OKPleaseProposeToMeToday | Part 18

Mommyof6
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKPleaseProposeToMeToday | Part 18

Unread post by Mommyof6 »

ckks wrote:Also, I just saw that there was an earthquake near LA. I’m assuming it wasn’t too bad and the kids are fine, but that seems like one of Kyra’s biggest fears (natural disasters). Wonder if she’s regretting leaving the kids behind yet? That’s terrifying knowing something like that can happen when you’re so far away from your kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they went home yesterday they were only there six days and in one of her friends pictures it looks like they are possible at an airport yesterday

Sent from my LGL163BL using Tapatalk
JustWannaGossip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by JustWannaGossip »

I have a random question, and it’s just the way I think. Oscar does not look Hispanic to me. His skin is so light and he has no accent. I know you don’t get an accent from your genetics, but you do get it from spending time with those who are around you growing up and both of his parents has semi heavy accents and his grandmother speaks Spanish in a heavy accent. Even his half siblings have someone accents and have somewhat tan skin. I am so curious as to why this is.

Stop-KK-Now
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Stop-KK-Now »

JustWannaGossip wrote:I have a random question, and it’s just the way I think. Oscar does not look Hispanic to me. His skin is so light and he has no accent. I know you don’t get an accent from your genetics, but you do get it from spending time with those who are around you growing up and both of his parents has semi heavy accents and his grandmother speaks Spanish in a heavy accent. Even his half siblings have someone accents and have somewhat tan skin. I am so curious as to why this is.

None of his siblings have accents? And I think it’s honestly just a case of genetics and that he’s been living in the US since he was pretty small so he’s been bilingual for the majority of his life. That’s my guess :)
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

JustWannaGossip wrote:I have a random question, and it’s just the way I think. Oscar does not look Hispanic to me. His skin is so light and he has no accent. I know you don’t get an accent from your genetics, but you do get it from spending time with those who are around you growing up and both of his parents has semi heavy accents and his grandmother speaks Spanish in a heavy accent. Even his half siblings have someone accents and have somewhat tan skin. I am so curious as to why this is.

Genetics are weird, and cool. Two of our kids inherited their granddad's brown skin, hair and eyes. The third one is very white, blue eyes and light brown hair.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L02 using Tapatalk
LynnGLOVE8989
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by LynnGLOVE8989 »

My husbands parents and extended family moved here before he was born... he grew up learning English in school and Spanish with his family. He has no accent at all. Not even a tiny bit. This is cause most of his time was spent in school and working, he spent more time outside the home than inside the home as he got older.
He has super dark skin as do most of his siblings but one sibling has light skin like his dad... genetics are a really strange thing.
Delrey__
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Delrey__ »

Lol you’d be surprised that not all mexicans are brown. There’s alot that are actually light skinned, blonde and have colored eyes. Also, he probably moved to the US very young and learned the language when he was still little, hence why he doesn’t have an accent.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

My brother's Dad is 100% Mexican and he is blonde haired and blue eyed and fair skinned. He has an accent and people usually act confused when he speaks. You would never guess to look at him where he was born. My brother came out blonde as well since we are blonde on this side too but his Dad warned my Mom when she was pregnant to get ready if he was brown skinned and people acted like she cheated on him. LOL Apparently just his Mom and he were blonde, his brothers were black haired and tan skinned like his Dad and Grandpa.
ALeto90
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ALeto90 »

not every hispanic has dark skin or has accents smh! I’m Hispanic and both my parents, grandparents, extended family all have Spanish* accents bc they grew up speaking mainly Spanish and learning English after they were older. I grew up bilingual and have no accent in either language. Some of Oscars ancestors may be more Spanish/European. This post was a bit stereotypical.
flightlessbird
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by flightlessbird »

ALeto90 wrote:She was drinking beer in today’s vlog. I don’t know if it’s been talked about but how do y’all feel about his editing? I find it too cinematic.I don’t like it. I thought I did at first, but now it reminds me of a reality show.
I think it's sad that he has to put on a show on family vacation meant to be spent with his damn family and he has gopros attached to Kyra's head and drones flying in the air just to get something extra for the vlog. Plus, who knows how long he spends editing and trying to upload. A lot of time spent working is being taken away from spending time with his family.
milkmama0306jr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by milkmama0306jr »

flightlessbird wrote:
ALeto90 wrote:She was drinking beer in today’s vlog. I don’t know if it’s been talked about but how do y’all feel about his editing? I find it too cinematic.I don’t like it. I thought I did at first, but now it reminds me of a reality show.
I think it's sad that he has to put on a show on family vacation meant to be spent with his damn family and he has gopros attached to Kyra's head and drones flying in the air just to get something extra for the vlog. Plus, who knows how long he spends editing and trying to upload. A lot of time spent working is being taken away from spending time with his family.
If I was going to see my family in Mexico, I would have not even vlogged, I would have explained to my viewers that I'm going on vacation, just like most people with a regular job do. If they didn't stop vlogging when the kids were born, they wouldn't stop for reconnecting with family. I get it, it's there jobs, but that's what bugs me about vloggers, they post real personal memories out there, they can't even stop for that. It's sad really. To live for a vlog

