theshamanisright1
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBabiesRaisingBabies: Part 12

Unread post by theshamanisright1 »

Highlighter wrote:
HarlowCarlo wrote:Honestly I dislike OK so much but y'all who are complaining saying they're buying a house too big and it has too many rooms blah blah. Like it's a smart move for them cause they plan on having more kids and they'll prolly have their friends staying so guest rooms and an office and playroom, like I bet if they bought a 4 bedroom house you guys would say it's too small. Also ew I just said OK did a smart move. I'm gunna see myself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are some smarter moves:
- Getting on the same page about how many kids they both actually want before the buy a house with loads of bedrooms.
- Decide if they should actually stay in Utah even though Oscar has said that they were all happiest when they were in California (or Florida).
- Fix up the destroyed walls in their flat.
- Get Kyra back to school so she can get some qualifications.

On a side note: Alaya has old man hair but she has the cutest little smile ever omg.
Can they have more kids? can't Kyra only have one more because she had two c sections? or is that a myth?
Also, Alaya is the sweetest. She's got such a funny little face
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

According to socialbade, they make between 3.1-49.2k$ per month! (it used to be over 50k when they uploaded more frequently). I heard somewhere that the right amount is a bit less than half the highest number, so they are maybe earning about 20k per month (even more before). plus sponserships and kbaby.
I think the theory could be right, jesssfam shows up to 16k on socialblade and on her thread people posted a screenshot that she earns about 7k a month...
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

So sad that kaitlin the babysitter is the apparently the only one that can keep levi still and happy...his own parents can't. also i thought they were teaching him not to scream inside yet in the new vlog they're screaming to provoke him to scream.

on another note, im curious why oscar just doesnt cut his hair if he hates it so much. you're starting to grow a mullet oscar.. is he just really lazy about it? Also the word he was looking for was cooperate not compromise. stay in school kids!
xoxoal3xandra
Talker
Talker

Unread post by xoxoal3xandra »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... f067f7.png[/img]

EW.

sjla6993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sjla6993 »

theshamanisright1 wrote:
Highlighter wrote:
HarlowCarlo wrote:Honestly I dislike OK so much but y'all who are complaining saying they're buying a house too big and it has too many rooms blah blah. Like it's a smart move for them cause they plan on having more kids and they'll prolly have their friends staying so guest rooms and an office and playroom, like I bet if they bought a 4 bedroom house you guys would say it's too small. Also ew I just said OK did a smart move. I'm gunna see myself out.

Here are some smarter moves:
- Getting on the same page about how many kids they both actually want before the buy a house with loads of bedrooms.
- Decide if they should actually stay in Utah even though Oscar has said that they were all happiest when they were in California (or Florida).

On a side note: Alaya has old man hair but she has the cutest little smile ever omg.
Can they have more kids? can't Kyra only have one more because she had two c sections? or is that a myth?
Definitely just a myth. And one that I've only ever heard on this thread lol. It's obviously not recommended to keep have a bunch of C-section babies but it is possible. I know plenty of people with multiple C-section babies, including my own mother.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

sjla6993 wrote:
theshamanisright1 wrote:
Highlighter wrote: Here are some smarter moves:

Definitely just a myth. And one that I've only ever heard on this thread lol. It's obviously not recommended to keep have a bunch of C-section babies but it is possible. I know plenty of people with multiple C-section babies, including my own mother.
It's not quite a myth. People can do anything with their bodies but that doesn't mean that it's not risky. Having more c-sections means a greater risk of complications each time. What is the doctor going to do? force her to have an abortion when she gets pregnant since she reached her c-section limit? My aunt had 4 sections and did just fine, and I'm sure many other people have as well. It's just more risky.

teddyandmommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by teddyandmommy »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
sjla6993 wrote:
theshamanisright1 wrote: Can they have more kids? can't Kyra only have one more because she had two c sections? or is that a myth?
It's not quite a myth. People can do anything with their bodies but that doesn't mean that it's not risky. Having more c-sections means a greater risk of complications each time. What is the doctor going to do? force her to have an abortion when she gets pregnant since she reached her c-section limit? My aunt had 4 sections and did just fine, and I'm sure many other people have as well. It's just more risky.

