OkBaby: Part 8

alexandramarie
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by alexandramarie »

I really like Kyra now, she's becoming like a wonder mom in my opinion she does all the cooking cleaning and spends a lot of time with Buggy (besides the naps) she seems more happy and that she's found herself as a mother. I think sometimes Oscar was so over powering that it made her look boring when sometimes she wasn't. I really hope she keeps it up because I'm really enjoying watching her. Oscar on the other hand could we sign a petition to remove him from the vlogs? ps Kyra is definitely reading here or maybe doing more research because she's started doing different things with Buggy such as reading before putting him to sleep so he calms down which is showing improvement on her behalf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

I honestly feel like the problem with time-out isn't that Levi's too young, it's that he's getting so many mixed signals and they keep half-assing the whole thing. I think if they put effort into it rather than shoving him into a corner and barricading it with a baby gate, he'd catch on quickly and learn to redirect his behavior. The American Academy of Pediatrics says it's fine to start at age 1, but only with proper technique. A quote:

"A time-out isn't a punishment. It's an opportunity for your child to learn how to cope with frustration and modify his behavior. While your child is in a time-out, he's on his own, so try to let him sit in solitude for a few moments. Any attention from you – positive or negative – only reinforces unwanted behavior." They go on to say that forcing your child into it is the completely wrong idea, which is what O and K are doing with the baby gate.

The problem is, Kyra's listening to fucking 12 year old bug buddies in the comments section who have no actual experience with children Lol.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I just have to comment because I just got caught up. Before today the last vlog I watched was the potty training one. These two are such idiots. They leave the house with him in diapers every day. It is so confusing for him to be able to go in a diaper sometimes and in the potty sometimes. When I first potty trained I stayed home for 3 solid days so he had the hang of it before leaving. It would probably take longer with such a small child.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Q: What's with these packages they're sending out to the minions? Are they giveaways or merch or something else?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Scar2016 wrote:Q: What's with these packages they're sending out to the minions? Are they giveaways or merch or something else?
It's probably clothes from the resale app she uses.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

webbygurl626 wrote:Oh poor thing is gonna look just like Oscar!

I actually think Oscar has potential to be handsome lol. Like when he's not over exaggerating his facial expressions and when he's SILENT (keeps his mouth shut) he's pretty cute!

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Uhh around the 8:40 mark is that another Starbucks cup why lie about getting her coffee!!

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Sorry for the double post but Oscar actually said if Keira didn't want Levi he would have forced her to have him! Haha I love it when men think they have a say over a women's body!

Thoseonevloggers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Thoseonevloggers »

Anyone have any ideas as to what they will be naming their daughter? I feel like it will be something either ridiculous or very basic. I know for a while Novalee was speculated.
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

They sent like the people who name their kids "normal" names
I don't think we'll get anything crazy out of them.
Levi is a nice normal name that he will be able to take into adulthood and not look lIke a fool.
I think theyll give their daughter a decent name.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I know Kyra hates her name, even tho I think it's pretty lol. So she might go super classic with it.

BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

kkkk wrote:
BlueMountains wrote:
olivialinnea101 wrote:

Yes you can schedule an induction but the policies on when is different depending on each OBGYN. My OB wouldn't schedule an induction until atleast 41 weeks pregnant (so you have to be atleast one week overdue)
Oh makes sense and thanks, I don't have kids so I had no idea if you were able to.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
For a VBAC, unless theres a medical issue OBs/midwives do not like to induce. If mom's dilated a little, you can use a foley bulb to help manually dilate and even low pitocin but it's always best especially for a VBAC mom, to go into labor spontaneously. I know mom's who have had to be induced and still had successful VBACs, but knowing she has an internal inverted T incision her OB would probably never induce her as her risk of rupture is slightly higher.

For a mom without a history of cesarean, it is possible to schedule an induction date in the absence of medical complications and many OBs like that because it's "convenient".

But unless something is going on, it is always preferred and better if you go into labor spontaneously especially as a VBAC :)

Ok thank you! I had no idea, I know bonnie didn't have a v-bac, but she should of went into labor on her own then?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

I put Novalee and Levi into Nymbler just out of curiosity to see what came up, and these were some of the choices. I like a lot of these.
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 3.47.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 3.50.07 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

I had a lot of hope for them that they were classic name people, but once I heard Novalee was a contender I lost that hope. That's a hideous made up name that sounds like the name of a medication you'd hear on the tv. My opinion of course.

The list above has a lot of cute options. Levi and Molly would be adorable. Or Levi and Sophie. Or Levi and Ella/Ava.

ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

blahblahblahhh wrote:I had a lot of hope for them that they were classic name people, but once I heard Novalee was a contender I lost that hope. That's a hideous made up name that sounds like the name of a medication you'd hear on the tv. My opinion of course.

The list above has a lot of cute options. Levi and Molly would be adorable. Or Levi and Sophie. Or Levi and Ella/Ava.

Lol yeah I'm really glad Kyra had good enough judgment to scrap that name at the last minute. Though I suspect that if Oscar hadn't blabbed it on Younow, that would be her name.

I also really like Levi/Sophie or Ella! I hope they don't jump on this stupid, made-up baby name trend that YT moms seem to be fixated on.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

Also I would hate my name if I were Kyra too. Every single time I see it, even after finding their channel over a year ago, my brain automatically pronounces it k-eye-ruh. I'm assuming she deals with that all the time. I don't get why her mom didn't just spell is Keira, like everyone else I've ever met who pronounces it that way.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I like Leah with Levi. That's adorable.

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

blahblahblahhh wrote:Also I would hate my name if I were Kyra too. Every single time I see it, even after finding their channel over a year ago, my brain automatically pronounces it k-eye-ruh. I'm assuming she deals with that all the time. I don't get why her mom didn't just spell is Keira, like everyone else I've ever met who pronounces it that way.

Before reading your post I never thought about the fact that for an english native, her name isn't automatically pronounced as she prounounces it (because in my language I read it as she and Oscar say it), I actually I way prefer the way her name is pronounced compared with Keira (because I always liked the name Kira and with a "y" I think it"s even prettier) but I can imagine how annoying it must be to always have your name "mispronounced" (this happens to my sister all the time in school and I know it really annoys her).
I am looking forward to knowing their daughter's name, I actually really like Levi's name (the way it's pronounced in english, in french I find terrible) but I don't really like "Novalee" so I am curious to know their final decision
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

Guys we really need a new thread!!

This one is getting way to big.

Name suggestions??
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

I just watched their video and I had fun watchcing them laugh together but I was so annoyed by Oscar in the comment of the day. I don't want to launch a debate but I have to say it: when Oscar said that if Kira wouldn't have wanted Levi, he would have forced her to keep him (so prevent her from having an abortion) to, after the delivery, raise him by himself, I was really annoyed because as much as I understand that it sucks in the situation where the mother doesn't want to continue her pregnancy (so wants to abort) when the father wants the child, she can't be "forced" to stay pregnant (well I read that it will be possible in Arkansas but I don't think it's right), it's her body, she is not just a baby incubator!!!! Being pregnant, even to give the baby up for adoption, is not without consequences so he really chocked me when he said that! (Once again I don't want to lauch a debate but he made me quite mad and "unease" when he said that)

Return to “OKBaby”