2010/12/per ... -blossoms/
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ahhh, looks so good, but I will have to do some research before I give it a go =( We don't do sticks of butter here, well, we do but they're a pound of butter each, so I doubt that's the right amount
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

A stick of butter is 8T.
#FreeBen
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

1 cup of butter = 2 sticks
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

Thank you ladies! I'mma write that down in my cooking book now, I always ee these awesome recipes and I sit there going um what?
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

We're going to this really cute restaurant we passed by all the time while I was pregnant. It & its neighboring shops are all renovated from homes so they have a cozy look/feel to them. There's a koi pond & at night they use Christmas lights to illuminate outdoors. I'm in love. I'd add a picture but I'm getting an error message.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

old_soul_here wrote:Thank you ladies! I'mma write that down in my cooking book now, I always ee these awesome recipes and I sit there going um what?
I take it your butter doesn't have the measurements right on each stick/bar of butter? That's the only way I manage measurements :lol:
old_soul_here
Gossiper
Gossiper

They have the red bars for every 50g, each stick is 500g, or a pound,
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh geez! The things you learn...thanks for that. :)

Image This is more what our recipes refer to.
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

Well it snowed and its alot!! So i'll be spending my Valentine's day with my one true love....my 1 year old nephew :')
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I'll be helping my mom with our daycare kids. I'm having half a dozen strawberries dipped in chocolate delivered.

At night, I'm gonna take a nice bubble bath and then study...trying to make the Dean's list people.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

My husband and I are going out of town tomorrow and we will be house hunting on Friday. BUT my birthday was last week and he scheduled us a couples massage on Monday, so that'll basically be our Valentine's Day thing. It's at a resort hotel and we can use their spa afterwards. It's going to be amaaaazing.
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

School hosts a small scale event including day disco, waltz dancing, secret friend etc so that's probably it for me and Sira. I'll be working and she'll be enjoying it :D To be honest, I am just eagerly waiting for the weekend, nevermind the Valentine's, so that I can rest and maybe finally be rid of this cold.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

Well it's on Friday so I still have to get through Thursday still. So valentines day is on Friday for me. During the day the kids are going to their days while I get my eyes checked before I move. My eye appointment is at 11:30am. Then after I get my eyes checked I'm taking the bus to once upon a child to drop off lots of my sons old clothes since I no longer need boys infant clothes. I found 3 drawers full saved thinking my daughter would be a boy considering I didn't know the gender till I was almost 7 months pregnant. And since I'm leaving on feb 23 or 24 and don't plan on having any more kids I'm getting rid or all the clothes except for the coming home outfits for both the kids and one day outfit and one sleeper. And obvious their baptism/Christening outfit. Then after that I will scoot over to the mall while I wait for them to tally up what they owe me so I will exchange a pair of shoes at footlocker and hopefully get the money on a gift card. Then go back for the money and left over clothes ( I'm hoping none but there could be if there is I will be donating them to the women's shelter on the following Wednesday on the 19 th). Then I will scoot back to the mall to do groceries. Then I will go an wait for the number 10 bus or the number 4 bus. Which ever comes first. I hate waiting in the snow. Not good for my Osteo arthritis I will hop on the bus with everything (which is a bitch because causes lots of pain and pressure and makes me want to just hang myself and jump off a bridge). Go downtown wait for the number 2 then get dropped off right in front of my building :). (Oh I have to be home for 2pm). Call for my daughter to come home for a nap. Put my daughter for a nap. Clean my place. Cook dinner for the kids. Wake my daughter at 5. Change my daughter. Start cooking. Have dinner ready for 6ish. Wait for my son. Have the kids eat between 6-6:30 and then do dish,vacuum, tidy up etc bathe the kids, read books, play, pjs, etc. that's my day/ valentines. So romantic. (Where's the glock?)
mumma2one

Unread post by mumma2one »

Not a great deal really...My partner has work in the morning & will finish about 4pm, so tomorrow will just be like any normal day. Although I did get him a card & a block of choc (Mainly for me,lol). While he is at work I'll just be at home doing all the wife/motherly duties :-)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Got little gifts for my kiddos. They will be pumped. Tonight, my boyfriend is making me dinner and we're exchanging valentines gifts. I painted a... Idk what to call it... But it's like a constellation map of the sky the day we met... On a 24x24 canvas. I also got him something random, an oven mitt and a potholder because he has these weird silicone ones and hates them. I just randomly saw them and bought them for him. Haha.
#FreeBen
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Forever alone, and most of my friends are single so I think we might go to the cinema, get drunk or stuff our faces with food. All sound good to me. Though with the horrible storms and the electricity cutting in and out we may not be able to do anything. It's quite dangerous out there at the moment.

Return to “Locked/Inactive Discussions”