Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OK, Where's the Baby? Part 7 [OKBaby]

Unread post by Nopenope2016 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Nopenope2016 wrote:
SunnyLove wrote:Is giving a baby protein powder safe??! I've never heard of anyone doing that.
I'm pretty sure it's not good for babies at all. According to this health article at least!

"It’s not a very popular idea to give your baby protein powder, and most of the information available on it suggests tht it’s not a good thing to do. Most of the discussion revolves around kids, not babies, and there is a big debate over whether it’s OK for kids to have it. Suffice it to say that if there’s strong enough reasons not to give it to a child, it’s definitely not a good idea for a baby.

Some of the big drawbacks to giving your baby protein powder is that it’s just too much protein. Ounce for ounce most protein powder is essentially all protein, with some sweeteners to make it taste alright and some other additions to try and differentiate it from other powders on the market. Nothing in it is all natural, as all of it has been processed, and most of it is literally created in a lab."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i actually work in the med field and study it in school and you are totally right. There is no evidence that synthetic protein helps brain development. Natural protein (dairy/milk, meat, cheese, eggs, beans, etc) does help aid brain development but protein powder is literally soooo processed and produced in a lab and super chemically and synthetic. It is terrrrrrrible for babies. it also is hard for their digestive systems to process, and considering levi has a sensitive stomach, this can translate to GI problems later on in life. They dont need protein supplements for a baby LOL. Levi does not need that much protein considering he doesnt work out or experience small muscle tears that working out would induce that protein supplements would help fix--he also doesnt need to build extra muscles -_-. These two are idiots, smh.

thank you!! I hate when people can't even go "hey Siri, should I give my kid protein powder" to check whether or not something is okay before handing it to their kids.. not even that but ON CAMERA! I don't understand how they can be so blatantly irresponsible when they make so much money and have two kids.

Why don't they have Levi in daycare or pay a nanny for at least like 3-4 hours a day so they can film content or finish schoolwork?
I know the government where I'm from pays for childcare up to a certain point after 1 regardless of income. Their decisions are just confusing me?

She can't even handle Levi and is pregnant with another baby as we speak. I think she must have thought Levi would grow up a bit before she had the baby but clearly she didn't time everything perfectly.

Nopenope2016
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nopenope2016 »

miamaldari wrote:also..off topic but, i definitely think Levi was a planned pregnancy. they were only together for 3 or 4 months when she got pregnant too! the evidence for me is that when kyra talks about how she found out she was pregnant, she said she tested before her missed period...no reason to do that since you have no symptoms and no indication of pregnancy, unless you knew you'd be pregnant. idk, that whole 'i just felt it' story seems odd to me especially since she had no clue that she was pregnant with mini bug.

I WAS JUST THINKING THIS.. lol total lie like she knew from the get go that she wanted to be making videos.

Try and find her videos from before she was pregnant, they don't exist so she obviously did it for the channel lmao

Let me see if I can find anything on OKBABY before they got pregnant.

Just this and they were pregnant when they posted it because they posted the pregnancy video the next week.. so transparent! Lol "let's become teen parents and start a YouTube channel for money Image"

Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

The problem is they choose to remain ignorant and not listen to anyone else except bug buddies. If anyone remotely try to even advice them they lash back. E.g. The sock incident( she talks abt it in the p.o box, twitter and vlog) and the rash survey( where she asked people who are pregnant and has rash behind their ear and its experience. A guy from med field tried to explain and she was super rude to him). These are the ones on top of my head.
It shows they are bratty, need to be in constant attention and be loved, which is an indication of immaturity. They think what they do is always right,which is up to them, but, they also promote others to follow, which is harmful considering most of them are teens. They think education=debt but don't really know the importance behind it and choose not to.
AmeliaJune42
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AmeliaJune42 »

I'm still laughing at the fact that they "don't want to start the new year behind on vlogs" and yet here they are...still behind. Lol.

I can't stand watching kyras "chit-chat" videos. The way she rambles on and fails to produce simple words like "pump" or "rattle" (I wanted to scream ITS CALLED A RATTLE!!! While she was talking about it.)
AmeliaJune42
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AmeliaJune42 »

As a nurse I actually wanted to jump through the screen and scream at Oscar trying to give kyra that shot. He wipes the size with an alcohol pad and then touches her skin a million times with his ungloved hand.

