OKClickbait - Part 13

Mammabelle
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKClickbait - Part 13

Unread post by Mammabelle »

I absolutely hate how Oscar is always laughing at Levi.
If he's sad or upset or falls over or was upset his tent blew away he always laughs at him.
Give the kid a break and show him so love and empathy and understanding don't just laugh in his face all the time
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

I don't watch this family very often but every time I do watch I cringe the entire time. It is going to be an honest to God miracle if those two sweet babies survive with Oscar and Kyra as their parents. The things they do is down right scary!! I say there needs to be a hashtag for those babies #prayingforLeviandAlayasprorexrionfeomxrazyparents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
js2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by js2013 »

colemanl1997 wrote:
mac-n-cheese wrote:
missy-1010 wrote: You're so wrong lol

Whhhhaaat????
4 months?????
No...just no...

Why are people in such a hurry to push their babies to eat food??

But you can, it's not highly advised but 4-6 months is when you can introduce solid food. And not everyone wants too sometimes it is recommended for medical reasons.
I just hope they don't start with blw it is far too early for that

The current opinion amongst lactation consultants is starting at 6 months for a breastfed baby. All babies are different,but they need to be able to fully sit up on their own, use a two finger grasp and show some interest in foods. I don't watch the Vlogs enough to know if the baby does all that yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
estefany
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by estefany »

Kyra just tweeted that she'll be visiting Keren & Khoa in Florida this month...
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Mamaandmore wrote:BLW focuses on introducing flavour and texture to baby. They learn independence to feed themselves, and it's more of an experience than for nutrition (they should be getting their caloric needs met from breast milk or formula. ) once baby is able to chew and swallow, their past practice of gumming different foods and experiencing the different flavours and textures and social habits of eating (sitting together, bringiyfood to their mouths, regulating when they are finished) will serve them well.

Purée doesn't afford them these lessons. The food is regulated by mom or dad, so baby doesn't decide when their done. The food is often sweeter and not what the family is eating so makes transition to regular food more difficult later as baby is used to the baby flavours. Also they don't get the self feeding practice. They learn to swallow liquid foods, rather than chew the textures.
i mean i know so many people including myself who was fed puree and then transitioned to solid foods and i learned to refuse food when i was done and my transition to regular food (which i had--just mashed up until i could chew properly) was super smooth and I was never a picky eater. So to say that puree fed babies dont learn these lessons is wrong. Also kyra doesnt do BLW taking these things into account whatsoever. She just gives her kids huge chunks of food and doesnt even supervise. they dont sit together to eat.
Thank you! I'm so tired of hearing puree fed babies can't learn to chew their food, refuse food etc. My daughter was puree fed and transitioned to finger foods beautifully. Chewing is a natural response. Why would anyone think a 6 month old would be able to grasp gumming and chewing but a 12 month old wouldn't understand how? lol Being fed purees doesn't somehow knock them back in development. As for baby food being sweeter that totally depends on the parent. My kid was eating pureed beans, kale, quinoa etc. And I'm always complimented on how great she eats (in terms of not being picky). It doesn't matter what method you choose. What matters is that O & K are doing it wrong and being completely unsafe. But what else is new.
snowflakecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snowflakecake »

estefany wrote:Kyra just tweeted that she'll be visiting Keren & Khoa in Florida this month...
Yay!!! More travelling, more days to fall behind on. Wonderful. Just what they need. At this rate we'll be seeing this years christmas videos in july next year.
hanna_marie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hanna_marie »

Ugh it really bugged me how in most of today's vlog, Levi had a dirty mouth. Oh my god! How long does it take to clean it with a baby wipe?! So disgusting!
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Okay, I will say it was extremely sweet of her and keren to buy karlee's plane tickets out to Florida.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

wolflily23 wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Mamaandmore wrote:BLW focuses on introducing flavour and texture to baby. They learn independence to feed themselves, and it's more of an experience than for nutrition (they should be getting their caloric needs met from breast milk or formula. ) once baby is able to chew and swallow, their past practice of gumming different foods and experiencing the different flavours and textures and social habits of eating (sitting together, bringiyfood to their mouths, regulating when they are finished) will serve them well.

Purée doesn't afford them these lessons. The food is regulated by mom or dad, so baby doesn't decide when their done. The food is often sweeter and not what the family is eating so makes transition to regular food more difficult later as baby is used to the baby flavours. Also they don't get the self feeding practice. They learn to swallow liquid foods, rather than chew the textures.
i mean i know so many people including myself who was fed puree and then transitioned to solid foods and i learned to refuse food when i was done and my transition to regular food (which i had--just mashed up until i could chew properly) was super smooth and I was never a picky eater. So to say that puree fed babies dont learn these lessons is wrong. Also kyra doesnt do BLW taking these things into account whatsoever. She just gives her kids huge chunks of food and doesnt even supervise. they dont sit together to eat.
Thank you! I'm so tired of hearing puree fed babies can't learn to chew their food, refuse food etc. My daughter was puree fed and transitioned to finger foods beautifully. Chewing is a natural response. Why would anyone think a 6 month old would be able to grasp gumming and chewing but a 12 month old wouldn't understand how? lol Being fed purees doesn't somehow knock them back in development. As for baby food being sweeter that totally depends on the parent. My kid was eating pureed beans, kale, quinoa etc. And I'm always complimented on how great she eats (in terms of not being picky). It doesn't matter what method you choose. What matters is that O & K are doing it wrong and being completely unsafe. But what else is new.
YESYESYES OMG YES. exactly. it is totally a natural response, i dont get why people cant grasp that!!! And it all matters on what purees you give (dont just give them mashed banana and such!). Just puree your normal food!
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Here's part #14.. http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?t=13050

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “OKBaby”