OKBaby vs. KKandBabyJ

rosethorn12
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKBaby vs. KKandBabyJ

Unread post by rosethorn12 »

rosethorn12 wrote:We actually haven't heard Jackson say hungry anymore. I think the only word Jackson says and understands what it means is night night. Jackson does say ball but I'm not sure he knows what it means. He would definitely strive if he didn't have a pacifier. I have to look but on one video he is screeching and the clip is cut off then he has a pacifier. No Keren teach him not to scream, don't just shove a pacifier.
Levi on the other hand only says hi. But he is a lot more expressive and can stack up blocks, makes car noises, attempts to read, vaccums.
Each kid is learning in their own way but their parents need to work with them more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Forgot to mention that Jackson does kick a ball too.

Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

I feel like Levi visiting will be good for Jackson. Already he is without his paci for the whole of today's vlog. It's actually really nice to see the 2 boys running and playing together. Very cute.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

rosethorn12 wrote:We actually haven't heard Jackson say hungry anymore. I think the only word Jackson says and understands what it means is night night. Jackson does say ball but I'm not sure he knows what it means. He would definitely strive if he didn't have a pacifier. I have to look but on one video he is screeching and the clip is cut off then he has a pacifier. No Keren teach him not to scream, don't just shove a pacifier.
Levi on the other hand only says hi. But he is a lot more expressive and can stack up blocks, makes car noises, attempts to read, vaccums.
Each kid is learning in their own way but their parents need to work with them more.

i have never heard jackson say hungry. and naaaa doesnt equate with night night and he doesnt only say it when he's tired if you watch the vlogs lol
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

when he hears yes levi nods his head and when he hears no he shakes it so he understands that and uses them accordingly too and when kyra asks him to do things, he understands and does those things so he has a higher level of comprehension than jackson. When kyra tells him to dance he dances for ex.
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Newmomma »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
i have never heard jackson say hungry. and naaaa doesnt equate with night night and he doesnt only say it when he's tired if you watch the vlogs lol
Watch recent vlogs of KK when kareṅ says he kept saying night night and went to bed early and how exhausted he was. Well we didn't hear but doesn't mean it didn't happen? She had 2 kids crying and being grumpy wouldn't blame if she wasn't recording.
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:when he hears yes levi nods his head and when he hears no he shakes it so he understands that and uses them accordingly too and when kyra asks him to do things, he understands and does those things so he has a higher level of comprehension than jackson. When kyra tells him to dance he dances for ex.
Frankly I don't think Levi understands those questions. My niece is as old as Levi and if you ask her any question, even questions like "do you think mama drives well?",based on the tone/her mood she says "yaa" or "nah". Its hilarious. I think even Levi does the same based on the questions asked to him. But yes his following command is excellent!
But her vocab is amazing. She knows her ABCs, draws lines, builds blocks, knows animals, knows trash/wash for clothes and garbage. Once she hit her head against the bed frame and looks up saying" momo monkeys ping on the bed". :D but then again my SIL is a paediatrician so no surprises. Lol
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Newmomma wrote:
Watch recent vlogs of KK when kareṅ says he kept saying night night and went to bed early and how exhausted he was. Well we didn't hear but doesn't mean it didn't happen? She had 2 kids crying and being grumpy wouldn't blame if she wasn't recording.
i did.. and you can clearly see him saying naaa naaaa even when he isnt sleepy lol. Keren lies a TON. i frankly dont believe much that comes out of her mouth
Newmomma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Newmomma wrote:
i did.. and you can clearly see him saying naaa naaaa even when he isnt sleepy lol. Keren lies a TON. i frankly dont believe much that comes out of her mouth
But naa naa isn't same as nigh nigh?
Okay..I can't make a person believe some internet person over internet. lol I don't know karen personally neither came across her lying, maybe cos I don't pay much attention and correlate. But considering the fact that Khoa told he's picking up words and associating them, I would give the benefit of doubt. Toddlers that age need not say the whole word, it's hard for people outside the family to understand them at that age.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Naa naa can mean night night. My son says naa nai. Their words can be one syllable or said incorrectly, but if they associate it with a meaning it is counted as a word. Like he says ba for bath and baw for ball. Those count.

Everyone hates the poor child's mom so much, they want him to be super delayed when he is really not that far behind. You guys also love Levi so much you want him to be ahead of Jackson. Both Levi and Jackson are speech delayed, Levi is a little more delayed in speech than Jackson. Jackson is more advanced than Levi in his physical skills, walking running and climbing. Levi is more advanced with his social skills with following direction etc. I think Jackson does fine with that though he kicks a ball and points to his nose, he also associates the controller with the boosted board and brought it to khoa so he could go for a ride.

And before you say anything I hate keren and Kyra but love the babies, I watch to see them grow and develop because they are close in age to my youngest son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

^^^ I agree.
I just think all children are so different at this age that it's hard to compare their development.

Hate the parents all you want but the kiddos are sweet and shouldn't be compared so harshly.

Where one may seem advanced the other might be delayed and vice versa, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the child, kids just develop in different ways at different speeds.