The vlog two days from now "OSKI BEAR GAVE ME AN INFECTION!?"
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

I cringed during the entire injection process. So unsanitary and unsafe. I would sooner die than let that boy handle a needle anywhere near my body and unborn child, good God.

sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

Lol I thought the scene was funny. Surely kyra can reach that part of her body and do it herself though lol.
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

Nopenope2016 wrote:
SunnyLove wrote:Is giving a baby protein powder safe??! I've never heard of anyone doing that.
I'm pretty sure it's not good for babies at all. According to this health article at least!

"It’s not a very popular idea to give your baby protein powder, and most of the information available on it suggests tht it’s not a good thing to do. Most of the discussion revolves around kids, not babies, and there is a big debate over whether it’s OK for kids to have it. Suffice it to say that if there’s strong enough reasons not to give it to a child, it’s definitely not a good idea for a baby.

Some of the big drawbacks to giving your baby protein powder is that it’s just too much protein. Ounce for ounce most protein powder is essentially all protein, with some sweeteners to make it taste alright and some other additions to try and differentiate it from other powders on the market. Nothing in it is all natural, as all of it has been processed, and most of it is literally created in a lab."

i actually work in the med field and study it in school and you are totally right. There is no evidence that synthetic protein helps brain development. Natural protein (dairy/milk, meat, cheese, eggs, beans, etc) does help aid brain development but protein powder is literally soooo processed and produced in a lab and super chemically and synthetic. It is terrrrrrrible for babies. it also is hard for their digestive systems to process, and considering levi has a sensitive stomach, this can translate to GI problems later on in life. They dont need protein supplements for a baby LOL. Levi does not need that much protein considering he doesnt work out or experience small muscle tears that working out would induce that protein supplements would help fix--he also doesnt need to build extra muscles -_-. These two are idiots, smh.

What if it is a "Plant based" protein powder? Knowledge me up, girl. I am preggo and a vegetarian and occasionally I will use a protein powder. Not a daily supplement but sometimes I can't stomach anything and I figure it's better than nothing.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Ardnaid wrote:There was a blogger I used to read ages ago. She was LDS. She kept her son in a pack and play in the bathroom for the longest time. I was a part of another gossip forum and they harassed her enough that she stopped. That poor kid. He was even older than Levi, iirc. He also had speech delats because he was basically a photo prop for his mom and his dad wasn't too involved. I never realized the parallels until now. Lol. But the husband was demeaning of his wife's weight, he even locked up the cheese so she couldn't eat it. I wonder how long before Oscar pulls something like that.
Holy shit, That Wife. She was/is an absolute mess.
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

At the end of today's video, they showed mini bug moving around in Kyra's belly!! Oscar's reaction? "yuck" :evil:
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

Wtf.
Oscar said yuck while he was filming her belly move.
If my husband said yuck while watching our baby move I'd kick him in the teeth.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

ilovelamp wrote:
Nopenope2016 wrote: I'm pretty sure it's not good for babies at all. According to this health article at least!

What if it is a "Plant based" protein powder? Knowledge me up, girl. I am preggo and a vegetarian and occasionally I will use a protein powder. Not a daily supplement but sometimes I can't stomach anything and I figure it's better than nothing.

Hi there! I am vegan (have been for over 8 years) and had a vegan pregnancy! I never even used any sort of protein powders. Just ate simple Whole Foods! I got plenty of protein from beans, lentils, sweet potatoes, spinach and broccoli. :)

LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

Why does kyra's Instagram say owner of kbabyplanning? Did she start a business? I am behind on vlogs and don't feel like watching...did i miss something? Lol
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

LuckyCharm wrote:Why does kyra's Instagram say owner of kbabyplanning? Did she start a business? I am behind on vlogs and don't feel like watching...did i miss something? Lol
It's not a business, it's just an instagram account but she calls herself the owner so she can feel fancy

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

So sad when oscar was like "oh yeah I don't think we've shown mini bug kicking". But how many times have you shown yourself sledding in the snow? Or clips of your drone footage? I thought this was a family channel. I guess 13 year olds don't want to hear about the pregnancy they only care once they see the baby so they can comment "how cute!"

It would have been really nice if kyra did a "what they don't tell you about pregnancy" video so she can inform her younger viewers.

One thing they don't tell you about having a baby is afterwards they push on your stomach to remove the blood and to see if your blood is clotting and it is seriously more painful than giving birth. But to be fair kyra did have a c section so she didn't get to experience that.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

ilovelamp wrote:
Nopenope2016 wrote:

haha sure girly! Anything that is highly processed is not very good for you generally. It is often synthetic and produced with a ton of chemicals that arent good for you. It's fine if YOU use protein powder (not the best and certainly not better than natural protein--but not really harmful and generally ok in moderation for the most part), we are just talking about giving it to a baby that is unsafe and unnecessary. I'd say it's better than not getting any protein in for you in this case! Supplements and protein powder are actually not reviewed by the FDA so that is why they arent necessarily recommended or the best source of whatever they are supplying out there, unless you have a deficiency and arent getting it from your diet. I suggest trying to get as much protein as you can from your diet, but I think supplementing a protein shake here and there honestly is better than nothing and not terrible for you! Just dont give it to your babies xD
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Unknowngirly wrote:So sad when oscar was like "oh yeah I don't think we've shown mini bug kicking". But how many times have you shown yourself sledding in the snow? Or clips of your drone footage? I thought this was a family channel. I guess 13 year olds don't want to hear about the pregnancy they only care once they see the baby so they can comment "how cute!"

It would have been really nice if kyra did a "what they don't tell you about pregnancy" video so she can inform her younger viewers.

One thing they don't tell you about having a baby is afterwards they push on your stomach to remove the blood and to see if your blood is clotting and it is seriously more painful than giving birth. But to be fair kyra did have a c section so she didn't get to experience that.
EEEEEK. The more I find out about pregnancy/labor/delivery the more terrified I become. it sounds like the most painful/awful thing EVER. >< I want kids forsure but I am NOT looking forward to any of the process leading up to them being born and me being healed.
Ardnaid
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ardnaid »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
Ardnaid wrote:There was a blogger I used to read ages ago. She was LDS. She kept her son in a pack and play in the bathroom for the longest time. I was a part of another gossip forum and they harassed her enough that she stopped. That poor kid. He was even older than Levi, iirc. He also had speech delats because he was basically a photo prop for his mom and his dad wasn't too involved. I never realized the parallels until now. Lol. But the husband was demeaning of his wife's weight, he even locked up the cheese so she couldn't eat it. I wonder how long before Oscar pulls something like that.
Holy shit, That Wife. She was/is an absolute mess.
Oh my God, someone else knows her! I stopped reading her, but I went back when I posted this and I see her blog is gone, she just does photography now? The gossiping must have finally gotten to her... I wonder if her cheese is still locked up?
Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

Unknowngirly wrote:So sad when oscar was like "oh yeah I don't think we've shown mini bug kicking". But how many times have you shown yourself sledding in the snow? Or clips of your drone footage? I thought this was a family channel. I guess 13 year olds don't want to hear about the pregnancy they only care once they see the baby so they can comment "how cute!"

EEEEEK. The more I find out about pregnancy/labor/delivery the more terrified I become. it sounds like the most painful/awful thing EVER. >< I want kids forsure but I am NOT looking forward to any of the process leading up to them being born and me being healed.
Haha soul! Wait till you start ob/gy rotations. You'll have to delivery a minimum number, assist in c-section, if your chummy with the attending suture up the layers/ separate uv fold(tricky). That rotation is a nightmare. Night shifts, no sleep, no food on time, women screaming. During delivery you'll not just have amniotic fluid sprayed but see the women poop but wipe it off and give perineal support. :D
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

That would be a cool video for her to do! There is a lot she could include even though she did have a c section. Like how for some around your incision it stays completely numb forever, or the swelling post partum many get. She just seems so scattered and indifferent when it comes to this pregnancy. She'd rather do a candle haul..... BORING.

Return to “OKBaby”