It's generally only risky if you have C babies too close together and don't allow your uterus to heal.

Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

juststardust wrote: I get where you're coming from but Korina obviously consented this. So much so that when the journalist contacted her she had no issue giving a small interview. Maybe you wouldn't be okay with it but she clearly was otherwise I'm sure the video would've never seen daylight, let alone would she have agreed to give out a statement to an LA Times reporter. This video is nothing compared to the way the media is constantly showing pictures and videos of dead or injured brown and black bodies, at least Korina consented to this and Aimee is okay (at least physically, I hope she's sought mental help for this).
The whole difference is the purpose. Making a vlog about this is only for entertainment purpose, while we don't watch dead bodies on the news for enterteinment purpose.
People were shocked when Jess made a bunch of monetized videos about her baby's "near death" but making videos about a terrorist attack is not less shoking to me.
bbygal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bbygal »

girl_please wrote:I don't care that they bought an excessively large house either. I'm honestly just anxious to see what it actually looks like. But it's not like they were even looking for a 7 bedroom house, as far as I can tell, they just found one that they liked that happened to have 7 bedrooms and that doesn't seem that crazy to me with a $700K budget in Utah.

I don't think that one of the bedrooms is going to be a playroom though, I assumed they'd use a family/living room type of room for that, at least those are usually the areas that I see that get turned into playrooms the most often, but I guess I don't know many people with 7 bedroom homes. I just figured they'd want a playroom that's more out in the open, rather than one that is probably out of the way of the main living area of a home. I guess we'll see in anywhere from 6-47 days from now. :P
In the house q&a thing on Kyra's channel I'm pretty sure she said she ideally wanted 4-5 bedrooms, accounting one for a playroom. I would prefer that too rather than having a glob of toys and messiness out in the living area.
juststardust
Talker
Talker

Unread post by juststardust »

Lyanna wrote:
juststardust wrote: I get where you're coming from but Korina obviously consented this. So much so that when the journalist contacted her she had no issue giving a small interview. Maybe you wouldn't be okay with it but she clearly was otherwise I'm sure the video would've never seen daylight, let alone would she have agreed to give out a statement to an LA Times reporter. This video is nothing compared to the way the media is constantly showing pictures and videos of dead or injured brown and black bodies, at least Korina consented to this and Aimee is okay (at least physically, I hope she's sought mental help for this).
The whole difference is the purpose. Making a vlog about this is only for entertainment purpose, while we don't watch dead bodies on the news for enterteinment purpose.
People were shocked when Jess made a bunch of monetized videos about her baby's "near death" but making videos about a terrorist attack is not less shoking to me.
So what you're saying is that you'd rather see dead and injured bodies on the news even though these people and their families haven't consented to it compared to a family that consented to posting this on their channel under their OWN terms? Totally makes sense. Not like the news constantly posting images of dead brown and black bodies desensitises people from their suffering since it happens so often. At least posting it on their own channel allows them to have control over the content and choose what is/isn't posted on there.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

ohh my here come the social media social justice warriors again ><
js2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by js2013 »

hippie_vegan_mama wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
hippie_vegan_mama wrote: Where did you see this? 56k/month would be over 600k+ a year which would mean they could afford way way more than they spend or do. I mean I could be wrong but that seems a tad extravagant.
Ellie had a video where she was flipping through her planner and someone paused at the budget and took a screenshot. O&k spend less than a lot of other vloggers. We will see though most vloggers change and start spending when they buy a house.

wow thats insane! smh over the fact that these people make that much money for doing basically nothing lol.
That is seriously discusting...thats more than I make in a year with 2 degrees and working full time. If that is true, shame on YouTube for allowing these kids to make that much...no one needs that much money especially 2 uneducated lazy children.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

js2013 wrote:
hippie_vegan_mama wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote: Ellie had a video where she was flipping through her planner and someone paused at the budget and took a screenshot. O&k spend less than a lot of other vloggers. We will see though most vloggers change and start spending when they buy a house.