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

different topic: Khoa vs Oscar. Now that they're together does anyone else feel like they don't like each other very much? I distinctly recall thinking this the first time they went to Florida but then I chalked it up to not knowing each other. This time it's more subtle- I have a sense that Oscar doesn't known what to talk about/ is embarrassed and Khoa is putting up with him and entertaining him like he did with Keren's nephew rather than enjoying his company like he does with Lauren or Bianca or other friends his age. Oscar seemed obsessed with the toys but not really interacting with Khoa much. While Kyra has caught up to Keren in terms of maturity Oscar still has the personality of a child whereas Khoa-who is still playful and loves toys- behaves/thinks/interacts more like and adult. I think he's going to be a good role model for Oscar.
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

^^^
All this.
Plus the only thing that bothers me on KK vlogs is seeing Oscar. I don't have the tolerance to see him on both channels. He's voice and character are annoying AF!!!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

*his

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

sasperillo wrote:different topic: Khoa vs Oscar. Now that they're together does anyone else feel like they don't like each other very much? I distinctly recall thinking this the first time they went to Florida but then I chalked it up to not knowing each other. This time it's more subtle- I have a sense that Oscar doesn't known what to talk about/ is embarrassed and Khoa is putting up with him and entertaining him like he did with Keren's nephew rather than enjoying his company like he does with Lauren or Bianca or other friends his age. Oscar seemed obsessed with the toys but not really interacting with Khoa much. While Kyra has caught up to Keren in terms of maturity Oscar still has the personality of a child whereas Khoa-who is still playful and loves toys- behaves/thinks/interacts more like and adult. I think he's going to be a good role model for Oscar.
Nah. Khoa literally just stayes at O&K's house a cpl months ago by himself to hang out with Oscar.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

K & K are setting Jackson up for a bad lifelong habit with putting a tv in front of him to eat or do anything I don't know why they would not care except for their selfishness for making things easier for them in the moment trumps any long term negative effects.
It surprised me they put Jackson rear facing as they should be when they do so many other things backwards vice versa with Kyra and Oscar putting Levi the wrong way when they seem to have a better grasp on doing other things right more than K&K.
It is always interesting when they get together to note the differences.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ok literally noone is claiming that levi is totally more advanced than jackson lol. idk where you people see that...people were saying that in speech, they're both delayed but levi shows more comprehension. Jackson is ahead in gross motor skills, levi is ahead in fine motor skills. levi is ahead in comprehension in some aspects (directions, roles for various household objects, tools, mimicking, responding to his name/knowing his name means him, engaging and showing some response or comprehension when his parents talk to him), while jackson is ahead in a few others (pointing to body parts and doing wheels on the bus). Levi has more of a personality and is better with association, directions, empathy, showing emotion, and social skills while jackson is behind on those. i think both kids are language delayed but that is common in boys. neither are special needs or anything like that and im sure they will catch up but honestly both parents need to step up. I hand it to kyra for playing with toys with levi sometimes, reading while he is paying attention, and talking TO him and giving him directions and teaching him some stuff. Keren doesnt do ANY of that for jackson. Thank goodness khoa is starting to a bit for jackson. it is deff all bc of the parents not stimulating them enough
majorgossiper34
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by majorgossiper34 »

Pineapples wrote:I feel like Levi visiting will be good for Jackson. Already he is without his paci for the whole of today's vlog. It's actually really nice to see the 2 boys running and playing together. Very cute.

I agree. I think it will definitely help Jackson learn more because he will want to be around Levi, who will be doing more challenging things.
rosethorn12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rosethorn12 »

Like I said he doesn't say hungry anymore. But there's old vlogs when he used to say it. It wasn't all the time either but he did say it when he was hungry. I think I heard it maybe twice. I think we call all agree that both kids need to be stimulated more.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

The over riding common denominator is the questionable level of parental stimuli input on both sides.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
alexandramarie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandramarie »

missy-1010 wrote:
wolflily23 wrote:
missy-1010 wrote:My mom read to my sister and I when we were NEWBORNS. We were in daycare at an early age (I was about 2 when I started)
We were never dependent on soothers, we were dependent on our baby blankets (which isn't as bad)
Anyway, my sister and I both ended up having high school reading levels in early elementary. I read my first chapter book in kindergarten (it was a Mona the Vampire one, but still)
Both these families need to take away the pacifiers and bottles and freakin read to the kids in a meaningful way, and get them out to socialize like holy.

I agree that they should be reading to them more (both families) but having a pacifier or bottle has no affect on how well they'll be able to read lol
My daughter uses a pacifier (for sleeping only!) and I make sure we read every single day. It has everything to do with the parent actually taking the time to read to them.
Oh god yeah lol I reread what I wrote and realize it didn't make much sense haha.
I moreso meant that if they take those things away, and read to the children, they'll learn to speak better, especially Jackson. That kid is so far behind in speech it's horrifying.

I don't know hey, I think we forget sometimes that these boys aren't even 2 yet they are toddlers! being dependent on a blanket or pacifier is pretty normal isn't it? And I'm sure Karen and Kyra don't want them to grow up too fast like any mom! Also don't think it has a massive effect on developing skills unless other major factors are involved as well. Coming from me who has a pacifier until I was 5 and I came top in my grade last year (:

Return to “OKBaby”