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
milkmama0306jr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by milkmama0306jr »

flightlessbird wrote:
If I was going to see my family in Mexico, I would have not even vlogged, I would have explained to my viewers that I'm going on vacation, just like most people with a regular job do. If they didn't stop vlogging when the kids were born, they wouldn't stop for reconnecting with family. I get it, it's there jobs, but that's what bugs me about vloggers, they post real personal memories out there, they can't even stop for that. It's sad really. To live for a vlog

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
JustWannaGossip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by JustWannaGossip »

ALeto90 wrote:not every hispanic has dark skin or has accents smh! I’m Hispanic and both my parents, grandparents, extended family all have Spanish* accents bc they grew up speaking mainly Spanish and learning English after they were older. I grew up bilingual and have no accent in either language. Some of Oscars ancestors may be more Spanish/European. This post was a bit stereotypical.
sorry. Didn’t mean to be stereotypical. I have many close friends that are Hispanic and that’s the only reason I said something.

ALeto90
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ALeto90 »

flightlessbird wrote:

Right! And you know he overcompensated just to prove how “tough their job is and how hard they work” to prove a point to his family since they doubted him in the beginning. I mean in one clip he’s hanging out the van to get footage! Lol I would’ve love to see more of his side of the family. But like Megan’s vlog said, it seemed more of a spring break edition than anything else.
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

JustWannaGossip wrote:
ALeto90 wrote:not every hispanic has dark skin or has accents smh! I’m Hispanic and both my parents, grandparents, extended family all have Spanish* accents bc they grew up speaking mainly Spanish and learning English after they were older. I grew up bilingual and have no accent in either language. Some of Oscars ancestors may be more Spanish/European. This post was a bit stereotypical.
sorry. Didn’t mean to be stereotypical. I have many close friends that are Hispanic and that’s the only reason I said something.

I think it is a fairly vaild question. I don't knoe anything about mexico or the inhabitants, I didn't even realise Oscars mother was Mexican because she looks like a generic Caucasian chick.

esp_marie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by esp_marie »

minties82 wrote:
JustWannaGossip wrote:

I think it is a fairly vaild question. I don't knoe anything about mexico or the inhabitants, I didn't even realise Oscars mother was Mexican because she looks like a generic Caucasian chick.

really? i feel that she looks much more hispanic than oscar. so does his dad and honestly all his siblings imo
jessie131
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jessie131 »

My partner is kiwi and has live here in Australia for 10 years now(he’s 22). He has an Aussie accent, while all his siblings and parents have strong kiwi accents. I feel like it’s because of him though, when we first started dated he had a kiwi accent. But he’s been around me everyday for the past 4 and a half years, so mine just rubbed off on him. So he could have had a bit off a Mexican accent before Kyra, I’ll go back and look at their first vlogs.

And others has said to, it’s also from growing up and going to school with Americans.

ALeto90
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ALeto90 »

minties82 wrote:
JustWannaGossip wrote:

Minties what?!! I’m not Mexican, but I’m Hispanic and that can look like and mean a lot of things. Some of our ancestors may be Indians, Africans, Spanish/European. Think of Salma Hayek/Selena Gomez, they’re Mexican. Look up Thalia. Shit I had to look up inhabitants bc I thought you were talking about Mexican animals..!?
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

I hate to say it, but I actually really like the editing and filming on these vacation vlogs.
It’s nice to see them putting the effort into it.

I also don’t think this would have been the best environment for the kids, and I don’t fault them for not wanting to take them. The drinking, jet skis, boating, other adult activities aren’t going to be as possible with kids around. However, they should’ve just owned up to it and not lied about why they didn’t bring them.

Oscar and Kyra shouldn’t have brought their friend either; they could use a trip as a couple- no kids, no friends.

miljenica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by miljenica »

PinkMoscato wrote:I hate to say it, but I actually really like the editing and filming on these vacation vlogs.

I also don’t think this would have been the best environment for the kids, and I don’t fault them for not wanting to take them. The drinking, jet skis, boating, other adult activities aren’t going to be as possible with kids around. However, they should’ve just owned up to it and not lied about why they didn’t bring them.

Oscar and Kyra shouldn’t have brought their friend either; they could use a trip as a couple- no kids, no friends.

I agree with you, their activities are not kid friendly. But, they chose the activities. I mean if you decide to have kids, you have to accept that a certain life style is over. I know they are young but still. You are right they should have said; ok we want a vacation without the kids ect. But they are still as irresponsible as they were. I don’t get people who compare keren and kyra. They are both shitty moms, in their own unique way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

PinkMoscato wrote:I hate to say it, but I actually really like the editing and filming on these vacation vlogs.

I agree with you.
There is absolutely no shame in having a child free vacation, it’s really good for your relationship and your mental health and parents deserve breaks too. And the kids are staying with family which is wonderful for them. If they hadn’t of been so shady about taking them/not taking them it wouldn’t have been an issue at all. Personally, I wouldn’t want to take my small children on that vacation either, because I would want to do a lot of the activities they are going, snorkelling and jet skiing etc.

I will never understand why they took Megan on that holiday. She’s annoying and obnoxious and it’s a family vacation, she doesn’t even know oscars family. I don’t understand why they can’t ever do anything together as a couple, they always have friends tagging along. Super healthy for your relationship Image

Return to “OKBaby”