wow thats insane! smh over the fact that these people make that much money for doing basically nothing lol.
That is seriously discusting...thats more than I make in a year with 2 degrees and working full time. If that is true, shame on YouTube for allowing these kids to make that much...no one needs that much money especially 2 uneducated lazy children.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
You sound really bitter and jealous

Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bayareamom »

"That is seriously discusting...thats more than I make in a year with 2 degrees and working full time. If that is true, shame on YouTube for allowing these kids to make that much...no one needs that much money especially 2 uneducated lazy children."

So do you feel that all celebs and/or sports stars, who never went to college (and many of them barely completed high school) are deserving of their wealth? Granted, they actually WORK for a living, but they're no more or less intelligent and/or deserving in many ways, than OK.

I'm not condoning exploiting one's children. I would never exploit my children to make a living, as all YouTubers are doing who do this sort of thing (who have children). But simply having two degrees and working full-time does not always equal a high standard of living (financially at any rate). It depends on one's profession, and in many cases how well the economy is doing.

It does seem shameful that these two young adults (or anyone on YouTube for that matter) can make the sort of income some of them do. But as my husband says, OK is the one exception (w/a few others) who made it BIG on YouTube. There are many others trying to do the same thing, that aren't able to come even close to what OK and those few other exceptions, are able to do financially.
abbscarbs
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by abbscarbs »

New Thread Name ideas: OKDoWeHaveAHouse or OKClickBait or OKEscrow
aspynferris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aspynferris »

abbscarbs wrote:New Thread Name ideas: OKDoWeHaveAHouse or OKClickBait or OKEscrow
I like OKDoWeHaveAHouse or OKStillTwoWeeksBehind
juststardust
Talker
Talker

Unread post by juststardust »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:ohh my here come the social media social justice warriors again ><
Funny how everybody on this thread claims to want to educate Oscar and Kyra and just want to see them do better yet none of you can handle criticism and differing opinions. You're all just as bad and ignorant as the people you bash and claim to be better than. What a toxic thread this is honestly, maybe work on bettering yourselves before you worry about others. You guys can bash whoever you want and be petty as hell but God forbid somebody bring up real issues that matter such as racism. Continue living in your own little bubble where a 1yo drinking milk out of a bottle is worse than societal issues such as racism and discrimination. At the rate we're going Oscar and Kyra will soon be more cultured than many of you ever will be, at least they're making a better life for themselves and their children and have the privilege of showing them the world while you continue living in your own little cave where the worst thing ever is a baby chilling at home in a diaper and no other clothes on. Image
yallstupid
Talker
Talker

Unread post by yallstupid »

juststardust wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:ohh my here come the social media social justice warriors again ><
Funny how everybody on this thread claims to want to educate Oscar and Kyra and just want to see them do better yet none of you can handle criticism and differing opinions. You're all just as bad and ignorant as the people you bash and claim to be better than. What a toxic thread this is honestly, maybe work on bettering yourselves before you worry about others. You guys can bash whoever you want and be petty as hell but God forbid somebody bring up real issues that matter such as racism. Continue living in your own little bubble where a 1yo drinking milk out of a bottle is worse than societal issues such as racism and discrimination. At the rate we're going Oscar and Kyra will soon be more cultured than many of you ever will be, at least they're making a better life for themselves and their children and have the privilege of showing them the world while you continue living in your own little cave where the worst thing ever is a baby chilling at home in a diaper and no other clothes on. Image
Exactly, wasn't like you were moderating what they were saying, it was an opinion that makes sense. Soulinaearthsuit, you shouldn't be such a hypocrite really, your probably the name I see most on here don't need to see it any more especially for a hypocritical comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

OkSoWhenIsHeGettingHisHaircut OkOscarIsNuts OkWeGotAHouse

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper