heyyyhi
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBabiesRaisingBabies: Part 12

Unread post by heyyyhi »

yallstupid wrote:
heyyyhi wrote:I don't really watch them but saw the blog saying they were stuck in escrow and that they may lose all of the money they put down on the house. I was curious how much money they actually put down on the house.

So I looked up what I'm 99.99% positive is the house they want, and if they put the standard 20% down, they paid around $88,000. I can't imagine not only doing that, but paying extra to extend the paperwork deadline and they don't know if they're actually getting the house. It seems irresponsible to me.

And the house they want isn't $700k. It's definitely a lot less than that.
No one KNOWS the house they want, they didn't really give that many clues to it :S dunno why everyone is so sure of themselves there are a ton of houses that fit the things she said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There aren't many houses with seven bedrooms in their area and on the website I went on it said "pending", which means that someone is in the process of buying the house.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I am soo confused, did they get the house and can't move in until the 9th or were they saying that are still waiting to find out if they got the house?
hippie_vegan_mama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hippie_vegan_mama »

dnbunny wrote:Also, unfortunately.. spending money often equates to lots of views on YouTube. So in the long run, just like her getting pregnant a second time, spending 700k on a house is a drop in the bucket for what they'll be profiting off of the moving/house tour/decorating vlogs coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ikr its sad that these youtubers pop out kids one after another to help with views (obviously not their only reason but probably at least a little) I have a feeling Kyra will probably want another baby once alaya is a little older like she did with levi.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Have you guys seen this?! Okbaby was in the LA times about Nice, France attacks. they did a whole story about OK and oscar's sister
http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la- ... story.html
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Ellie and Jared have a similar amount of subscribers. A few months ago someone caught a screen shot of their income. It was 56k a month.

Are you serious? I try really hard not to feel jealous, because honestly, what's the point... But damn, I wish I could earn that much money doing nothing too lol
And O&K get more views than Ellie and Jared, so I'm guessing they earn even more than that
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

hippie_vegan_mama wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
hippie_vegan_mama wrote: Where did you see this? 56k/month would be over 600k+ a year which would mean they could afford way way more than they spend or do. I mean I could be wrong but that seems a tad extravagant.
Ellie had a video where she was flipping through her planner and someone paused at the budget and took a screenshot. O&k spend less than a lot of other vloggers. We will see though most vloggers change and start spending when they buy a house.

wow thats insane! smh over the fact that these people make that much money for doing basically nothing lol.
It's really not fair! These youtubers barely do anything and make so much money while there are people who work so hard and can't even make ends meet.

yallstupid
Talker
Talker

Unread post by yallstupid »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Have you guys seen this?! Okbaby was in the LA times about Nice, France attacks. they did a whole story about OK and oscar's sister
Yup old news. Image
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:Have you guys seen this?! Okbaby was in the LA times about Nice, France attacks. they did a whole story about OK and oscar's sister
I find that really disturbing. This new generation of vloggers, and especially their children, will never know any kind of privacy anymore. This was a very sad, stressful, intimate moment between a girl and her mother who was at the other part of the world, during a very critical moment of her life and it is recorded forever. There will be no respect for sadness, death, and mourn anymore. All that will just be some nice vlog content which hundreds of people are going to watch on a screen for entertainment purpose. I don't know if that makes sense.
teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

Lyanna wrote:
I find that really disturbing. This new generation of vloggers, and especially their children, will never know any kind of privacy anymore. This was a very sad, stressful, intimate moment between a girl and her mother who was at the other part of the world, during a very critical moment of her life and it is recorded forever. There will be no respect for sadness, death, and mourn anymore. All that will just be some nice vlog content which hundreds of people are going to watch on a screen for entertainment purpose. I don't know if that makes sense.
I think they only posted it because she wasn't harmed. I'm sure if she was involved physically in the attack they would never have uploaded the footage.

juststardust
Talker
Talker

Unread post by juststardust »

Lyanna wrote:
I get where you're coming from but Korina obviously consented this. So much so that when the journalist contacted her she had no issue giving a small interview. Maybe you wouldn't be okay with it but she clearly was otherwise I'm sure the video would've never seen daylight, let alone would she have agreed to give out a statement to an LA Times reporter. This video is nothing compared to the way the media is constantly showing pictures and videos of dead or injured brown and black bodies, at least Korina consented to this and Aimee is okay (at least physically, I hope she's sought mental help for this).
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

I know the majority are saying why such a big house seeing as they only have two kids at the moment but if Korina and the kids come and stay and if Oscar and his kids come and stay then that's why they got such a big home and if Keren and Khoa come visit etc it makes sense seeing as Oscars side of the family is massive
HarlowCarlo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by HarlowCarlo »

Honestly I dislike OK so much but y'all who are complaining saying they're buying a house too big and it has too many rooms blah blah. Like it's a smart move for them cause they plan on having more kids and they'll prolly have their friends staying so guest rooms and an office and playroom, like I bet if they bought a 4 bedroom house you guys would say it's too small. Also ew I just said OK did a smart move. I'm gunna see myself out.

Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Highlighter »

HarlowCarlo wrote:Honestly I dislike OK so much but y'all who are complaining saying they're buying a house too big and it has too many rooms blah blah. Like it's a smart move for them cause they plan on having more kids and they'll prolly have their friends staying so guest rooms and an office and playroom, like I bet if they bought a 4 bedroom house you guys would say it's too small. Also ew I just said OK did a smart move. I'm gunna see myself out.

Here are some smarter moves:
- Getting on the same page about how many kids they both actually want before the buy a house with loads of bedrooms.
- Decide if they should actually stay in Utah even though Oscar has said that they were all happiest when they were in California (or Florida).
- Fix up the destroyed walls in their flat.
- Get Kyra back to school so she can get some qualifications.

On a side note: Alaya has old man hair but she has the cutest little smile ever omg.
waitwhat
Informer
Informer

Unread post by waitwhat »

Highlighter wrote:
HarlowCarlo wrote:Honestly I dislike OK so much but y'all who are complaining saying they're buying a house too big and it has too many rooms blah blah. Like it's a smart move for them cause they plan on having more kids and they'll prolly have their friends staying so guest rooms and an office and playroom, like I bet if they bought a 4 bedroom house you guys would say it's too small. Also ew I just said OK did a smart move. I'm gunna see myself out.

- Getting on the same page about how many kids they both actually want before the buy a house with loads of bedrooms.
- Decide if they should actually stay in Utah even though Oscar has said that they were all happiest when they were in California (or Florida).

On a side note: Alaya has old man hair but she has the cutest little smile ever omg.

Thank you. Especially for the first two points.

HarlowCarlo I think everyone can "complain" about whatever they want here, as long as a mod doesn't say anything(and why should they), I don't see the problem. You have your opinion and we have yours, I think it's perfectly fine.What's the matter?
The above comment is not about you. It's about the Youtuber whose name I'm mentioning in said comment. Please do not take it personally. Thank you for understanding :)
girl_please
Talker
Talker

Unread post by girl_please »

I don't care that they bought an excessively large house either. I'm honestly just anxious to see what it actually looks like. But it's not like they were even looking for a 7 bedroom house, as far as I can tell, they just found one that they liked that happened to have 7 bedrooms and that doesn't seem that crazy to me with a $700K budget in Utah.

I don't think that one of the bedrooms is going to be a playroom though, I assumed they'd use a family/living room type of room for that, at least those are usually the areas that I see that get turned into playrooms the most often, but I guess I don't know many people with 7 bedroom homes. I just figured they'd want a playroom that's more out in the open, rather than one that is probably out of the way of the main living area of a home. I guess we'll see in anywhere from 6-47 days from now. :P
theshamanisright1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by theshamanisright1 »

Highlighter wrote:

Can they have more kids? can't Kyra only have one more because she had two c sections? or is that a myth?
Also, Alaya is the sweetest. She's got such a funny little face
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

According to socialbade, they make between 3.1-49.2k$ per month! (it used to be over 50k when they uploaded more frequently). I heard somewhere that the right amount is a bit less than half the highest number, so they are maybe earning about 20k per month (even more before). plus sponserships and kbaby.
I think the theory could be right, jesssfam shows up to 16k on socialblade and on her thread people posted a screenshot that she earns about 7k a month...
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

So sad that kaitlin the babysitter is the apparently the only one that can keep levi still and happy...his own parents can't. also i thought they were teaching him not to scream inside yet in the new vlog they're screaming to provoke him to scream.

on another note, im curious why oscar just doesnt cut his hair if he hates it so much. you're starting to grow a mullet oscar.. is he just really lazy about it? Also the word he was looking for was cooperate not compromise. stay in school kids!
xoxoal3xandra
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xoxoal3xandra »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... f067f7.png[/img]

EW.

sjla6993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sjla6993 »

theshamanisright1 wrote:
Highlighter wrote:

Can they have more kids? can't Kyra only have one more because she had two c sections? or is that a myth?
Also, Alaya is the sweetest. She's got such a funny little face
Definitely just a myth. And one that I've only ever heard on this thread lol. It's obviously not recommended to keep have a bunch of C-section babies but it is possible. I know plenty of people with multiple C-section babies, including my own mother.

Return to “OKBaby”